Forum › Their Story discussion

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Adorableness isn't a competition! They're both adorable in their own ways!

Okay, I can live with that.

Nah, I'm gay japanese panzer drivers now.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Adorableness isn't a competition! They're both adorable in their own ways!

Okay, I can live with that.

Nah, I'm gay japanese panzer drivers now.

... An upgrade.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Ummm...
Update on possibly getting a printed version of Their Story

11230116_838371316217854_6532158904643790729_n
joined May 19, 2015

still waiting for the next chapter of "their story" to come out ...
but a printed version, yaaaaas !

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Hey Bluedrop, might want to be careful with that avatar of yours. Not sure if real nudity is allowed but something tells me it's not. Might want to change it to be safe.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Word from above says avatars must be PG-13. Bluedrop, please change yours to something appropriate.

joined Jan 30, 2013

That seems a bit strange considering some of the content on this site ;P

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

That seems a bit strange considering some of the content on this site ;P

Just passin' on what the boss tells me.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Manga/comics are not made of real life persons. Just drawings.

Copyright issues aside, real life persons might have a word to say if pictures of them naked are spread all over the internet.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Totally looking forward to seeing them play some bball now.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Totally looking forward to seeing them play some bball now.

Totally looking forward to their first kiss :P

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I was expecting the cake to have a bigger role.

last edited at May 25, 2015 10:52AM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Qiu Tong is evil.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Mutual ? if it is, I didn't see it coming

joined May 19, 2015

in the last strips, it looks like the art of tanjiu had change..

joined May 19, 2015

Mutual ? if it is, I didn't see it coming

sun jing is so obvious..

last edited at Jun 2, 2015 5:58AM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

It's more like a pretty steep ramp-up on silly-exaggerated facial expressions.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

It's more like a pretty steep ramp-up on silly-exaggerated facial expressions.

Oh, okay so I wasn't the only one who noticed. Kinda jarring.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Last two strips, the art seems a bit rushed yes.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

So, uh, if the chineese names sound completely different than the way they're written...
Why the hell are they romanized like that? Who the hell thought it's a good idea to write "TS" sound as "Q" or "SH" sound as "X"?
Even knowing it's different, I can only read english letters in english sentences in the way english language is supposed to sound...

last edited at Jun 2, 2015 8:13AM

joined Jan 31, 2015

Thiron:

So, uh, if the chineese names sound completely different than the way they're written...
Why the hell are they romanized like that? Who the hell thought it's a good idea to write "TS" sound as "Q" or "SH" sound as "X"?
Even knowing it's different, I can only read english letters in english sentences in the way english language is supposed to sound...

Though pinyin, the standard romanization scheme for Mandarin, is not perfect, I don't think there is any possible way to properly romanize Chinese in a completely elegant and intuitive way while also accurately expressing and differentiating all the sounds of Chinese.

Unless Japanese's relatively simple soundset, Mandarin Chinese has many more sounds (both consonants and vowels), meaning any Chinese romanization scheme has the unwieldy task of representing more sounds than there are letters in the alphabet. An older scheme called Wade-Giles was arguably easier for a foreign person who is reading it for the first time to pronounce things closer to how they are supposed to be pronounced. However, it made use of weird letter combinations such as "hs" and also added apostrophes and umlauts to some letters to differentiate between different sounds. And the problem is that the apostrophes and umlauts would commonly be dropped (hard to type, laziness), in which case you cannot tell which sound it was meant to be.

So I personally prefer pinyin's simplicity and conciseness. Yes, you have to learn a few "weird" things, such as j -> j (sorta), q -> ch (sorta), x -> sh (sorta), zh -> j (but different from j), z -> dz (different from j), c -> ts (different from q). And 3 "shorthands": iu -> iou, un -> uen, ui -> uei. But once you know them, I find pinyin fairly efficient and concise.

last edited at Jun 4, 2015 9:36PM

joined May 19, 2015

new update !
there is not a real link with the previous update, who is the person that qiu tong is supposed to like and stuff ? i really like their story, but i don't know ..i feel like Tan Jiu jump from one gag to another, giving false hope to sun jing and try to make us laugh about it , but it's been 3 updates that we have the same gag in differents situations, and personnally, i find it tiresome .. i don't know for you guys, what do you think about it ? i mean, i want things to move forward between them, and yes, they are becoming closer and are laughing together and all, but ... i don't feel it right. Not as a gag manga
i personnaly think that the stuff how was really good about "their story" was the equitable balance between gag manga and serious love story, damn it , i found it so well executed; and since the three last updates, i feel disapointed.
and this is without talking about the "new" art who seems to be so rushed ...

joined Aug 4, 2014

Ugh, finally! I feel like a junkie waiting for his fix.
Personally I don't mind silly stuff, because firstly, it was quite funny, secondly it's not like we didn't get anything more than that. We had a glimpse of Qiu Tong's relationship with her father, confirmation that she has love interest and most importantly I really felt like there's some bond established between Qiu Tong and Sun Jing and I hope it's gonna develope in next chapters. As for artstyle some change is noticeable, but not drastic. It doesn't make me enjoy this manhua any less, but I'm a fanboy, so I can be just biased :D
As for the newest chapter Tan Jiu is more and more daring, letting Qiu Tong motorboat Sun Jing XD But there was no transition between playing jenga and running outside, so I was kinda confused if Sun Jing is still at Qiu Tong's house or what (judging from her clothes and lack of formal goodbye she is)

To reply you must either login or sign up.