Forum › New Tags - suggestions and discussion

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Please use this topic to suggest new tags and discuss them.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Suggesting tag: Yuri Crush
Used in case a girl character got a crush on other girl, but the series can't really be tagged as Yuri since it's not the core of the plot. It's not Subtext either, since it's pretty open and obvious.
The tag is somewhat similar to Lesbian Sidecouple, to indicate that a generally non-yuri manga has some yuri-related content.
Examples: Non Non Biyori, Azumanga Daioh, Gochuumon wa Usagi desu ka?, 14-sai no Koi
I'm not sure if it's the best name for this tag, would be grateful if someone suggested something better.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

There's also a type of character I'd love to tag, but I have difficulty putting it into couple of words, could use some help...
Basically, it's a character that's expressionless, but absolutely not emotionless. They feel as much as everyone else, it just doesn't show on their face. Instead, they are also often super-blunt with their words. I mean characters like the author from One Who Depicts Love, or Toono from Othello.
Somehow just Expressionless doesn't feel like the right word here...Blank Face? Meh...

Either way, I absolutely love this kind of character. Would be great to have some stories from their point of view, rather than from the observers.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

This is getting done, absolutely. Though I may change the name.

There's also a type of character I'd love to tag, but I have difficulty putting it into couple of words, could use some help...
Basically, it's a character that's expressionless, but absolutely not emotionless. They feel as much as everyone else, it just doesn't show on their face. Instead, they are also often super-blunt with their words. I mean characters like the author from One Who Depicts Love, or Toono from Othello.
Somehow just Expressionless doesn't feel like the right word here...Blank Face? Meh...

Either way, I absolutely love this kind of character. Would be great to have some stories from their point of view, rather than from the observers.

I want this, but I don't know either. We had a short-lived Kuudere tag for it (as in type 1), but there was some debate before it was removed. I'll work on ironing out the details.

Also adding these for consideration (via AudioErotica in chat):

Pirate, Assassin, Alien, Sheep girl (really?), Police/military/enforcement, Deity/Goddess, and probably some that I missed.

Also not from AE: Too Many Dicks

Lastly, sorry for the delay in response. Nice work!

last edited at Nov 25, 2014 10:52PM

Payapaya Scans
joined Nov 14, 2010

Assassin: Akuma no Riddle, Canaan, Marriage Black, Murciélago, Desutoro 246 (this needs to be added to the reader if possible). Transistor Venus (assassins are always trying to get her but maybe a Spy tag would be better).
Pirate: Love Flag Girls, Bodacious Space Pirates/Moretsu Uchuu Kaizoku
Alien: Blue Drop, Mikarun X, Scape-God
Ninja: The Basics of Stealth, Senran Kagura
Military: Nanoha Strikers, Nanoha Force, Strike Witches, Kurogane Pukapuka Tai, Simoun
Deity/God/Goddess: A Devine Love Alone, Scape-God
Royalty: Carbonard Crown, Flower Flower
I said sheep girl since we have a goat girl tag and Hitsuji from *Scape-God** is a Sheep-god/girl.

You have a Shrine Maiden tag but it is not on Tama to Tama to or The Miko's Words and the Witch's Incantations.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Don't forget Vega: A Life Form In Puberty for that alien tag.

joined Jul 5, 2014

I think something along the lines of One-sided would be a better fit.
Or Onee-samaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

maybe Dandere is more appropriate? or perhaps Stoic?

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Honey Quartet too, I guess? What an odd concept...

You have a Shrine Maiden tag but it is not on Tama to Tama to or The Miko's Words and the Witch's Incantations.

I wonder why there's a Shrine Maiden tag, anyway? Added, though.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Shrine Maiden, eh? *cough* Touhou *cough*

maybe Dandere is more appropriate? or perhaps Stoic?

Hm, Dandere is more about being shy isn't it? It's not it, but might be worth adding, I think there are some works with that.
Stoic, hm..maybe. But doesn't Stoic also mean a person who considers emotions useless?

And as for Kuudere...at first I thought it was it, but the more I meet the tag the less I understand it. It seems to be too uncertain, and each time it's used it raises discussions whether it should be there...

I don't think this type really has a right word invented for it yet.

Too Many Dicks

o_O

last edited at Nov 26, 2014 2:36AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Why over think? we could use something like Teru Face Poker Face but I'll see if I can find/come up with something else.

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Oh, speaking of new tags—I added an Abuse tag to one of our chapters of Girlish Sweet a while back. Previously it had been tagged with Violence, but since that tag also gets used on things like Murciélago it seemed a little off the mark.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

How about Breaking 4th wall and Lots of puns tags? Can't remember off top of my head, but there were some mangas with that I think. Oh right, Dai-oki for puns.

last edited at Nov 26, 2014 9:00AM

joined Nov 30, 2011

A few of my ideas:

Lecherous Character or Lecherous "Old Man"
Flashback
Pervert
Yuri Goggles Past This Point
Heavy Shipping or Shipping Lanes Ahead or just Lots of Shipping
Steamy Scenes or Steamy Lovemaking or Steamy Sex
BFFs or Best Friends or Super Best Friends
Adorable Couple
One Shot or 1-Shot
2 Part Story - For one shots that are not grouped together
Flirting or Flirtatious or just plain 'ole Flirt
Sleeping Beauty - For those stories where a character is sleeping and is kissed by another one.

