Forum › Valkyrie Drive, New Multimedia Project by Senran Kagura's Creator

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

But again, Daidouji has always been depicted as the strongest character on the series. On the anime she took the five girls at once without flinch while in the games' plot she's only fought once and she goes easy on the girls.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

<3

The anime site got an update and the profiles for the new characters have been added. There's also a schedule for the stream available and it seems Takaki will have a section focused on him at the 22:00 hrs

http://valkyriedrive.jp/anime/news/

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Whats the stream about?

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

It'ss about hyping the project, so with any luck we'll see some new trailers at the least.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

If anyone's interested, Valkyrie Drive preorders are live
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=GAME-0014760

And it seems there will be Senran Kagura related news on the VD stream for some reason

https://twitter.com/kenichiro_taka/status/627071951446540293

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

The stream came and go but not a lot of new info was revealed.

Release dates were confirmed, October for the anime, December 10th for the Vita game and the mobile game some time between those two dates.
Also it seems like we will not be getting any cross over of girls from one work to the others (Mermaid, Bhikkhuni, and Siren). (Contrary to the trailer we've all seen).
Potentially good news: If all three sell well and get good reviews we could potentially see future seasons/games that encompass the characters from the other platform(s).

No gameplay for Bhikhunhi so we'll have to wait until the TGS for that. A new PV was revealed for the anime, and it looks pretty damn cool, more action oriented that I expected.

New art has surfaced on the web

VAs are having fun with the project at least

https://twitter.com/vhitomin/status/627480039148273664/photo/1

last edited at Aug 1, 2015 3:51PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

PV anywhere online?

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013
joined Jun 12, 2015

Anime PV

00:50 - Sex? Rape?

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Anime PV

I love that shot where Mirei is crouching and her hair is flowing.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

PV was kinda disappointing... I wanted more yuri, like in the first one xD

Anime PV

00:50 - Sex? Rape?

BDSM fanservice?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/08/03/valkyrie-drive-bhikkhuni-will-release-in-japan-on-december-10th/

And some people thought it wouldn't be yuri

Better wait for the game release before saying something like that.

You can choose their underwear and destroy their outfit, I wonder how much they will cut and censor for us, sigh...

Senran Kagura have much parts censored or cut? I remember that one of them had a part where you destroy the girls cloths, I think it was for the ps4 game, someone know if they cut that?

last edited at Aug 3, 2015 11:06AM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/08/03/valkyrie-drive-bhikkhuni-will-release-in-japan-on-december-10th/

And some people thought it wouldn't be yuri

Better wait for the game release before saying something like that.

You can choose their underwear and destroy their outfit, I wonder how much they will cut and censor for us, sigh...

Senran Kagura have much parts censored or cut? I remember that one of them had a part where you destroy the girls cloths, I think it was for the ps4 game, someone know if they cut that?

I actually think this all will be at subtext levels... with plot reasons for kissing, that works for me tho, lol

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I mean, dont expect text but we have kissing confirmed and now a mechanic to raise the characters' affection for each other.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

With everything being delivered I don't think we need actual dialogue (nor text) to verify yuri.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

The profiles for many characters have started to being translated

"その方向に未来はないわ・・・"
"There's no future in that direction・・・"
—Mirei, Valkyrie Drive Mermaid

Mirei Shikishima is the protagonist of Valkyrie Drive Mermaid. She is a young girl who possesses an outstanding figure with dark brown skin and a blonde hair long enough that it touches the ground. Due to her extremely reserved appearance, people thinks that she's a scary person but in reality, Mirei is a pure-hearted innocent person. She is also a courageous and energetic person who doesn't avert her eyes from unreasonable things. As a matter of fact, she is fond of cute things. As a Liberator, her power is S-Class. Because of her reserved nature, only few people is aware of her past.

"処女でありません!処女です!"
"It's not Shojo (Virgin), it's Tokonome!"
—Mamori, Valkyrie Drive Mermaid

Mamori Tokonome is an obedient, gentle type and has a trait of speaking politely. Her chest is big, but her height resembles a middle schooler, making her complex. Despite her gentle personality who doesn't wish for conflicts, by meeting Mirei, her body was dragged into various incidents. Because of a Liberator, she possesses a power to transform her body into a weapon. Her hobby is reading and she is worried being called by her surname "処女 (Shojo/Virgin)" (Half of it, she gave up).

"というわけで、早速始めよか!まいどまいどー!"
"At any rate, let's start immediately! Hello, hello!"
—Meifon, Valkyrie Drive Mermaid

Before Mirei and Mamori, Meifon is the girl who was transferred to the "Mermaid". She is half taiwanese and half japanese, her quick-witted and agile movements makes the best use of her small figure. She talks in Osaka dialect and a cheapskate, who will do anything for the sake of money. She is a reckless type, characterized by her clear emotions. Despite living in a good life at her castle "Feste", she carries a merchant business and holds a gambling party every time she is sent into the island, earning money greedily.

