Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

The key phrase there is "it seems to me".

I could say the same for those trying to paint Seju in a completely different light (which is also inconsistent with her actions and behaviors) when none of us know much about her true character. You're misconstruing a character so much to the point where I feel like you're reading a completely different manhwa.

Sorry for sounding like an asshole. But are you saying that Sumin is embraces very well to Seju? Or are you saying Sumin is not emotionally dependent on Seju? Both points are very valid in my opinion. Unless you want to refute them.

Sumin's own doing subconsciously = It takes two hands to clap
because Sumin is willing subconsciously. If you do understand what I am trying to say. I don't see how this doesn't add up.

"Sumin is embraces very well to Seju". I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what you're trying to say here. If you've read a word of my arguments, you'd know that I've been arguing this whole time that Sumin is indeed emotionally dependent on Seju, but not necessarily in a positive manner, due to the trauma that she experienced. "Sumin's own doing subconsciously = It takes two hands to clap". I don't believe that's what the idiom "It takes two hands to clap/It takes two to tango" means. Blaming all of this on Sumin and saying that Seju had no role in it at all, is completely ridiculous. Go back and read my previous arguments please. Also, saying that Sumin is "willing subconsciously" is just your speculation. There's no definite proof in the manhwa to back up your argument.

Also, your rebuttal for the reason why Seju won't allow Namisa into the building wasn't crystal clear. Namisa is Sumin's friend; why did Seju forbid Namisa from ever entering her company's office? The reason was never specified in the manhwa either, but I find it suspicious as hell.

last edited at Jul 5, 2015 4:56PM

Yurimangac
joined Nov 15, 2013

I'm in!

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

The key phrase there is "it seems to me".

I could say the same for those trying to paint Seju in a completely different light (which is also inconsistent with her actions and behaviors) when none of us know much about her true character. You're misconstruing a character so much to the point where I feel like you're reading a completely different manhwa.

Apparently, we are reading the same manhwa (unless you're reading something else? haha). The only difference between you and me is that, you are prejudiced against Seju thinking she's a hoe because of chapter 10/11. Since you already hold a negative light upon her character, all her actions are done with a hidden motive. For me, I'm merely stating my observations for her actions.

And while I maybe slightly biased towards Seju, I don't base my comments on nothing. I did agree about the conversation thing being passive-aggressive.

For the second time I'm saying it again, Seju's personality and character are all just speculations still because we haven't been given a glimpse on her perspective yet. What she does appear to be doing is pushing Sungji and Sumin together. That's it, so how can you conclude quickly she's a controlling/hoe and whatnot based on that? Ciao

joined Jul 5, 2015

For anyone with an American Express credit card, they have an offer for "Get a one-time $5 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make a single purchase of $5 or more on Google Play by 8/31/2015."

Also an offer for "Get a one-time $5 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $5 or more on iTunes by 8/31/2015."

You'd need to login to your account and add the offers from the "Amex Offers & Benefits" box first to get the credit.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Apparently, we are reading the same manhwa (unless you're reading something else? haha). The only difference between you and me is that, you are prejudiced against Seju thinking she's a hoe because of chapter 10/11. Since you already hold a negative light upon her character, all her actions are done with a hidden motive. For me, I'm merely stating my observations for her actions.

And while I maybe slightly biased towards Seju, I don't base my comments on nothing. I did agree about the conversation thing being passive-aggressive.

For the second time I'm saying it again, Seju's personality and character are all just speculations still because we haven't been given a glimpse on her perspective yet. What she does appear to be doing is pushing Sungji and Sumin together. That's it, so how can you conclude quickly she's a controlling/hoe and whatnot based on that? Ciao

Let me correct my previous statements. Seju isn't a hoe, she's a bitch. Oh I'm sorry, I'm not reading WDFS. I'm translating it. Haha. Ha.

