Forum › A "small" topic for video games

joined Mar 23, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI69lrGxcks

It's becoming more and more apparant that I'm going to have to buy a Wii U.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I still have my doubts about Monado Chronicles X that i just can't shake away, the previous game was really great but the quests and exploration in that game kind of sucked ass and this time around they seem to be the main focus of the game
Well, if everything goes wrong at the very least i'll still be content with Sawano's bitching soundtrack

joined Mar 23, 2013

I still have my doubts about Monado Chronicles X that i just can't shake away, the previous game was really great but the quests and exploration in that game kind of sucked ass and this time around they seem to be the main focus of the game
Well, if everything goes wrong at the very least i'll still be content with Sawano's bitching soundtrack

But the incredible amount of details and lore from exploring and questing was what made the game so great.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

The "exploration" we do in the main story was indeed great, i loved the fuck out of that setting and each new area was always a wonder, but the exploration we do from the quests all comes down to find a certain enemy type and kill X number of them, it is kind of nice to see the places we don't get to see just by following the main story, there's some good 3 "new" areas as soon as Colony 9, but there's so much "go kill X monsters" and "find Y item" that the variation ceases to exist very soon, i've been dedicating a good 5 hours on doing quests in a new savefile after i finished it and didn't even get to the second star of Colony 9

My cousin is pretty hyped up for the game so he explained me some stuff like how there's a bunch of faction in X and that they have different type of quests and that does seem pretty promising, it'll just depend on how many of those will not be "go to this location on the map and do this thing"

last edited at Apr 15, 2015 11:25PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

The "exploration" we do in the main story was indeed great, i loved the fuck out of that setting and each new area was always a wonder, but the exploration we do from the quests all comes down to find a certain enemy type and kill X number of them, it is kind of nice to see the places we don't get to see just by following the main story, there's some good 3 "new" areas as soon as Colony 9, but there's so much "go kill X monsters" and "find Y item" that the variation ceases to exist very soon, i've been dedicating a good 5 hours on doing quests in a new savefile after i finished it and didn't even get to the second star of Colony 9

My cousin is pretty hyped up for the game so he explained me some stuff like how there's a bunch of faction in X and that they have different type of quests and that does seem pretty promising, it'll just depend on how many of those will not be "go to this location on the map and do this thing"

I think you just don't like grinding, open worlds are always goin to suck if that's the case. Unless the main story can be rushed through like Skyrim and many other games.

I think RPGs that have a lot of post-game content that cuts the main story is the best of both worlds when it comes to satisfying as many players as possible.
Also all your worries don't matter because transforming mechs, do you understand? It's flying mechs, nothing comes close.

In other news I've finally finished my Level 1 Vaan-only playthrough. It was a long journey mostly because I did not use the help of the internetz.

last edited at Apr 15, 2015 11:43PM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I think you just don't like grinding, open worlds are always goin to suck if that's the case.

I do like open worlds, my problem is with fetch quests, there's too much potential in a open world to be just about killing 10 rabbits or collecting 3 strawberries, The Elder Scrolls is actually a good example of great sidequests, they have it's own stories and leads to different dungeons to adventure through

This is also why i hate WoW clones MMORPGs compared to befoere-Eden Ragnarök or even dare i say Tibia, they had a great sense of adventure that goes far beyond a NPC telling you he'll give you loot for being a errand boy
...Damn i really miss Tibia, ran through so much silly stuff playing that, shame it's gone to shit now

In other news I've finally finished my Level 1 Vaan-only playthrough.

Aw maan, couldn't it be Level 1 Balthier-only?

Edit: Actually i think i should compliment FFXV's demo on handling the open world thing, there's no side quests as in an npc telling you to do stuff, but you find across the world the Phantom Swords through your own exploration and you get rewarded with more abilities that change the game, you even get a summon, it's more akin to finding hidden itens in Metroid that i love so much, hope the full game is filled to the brim with those

last edited at Apr 16, 2015 12:00AM

joined Mar 23, 2013

This is also why i hate WoW clones MMORPGs compared to befoere-Eden Ragnarök or even dare i say Tibia, they had a great sense of adventure that goes far beyond a NPC telling you he'll give you loot for being a errand boy

...Damn i really miss Tibia, ran through so much silly stuff playing that, shame it's gone to shit now.

