Forum › Their Story discussion

joined Jan 11, 2015

It's fiction. If you don't accept it, you just don't read it.

It's not the same as having it shoved in your face in the streets.

actually i love this one.i'm just amazed because i've never seen Chinese yuri manhua for it's damn rare and there are only few yuri manhua made in China

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

You do realize the Chinese government tries to strictly control its people and actively deletes dissidence on the web or anything that could be perceived as a criticism of the government or anything that could, "upset the balance," yes?? Like, gongnongjie said, I'm amazed that this has been allowed since its frowned upon by both the people and government. That's why I'm wondering if the author is based in Hong Kong where China's government is mostly hands off (though that seems to be changing soon =/ ).

Erm... there's absolutely no political statement in "Their Story". I doubt they'd go to the extent of censoring this. Except if the author was starting to get international recognition (like being invited to cons, or something), then they may start to look into it.

Really, there's next to no emphasis on this happening in China. There's not even a hint of criticism of anything : there's no homophobia mentionned at all. It's pure romance/comedy.

joined Jan 11, 2015

gongnongjie

it's rare to see this since homosexuality is unacceptable for most people in China.

I don't remember but is the author located in Hong Kong? I tend to hear that Hong Kong is more open minded/progressive/liberal than mainland/rest of China is. (Could be wrong.) So this could be why this story hasn't been locked down yet...???

Nya-chan

It's fiction. If you don't accept it, you just don't read it.

It's not the same as having it shoved in your face in the streets.

You do realize the Chinese government tries to strictly control its people and actively deletes dissidence on the web or anything that could be perceived as a criticism of the government or anything that could, "upset the balance," yes?? Like, gongnongjie said, I'm amazed that this has been allowed since its frowned upon by both the people and government. That's why I'm wondering if the author is based in Hong Kong where China's government is mostly hands off (though that seems to be changing soon =/ ).

well,you've got the part right.let me make it all clear:yuri manhua is rare because it has few economic benifits if you are not very good at manhua-making(there are not many yuri fans,only few people can accept and enjoy it.and due to the unreasonable privacy law,pirates are accepted in China,which badly damages manhua-maker's spiritand economic benifits and hence there are not very many original manhuas,and yuri manhuas are rarer and precious.(i'm not good at English,but i do hope you guys have got what i'm trying to explain:))

last edited at May 7, 2015 10:46AM

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Nya-Chan

Erm... there's absolutely no political statement in "Their Story". I doubt they'd go to the extent of censoring this. Except if the author was starting to get international recognition (like being invited to cons, or something), then they may start to look into it.

Really, there's next to no emphasis on this happening in China. There's not even a hint of criticism of anything : there's no homophobia mentionned at all. It's pure romance/comedy.

There doesn't need to be a political excuse for the government to enact censorship. "Homosexuals corrupt the minds of the people! Get rid of it!" That is all that is needed and poof! "Their Story" is gone or hard to find.

gongnongjie

snip

well,you've got the part right.let me make it all clear:yuri manhua is rare because it has few economic benifits if you are not very good at manhua-making(there are not many yuri fans,only few people can accept and enjoy it.and due to the unreasonable privacy law,pirates are accepted in China,which badly damages manhua-maker's spiritand economic benifits and hence there are not very many original manhuas,and yuri manhuas are rarer and precious.(i'm not good at English,but i do hope you guys have got what i'm trying to explain:))

I got the gist of it mate, no worries :) I also had my suspicions about pirates and raws coming from China. Also, years ago I came across a news report that said China is trying to crack Japan's anime and manga influence by trying to create their own similar industry to compete and take over Japan's.

Can you explain this privacy law a little more? Aaaand maybe how it affects manhuas.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

On a not at all related note, yaoi-bdlc put a batch download for all as of yet released parts up on their tumblr. Well, two downloads.

joined Jan 11, 2015

Nya-Chan

There doesn't need to be a political excuse for the government to enact censorship. "Homosexuals corrupt the minds of the people! Get rid of it!" That is all that is needed and poof! "Their Story" is gone or hard to find.

gongnongjie

snip

I got the gist of it mate, no worries :) I also had my suspicions about pirates and raws coming from China. Also, years ago I came across a news report that said China is trying to crack Japan's anime and manga influence by trying to create their own similar industry to compete and take over Japan's.

Can you explain this privacy law a little more? Aaaand maybe how it affects manhuas.

yes,people can upload manhua-makers' works to the Internetwork without permission and will not be punished by the government,manhua-makers' can only attain money by publishing it,while most people prefer to read it online,which manhua-makers cannot gain any money.by the way,it's already 11:20pm here and i feel very sleepy,i'll give you reply tomorrow if you wanna ask more.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Update! (kinda sorta)

http://yaoi-blcd.tumblr.com/post/118694728190/update-from-tan-jiu-translated-by-yaoi-blcd-if#notes

So now we know what both their moms look like.

I swear mother day was months ago.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

It feels that the author somehow ran out of ideas what to do with the story. The updates are rare (in comparison to 19 days). The progress is practically zero. And a lot of art talent and effort goes for ... for a cake recipe...

joined Mar 28, 2014

A little early and presumptuous to make calls like this.

You're probably and hopefully right. Just shared my observations though.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Start with update 44 :
March 6 - March 9 - march 16 - march 19 - march 21 - march 22 - march 24 - march 28 - april 1 - april 7 - april 12 - april 15 - april 17 - april 29 - Mai 2 - mai 10

Updates are rare ? Tan Jiu can update a little slower than the author of 19 day but the latter update very very very often and Tan jiu have never been that far behind (never been totally regular either)... also there isn't more progress in 19 day than in Their story, not that I feel there is less progress in their story now than in the beginning either x)

I personally don't see anything changed since the beginning (the last one being kind of a special).

last edited at May 11, 2015 12:41PM

joined Mar 28, 2014

Start with update 44 :
March 6 - March 9 - march 16 - march 19 - march 22 - march 24 - march 28 - april 1 - april 7 - april 12 - april 15 - april 17 - april 29 - Mai 2 - mai 11

Updates are rare ?

