Forum › New Tags - suggestions and discussion

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Rye pointed out in the Images section that we don't have a Cosplay tag.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

^ yeah but I wasn't been serious it's not a bad tag but doesn't it overlap with the parody?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

^ yeah but I wasn't been serious it's not a bad tag but doesn't it overlap with the parody?

Not necessarily. Stuff like Roommates or Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! would qualify for one but not the other.

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Incidentally, what's the difference between Fantasy and Supernatural?

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

going back to the expressionless but not emotionless discussion, i just thought of the perfect tag for it: Taciturn
not sure why i didnt think of it earlier.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Incidentally, what's the difference between Fantasy and Supernatural?

Fantasy is worlds of fantastic creatures and magic etc, like Touhou or Final Fantasy.

Supernatural is usually used for works that are set in the real world, but have elements of oddness in them, like vampires or a ghost or something like that.

It's not 100% but that's the basic rule.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Manwha - with the addition of the two manwhas recently, it seems like it would be a good idea to have this tag to differentiate the style... maybe?? And also used for any future yuri manwhas.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

If we're talking about look tags, I'd like to have something like Double pages for stuff like this
Mainly to be prepared for the painful experience...

Anime
joined Oct 20, 2014

If we're talking about look tags, I'd like to have something like Double pages for stuff like this
Mainly to be prepared for the painful experience...

You're not alone - I'd like to have a Stockings tag.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

there should totes be a Princess Carry tag for the images.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Still waiting for the Selfie tag XD

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

It was suggested elsewhere by someone else, but seasonal tags? Christmas and Valentine's being the obvious ones, though maybe Halloween too?

(I'd meant to just make a Valentines tag to add to that Jin thing we did, but I heard that the tags were disappeared a while back and thought I'd see if there was a history there first.)

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It was suggested elsewhere by someone else, but seasonal tags? Christmas and Valentine's being the obvious ones, though maybe Halloween too?

(I'd meant to just make a Valentines tag to add to that Jin thing we did, but I heard that the tags were disappeared a while back and thought I'd see if there was a history there first.)

If you do those, New Years would make a lot of sense given how often it's a setting for stories.

Also, maybe Festival? Given this is Japan after all and it's a common special event setting.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Let's go further and add Weekend. What? It's an event!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Let's go further and add Weekend. What? It's an event!

I'd say no. That's taking it to a bit of an extreme.

joined Jan 30, 2013

We should have tags for every week day.

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

If you do those, New Years would make a lot of sense given how often it's a setting for stories.

Also, maybe Festival? Given this is Japan after all and it's a common special event setting.

I could see Festival being useful. I went ahead and tagged some things Valentine's, but with the tag in place people could also suggest it for things now.

To reply you must either login or sign up.