Forum › Posts by yo_l2

yo_l2
HELLLOOOO WORLD 22 Aug 05:33
joined Jan 19, 2012

Will echo people's comments that it's great to see these signs of life!

Thanks!

yo_l2
An end... 03 Jan 20:11
joined Jan 19, 2012

Who's awesome? Dynasty (& your helpers) are!

What a way to start off the year~ Thank you all a bunch!

yo_l2
Productivity! 02 Jan 09:45
joined Jan 19, 2012

I can get behind this. Yay for bursts of productivity!

These past couple of days were glorious~ Thanks a bundle!

yo_l2
joined Jan 19, 2012

You (& the rest of the staff) are alive & kicking, there's nothing more I could ask for~
Oh, er, other than the site persisting? Almost nothing?

Happy New Year!

yo_l2
Made it, shitlords 01 Jul 18:04
joined Jan 19, 2012

Oops, I described Mangaupdates poorly. I meant what you said, MrEngenious, & was only referring to the aggregators when moving to the reading part. Yeah, convenience can be an issue when met with downloading it off IRC, encountering link hosting, wonky linking, scanlator websites with multiple hoops to jump through, & other time sinks. I admit it's often due to time & not wanting to deal with downloading, as I go through everyday's updates....

I do recall seeing many of those points before, Sol Falling, but don't think about it much. The hubris of a reader, probably....

yo_l2
Made it, shitlords 01 Jul 12:08
joined Jan 19, 2012

Thank you & Fly by Yuri for the chapters, as well.

Hmm, is there another manga aggregator out there? I use manga updates to see notices, but it seems like it's basically batoto or mangafox & it's ilk. Most scanners' website readers are limited in scope & that prevents reading lots of smaller groups' releases. Especially those that don't bother with websites.

I'm not nearly well-versed in the various issues to comment beyond that & I'm sure anything I'd say has already been discussed amongst everyone already.

yo_l2
Jin 10 Jun 06:48
joined Jan 19, 2012

Four at once? Thank you!

Hmm, seems like 'Dinasty' is intentional then!

joined Jan 19, 2012

I was wondering what was going on!

Thanks for the love~

joined Jan 19, 2012

I agree it looks clean & tidy. Given the massive amount of series' & tags, I am liking how the navigation appears to be handled. The main functional aspects appear to be retained, so I like that as well. However, this is one of those cases where I'll need to use it for a while before I can say more.... I'm not much of a website designer & infrequently use many of the items your are heavily overhauling.

Thanks for the update.

joined Jan 19, 2012

For SUGGESTIONS:

• Agreed with the tagging issues.
  • Would like to keep the current method of browsing the, Directory, Series, Authors, Volumes, & Group as opposed to the drop-down method. I found that on a 1280x1024 screen, the drop-down would often vanish on me when going to the second level.
  • Definitely would enjoy seeing scanlation groups seeing the reader as a tool worth spending time on
  • Not sure on the booru... Although it would help boost the community; on the other hand, than I'd imagine people might end up just copy-pasting images from the existing boorus. I guess my opinion is dependent on further information about its' goals & purpose.

For DEBATE:

• I prefer the current suggestion over the alternate suggestion. I'm not a fan of those types of voting systems. Especially since actual suggestions can be required to have reasoning behind it as opposed to just numbers. I think reasons would provide better discourse than statistics. The third suggestion seems to be too reliant on people being at the top of their browsing. Of course I could be over thinking this, since I suppose most tags won't require thorough analysis & evaluation.
  • I think the 'Reader's Choice' idea would be nice to help keep the community involved. Nothing ostentatious, but something that helps give newcomers a good overview of the better examples within the reader & regulars something to dive-in when they have an urge or to compare them to their preferences. Perhaps the first couple could be bimonthly to judge the interest & variety with the timing being adjusted from there.
  • I believe the 'Reader's Choice' idea is more useful than a rating system. I don't think the community has much to gain with popularity contests. The best use I can think for it is to judge how a long-running series may or may not vary in quality or other issues.
  • The favorities system pairing could be a good method to help spread out 'Reader's Choice' issues & show others what good stories that were in the running.
  • The links to release posts should be a good way of increasing connections between the reader & scanlation groups.
  • I haven't used the search as of yet, so I can't really say, but I definitely appreciate the drop-down list when I search out of Google. Searching is definitely a complex issue, since companies have built themselves off of their algorithms....
  • newegg's guided/advanced/power searching method could be a style worth emulating. Well, advanced is probably too time-consuming, but power seems like a step-forward of combining tags & blacklisting tags by having everything be there & the power being left up to the user.

For omnscient0's post:

• I think commenting might be a bit too far. Unless there's an active enough community, it'll just be depressingly empty or with only a couple comments. Especially for the majority of one-shots & doujinshi.
  • Yeah, e-mails is a can of worms. If it's not too complicated, perhaps a application instead? RSS is probably the most efficient way for those with an active interest.
  • Fourth-ed after cyhtny with not being a fan of the social media stuff.
  • I like the blacklist/white list tags idea.

Thank you to all the staff for keep this site alive! And on working to make it even better!

yo_l2
Stuff happened 10 Jan 17:08
joined Jan 19, 2012

Since I was busy the past week it wasn't too much of a deal, though it was heartbreaking to know the site was down. Not the best surprise for the new year, but at least this means the reader can be adjusted now!

yo_l2
Tsubomi is ending 17 Dec 17:46
joined Jan 19, 2012

I hope it's a transitionary point that turns out for the better. Definitely agree about it being a unfortunately event.

You all & this site should stay alive forever & ever so I can read more of what I love, even if just aggregation. \o/

yo_l2
Sorting out the mess 19 Jan 16:15
joined Jan 19, 2012

Who's awesome? You're awesome!
Er, you as in everyone who helped out. I'm really happy to see some embers are still glowing, though I would've been fine as long as one vanished off the face of the planet....

Thanks!