Forum › A Lollipop or a Bullet discussion

1004423_215737701908251_258016894_n
joined Apr 26, 2015

Hi,
Thought of opening a discussion form for "A Lollipop or a Bullet" manga
I am a big fan of this amazing tragedy work. Hope there is more people sharing the same interest.

kyaa

last edited at May 2, 2015 7:36AM

1004423_215737701908251_258016894_n
joined Apr 26, 2015

The song of Akino arai titled Ningen no Kodomo (A human child) always feels like a poem that has been written especially for this manga or the story between those two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISjE9rLbCZw

Lyrics :
Hey, don't raise your voice
I've come to help you.
Nobody else here in the class
Can see me.

You fear the road home.
Because you'll get beat up again.
So, you'll take another road,
A road only you,
And no one else will take.

In the end,
You take them on all by yourself.
Despite what they might say,
You will NEVER talk back.

You're still so small
But when you grow up,
You will love me
In a way that no one else
Will ever be able to imitate.

You are a child who can laugh,
You are a child who can cry,
You are a human child.

Lit by the stretching rays of sunlight,
You who noticed me
In the corner of the classroom,
Saw the truth,
With eyes more beautiful than anyone else.

You are a human child.

A child like any other,
The child who is different from any other.

You are a human child.

last edited at May 2, 2015 7:44AM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

So it's tragedy, am i gonna cry in the end :( ?

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Have that on my Plan to Read for I while now but I'm always putting of reading it cause the ending sounds too fucked up.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Yes

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Have that on my Plan to Read for I while now but I'm always putting of reading it cause the ending sounds too fucked up.

Wh...wha...what is the ending??

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Yes

But it worths it, if i assume correctly? I will pluck up courage and finish it :) i cry easily but i appreciate works that move me emotionally.

last edited at May 2, 2015 8:47AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Wh...wha...what is the ending??

If I remember correctly, father of one of the protagonists slaughtering said protagonist.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Holy shit.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

OriginalGengar

If I remember correctly, father of one of the protagonists slaughtering said protagonist.

Unfortunately, you remember correctly. This manga was allllll sorts of messed up, it wasn't just the ending.

Like for example: the father cuts the family dog into pieces and puts said pieces into a pile in the forest which the daughter then finds and continues to go back to

That beings said, it was actually quite a good story...I don't regret reading it (which says a lot, I hate tragedies). If y'all haven't given it a try, I would most certainly do so. :) Just go into it with a grain of salt lol. Like I looked at it more like a physiological piece than anything to do with romance.

last edited at May 2, 2015 3:34PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

Like I looked at it more like a physiological piece than anything to do with romance.

Pretty much how everyone should approach this manga, it has some decent social commentary as well.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

OriginalGengar

Unfortunately, you remember correctly. This manga was allllll sorts of messed up, it wasn't just the ending.

Like for example: the father cuts the family dog into pieces and puts said pieces into a pile in the forest which the daughter then finds and continues to go back to

That beings said, it was actually quite a good story...I don't regret reading it (which says a lot, I hate tragedies). If y'all haven't given it a try, I would most certainly do so. :) Just go into it with a grain of salt lol. Like I looked at it more like a physiological piece than anything to do with romance.

I do plan on reading it eventually, just not in the near future,

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

omg.. I've just finished reading it...I think I need some time before commenting...

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Remember to have some form of Word Processor open so as not to let the tragedy win.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Remember to have some form of Word Processor open so as not to let the tragedy win.

Wrong, you have to embrace the tragedy.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

No no no, when reading you must be ready to combat tragedy at all times.

'What's that? my favourite character died? I think not. This is actually the scene where a rainbow unicorn comes and the play in the fields of ever lasting yuriness and everything is happy and there is no sadness.'

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I've read enough manga to know the healing properties of tears. Just cry a little and BAM happy end.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

I still need some processing time but the good news is I didn't cry a river as when finished "Your Lie in April"

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I've read enough manga to know the healing properties of tears. Just cry a little and BAM happy end.

Tears don't turn it into a happy end, Fanfiction does. Fanfiction is the great healer. Fanfiction brings all good.

joined Mar 23, 2013

I tear up to music all the time, feels good. Usually happens when I wake up or late a night when I'm tired. Probably because my mind isn't too clogged up by the stuff that happens in a day. Mind is more receptive to it.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Tears don't turn it into a happy end, Fanfiction does. Fanfiction is the great healer. Fanfiction brings all good.

Probably wrote that a little weird. The other protagonist just has to let a tear fall on her. That always works, resurrection wise..

last edited at May 3, 2015 6:38PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

Probably wrote that a little weird. The other protagonist just has to let a tear fall on her. That always works, resurrection wise...

I just pictured a bunch of seinen reads where this happens instead of the suffering and it made me laugh.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I tear up to music all the time, feels good. Usually happens when I wake up or late a night when I'm tired. Probably because my mind isn't too clogged up by the stuff that happens in a day. Mind is more receptive to it.

I've only cried twice since year 7 (a good few years) and both of them were because of my Dad's death. For the most part I like to joke about man tears when listening to something like Demons & Wizards 'Fiddler on the Green', but actually crying is very rare for me. Which is weird, because in Primary school I'd cry constantly. So I don't really know what good crying does for most people. I prefer to tackle sadness as a purely mental exercise.

Probably wrote that a little weird. The other protagonist just has to let a tear fall on her. That always works, resurrection wise..

Gah, of course! totally misunderstood you, sorry.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Crying is healthy, people shouldn't pile up emotions inside

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Crying is healthy, people shouldn't pile up emotions inside

Are you implying I'm mentally unwell in some way?

You would be correct if so.

To reply you must either login or sign up.