Forum › What new Yuri manga are you going to be releasing soon?:D (SevenSeas)

Ejej
joined Aug 24, 2014

YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS AKUMA TRANSLATED

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Meaning scanlations of Akuma will die?

last edited at Jun 26, 2015 5:01AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Looks like we'll be losing Centaur's Worries as well.

Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Good thing we still have Citrus.

warning: sarcasm

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Not too sure about Centaur. They have 6 volumes out at 7seas and it is still being scanlated no?

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Akuma seens to be almost finished, don't think it'll be dropped, but Centaur is possible...

You don't like Shitrus Kyra?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Personally, I like Citrus.

It's what I always say to the kids : don't say something is "shit", just say that you don't like it. YMMV.

last edited at Jun 27, 2015 3:53AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Personally, I like Citrus.

It's what I always say to the kids : don't say something is "shit", just say that you don't like it. YMMV.

It's true that people have different opinions and you can't tell them which one is right or wrong, but isn't saying thing such as "citrus is shit" just a opinion? Going out of your way to say "in my opinion" every time is kinda redundant.

I liked Citrus at first. The art was great and story had potential. Sadly after crossing first hurdle, the story went into direction I hate. Pointless, forced drama. What is worst, instead of just focusing on 1 problem longer, author just change "drama of the weak" every 3-4 chapters. Not to mention how cliches those drama are. You can basically make a check list:
Misunderstanding. Check
Love triangle. Check
(try at) NTR. Check
Forced to break up. Check

The pacing is terrible. Author has really poor writing skills. Without relaying on angst, he(?) have no idea how move things forward. Sorry, but it just wasn't worth my time. I can understand how someone can like it, but I want my drama to have a real purpose.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Expressing an opinion by saying something is "shit" just begs for antagonism from people who actually think it's not. It's kind of a provocation.

I like the way Yuzu puts all her efforts into getting her genuine feelings accross despite the hurdles in her path. I like the way Mei is slowly opening up because Yuzu keeps trying to break the walls she put around herself. Each drama brings them closer and that's how the relationship goes forward. It may be too slow for some people, but the pace isn't that bad. And the (possible) side couples are also interesting.

So yeah, I enjoy Citrus, even if I wouldn't call it the yuri manga of the century.

And if I was the only one, I don't think 7seas would pick it up.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I say Shitrus joking, like I would call a friend "piece of shit" or "bastard", now if someone don't like that some people talk bad about something they like and get butthurt, that's their problem, saying that it's a provocation is just and excuse against opinions they don't like, even if all they say it's shit, everyone have the right to give their opinion as long they don't attack others, I like Citrus, sure it have problems, but now maybe we'll have some progress?

What I don't like is how some people talk about Mei, because she's basically defective, the way she's super cold it means her mother died when she was young and her father raised her, her father and grandfather are super serious and only think about the school and responsabilities, then her father goes away, abandoning her and becomes a completelty different person, her grandfather probably don't even really love her and sees her as nothing but a successor, or a tool, since the only reason to marry her with that teacher was because of the school, everyone sees her as an object of desire and lust, even her "friend" forced herself on Mei, how many other maybe tried that and don't sees her a real person, she grew up without any kind of love and affection, learning that only responsabilities and obligations matter, is it any surprise that she's so fucked up and make those stupid choices? Is it really a surprise that Yuzu has taken so long to show Mei that she really love her and don't want to use her as everyone else? It would be unrealistic if Mei was not like that, no one would grow as "normal" person like that, if the story was more realistic Yuzu love would not be enough to fix all her problems and after they finish school and are free to do whatever they want she would get some therapy for Mei, but of course this is manga and power of love cures anything, even cancer, so at the end Mei will be better.

last edited at Jun 27, 2015 12:01PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I demand 20 more volumes of Citrus about Mei's psychotherapy.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Half this thread I didn't know who Nya was, God damn face change.

For a second, I thought T's way of talking to his friends was extreme, then I thought about what I say, and it's actually quite tame.

Anyway, I think Mei's character has been unduly criticised sometimes. Citrus as a whole is heavy handed, but then so was The Great Gatsby.

Hang on.

I just compared Citrus to The Great Gatsby.

What is wrong with me?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Sorry for changing my avatar.

I should change my FB pic too... so none would recognize me.

I'm so sly.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Sorry for changing my avatar.

You should be sorry. Genghis would blush at such barbarity.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Changed it again. Looks more like the real me actually.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I want you to know I kicked a kitten for this.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Then you are pretty cute ;3

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

FB is VirtualMelody. If adding me, just say who you are or I can't accept.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Anyone else wonder why Nya gave Facebook details and assume they missed a Thiaguinho comment?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Wat?

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I was being cheeky, because the FB thing seemed kind of random, and I've come to associate stuff like that with Thiaguinho asking for it.

Don't be mean to my sense of humour, I grew up supporting Liverpool, if you don't have scouse genetics it kills you inside.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Just thought that there are some pics of the real me on FB so they can be compared to the avatar. See earlier message. So it's not as random as it appears. Mostly, it's because I have short hair. I don't have the eyes of Yuu xD

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Fair enough, my feeble mind couldn't make the connection and I apologise.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Hey Nya-chan, your facebook please, and I'm offended you changed the avatar from Yurika I edited for you. ( - 3 - )

last edited at Jun 28, 2015 1:34PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.