My so called "prejudice" against Seju's character goes much farther than just chapters 10 and 11. I've already listed several examples as to why I think she's so shady, and it's how I interpreted both the art and story from the authors. Saying "I maybe slightly biased towards Seju" contradicts, and invalidates your statement of "I don't base my comments on nothing". Because clearly, you have based several comments on said bias. If I hadn't clarified chapter 9 for you, you would have continued to hold a wrong perspective of that scene, which would have further clouded your judgement of Seju's character.

We don't know much about her personality, but we have definitely been given glimpses and hints.

-Manipulative (chapters 9 and 14; Seju attempts to get Sungji interested in Sumin, Seju grins after Sumin admits Sungji is her type)
-Rude/demeaning (chapters 3, 9, 10; Comments mocking or pissing off Sumin)
-Controlling (chapter 15; Sumin's friend isn't allowed to visit the office because of Seju's restriction)

Examples of your unbiased, super-objective comments:
A) "Seju supposedly "tricked" Sungji into revealing that she was the friend over at Sumin's when all she did was state something so obvious. It's more like Sungji is extremely gullible (or naïve as Seju put it) for answering Seju's inexplicit question without Seju even asking her."

You're pushing the blame away from Seju and onto Sungji. If that isn't an example of deceit, then I don't know what is.

B) "Why I'm rooting for Seju is because she's really devoted to Sumin. During the 10 years after the death of Sumin's parents Seju never slept with anyone else (confirmed by the author) while Sumin had relations with other women".

You naturally assume that she's devoted, just because she didn't sleep with someone else for 10 years. Here's the definition of devotion: a feeling of strong love or loyalty, or the use of time, money, energy, etc., for a particular purpose. Second definition, I might agree with. First one, not so much. I've already explained why I don't believe Seju is being a "loyal" white knight for Sumin, read my previous arguments. This is probably the most...solid (somewhat) of your arguments, because you use actual evidence from the authors.

C) "For all we know she could've been tricked into it and whatnot seeing as she's not into men, and the fact that she was under the influence and lonely as she thinks Sumin blames her"

Once again, it's not really Seju's fault, it's because the poor thing could've been tricked. Or she was too drunk. Or too lonely. She didn't mean to cheat, I swear! Stop trying to take the blame off of her again. She made a mistake, she fucked up, and that's that. It doesn't matter why she did it.

You're trying to portray her as some innocent, devoted, angst-filled maiden in love, who makes mistakes sometimes, but it's not always really her fault because insert excuse here. When clearly, examples from the manhwa say otherwise. I'm not saying it's bad to like Seju; you can like her all you want. All I'm saying is don't try changing her characterization for the sake of fitting your idealized version of her.

Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Ok, ok guys, as much as I love this discussion, let's simmer down a bit and not result to ad hominem attacks ok? Let's focus on the argument itself. Haven't had time to read all the discussion everything yet but I'll get round to it eventually.

Bsj04(1)
joined Jun 1, 2014

"Sumin is embraces very well to Seju". I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what you're trying to say here.
emotionally dependent on Seju =/= Sumin's cold attitude

Sorry, I meant to say Sumin accepts and is pleased with Seju’s efforts to get closer to her (I call them efforts, you may call them advances).
You agree that Sumin is emotionally dependent on Seju and if you also agree that Sumin is giving Seju the cold shoulder most of the time, I don’t understand why you are questioning my view.

If you've read a word of my arguments, you'd know that I've been arguing this whole time that Sumin is indeed emotionally dependent on Seju, but not necessarily in a positive manner, due to the trauma that she experienced. "Sumin's own doing subconsciously = It takes two hands to clap". I don't believe that's what the idiom "It takes two hands to clap/It takes two to tango" means. Blaming all of this on Sumin and saying that Seju had no role in it at all, is completely ridiculous. Go back and read my previous arguments please. Also, saying that Sumin is "willing subconsciously" is just your speculation. There's no definite proof in the manhwa to back up your argument.

