Forum › Hibike! Euphonium *Spoilers* Discussion

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Ahahahahahhaha. To be fair to kyoani, in the novel there's a lot of sexual tension between kumiko and reina, and so far they're doing a really really good job bringing that to anime. So as far as adapting a novel goes, kyoani is pretty great.
I'll still swallow whatever bait kyoani throw then be drown in my own tears afterwards.

u_u

On a brighter note, Mikagura Gakuen etc got very interesting and Eruna-chan is still gay as ever.

Yeah. If you all are desperately in the mood for someone who's hella lesbian with someone else then go to Mikagura.

Or I highly recommend Re-Kan!. Amazing story, fun and lighthearted half the time, and heartwarmingly tearful the other half. And the MC and this other girl are totally in love and everyone knows it.

Hey Eruna-chan is super cool!

Also Inoue and Amami from Re-kan! :3 they are so freaking cute,and next ep. is very promising. Can't keep myself from squealing a bit.

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

D...Did anyone see episode 11... DID ANYONE SEE EPISODE 11!!!! squeal!!
I... I can't... I... someone please hold me!!!

last edited at Jun 16, 2015 2:59PM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

It's been some time, do you think Ushio is just in a heap somewhere because no one held them?

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

^I watched it as well. I thought it was amazing. XD

joined Jan 30, 2013

We have gone over this a million times and today is no different ...but... But that episode. That was a confession THAT was a CONFESSION. So close ... So close they were so close to kissing!!! Fucking!! Teasing !!! Took it away!!! And I just that confession. sits in amazement
There is no doubt, I don't care what or how the novel ends or ended (depends because there are still people saying that it hasn't ended) or what the fuck they have plan but one thing is for sure KUMIKO AND REINA ARE 100% INTO EACHOTHER. Not just as friends no no no they are fucking romantically and sexually attracted to each other!!! Don't care what anyone says!!!
Where the fack is that white flag song?! I need to put it now!!!

last edited at Jun 16, 2015 3:26PM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Your excitement amuses me because I know that you will be crushed next episode. There is a part of me that wants to believe this show will last forever and be just an endless see-sawing of hope and crushing hope.

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

Omg ...x 1,000,000,000 amazing! Perfect episode. Anyone catch the ending song? They have the red string of fate going from Kumiko to Reina!!! That confession... it's canon to me. I could just scream.

joined Jan 30, 2013

Choco,
ill go down with it I don't care anymore, I'm hopeless, that's one of my characteristics. I believe in things that may or may not happen and though I may be crushed by it I don't mind it. But I have enjoyed the ship A LOT, their straight forwardness towards eacother their actions their chemistry and even character; they are all refreshing and so god damn satisfying even if they don't kiss or do anything romanticly. There doesn't need to be kissing or any sexual things because their love is natural so real and different from anything I've read and watched (and I read and watch a lot of Yuri). Your right I may be contradicting myself, yes. And I will agree with you, I will be crushed. Because this is the type of yuri I want to see in actual yuri mangas and anime (yes I said it). And though this anime isn't one and I know it's all just bait. It makes me angry that we can't see such amazing relationships like that in Yuri anime and yes I will even go and say manga as well. Not a lot of mangas show this type of relationship, this type of natural attraction between two characters which is why I can't help myself but to fall In love with these two. I can't and I am a fool for that. BUT even if things get destroyed in the later episodes (yes I will be crushed) but god damn it, I enjoyed what ever time I saw them together. My wish is to see a manga or an anime with this type of amazing and natural character relationship to later blossoms into a relationship. This would be my wish.

last edited at Jun 16, 2015 3:58PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Maaaan, you guys don't learn do you? When the het ending happens, you all will be in despair and cursing kyoani, while I'll be laughing a lot.

last edited at Jun 16, 2015 3:54PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

Maaaan, you guys don't learn do you? When the het ending happens, you all will be in despair and cursing kyoani, while I'll be laughing a lot.

Or the patented, no romance end. Remember folks, even if people have feelings that doesn't mean a concrete relationship will happen. It's anime after all lelelelelel.

