Forum › Posts by 1992marigold

1992marigold
Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

I've liked this series since the beginning. The introduction of the new characters at first was a little confusing, but I'm enjoying all the couples stories now. It was good that Windyfall was able to takeover and continue on, but I am finding it hard to read the somewhat cursive type in the asides and smaller bubbles on my kindle. :(

1992marigold
Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012
1992marigold
Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

I too like the relaxed feel. Even when Shiho is exhausted she wants to see Akari. Personally just being around someone with that happy vibe gives me warm and fuzzies. The bit with the lavender ice cream and holding hands wearing the yukata shows Shiho's inner feelings. Even if she looks expressionless.

1992marigold
Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

You can find 6 chapters the new group has put out on mangadex. They appear to be putting out a new chapter once a month.

1992marigold
Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

I barely read anything that was released from 2016-2018. Hit me with your best (cute) oneshots and doujins!

@ orange pekoe "Song about a piece of Junk" by Mimoto. This is the one that got me interested in Mimoto-sensei's work. Some chapters are still not scanlated though. Posted in 2016 and 17.
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/song_about_a_piece_of_junk

last edited at Jul 21, 2019 1:34PM

1992marigold
Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

@SのM The girls looking at the paintings are characters from Mimoto's other works. Check out her pixiv page. About Grand Odalisque, a scientific study was done and it was determined that the artist must have deliberately painted an impossibly proportioned model. They figured 5 extra vertebrae, an impossibly tilted pelvis and one arm shorter than the other.

1992marigold
Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

Never say never!

1992marigold
Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

When I'm feeling down or at home sick and feeling sorry for myself, I reread Fu-Fu. Any Itou Hachi story gives me warm fuzzies. I've reread Gokujou Drops many times. Something about the girls in the house and the way they hit on Komori-chan cracks me up. Finally, Kobayashi-san chi no maid dragon. I 'm buying the Seven Seas editions and loving them.

1992marigold
Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

Wait who is Hector?

Hector is a French Bulldog and he was a puppy a long time ago. He's an old guy now. Hector got his name from the idiom "since Hector was a pup".

1992marigold
Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

Oh, and it was steadily updated on another site but I think feelings were hurt from some of the mean comments posted here. I don't mean anything like "I wish" or "it's too bad that" but just mean-spirited. If it's that painful for you don't read it. The group doing "Kobayashi-san chi no maid dragon" that is posted elsewhere. I can't read it. I'll just wait for the English published books and say thank you Seven Seas.

1992marigold
Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

In defense of the scanlators, this has improved over time. Especially once Caek joined the team. Squiggles is not a native English speaker and who knows what program is used to edit it. How about volunteering to help? Whoever it was that volunteered to help Miam Miam Team with a Kiss and white lily, I thank you.

1992marigold
Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

yes, it's a one-shot.

1992marigold
Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

pg 19
becuase
fixed. Oh sharp-eyed one.

last edited at Apr 9, 2018 8:34AM

1992marigold
Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

You are correct. I paraphrased from but I was sure about a girl sleeping with guys so she could buy expensive goods (or they bought for her) and then some other girl stepping in to just buy what she wanted no strings attached. Was that story in a YH issue?

1992marigold
Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

So I imagined it. Is there some similar one shot?

1992marigold
Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

I'm sure I read this on Dynasty once but it's not under the authors work. It's by Chisako and called either Yokubou Parade or Parade of Desires. Girl sells her body in order to use the money to buy pricey goods. Another girl comes along and tells her if she stops prostituting herself she'll buy her all the stuff she wants. Am I dreaming?

1992marigold
Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

Wait, why does this start from page 5? What came before it?

I believe they got the raw from the tankoubon. A collection of one shots by Minamoto sensei called Yuridori Midori. This one is the first in the book. I've got a copy and had hoped to scanlate it but...