Yes, ”Sumin’s own doing” is an assumption to rebut your assumption that there is no doubt Seju is controlling and forcing Sumin to go back to her. For Sumin to be going back to Seju time and again, it must mean that Seju has some kind of influence over Sumin. This influence is not manipulation. Seju has influence over Sumin, Sumin is willing to go back to Seju (Sumin’s own doing), Seju is happy to accept that. It takes two hands to clap because Sumin made the first move to return to Seju and Seju is there waiting, acknowledging the influence she had over Sumin and goes along with it because she is more than happy to have her back. I didn’t say it is all Sumin’s own doing. Sorry, I didn’t know I had made things so hard for you to comprehend.

By “emotionally dependent”, I mean that whenever Sumin feels the need to find somebody to rely on, she will go to Seju. This is something that I think Sumin is doing out of her own will, but obviously you don’t think so. So Sumin hates it but is forced to go back to Seju to seek comfort from a person she dislikes and Seju planned all this? Sumin’s social activities are not restricted yet she doesn’t have anyone to go to -- is this really all Seju’s plan or does Sumin bear some responsibility in creating this situation? Unless it is proven that Seju has the power to make Sumin’s lovers and friends all leave her, I find this “Seju forcing an unwilling Sumin back to her” viewpoint very unsound. Sumin drawing comfort from other ex-lovers or even strangers is better than drawing comfort from someone she hates and refused to go to.
Anyway, as you’ve said, this is my assumption. But you’ve also made your own assumptions.

Also, your rebuttal for the reason why Seju won't allow Namisa into the building wasn't crystal clear. Namisa is Sumin's friend; why did Seju forbid Namisa from ever entering her company's office? The reason was never specified in the manhwa either, but I find it suspicious as hell.

Seju forbidding Nami to enter the company has nothing to do with Seju being a control maniac. You are going to make me repeat what I have said too, should I also request that you go back and read my arguments properly?
If this ever has anything to do with control, it is only Seju controlling Nami’s access inside her company. Seju dislikes Nami, but she didn’t force Sumin to break off their friendship. Seju acknowledged Nami as Sumin’s friend. I am not sure what you want me to explain. If you are asking me why Seju doesn’t like Nami, I don’t know. But I am sure you think it is something related to evil plans again. I don’t understand what else Seju could have planned when the only thing she can do is to stop Nami from going to her company, and then apparently this plan failed in chapter 16 because of Sumin’s arrangement.
Sumin is capable of making her own decisions. You are overestimating Seju’s power.

Let’s just agree to disagree. No point going in circles. You already think that Seju is up to no good so I understand why one small weird move or facial expression from Seju will make you want to question her intentions and magnify them. Seju can’t even tease or smirk at Sumin or let out her frustrations anymore because it becomes rude and demeaning. Seju needs to be so careful around Sumin. Yet when Sumin hurt Seju during sex, I guess it is "serves her right".

last edited at Jul 6, 2015 2:25AM

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

Let me correct my previous statements. Seju isn't a hoe, she's a bitch. Oh I'm sorry, I'm not reading WDFS. I'm translating it. Haha. Ha.

Oh, how could I have forgotten? Right, you are the translator you know everything huh? You're the translator, not the author. Just because you translate shit (which I'm grateful for btw, thanks) doesn't make your opinion anymore right than others.

My so called "prejudice" against Seju's character goes much farther than just chapters 10 and 11. I've already listed several examples as to why I think she's so shady, and it's how I interpreted both the art and story from the authors. Saying "I maybe slightly biased towards Seju" contradicts, and invalidates your statement of "I don't base my comments on nothing". Because clearly, you have based several comments on said bias. If I hadn't clarified chapter 9 for you, you would have continued to hold a wrong perspective of that scene, which would have further clouded your judgement of Seju's character.

Apparently, you donut know the meaning of touché. thank you for shedding light on the conversation part, now I should acknowledge that Seju is positively diabolical.

We don't know much about her personality, but we have definitely been given glimpses and hints.