"ぱーとなーがいないと、私たちは倒せないわ"
"Without my partner, we can't be beaten"
—Lady J, Valkyrie Drive Mermaid

Lady J is a girl who is full of mystery and and possess a bewitching appearance and rich body. Her appearance is cool and speaks very few words but she has a strong connection with her partner, Rein Hasami, tied with a deep mutual trust for each other. Along with Rein, they seem to be surveying the Mermaid island but those actions are wrapped with mystery.

From Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni

"りょーかい!絶対勝つ!意地でも勝つ!負けても勝つ!"
"Roooger that! Absolute victory! I’ll win no matter what! Even if I lose, I’ll win!"
—Ranka's quote, Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni

The younger of the Kagurazaka sisters. Determined and whimsy, she’s a hot-blooded girl who stands out thanks to her boyish behavior. She fights with her fists and goes head-first into battle. Both her and her sister are very sensitive when it comes to their bodies being touched.

"わたし、ドキドキ興奮してるかも。"
"I think I might be getting excited."
—Rinka's quote, Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni

The oldest of the Kaguzarazaka sisters. Though she’s one to be constantly smiling and has a gentle disposition at heart, her sheer rampaging prowess born from her pure heart strikes fear even in the heart of her younger sister Ranka. She fights with a Japanese sword and leaves a very nice scent in her tracks as she moves.

"大丈夫です。よく頑張りましたね。"
"“Don’t worry about it. I know you did your best out there."
—Mana's quote, Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni

A calm, loving girl, Mana serves as the group’s mediator. She can transform her hair into arrows one strand at a time, making her an especially dangerous opponent to face off against knowing her hair can slip through any crack in the enemy’s defenses. Her greatest weapon, however, may be her ability to make people around her crack a smile no matter whether she’s complimenting them or telling them off.

"斃す、全て斃す。"
"I’ll defeat you, I’ll defeat all of you."
—Momo's quote, Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni

A reserved girl with a low voice. She lost her memory and is fighting in hopes of finding out who she is. She repeatedly questions herself, and wields a spear in battle. Starved for knowledge, when she comes across a word that piques her interest, she’ll ask questions for hours on end until things finally make sense for her. She has a cat like figure, and is very cute.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I think I could live for a thousand years and I still won't know what the actual frick the RIGHT definition of loli is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4z4O_NGHlI&feature=youtu.be

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

The profiles for many characters have started to being translated

"その方向に未来はないわ・・・"
"There's no future in that direction・・・"
—Mirei, Valkyrie Drive Mermaid

Mirei Shikishima is the protagonist of Valkyrie Drive Mermaid. She is a young girl who possesses an outstanding figure with dark brown skin and a blonde hair long enough that it touches the ground. Due to her extremely reserved appearance, people thinks that she's a scary person but in reality, Mirei is a pure-hearted innocent person. She is also a courageous and energetic person who doesn't avert her eyes from unreasonable things. As a matter of fact, she is fond of cute things. As a Liberator, her power is S-Class. Because of her reserved nature, only few people is aware of her past.

Heh, I like this trope.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

It seems this is the plot for the mobile game

“The girls’ feelings will become their most powerful weapon.”

There exists a man-made island floating in the sea called Siren. Girls that have been infected by a mysterious virus have been isolated there. There are two types of girls; those that have the ability to turn themselves into weapons, the “Exstar”, and girls that wield those weapons, called “Liberators.” The lives of those imprisoned girls are controlled by the powerful governors of Siren, the “Elizaveta.” In response to the Elizaveta’s tyranny, a small band of resistance has formed. However, against the extremely powerful Elizaveta, the upcoming battles will be full of strife and struggle. In the midst of the battle-ravaged Siren, a lone young man is found, with no records of him ever being teleported there. With only the prisoner girls at his side on Siren, that single young man begins to change the face of history…

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

'scuse me, wat?

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

'scuse me, wat?

You mean the "lone guy" part?

Is just the self insert for the game, akin to IdolM@ster producer or Senran Kagura: New Wave instructor.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

I think I could live for a thousand years and I still won't know what the actual frick the RIGHT definition of loli is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4z4O_NGHlI&feature=youtu.be

Exactly

'scuse me, wat?

You mean the "lone guy" part?

Is just the self insert for the game, akin to IdolM@ster producer or Senran Kagura: New Wave instructor.

Why?!?

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Who knows, is just the standard for these kind of games I believe.

To reply you must either login or sign up.