Also what's that qt grill with the hot hair from in your new avatar? The art seems vaguely familiar.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Or the patented, no romance end. Remember folks, even if people have feelings that doesn't mean a concrete relationship will happen. It's anime after all lelelelelel.

I bet on het ending.

Also what's that qt grill with the hot hair from in your new avatar? The art seems vaguely familiar.

It's from a one shot Ratana is making, you can find it in Three Musqueerteers tumblr, and what is qt grill?

last edited at Jun 16, 2015 4:26PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

I bet on het ending.

It's from a one shot Ratana is making, you can find it in Three Musqueerteers tumblr, and what is qt grill?

It means Cutie girl but y'know I got to memespeak it.

I can't nagivate tumblr for shit so I'm just gonna not bother.

last edited at Jun 16, 2015 4:31PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

It means Cutie girl but y'know I got to memespeak it.

I can't nagivate tumblr for shit so I'm just gonna not bother.

Here the one shot tag, there's few posts in it, so it's easy to find the original image, just keep going down.

last edited at Jun 16, 2015 4:41PM

KatzeDerNacht
joined Apr 27, 2014

Choco,
ill go down with it I don't care anymore, I'm hopeless, that's one of my characteristics. I believe in things that may or may not happen and though I may be crushed by it I don't mind it. But I have enjoyed the ship A LOT, their straight forwardness towards eacother their actions their chemistry and even character; they are all refreshing and so god damn satisfying even if they don't kiss or do anything romanticly. There doesn't need to be kissing or any sexual things because their love is natural so real and different from anything I've read and watched (and I read and watch a lot of Yuri). Your right I may be contradicting myself, yes. And I will agree with you, I will be crushed. Because this is the type of yuri I want to see in actual yuri mangas and anime (yes I said it). And though this anime isn't one and I know it's all just bait. It makes me angry that we can't see such amazing relationships like that in Yuri anime and yes I will even go and say manga as well. Not a lot of mangas show this type of relationship, this type of natural attraction between two characters which is why I can't help myself but to fall In love with these two. I can't and I am a fool for that. BUT even if things get destroyed in the later episodes (yes I will be crushed) but god damn it, I enjoyed what ever time I saw them together. My wish is to see a manga or an anime with this type of amazing and natural character relationship to later blossoms into a relationship. This would be my wish.

Thank you,now I HAVE to see it myself,even if only to comeback squealing or telling you how much nonsense you make....aghhh

KatzeDerNacht
joined Apr 27, 2014

D...Did anyone see episode 11... DID ANYONE SEE EPISODE 11!!!! squeal!!
I... I can't... I... someone please hold me!!!

... Ok even if I am aware it's all a trap... my heart skipped a beat
OMFG X 10000

:O
:o
<3
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
good lord!!!!

why!!??
Yeees!!
nooo why KyoAni?!
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

last edited at Jun 16, 2015 5:26PM

joined Jan 30, 2013

^aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
(;.;) now you understand. hugs you

1004423_215737701908251_258016894_n
joined Apr 26, 2015

Ushio

You sure surprised me. Seeing everything I wanted to say already written under your name, I felt my soul had sneaked behind me and whispered everything I had in my heart down to this form before I even open the page !!
I was at one point trying to get a grasp of what the future holds for those two through the novel, but I was hit by a lot of disappointments and words of warning not to have hopes high and all. But, just when I watched again the EPIC scene of them at that mountain hiking, I felt with a conclusion.....you know what,,,, I don't care what is happening in the novel or whatever, what I see here is magical, what I see here is true love in its most pure, beautiful, exciting and warmest form.
Then comes today, and MY GOD that moment in episode 11...was just beautiful...the love between those two was as bright as the summer sun light that sparkled around them. Ah this raising hands of Reina, the gentle whispers of Kumiko, her TO DIE FOR confession, and most of all, the reaction of reina, all surprised with Kumiko's feelings, that made her eye closed with happiness (just like she always do when overwhelmed by her love to Kumiko.

I haven't felt happier watching such beautiful love since the days of Oniisama E.
So forget the novel...I am happy with what I see and I still expect more amazing moments like that. Even if the overall anime ended suddenly with no conclusion between those two (which is what I expect) but still, it will remain an anime that we will always go back to its special moments to watch over and over with the same passion.