-Manipulative (chapters 9 and 14; Seju attempts to get Sungji interested in Sumin, Seju grins after Sumin admits Sungji is her type)

Yeah thanks for repeating this part 10 million times. I get that Seju is trying to push them together but her motives are still unclear.

-Rude/demeaning (chapters 3, 9, 10; Comments mocking or pissing off Sumin)

Sumin doesn't even look remotely pissed in that part, lol. It feels like you're trying to make it more than it really is, kinda like a desperate attempt to validate your point.

-Controlling (chapter 15; Sumin's friend isn't allowed to visit the office because of Seju's restriction)

So? Doesn't mean Sumin can't contact Namisa outside the office. They even played squash! How fun! Haha. Oh and where was the squash court located? I forgot.

Examples of your unbiased, super-objective comments:
A) "Seju supposedly "tricked" Sungji into revealing that she was the friend over at Sumin's when all she did was state something so obvious. It's more like Sungji is extremely gullible (or naïve as Seju put it) for answering Seju's inexplicit question without Seju even asking her."

You're pushing the blame away from Seju and onto Sungji. If that isn't an example of deceit, then I don't know what is.

I ain't even pushing the blame on Sungji, I'm just stating that she's gullible and that Seju didn't even directly ask her yet she answered the unasked question anyway.

B) "Why I'm rooting for Seju is because she's really devoted to Sumin. During the 10 years after the death of Sumin's parents Seju never slept with anyone else (confirmed by the author) while Sumin had relations with other women".

You naturally assume that she's devoted, just because she didn't sleep with someone else for 10 years. Here's the definition of devotion: a feeling of strong love or loyalty, or the use of time, money, energy, etc., for a particular purpose. Second definition, I might agree with. First one, not so much. I've already explained why I don't believe Seju is being a "loyal" white knight for Sumin, read my previous arguments. This is probably the most...solid (somewhat) of your arguments, because you use actual evidence from the authors.

C) "For all we know she could've been tricked into it and whatnot seeing as she's not into men, and the fact that she was under the influence and lonely as she thinks Sumin blames her"

Once again, it's not really Seju's fault, it's because the poor thing could've been tricked. Or she was too drunk. Or too lonely. She didn't mean to cheat, I swear! Stop trying to take the blame off of her again. She made a mistake, she fucked up, and that's that. It doesn't matter why she did it.

I'm not trying to defend her or even say that she's not at fault for sleeping with the friggin bartender, I'm merely saying that the circumstances when it happened are not revealed yet (except that she was intoxicated and lonely) there's a difference between willing and not willing. My point is, did Seju want to do it or was she cajoled into it. See, you're not paying attention.

You're trying to portray her as some innocent, devoted, angst-filled maiden in love, who makes mistakes sometimes, but it's not always really her fault because insert excuse here. When clearly, examples from the manhwa say otherwise. I'm not saying it's bad to like Seju; you can like her all you want. All I'm saying is don't try changing her characterization for the sake of fitting your idealized version of her.

Hahaha I like Seju! She gives off this dark, alluring aura but she's not really intimidating. And she's mysterious.

last edited at Jul 6, 2015 2:11AM

joined Apr 12, 2014

I hope black hair girl ends up with blonde hair girl cause pink hair girl cheated on black hair girl

LOLOL when you can't remember their names XD haha I was confused at first too, also since all their names start with S

hahaha ikr

KoutarouTatsumiya
joined Dec 3, 2014

Hey, I'm interested in buying coins for What Does the Fox Say online, but I don't want to buy using my Itunes/Appstore account. Is there any way that I can buy the coins using a debit card on the original website itself?

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

KoutarouTatsumiya

Hey, I'm interested in buying coins for What Does the Fox Say online, but I don't want to buy using my Itunes/Appstore account. Is there any way that I can buy the coins using a debit card on the original website itself?