I'm not saying they're rare, I'm saying they used to appear faster:
day difference in March: 3, 7, 3, 3, 2, 4; average: 3.67 days
day difference in April: 4, 6, 5, 3, 2, 12; average: 5.3 days
day difference in May: 3, 9, average: 6 days
and if I average the last three releases, when the noticeable slow-down peaked: 12, 3, 9, av. = 8. That's more than two times bigger than in March, with one chapter being a filler.

Tan Jiu can update a little slower than the author of 19 day but the latter update very very very often and Tan jiu have never been that far behind (never been totally regular either)...

To be honest, I assumed it's the same author. Was I wrong?

also there isn't more progress in 19 day than in Their story, not that I feel there is less progress in their story now than in the beginning either x)

I haven't read 19 days, so I can't really compare the stories. But I certainly see that updates for 19 days come more often. And due-to my assumption of the same guy drawing them, I considered that Their Story might be in a pinch. There's also this very subjective personal perception that the author tries hard to invent the plot in order not to rush things into a confession of some sort and kill the story.

I personally don't see anything changed since the beginning (the last one being kind of a special).

At this point it's hard for me to verbalise my feelings. I really like the story and don't want it to end. But I got the vibe the author's been struggling with it recently, so I decided to ask if it's just me.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

To be honest, I assumed it's the same author. Was I wrong?

Yeah, different people.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

It's only the beginning of Mai (x)) but even so, Tan jiu isn't always regular, there have been other month like April with a bigger interval between two update of the month which can easily make the average rise.
Well, we will see that with the next updates.

No it's not the same authors. Their story is from Tan Jiu and 19 Days from Old Xian if i'm not wrong.

last edited at May 11, 2015 12:52PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Anything is possible, certainly. Many (most?) webcomics are abandoned and never finished because the artist runs out of time/motivation/whatever. Before assuming the worst, I would hope that Tanjiu is simply attending to other parts of their life first, and assume updates will eventually become more regular again. Maybe that's just the optimist in me, though.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Optimism is evil, only the cynical know joy.

*Just because everyone needs to know how much more awesome I am than them, just got an ATLITS physical copy.

last edited at May 11, 2015 1:19PM

joined Jan 11, 2015

yes,people can upload manhua-makers' works to the Internetwork without permission and will not be punished by the government,manhua-makers' can only attain money by publishing it,while most people prefer to read it online,which manhua-makers cannot gain any money.by the way,it's already 11:20pm here and i feel very sleepy,i'll give you reply tomorrow if you wanna ask more.

How naive I was....now I think the truth is not that simple.

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

Optimism is evil, only the cynical know joy.

*Just because everyone needs to know how much more awesome I am than them, just got an ATLITS physical copy.

i don't know what ATLITS is but I might need to throw things at you for suggesting most cynics are anything other than whiny, annoying cowards.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

i don't know what ATLITS is but I might need to throw things at you for suggesting most cynics are anything other than whiny, annoying cowards.

ATLITS is an amazing amazing album by the musical geniuses of Area 11.

And us Cynics are PROUD of our whiny annoying cowardice!

*Genius enough to make Naruto sound awesome.

last edited at May 12, 2015 6:18PM

joined Mar 28, 2014

Yeah, different people.

Oh, good! Then it's certainly a positive moment and gives a bit of hope to me.

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

ATLITS is an amazing amazing album by the musical geniuses of Area 11.

And us Cynics are PROUD of our whiny annoying cowardice!

*Genius enough to make Naruto sound awesome.

I also don't know what or who Area 11 is but I would assume it is completely different from Area 51.

And good for you. At least you have something to be proud of. Better than what nihilists got.
Which is nothing. Cause their nihilists, see?
I'll show me self out.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I also don't know what or who Area 11 is but I would assume it is completely different from Area 51.

And good for you. At least you have something to be proud of. Better than what nihilists got.
Which is nothing. Cause their nihilists, see?
I'll show me self out.

Area 11 are perfect, everyone should know them. Google videos "Euphemia", follow the links and marvel at the brilliance. Should probably go with the shorter version.

HEAR THAT DYNASTY! EVERYONE SHOULD BECOME A FAN OF THIS BAND AND SPEND THERE MONEY ON THEM!

Indeed, we are better off than the nihilists. But we don't like 'em for it.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Maybe steer this ship back towards the topic, that'd be great.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Maybe steer this ship back towards the topic, that'd be great.

Sorry Nezsama. One day I swear I'll kick the derailing habit of mine. Unless I die or am banned before. Hoping the former.

Does anyone else want Qui Tong (sp?) to have her own cooking show? I usually never like drawn cakes, but her's is awesome. Helps that she's adorable too.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I'd rather have a [Hinako Cooking Show)(http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/murcielago_bonus_contents_tozakura_hinakos_i_can_do_it_myself_probably#4) actually, but a Qui Tong show would be nice too.
Also, Sun Jing > Qui Tong on the adorableness scale.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I'd rather have a [Hinako Cooking Show)(http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/murcielago_bonus_contents_tozakura_hinakos_i_can_do_it_myself_probably#4) actually, but a Qui Tong show would be nice too.
Also, Sun Jing > Qui Tong on the adorableness scale.

Adorableness isn't a competition! They're both adorable in their own ways!

Also, your not a gay Mexican BDSM dude anymore? The hell?

To reply you must either login or sign up.