KatzeDerNacht
joined Apr 27, 2014

^aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
(;.;) now you understand. hugs you

You had every right to feel the way you did, man that was so..soo..soo much more than many famous "couples" like Madoka and Homura, NanoFate, have ever had,and they will never have such an intense moment ( they have their own stuff ok )

BUT COME ON THIS WAS SO GOOD,if it ends het it's just gonna be the weirdest thing ever to exist!!! I just boarded that ship and got myself a chair to sit by the desk pool!!!!!

-hugs you back-

So beautiful

Gnaaaaaaa

1004423_215737701908251_258016894_n
joined Apr 26, 2015

On a side note...talking about the sounds.
I really love Reina and Kumiko voices. Reina has this mature voice that really feels every word go deep through your heart.
While Kimiko's voice, as it is childish when speaking with all other characters, it really change when talking with Reina and sometimes has this gentle jingle like sound , I don't know how to describe it, like the sound of someone speaking when emotions overwhelm them and the voice shaken as if they are about to cry (listen to the moment when she says "Reina is different from everyone else" while recalling a flash back of Reina in a white dress. By the way, I loved the music part that came with this flashback, also the one escalating with Reina closing her eyes with happiness from hearing the words of love from Kumiko (the music in that moment felt like a piece from studio gibli OST). This is not the first one I am captured by the sounds in this anime, the same joy was also there when listening to the OST from the episode of the mountain hiking.

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

Let me just get away from this ReinaxKumiko madness for a little bit and say that both Kaori and Haruka were amazing this episode.

joined Jan 30, 2013

Lara 77,
agree, sounds and even animation as well they are all beautiful. But what I think what I love the most is how well each character is and how unique they feel. They step away from the same old recycle anime characters that we see (the typical serious type with nothing more to them but that to support their characters or the too over childish or too over sweet characters...an so on.). Reina for example, I guess you would call her the "typical serious character" but she is more than that, like each time we see her with Kumiko she shows us a side of her that is different unique, sides that make her feel real and relatable. Like how she complained and pouted to Kumiko how much she hated "ribbon girl" the way that scene was presented was just amazing. I take in things like that because it brings characters to life. Same thing with Kumiko she shows that she is more than just the "typical good girl with nothing more to her than the typical good girl role". She shows that she is a complicated and serious character and hey she even cowards too, at times; but that's ok because honestly Reina loves that part of Kumiko. Actually Reina though she says "you really do have a horrible personality" we all know what she really means. Then we have Asuka another complicated character... this show is just full of just realy well developed characters.

last edited at Jun 16, 2015 6:43PM

joined Jan 30, 2013

Let me just get away from this ReinaxKumiko madness for a little bit and say that both Kaori and Haruka were amazing this episode.

Agree, they were yurilicious too!!

9f884eb4-9edd-4d0a-a5a6-a97e2125366d
joined May 7, 2014

I.... welp, this is one of the most intense things ever. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO THINK ANYMORE

21bd50a9-fb4d-47b7-a52f-4864e2af91fc
joined May 8, 2015

Oh wow. Now I don't care if any male species in the story be kumiko or reina's romantic associate as long as in each episode they (kumiko and reina) continue to caress each other cheeks and bantering with their faces just inches from each others.

They have the red string of fate going from Kumiko to Reina!!! That confession... it's canon to me. I could just scream.

SPOILER Ahead!!! Ok not exactly a spoiler because this what I read from another forum. That red string thing is from the third novel (or side story?). I don't know the detail but apparently at some points the band member will be paired to each other and the pair will be tied by red string . Natsuki is paired with ribbon girl as shown in this doujin so perhaps reina is with kumiko

Also from another forum, reina is kinda awesome because she still do that sexually charged interaction with kumiko even when she officially going out with that potato of childhood friend (i dont remember his name).

last edited at Jun 16, 2015 11:30PM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

That scene! Oh my.. I can rewatch those few minutes of Kumiko's confession for thousand of times. The interactions between the two characters are just so raw and so real. I dont wanna think about the het ending. *tears

To reply you must either login or sign up.