The easiest method for foreigners to buy Lezhin manhwa is through the app. If you want to buy it on the original website, you need stuff like a Korean cell phone number, SSN, etc., so unless you're living in Korea, I don't think it's possible to buy it on the website. It shouldn't be too hard to link your card with your iTunes account.

dawny

Sorry, I meant to say Sumin accepts and is pleased with Seju’s efforts to get closer to her (I call them efforts, you may call them advances).
You agree that Sumin is emotionally dependent on Seju and if you also agree that Sumin is giving Seju the cold shoulder most of the time, I don’t understand why you are questioning my view.

You stated that because of Sumin's "cold attitude", Seju would never be able to control Sumin. But you also admitted that Sumin is emotionally dependent on Seju, which implies that Seju has some sort of a mental leash on Sumin (thus going back to the whole "control" idea). If you've read chapter 17, you would know this to be quite true (In the scene where Sumin was having strap-on sex with the chairman (red-head), she was reminded of the time when Seju cheated on her with a man, and she eventually vomited from remembering this fact). Thus, I said your argument was inconsistent. Yes, Sumin acts coldly towards Seju, but that does not nullify Seju's emotional hold on Sumin.

For Sumin to be going back to Seju time and again, it must mean that Seju has some kind of influence over Sumin. This influence is not manipulation. Seju has influence over Sumin, Sumin is willing to go back to Seju (Sumin’s own doing), Seju is happy to accept that. It takes two hands to clap because Sumin made the first move to return to Seju and Seju is there waiting

But what proof do you have that this isn't some kind of manipulation? Again, you state "Seju has some kind of influence over Sumin", which means you acknowledge that Seju has some sort of power over Sumin. Which then goes back the the "control" theory once more. Also, it wasn't shown who was the first to make a move. At the end of chapter 14, Sumin is confused in bed, asking Seju why on she's there. She's clearly drunk, as displayed by the severe redness in her face. Is this what you'd call "making the first move"? There's no evidence to back up the idea that Sumin voluntarily returned to Seju out of her own volition.

is this really all Seju’s plan or does Sumin bear some responsibility in creating this situation? Unless it is proven that Seju has the power to make Sumin’s lovers and friends all leave her

Obviously Sumin's emotional weaknesses play a large role in her returning to Seju every time. I'm not denying that. But who was the one that caused Sumin's mental stability to crack in the first place? It was Seju. Victim-blaming isn't going to change that fact. And yes, I was the one who suggested that Seju had something to do with making all of Sumin's past lovers leave her. But I'm not saying it's canon.

So Sumin hates it but is forced to go back to Seju to seek comfort from a person she dislikes and Seju planned all this?

Yes. We don't know if Seju planned this or not, but it's not weird at all that Sumin keeps going back to Seju again and again, despite disliking her. Seju had a very strong impact on Sumin. Refer to chapter 8 ("My first love. My first kiss. My first time. An intense memory called "my first", which could never be erased."-Sumin).

Seju dislikes Nami, but she didn’t force Sumin to break off their friendship. Seju acknowledged Nami as Sumin’s friend.

Again, what evidence do you have for this? We don't know anything about the relationship between Seju and Namisa yet. Regardless of whether Seju dislikes Namisa or not, this involves Sumin anyways because Namisa is Sumin's friend. It doesn't matter what Seju's reason was, the fact remains that Namisa is someone who's connected to Sumin, and she's not allowed into Sumin's workplace (where she probably spends most of her time).

Seju can’t even tease or smirk at Sumin or let out her frustrations anymore because it becomes rude and demeaning. Seju needs to be so careful around Sumin. Yet when Sumin hurt Seju during sex, I guess it is "serves her right".

We've seen Sumin's extreme reactions to Seju's "teasing" multiple times. Seju knows exactly how Sumin is going to react, assuming this "teasing" is something that's happened multiple times during the last 10 years. She's pushing Sumin's buttons, and she knows it. When "teasing" reaches the point where the person you're "having fun" with starts threatening you, it's not just fun and games anymore. And no one here said it was right for Sumin to hurt Seju during sex. Sumin acts like a grumpy asshole sometimes, and I understand where she's coming from, but this doesn't mean it's right for her to hurt others.

