Forum › What are we?

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Fudonshi

Fudanshi.

My bad, so there really is one for male yaoi fun.

are male yaoi fans I believe, however, I don't think there's a word for yuri fans. I remember a user here saying that they took a trip to Japan and they saw the manga shop: full of yaoi, but only a small section for yuri. I guess we're just over looked, which I find is really weird. Usually, lesbians are glorified or sexualizedwhile, sadly, gay men are looked down upon.

I think it it more the fact that girls find 2 hot guys having sex with each other even hotter. From what I know, girls where first to ship every single possible character into couple, so that is why yaoi is more popular. Yuri just doesn't have similar fan base. It's even similar in my own country. Girls are majority of yaoi fans and while there is demand for yuri, it's much smaller.

But it's kinda awesome being apart of such a small group.

I agree. I'm yuri fan for like 7 years and most other people are just anime/manga fans or yaoi fans. I rarely meet other yuri fans which make me feel unique and I never complained about it.

last edited at Jun 28, 2015 7:49AM

Ejej
joined Aug 24, 2014

Fudonshi

Fudanshi

Aha, I was mixing up fudanshi with the Japanese loincloth, sorry!

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Fudonshi

Fudanshi

Aha, I was mixing up fudanshi with the Japanese loincloth, sorry!

Np. Simple mistake.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I like to think of myself as a connoisseur

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

Well even though I mainly read yuri nowadays and not nearly as much BL anymore I still consider myself a Fujoshi. Mainly because the main aspect of looking at two people and then ship them in your head is still the same...I don't think it needs a special name

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Well, since no one knows if yuri fans have a proper "name", we have only one choice, ask yuri mangakas what they think we should be called and choose one of the names they say, if we try to make one it'll end up bad like shoujo ai/shounen ai, but if we ask a yuri mangaka to name us in her twitter, other japaneses we'll see that name in her twitter and they'll spread it, ask to more than one mangaka of course and see what name japaneses adopt, or we stay the nameless masses that read yuri for it's beauty, unlike Fujoshis who just want to see two hot guys kissing and fucking, those girls are rotten.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Well, since no one knows if yuri fans have a proper "name", we have only one choice, ask yuri mangakas what they think we should be called and choose one of the names they say, if we try to make one it'll end up bad like shoujo ai/shounen ai, but if we ask a yuri mangaka to name us in her twitter, other japaneses we'll see that name in her twitter and they'll spread it, ask to more than one mangaka of course and see what name japaneses adopt, or we stay the nameless masses that read yuri for it's beauty, unlike Fujoshis who just want to see two hot guys kissing and fucking, those girls are rotten.

If they're rotten, I believe our name should include enlightened to some extent.

To ensure that in title we are just as much above that Yaoi loving rabble as in truth.

I'd have said pure, but that's for the genre itself.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Let's not make this a thing, okay?

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

What a thing?

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Let's not make this a thing, okay?

Too late, no stops for the rape train! Wait, wrong catchphrase, well I asked because I was curious, I already knew yuri was the unfavorite lesbian daughter of japanese fiction, but to not even have a name for us like yaoi fans have, makes me feel so unwanted, like we should not even exist...

last edited at Jun 28, 2015 2:58PM

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

If they're rotten, I believe our name should include enlightened to some extent.

To ensure that in title we are just as much above that Yaoi loving rabble as in truth.

I'd have said pure, but that's for the genre itself.

Yaoi is a fantasy. Yuri is an ideal. It's not one above the other you enjoy them on different levels -3-

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Yaoi is a fantasy. Yuri is an ideal. It's not one above the other you enjoy them on different levels -3-

Here, here! Don't let my snobbish attitude belie my general appreciation of both genres (even if bias allows for a claer superior amoungst them).

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

but to not even have a name for us like yaoi fans have, makes me feel so unwanted, like we should not even exist...

Just the opposite my brother, we get to maintian our individuality! To yuri we're not just an statistic, but yuri in itself!

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

but to not even have a name for us like yaoi fans have, makes me feel so unwanted, like we should not even exist...

Just the opposite my brother, we get to maintian our individuality! To yuri we're not just an statistic, but yuri in itself!

If we are yuri itself so does that mean we are Legion? I think we need to build concensus on this.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

We are not Legion.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

We are not Legion.

We are MegaUltra Legion?

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

We are not Legion.

We are MegaUltra Legion?

We are the lesbian Reapers? Does that mean Madoka is the Catalyst? Wait, Reapers are bad, forget it...

last edited at Jun 28, 2015 3:31PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, since no one knows if yuri fans have a proper "name", we have only one choice

Not bother with a "proper" name and simply be yuri fans? Because I'm totally on board with that.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

We are not Legion.

I am large
I contain multitudes

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

We are not Legion.

I am large
I contain multitudes

We are each a nation - independent, free of all weakness. You cannot grasp the nature of our existence. We have no beginning. We have no end. We are infinite. We are legion.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

We have no beginning.

I have a very clear beginning
It was a cold and snowy day
My daddy and mommy was drinking a lot during carnival
The rest is history

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

We have no beginning.

I have a very clear beginning
It was a cold and snowy day
My daddy and mommy was drinking a lot during carnival
The rest is history

Well you got me, don't know how to reply to that, I tried.

ChocolateCakeLover and Nya-chan, avenge me.

last edited at Jun 28, 2015 4:35PM

Pic1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Apparently, there is "sorta" a kind of name for us, in Japan at least.

"We call them yuri zuki (means yuri fan)."

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110415071055AAvxyV6

To reply you must either login or sign up.