ForumNews Made it, shitlords

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Shinigami Alice 7
Read Online | Direct Download
Warning for those with slow connections: 2400 px height, 53.3 MB

Edit: Seems Fly by Yuri released today too, have a gander at more...
Her World 04
Read Online | Direct Download
...if you wish.

Took a number of personal shortcuts to squeezing this one out before the self-imposed deadline (EST!).
Mich decided to ignore his own non-promises.
Keep in mind that if you somehow haven't noticed, there is a "resize button" in the upper-right corner when you're reading a chapter. By default, it's set to auto-resize (arrows pointing in) if it's too large (scaling algorithm determined by browser), but if you have it set so that the arrows are pointing out then the pages will always be shown full size.

Since I'm not releasing as often, I don't actually get to say this as much anymore which is a bit depressing.
Nevertheless, fuck off mangafox with your shitty fucking shit.
Everyone who keeps posting mangafox links on this forum can also go suck a lemon.
Don't think I like batoto either; they're only slightly more tolerable compared with mangafucks due to their non-resized presentation, but still built around the idea of being ass.

With that out of the way, there's one chapter and a short (shown in sayuri hime a while ago) left.
As well as a murderous, guttered double pager that I'm going to attempt to complete when I get to it (or just poke Kalevala for a rescan).
Speaking of whom, I still need to pay the guy.

last edited at Jun 30, 2013 6:59PM

Troid Uploader
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

fuck off mangafox with your shitty fucking shit

Hear, hear.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Everyone who keeps posting mangafox links on this forum can also go suck a lemon.

A couple people strung up on meat hooks in the forum, publicly banned, would deter this better.

joined Oct 11, 2010

Thank you for this! and yeah on M-fox. This reminds me... I need to deleted my Hourou Musuko rss feed from them.. I keep forgetting...

joined May 31, 2013

A couple people strung up on meat hooks in the forum, publicly banned, would deter this better.

Its generally a bad idea to ban a bunch of people when a forum barely has any daily posters as is.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

pg 142
"and being in love her, are my world" I think is being in love with her, right?

TsundereChan
Images
joined Apr 4, 2012

for once you r are right about batoto being ass. not that this site is so much better.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

for once you r are right about batoto being ass. not that this site is so much better.

Things that Dynasty does not have over batoto:
Monetary return.

last edited at Jul 1, 2013 11:12AM

joined Jan 19, 2012

Thank you & Fly by Yuri for the chapters, as well.

Hmm, is there another manga aggregator out there? I use manga updates to see notices, but it seems like it's basically batoto or mangafox & it's ilk. Most scanners' website readers are limited in scope & that prevents reading lots of smaller groups' releases. Especially those that don't bother with websites.

I'm not nearly well-versed in the various issues to comment beyond that & I'm sure anything I'd say has already been discussed amongst everyone already.

joined Nov 11, 2010

Manga aggregation is pretty much by nature a morally grey area, by extension of manga scanlation itself. You take illegally replicated materials, and distribute them on the net for free. The only reason scanlation gets by legally is because the content publishers have neither the resources to consistently pursue and prosecute scanlators, nor often to distribute the material themselves (in the first place). That's why, from a fan/moral perspective, scanlation is about making it possible to enjoy/appreciate a series/part of a medium which would otherwise not at all be available.

The problem with aggregators is that it's pretty much impossible to think of hosting an undifferentiated mass of manga scanlations without some sort of income stream. However, the fact that it is possible to host an aggregator site based on just ad revenues (since with scanlated manga you pretty much don't need to deal with stuff like translation, licensing fees) means that it will be mostly profit-minded parties which do it. Once you step past the line of merely distributing translated unlicensed materials which the original publishers are unable to provide in your language, to outright profiting from the illegal distribution of those materials, what you do no longer has anything to do with "fandom" but is simply (intellectual property) theft.

In an ideal world scanlation would be uniformly small, fan-driven, and non-profit in support of smaller/lesser-known properties, while larger properties which could conceivably manage to sustain an income stream would be distributed by legal internet distribution services. However, that isn't the case right now, which is why scanlation aggregators (and also a number of unscrupulous scanlators influenced/supported by them) exist. To the extent that aggregators provide a convenient (if frequently low-quality) method for maintaining exposure to a lot of manga material, there isn't much of an alternative. However, what fans can do is do their best to support legal distribution of manga (etc.) wherever possible. In regards to scanlation, correspondingly, that also means doing one's best not to support a culture of illegally profiting from other people's work.

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Mangaupdates is hardly evil compared with mangafox and batoto, since they host nothing and only link back to the scanlators. Of course that's also it's biggest negative for many as it's a tab opening spree if you read a lot of series from various groups, which is why people still go to the grab everything (without permission) online readers since it's the most convenient.
Still doesn't mean I don't get to hate on the sites and the people though, hate all the things.

joined Jan 19, 2012

Oops, I described Mangaupdates poorly. I meant what you said, MrEngenious, & was only referring to the aggregators when moving to the reading part. Yeah, convenience can be an issue when met with downloading it off IRC, encountering link hosting, wonky linking, scanlator websites with multiple hoops to jump through, & other time sinks. I admit it's often due to time & not wanting to deal with downloading, as I go through everyday's updates....

I do recall seeing many of those points before, Sol Falling, but don't think about it much. The hubris of a reader, probably....

To reply you must either login or sign up.