Satsuki

Just because you translate shit (which I'm grateful for btw, thanks) doesn't make your opinion anymore right than others.

I only brought up this fact because it looked like your interpretations were completely off from the original Korean dialogue. Which means that as a translator, it's possible that I've failed to convey the correct atmospheres and meanings (or you're lacking in the reading comprehension department, but I'm going to assume the best).

Apparently, you donut know the meaning of touché. thank you for shedding light on the conversation part, now I should acknowledge that Seju is positively diabolical.

Donuts are quite nice, aren't they? But I do know the meaning of touché, tyvm. It's so ironic when people criticize and doubt my English skills while making typos at the same time.

Sumin doesn't even look remotely pissed in that part, lol. It feels like you're trying to make it more than it really is, kinda like a desperate attempt to validate your point.

Ah, I see. So I'm guessing this means you're the author? And you know exactly what those images are supposed to convey? Please come up with a better rebuttal that says something more than just "Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man." lol

So? Doesn't mean Sumin can't contact Namisa outside the office. They even played squash! How fun! Haha. Oh and where was the squash court located? I forgot.

The squash court is located in the office. Namisa had to contact Sumin beforehand to get permission to go inside. Looks like you forgot the conversation at the end of chapter 15.

I'm not trying to defend her or even say that she's not at fault for sleeping with the friggin bartender, I'm merely saying that the circumstances when it happened are not revealed yet (except that she was intoxicated and lonely) there's a difference between willing and not willing. My point is, did Seju want to do it or was she cajoled into it. See, you're not paying attention.

Then for what reason did you bring up that point, if it wasn't to defend Seju's actions? The only situation where Seju would have been unwilling is if the bartender slipped drugs into her drink and/or raped her. Being drunk/being lonely or sexually frustrated doesn't mean she wasn't willing. If both parties gave mutual consent to have sex, that's "willing". Being cajoled into having sex doesn't mean she wasn't willing either. That's called "having game".

last edited at Jul 8, 2015 6:50AM

joined May 19, 2014

^I apologize halmoni. I sounded very rude. The donut was on purpose, btw.

joined May 19, 2014

dawny's argument are much sounder than mine and I agree with whatever they have to sat though.

KoutarouTatsumiya
joined Dec 3, 2014

KoutarouTatsumiya

The easiest method for foreigners to buy Lezhin manhwa is through the app. If you want to buy it on the original website, you need stuff like a Korean cell phone number, SSN, etc., so unless you're living in Korea, I don't think it's possible to buy it on the website. It shouldn't be too hard to link your card with your iTunes account.

Alright, thanks...I ended up buying coins. However, for some reason, I can't get past adult certification....I got past it when I created the account the first time, but now I can't bypass it anymore.....do you have any ideas?

KoutarouTatsumiya
joined Dec 3, 2014

Also, one more thing...I can access the comic from my iPhone, but I can't read anything because I don't speak the language. Is there a way to translate the comic from my phone so I can read it there? I'd really hate to think that all this has been a waste of time and money.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Also, one more thing...I can access the comic from my iPhone, but I can't read anything because I don't speak the language. Is there a way to translate the comic from my phone so I can read it there? I'd really hate to think that all this has been a waste of time and money.

Check out the first post on the first page of this thread. Most of the info you need should be there. To verify your age, click on the "19 off/on" switch at the very top right of the Lezhin homepage (on the PC version).

I don't know if there's a way for readers to use the overlay on mobile devices, since we haven't tried that out yet. You'll definitely be able to read in English on the PC version of the website though. We've completed 6 chapters so far, and we're currently working on checking/typesetting the rest.

joined Jun 24, 2015

I see chapter 7 is up (happy happy dance), but it seems to have stopped translating after the panel with the "she's a crossdresser" speech bubble.
Is there something I could do to fix this? Or am I just being impatient again?
There is also a small overlaying problem for a few panels during the flashback scene with Sungji's brother, where the korean text is present alongside the english text.

