Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

Honestly I've read as much translates stuff, then I read the pictures of the yet-untranslated manga up to chapter 38. Honestly long, drawn-out romance with tons of het interference irks me a ton. So can anyone convince me to keep up with this series?

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Honestly I've read as much translates stuff, then I read the pictures of the yet-untranslated manga up to chapter 38. Honestly long, drawn-out romance with tons of het interference irks me a ton. So can anyone convince me to keep up with this series?

FF is a real patience game with expected pay off lol. But from the sound of your opinion, I think you should wait until it's over (which is another year).

joined Aug 18, 2015

Well this series is not everyone's cup of tea. they say different strokes for different folks. I still think this series is going at a good pace. Seol-a n Norae have known each other like a year.? It's not love at first sight. In addition, they have never been in a same-sex relationship before. het interference? I find them quite normal since not everyone is gay. ofc, there are things that I don't like - too much of Australia & many characters have the same face as Seol-a. If Enah turned out to be a manipulative cougar, then it is hard for me to dislike her since I really like Seola.

18%20-%20eternal%20flame
joined Jun 18, 2015

I honestly think the reason people like long drawn out stories, is thier secretly an emotional masochists. We dont want a story were people always know thier going to be together and everthang happens easily and smoothly. We want to think "at least we dont have it as bad as them and thay made it."

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I honestly think the reason people like long drawn out stories, is thier secretly an emotional masochists.

Or they might simply enjoy the realistic part of the story and can relate better :)
Because, you know, everlasting love at first sight without any obstacles applied in 3-D world is not always the case

18%20-%20eternal%20flame
joined Jun 18, 2015

I honestly think the reason people like long drawn out stories, is thier secretly an emotional masochists.

Or they might simply enjoy the realistic part of the story and can relate better :)
Because, you know, everlasting love at first sight without any obstacles applied in 3-D world is not always the case

In my experience its never the case. But mabie I like the stories because thay toucher me...lol ;)

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Norae seems to be taking good care of her new boss in the new chapter ;(

joined Aug 18, 2015

just out of curiosity, why'd u think those who like long drawn out are "emotional masochists"?

I mean who doesn't enjoy reading short cute stories, especially those without any het/love triangle interference? :)

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I honestly think the reason people like long drawn out stories, is thier secretly an emotional masochists. We dont want a story were people always know thier going to be together and everthang happens easily and smoothly. We want to think "at least we dont have it as bad as them and thay made it."

I find the pacing of this story way more realistic than most manga or manwha I've read. I think the reason why most people don't care for long_er_ stories is because they're seeking instant gratification (or faster gratification). In other words, they want the climax sooner.

There's nothing wrong with people preferring more build up or people seeking the kiss ors ex or whatever after only a few chapters. Calling anyone a masochist for preferring a different story pace is a bit careless. I don't really know what to make of the rest of this comment.

I like this story because I find it more realistic, the characters more complex and relatable and it makes me feel a variety of different feelings. Why are you still reading it?

last edited at Dec 20, 2015 9:52AM

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

I find the pacing of this story way more realistic than most manga or manwha I've read. I think the reason why most people don't care for long_er_ stories is because they're seeking instant gratification (or faster gratification). In other words, they want the climax sooner.

There's nothing wrong with people preferring more build up or people seeking the kiss ors ex or whatever after only a few chapters. Calling anyone a masochist for preferring a different story pace is a bit careless. I don't really know what to make of the rest of this comment.

I like this story because I find it more realistic, the characters more complex and relatable and it makes me feel a variety of different feelings. Why are you still reading it?

Last part completely agree. Also, another main reason I stay for ff is because I enjoy the parallels between chapters that Ssamba makes. There is always reason behind characters and why they do something or act a certain way. This is a type of Manga you can sit and read, completely lose yourself in. It's almost like watching a series on TV that I love. You get hooked and the slow build up is worth it.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

So on the topic of chapter 56... I really, really want to know what the characters are saying. I see so many changes of expressions in the characters faces and haven't a clue as to what the thoughts or words might be. Ina looks really nostalgic. Seol-a looks like she wants to whisk No-rae away as quickly as possible. I managed to keep track of Seol-a this time (after going back-and-forth a few times to determine that she'd released her hair from the bun >__>) but I'm guessing dude mixed them up.

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014
C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Seol-A looks pretty with her hair like that (and definetely annoyed lol)

I'm curious what Ina's role is going to be. Besides the obvious, which might not even be the case. Seems like this is her fiance in the last panel. I think we'll get more of their story in later chapters

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Seol-A looks pretty with her hair like that (and definetely annoyed lol)

agreed (and agreed, ha-ha)

joined Sep 20, 2015

If i am seol-ah, i would defintely feel frustrated watching no rae takes good care of Ina. Why does No rae have to be such a good kid? Also, i think Ina might have noticed something. . . especially when seol-ah went w/ no rae after being invited to eat donuts when a while ago seol-ah said to Ina that shes on a diet? (At least thats what google translate told me hahaha) Ina might more and more continue to tease seol-ah...

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I'm frustrated just wanting to see them hang out. I loved watching them just hang out. FRUSTRATIONN!!

Now, that that's out of my system (temporarily)... I really am curious as to what Seol-a's boiling point will be. Reality is getting in the way of all the more romantic/idealistic plans. As life does. Ha-ha.