JRPGs won't really have that much diverse questing really, they simply don't employ enough writers to be able to schieve that. Plus Nippon devs usually only like story for the main story if you will because it "distract" from the plot. As if random romance + save the world was that important lol. Oh well, it is the land of the waifus afterall.

Aw maan, couldn't it be Level 1 Balthier-only?

Edit: Actually i think i should compliment FFXV's demo on handling the open world thing, there's no side quests as in an npc telling you to do stuff, but you find across the world the Phantom Swords through your own exploration and you get rewarded with more abilities that change the game, you even get a summon, it's more akin to finding hidden itens in Metroid that i love so much, hope the full game is filled to the brim with those

I might go for it another time, but 2015 looks like s bigger gaming year for me. It's hard to replay old games especially if it's that time consuming. Plus I hate Balthier cause he has Fran, it's just unfair y'know? Don't mind my lonely self : ( .

IIRC the way you obtain the swords in the demo was just for the demo. I assume the summon one shot was also to make things faster, I could be wrong though.
I'm a tadbit scared for FF XV from the combat. Now I know that they said the combat was basically at 50% and I suspect the demo was released purely for players to judge the combat.
But it was still a mess, it felt clunky as hell.
Noctis and his MP just meant him going into statis or you just no doing anything but left click was atrocious. Short sword was basically useless because pushback, can't follow anything too because of range. Hitboxes were pretty bad, didn't fit models very well aside from soldiers. Collision... Pls SE there's a reason why most MMO turn off collision it's because it is retarded. At the very least turn it off when not in combat so I don't get stuck trying to get to point B when dudebros are just staying in my way and won't move.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

It's really hard to judge the combat in the demo, action RPGs normally don't get a deep combat system like action games from the likes of Devil May Cry or Ninja Giaden, so it really depends a lot on the enemies, Kingdom Hearts II FM is great on Critical Mode because they can hurt a lot so you have to watchout for the enemies patterns and your surroundings and can create quite the experience Unless you're over leveled of course but the enemies in FFXV are all cannon fodders, i do like the Behemoth fight but the normal enemies doesn't do it, hoping that things gets more complicated later on and that there's a difficulty setting

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Whoops I forgot to share an img...uh...I guess I'll just do it tomorrow(later today)...

Hmm I hope X doesn't have a bland quest system, I tend to lose interest in those type of games. And speaking of Xenoblade I should probably finish it one of this days.

MAaaan the arcade ladder endings in MKX SUUUUUUCCKKKK. Also Mileena's dead(killed by the grossest yuri kiss of death) and so are Quan chi and Baraka ;_;

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

Whoops I forgot to share an img...uh...I guess I'll just do it tomorrow(later today)...

Hmm I hope X doesn't have a bland quest system, I tend to lose interest in those type of games. And speaking of Xenoblade I should probably finish it one of this days.

MAaaan the arcade ladder endings in MKX SUUUUUUCCKKKK. Also Mileena's dead(killed by the grossest yuri kiss of death) and so are Quan chi and Baraka ;_;

People dying at the end of MK games is nothing new really
I actually like those bland side quests. It's clear what you have to do and I can spent time on it. Not like I have anything else to do after all

Edit: Wonder how many people know these guys...
Game: Ib Pairing: Ib x Mary Link: pixiv1 pixiv2 pixiv3

last edited at Apr 16, 2015 1:54AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Yeah but I didn't care about Lui kang etc...well maybe Kung lao, Quan chi and Mileena are 2 of my favorite characters and they got treated like $hit on story mode

I do! but isn't that only possible if Garry is well you know ....well I guess I'll post on friday then.