Sango%20by%20annie%20icon
joined Jul 3, 2015

I see chapter 7 is up (happy happy dance), but it seems to have stopped translating after the panel with the "she's a crossdresser" speech bubble.
Is there something I could do to fix this? Or am I just being impatient again?
There is also a small overlaying problem for a few panels during the flashback scene with Sungji's brother, where the korean text is present alongside the english text.

I just checked it out but since there hasn't been an announcement of the chapter being released, I'm sure those problems are in the process of being fixed. They may be in the middle to doing the overlay.

last edited at Jul 7, 2015 2:11AM

joined Jun 24, 2015

I just checked it out but since there hasn't been an announcement of the chapter being released, I'm sure those problems are in the process of being fixed. They may be in the middle to doing the overlay.

Oh, okay sweet as. Just being impatient then :P I keep an eye out for updates everyday, this has me hooked.
By chance, has Halmoni translated any other korean manwha (Am i using that correctly?) similar to this? I'm trying to find more awesome yuri, since I've pretty much read all that's available on dynasty-scans.

last edited at Jul 7, 2015 2:20AM

Sango%20by%20annie%20icon
joined Jul 3, 2015

Oh, okay sweet as. Just being impatient then :P I keep an eye out for updates everyday, this has me hooked.
By chance, has Halmoni translated any other korean manwha (Am i using that correctly?) similar to this? I'm trying to find more awesome yuri, since I've pretty much read all that's available on dynasty-scans.

Fluttering Feelings is the only one that's actively being translated right now (however, it's on hiatus until August but I'm sure 30+ chapters will keep you busy). She is also translating another one of Gaji's (same author as WDTFS) manhwas' called A Pet's Aesthetic.

If you're interested in a more fluffy, light story, I'd also recommend Their Story by Tanjiu.

last edited at Jul 7, 2015 2:27AM

KishinumaHagiyashi
joined Apr 20, 2014

Wait, if you unlocked a chapter thats in Korean, then the translated version of that chapter pops up after a few days, do you get to read that chapter without the need to unlock it considering the fact that its the same chapter? Or do you have to unclock the translated one and use another 3coins?

last edited at Jul 7, 2015 4:47AM

joined Jun 24, 2015

Fluttering Feelings is the only one that's actively being translated right now (however, it's on hiatus until August but I'm sure 30+ chapters will keep you busy). She is also translating another one of Gaji's (same author as WDTFS) manhwas' called A Pet's Aesthetic.

If you're interested in a more fluffy, light story, I'd also recommend Their Story by Tanjiu.

Yeah, I love FF and Their Story, might have to check out A Pet's Aesthetic. Is it done the same way WDTFS? on lezhin and pay-to-read with overtooning?
edit: I did a quick google, and can't see any access to it through comico or lezhin (no korean understanding at all), only found some forums on /u/ where I got a little backstory on someone named ssome and the immense hatred felt towards them. And apparently dynasty getting blocked from scanlating.
So is this another case of I need to wait patiently for Halmoni to finish translating, so I can get it legit?
Thanks for your recs.
Considering learning to read japanese/korean so I'm not so reliant on the work of generous translators.

last edited at Jul 7, 2015 5:29AM

Sensei
joined Nov 28, 2011

Wait, if you unlocked a chapter thats in Korean, then the translated version of that chapter pops up after a few days, do you get to read that chapter without the need to unlock it considering the fact that its the same chapter? Or do you have to unclock the translated one and use another 3coins?

It doesn't cost an extra 3 coins. You're using an overlay to read the Korean chapter in English. Once you have the chapter unlocked, you have it unlocked. It won't cost you extra.

KoutarouTatsumiya
joined Dec 3, 2014

Check out the first post on the first page of this thread. Most of the info you need should be there. To verify your age, click on the "19 off/on" switch at the very top right of the Lezhin homepage (on the PC version).