And it looks like we're about to be introduced to the serious side of Ina. She clearly took note of something in that brief interaction wherein No-rae initiates contact with Seol-a after noticing her.

18%20-%20eternal%20flame
joined Jun 18, 2015

just out of curiosity, why'd u think those who like long drawn out are "emotional masochists"?

I mean who doesn't enjoy reading short cute stories, especially those without any het/love triangle interference? :)

:) ok though some misunderstand me.
I like it BECAUSE of this. Being teased mercilessly for hours makes the final release euphoric. This is what I mean about emotional masacism. We are teased with what happens for a prolonged time, makeing the ending so much sweeter than a wam bam thank you maim short story.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

herpderp - http://pastebin.com/Y3gGGx9z

FF is actually a yaoi series 0/10 would not recommend

last edited at Dec 20, 2015 2:32PM

Port
joined Jan 23, 2015

so one of Ina's employee joked about her being a pervert, I suppose she has a reputation as a bi-cougar
or is that how koreans regularly joke towards each other lol

last edited at Dec 20, 2015 5:04PM

joined Aug 18, 2015

:) ok though some misunderstand me.
I like it BECAUSE of this. Being teased mercilessly for hours makes the final release euphoric. This is what I mean about emotional masacism. We are teased with what happens for a prolonged time, makeing the ending so much sweeter than a wam bam thank you maim short story.

interesting definition. I like ff simply bc I can relate to events/characters. most events seem quite 'normal' :)

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Thanks granny! Now I still don't understand what's happening, but on a higher level of ignorance.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

FF is actually a yaoi series 0/10 would not recommend

Thank you, @halmoni !

clicks with enthusiasm

@katfemale Yep. Totally did not get the you liking it part out of what you posted. ha-ha-ha-ha

interesting definition. I like ff simply bc I can relate to events/characters. most events seem quite 'normal' :)

@jmv I'm with you. I think it's kind of like what @confused1203 said. I don't watch TV, but FF just brings a lot of detail to a perfectly normal aspect of many people's lives. There are some nice manga, even Yuri manga, that you could imagine tell a similar tale, but it's in the details where this sort of thing happening in each of our lives makes them different and special to us. We could "fill in the blanks" in a faster-paced story with our imaginations, but it's different to watch it (think touching movies...or just life).

I prefer reading novels (and even fanfiction) to watching movies and even reading manga because they tend to be more detailed when it comes to conveying the character's thoughts. But movies and anime have the advantage of all the high-bandwidth communication afforded by our other senses (e.g., body language). Movies often are weaker when it comes to conveying characters thoughts, a major part of the human experience (think of the internal monologue or hypothetical you're having as you experience things). Manga sits in a different spot that affords it richer delivery in ways that are somewhat unavailable to novels, movies, TV and animation, etc. That said, it's a ton of work to do well with the visuals and the words. An incredible amount of work.

Fluttering Feelings' release cadence is WEEKLY. How many other manga or mangwha are this long with consistent quality in this genre? And have a single story? (I just checked Sasameki Koto, which was the first to come to mind. 53 chapters. Then I guess Maria-sama...But, it's not one story. It establishes a setting and kind of tells the story about a place over time and interweaves lots of different characters' narratives.) Most of the good, longer, single-story manga that come to mind are action-oriented, which can rely more heavily on the drawing and visual side to offer gratification and progress to the audience. Telling one story in this much detail, I think, is always bold on part of the author. There's so much pressure from fans to speed things up (thinking about some of the longer fanfics I've read). Chance of burnout, etc. I'd never expect to have many manwha or manga like this. Takes too much energy.

I'm really grateful for Fluttering Feelings, and I'm putting my faith in Ssamba to avoid some of the perils of long, single-story manga. This Ina arc actually has me a bit on edge, but I'll be good after No-rae gives a visible sign that she's in this (romantically). C'mon No-rae... ಠ~ಠ

P.S. So this happened... ...It's been quiet some time since I've written so much on a subject not work related. Not sure how I feel about that. I'm going to go read Halmoni's translation now. Yeah... >_>_

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Mmmm... I like this chapter. So it looks like No-rae is making her feel nostalgic. Seems her significant other is not close by or something. I wonder if she's referencing her fiancé. It also seems she only starting to catch onto Seol-a's intentions (toward No-rae), and I'm thinking that might lead to her changing her behavior. Maybe.

P.S. No-rae is so stinking thoughtful...

P.P.S. How did I miss the end-of-chap art. That's adorable!!--So-rae might be a bit concerned about the physics of No-rae running at her with a fork that size. Still cute. heh (^ ^ ; )_

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

Seola just couldnt resist when Norae beckons. :)
It's a nice cute chapter. Thanks for the translation again Halmoni.
I just feel a bit bad for Soela, she's never once smiled in the recent chapters --- from the sungpyo arc to this! So many obstacles!

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

What intentions Ina, we will have to see. I have this feeling she will be teasing Seol-A a bit more now since she seems to have clued in on how Seol-A feels towards No-Rae. Seol-A does jump when No-Rae says how high, but I'm pretty sure she enjoys being whipped. (I would be too for No-Rae)
This arc makes me so uncomfortable but also really excited at the same time!!

To reply you must either login or sign up.