I have my own suggestions for...

Why over think? we could use something like Teru Face or Poker Face but I'll see if I can find/come up with something else.

Emotionless because they don't really show emotion.

last edited at Nov 26, 2014 5:41AM

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Emotionless would mean not having emotions, not just not showing

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Regarding this: Does it really make sense to begin tagging things based on character types/expression/appearance? That feels like it could get out of hand really fast.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Regarding this: Does it really make sense to begin tagging things based on character types/expression/appearance? That feels like it could get out of hand really fast.

Maybe not, but we have a lot of tags like that already, just take Tsundere or Big breasts for example

last edited at Nov 26, 2014 8:50AM

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Maybe not, but we have a lot of tags like that already, just take Tsundere or Big breasts for example

Tsundere is maybe an example, and maybe we don't need it. But Big breasts fits in more with Lolicon as a fetish tag—very useful for 'do want' or 'do not want' purpose.

last edited at Nov 26, 2014 9:13AM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Flashback

And then we can tag SK with that exclusively...

I don't really think so. While there are some clear reasons we haven't been tagging this specific character type, there are very few that are unique enough to really get into. Tagging Onee-sama or Useless Protagonist, for instance, wouldn't serve much purpose due to their commonality. Conversely, something like Dandere comes off as too specific for both its subjectivity and relative rarity.

I'll think about it regardless, and if I go ahead with it and screw up - as I usually do - then we can always write it off as a failed experiment.

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

I'll think about it regardless, and if I go ahead with it and screw up - as I usually do - then we can always write it off as a failed experiment.

My concern is that adding a lot more tags will mean more work for uploaders (who may already be struggling to figure out the difference between Drama and Aaaangst), more work for moderators (because more tags means more tag suggesting) and that the tags themselves will become less useful if they start to pile too high. On the other hand...

Assassin: Akuma no Riddle, Canaan, Marriage Black, Murciélago, Desutoro 246 (this needs to be added to the reader if possible). Transistor Venus (assassins are always trying to get her but maybe a Spy tag would be better).
Pirate: Love Flag Girls, Bodacious Space Pirates/Moretsu Uchuu Kaizoku
Alien: Blue Drop, Mikarun X, Scape-God
Military: Nanoha Strikers, Nanoha Force, Strike Witches, Kurogane Pukapuka Tai, Simoun
Deity/God/Goddess: A Devine Love Alone, Scape-God
Royalty: Carbonard Crown, Flower Flower

I do think that those are all quite useful. Though maybe Aristocrats or Nobility rather than Royalty? We may also need a Yakuza too...

I said sheep girl since we have a goat girl tag and Hitsuji from *Scape-God** is a Sheep-god/girl.

Solution: Change Goat girl to Caprid Girl, and then it works for both. Or just use "Animal ears"

last edited at Nov 26, 2014 12:03PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Solution: Change Goat girl to Caprid Girl, and then it works for both. Or just use "Animal ears"

Girls with horns, perhaps?

Because let's face it, Horny girls is just wrong.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Oh, speaking of new tags—I added an Abuse tag to one of our chapters of Girlish Sweet a while back. Previously it had been tagged with Violence, but since that tag also gets used on things like Murciélago it seemed a little off the mark.

That's good, thanks for the heads-up. I can think of a few other things that should be tagged with it, I'll get to those soon.

Done. I have a preference for Schoolgirl Crush, but am not really sure about it. One-sided doesn't work, because I don't believe the tag should be a duplicate for all stories involving unrequited love.

Edit: Going to post more in the next few minutes. Feel free to shore up anything missing. Will probably go over some more through the week.

Assassin
Alien
Deity
Ninja

last edited at Nov 26, 2014 1:26PM

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Hm, wonder if Chuunibyou deserves a tag

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

One-sided doesn't work, because I don't believe the tag should be a duplicate for all stories involving unrequited love.

That's probably a good example of a tag that you'd want some level of spoiler protection on.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Girls with horns, perhaps?

Because let's face it, Horny girls is just wrong.

Maybe just an all encompassing tag because series like A Centaur's Worries would be overflowing with these tags. Something better like Anthro Characters or Anthropomorphic Characters

Flashback

And then we can tag SK with that exclusively...

Sasameki Koto?? Stretch, Octave, and I believe Collectors also use flashbacks and I know a number of others use them here and there as well. It can also be used to tag chapters in long running series too.

To reply you must either login or sign up.