I don't know if there's a way for readers to use the overlay on mobile devices, since we haven't tried that out yet. You'll definitely be able to read in English on the PC version of the website though. We've completed 6 chapters so far, and we're currently working on checking/typesetting the rest.

I've seen the tutorial....but whenever I fill in whatever information or what not, even when the birthdate I give makes me older then 19, the 19+ switch still doesn't turn red like I've seen, so I can't view WDTFS at all....when I go to read the chapter, it asks for adult certification again, and when I input information, it just continues to redirect me back to the previous page but doesn't let me view the 19+ content. I really don't know what to do

Bsj04(1)
joined Jun 1, 2014

Satsuki

dawny's argument are much sounder than mine and I agree with whatever they have to sat though.

Thank you, Satsuki. But to say that you agree with whatever I have to say... you have too much confidence in me. I am honored.
And though I have no wish to discuss with others whether Seju cheated or not, I want to point out that I share your view on Seju's one night-stand. Yes, you are not the only one, I am with you. If it is true that Seju never slept with anyone else for the past 10 years, then this only makes me question even more on why the hell she intentionally cheated that night.

halmoni

Seju dislikes Nami, but she didn’t force Sumin to break off their friendship. Seju acknowledged Nami as Sumin’s friend.

Again, what evidence do you have for this? We don't know anything about the relationship between Seju and Namisa yet. Regardless of whether Seju dislikes Namisa or not, this involves Sumin anyways because Namisa is Sumin's friend.

I just realized 'Nami' should be spelled as 'Nammi'. A) Seju and Sumin's conversation in Chapter 13, where Seju said something like "Isn't Nammi your only friend?". B) Sumin knows very well that Seju prohibits Nammi from entering her company. C) Sumin is still keeping contact with Nammi. These 3 points imply what I've said.

Once again, I am going to say that Seju is not stupid. If the reason why she forbids Nammi to enter her company is to force Sumin to leave Nammi, then Seju must be stupid. Sumin knows about this prohibition. To think that Sumin will listen to her command like a kid or to not expect Nammi to tell Sumin about her evil plans, this makes Seju look even more stupid. So the only reason I can think of as to why Seju did that is because Seju doesn't have a good impression of Nammi. I don't know how Seju can force Sumin to stop seeing Nammi.

"Isn't Nammi your only friend?" is an acknowledgment. If you don't think this is true, then let's see things another way. Assuming that Seju did do something to sabotage their friendship, she failed, so no matter what, the truth is Seju has no choice but to acknowledge their friendship. If you don't agree with me, it is fine.

It doesn't matter what Seju's reason was, the fact remains that Namisa is someone who's connected to Sumin, and she's not allowed into Sumin's workplace (where she probably spends most of her time).

Sumin's workplace is a place where Sumin works. Not a place where Sumin talks to Nammi. Of course, if Sumin wants, she can.

We've seen Sumin's extreme reactions to Seju's "teasing" multiple times. Seju knows exactly how Sumin is going to react, assuming this "teasing" is something that's happened multiple times during the last 10 years. She's pushing Sumin's buttons, and she knows it. When "teasing" reaches the point where the person you're "having fun" with starts threatening you, it's not just fun and games anymore.

Seju is probably trying to liven up their too-serious conversations. If Seju just let things be serious all the time, their relationship would probably stay stagnant. This is my guess. Anyway, Seju didn't go overboard. She stopped as soon as Sumin showed displeasure.

As for your other questions, my response would again be a repetition of my previous statements. Only perhaps I have to elaborate, but then I don't think it is necessary. As I have said, we are free to hold our own beliefs. I don't want to preach.

And no one here said it was right for Sumin to hurt Seju during sex. Sumin acts like a grumpy asshole sometimes, and I understand where she's coming from, but this doesn't mean it's right for her to hurt others.

Seeing that you are so ready to call Seju hoe and a bitch, I thought your response would be 'Seju probably enjoyed it'. Good to know that your prejudice against her isn't as serious as I thought.

last edited at Jul 7, 2015 12:55PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.