1992marigold
A Rainy Day discussion 21 Jul 07:46
Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

I thought the kouhai looked familiar. The couple is on the cover of Girls Love Story Volume 1. The cover is drawn by Takano and they are about to kiss on a rainy day while soaking wet in their school uniforms. One of the girls is holding a flute. There is no story in the book by Takano. The volume came out in 2012 and I'm interested to know when "A Rainy Day" was published.

Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

A question about translating accents. I'm working on a girl's sports manga called Asahinagu that is posted on bato.to. An early chapter had a character (one-time appearance)with such a strong accent his own students couldn't understand him and neither could the non-native Japanese translator. A Japanese friend told me it was a variation of a Kyushu dialect called Saga-ben. I used a simplified version of Jamaican patois. But, another character has since been introduced who will be sporadically appearing. She speaks Kumamoto-ben. Her accent is commented upon. So far, only in the sense of "where is she from?" How do others translate these regional accents? I don't want to make it too rough sounding and I'm trying not to go with the American southern accent trope.

Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

have you changed your computers region settings to Japan?
Excuse me, for not replying back. Especially since once I figured out how to do that it worked!
A site called manga-zip / sakurafile. All the file names are in hiragana, but you can search for manga using the Roman alphabet, too.

Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

I need a advice.

I finished translating new work by Otsu Hiyori, but I have a issue with tittle. It's ナツメグ, which mean nutmeg, but it is not mentioned in story at all. Unless it comes into play later or there is some meaning of nutmeg I'm not aware of which can fit into story, then I feel like it is kinda weird title. There is also the fact that one of characters is named Natsume, so I thought maybe there is some connection that way, but I couldn't think of anything. So I'm not sure if I should just leave it as Natsumegu or tl it, since in case other option turns out to be more relevant, it isn't ideal to change title later.

I just read your post and did a little research. It's a soccer term that is used in a few other sports. In English, a nutmeg is when a person passes the ball (or puck) through the opposing team members legs to be received by your own team member. Your own team has to retain possession. Hope it means something to you for the story. Thank you for translating an Otsu Hiyori story.

Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

Anyone know how to download an RAR file with Japanese characters in the file name? I'm trying to get one off of Mediafire, but the hiragana shows up like this ?????.rar. I've found complicated ways of writing code online. Is there an easy to understand how to do this?

1992marigold
Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

Awesome! The sequel has been on my "want to translate" list for a good while, because it is absolutely adorable!

Thanks to the link (please forgive me for not remembering your name) to Amano sensei's twitter account. I, eventually, found this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konohana_Kitan

There was a relaunch in 2014 that is now up to 5 tankouban and there is talk of an anime!!
squee!!

1992marigold
Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

Can someone point me to a good source for RAWs of this or other yuri manga? I would like to read more yuri in Japanese but I have no clue where to find them online...

In return for your help I'd be more than happy to help if you need anything translated from Japanese.

Senmanga..com is one site. mangahead..com another. Don't know if you'll find Yuri on these sites though. I think evil devil posted a link to some site once. If you find anything helpful let me know. Always looking for translation help,

Thanks for those websites ^^ I'll check them out.
Yeah, it's surprisingly hard to find RAWs of yuri manga... if there are any that you know of on these sites that you want to see translated let me know.

I found a few sites that have copies of Yuri hime scanned. They are old copies and some of the sites are dicey at best. My malwarebytes program completely blocked one. Google Yuri hime comic raw.
The translation help I need is on Yuri*Kome. chapter 1 thru 4 are on this site if you are interested. I've scanned all the chapters from the book.

1992marigold
Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

Can someone point me to a good source for RAWs of this or other yuri manga? I would like to read more yuri in Japanese but I have no clue where to find them online...

In return for your help I'd be more than happy to help if you need anything translated from Japanese.

Senmanga..com is one site. mangahead..com another. Don't know if you'll find Yuri on these sites though. I think evil devil posted a link to some site once. If you find anything helpful let me know. Always looking for translation help,