Well so far it seems Rosalina was left un-nerfd! that makes me so happy! bye diddy no one will miss you on the top.
Also too bad they patched the 1HKO pikmin glitch...

last edited at Apr 16, 2015 2:44AM

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

Yeah but I didn't care about Lui kang etc...well maybe Kung lao, Quan chi and Mileena are 2 of my favorite characters and they got treated like $hit on story mode

I do! but isn't that only possible if Garry is well you know ....well I guess I'll post on friday then.

My biggest problem is that Kano somehow always survives
Since the post would be just a huge spoiler without this sentence I want to lament over the fact that Mewtwo has no custom special moves TT^TT (Barring the unfinished glitch ones)
Yeah but killing Mary would have shocked me more. She just wanted to be loved!

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Oh I just saw the glitchy ones lol maybe we have to wait until april 28?
Kano is the @$$hole you can't get rid of, it's kinda hilarious actually...and he has a son?! wtf?

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

Oh I just saw the glitchy ones lol maybe we have to wait until april 28?
Kano is the @$$hole you can't get rid of, it's kinda hilarious actually...and he has a son?! wtf?

I doubt any of the dlc chars will have custom specials. Seeing as with all this development time for Mewtwo they weren't able to get anything big done I highly doubt it. If Sakurai's team would be able to do that Project M wouldn't exist <_<
I know right?! The only thing I like about Kano is that it's fun to take him down with his own X-Ray (my main has always been Shang Tsung)

joined Mar 23, 2013

It's really hard to judge the combat in the demo, action RPGs normally don't get a deep combat system like action games from the likes of Devil May Cry or Ninja Giaden, so it really depends a lot on the enemies, Kingdom Hearts II FM is great on Critical Mode because they can hurt a lot so you have to watchout for the enemies patterns and your surroundings and can create quite the experience Unless you're over leveled of course but the enemies in FFXV are all cannon fodders, i do like the Behemoth fight but the normal enemies doesn't do it, hoping that things gets more complicated later on and that there's a difficulty setting

I really meant that the game was harder than it should because everything felt slow and clunky. Now, obviously it was pretty easy but the difficulty was not from the gameplay itself and that's bad. Other thing was the camera and lock on system, KH did it great too. But this demo? An aberration is what it is.

I agree, JRPGs never known for great combat, that's why people prefer(ed) turns. It's harder to fuck up. Just make complex crafting and other out of combat stuff and people love it. Xenoblade a great example of combat done right. It's wasn't a game you could spam X like many JRPGs, chaining status ailment was the only way you could actually kill things at any decent rate, even regular mobs.

Also, since FFX HD sold well, where is my FF XII HD announcement Square Enix?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Game: Ib Pairing: Ib x Mary Link: pixiv1 pixiv2 pixiv3

At least it's not Ib x torso.

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

At least it's not Ib x torso.

Luckily for many I am not really into necrophilia :D Now excuse me as I have to think about whether I continue screaming and crying trying to beat Golden Freddy mode (;_;) or start playing Phantasy Star Portable 2

Game: Fate/Extra Pairing: Protagonist x Nero Link: pixiv1
Rye you still have to post yours xD

last edited at Apr 17, 2015 1:12AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

PsP2 is pretty fun, I even got to play a bunch of hours on local multiplayer but not sure if the online still works. The final boss is extremely annoying or maybe I just suck.

I said I would wait till friday lol, oh well I'll still post mine later.

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

PsP2 is pretty fun, I even got to play a bunch of hours on local multiplayer but not sure if the online still works. The final boss is extremely annoying or maybe I just suck.

I said I would wait till friday lol, oh well I'll still post mine later.

Ah sorry, it's friday over here xD And as long as he isn't as hard as Dark Falz in PsO it should work out. I mean PsPs Endboss was waaay too easy....Giving up on Golden Freddy mode. I simply have 0 reaction speed ;_;

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I feel like there's too much trial and error he even has a screen nuke that you HAVE to block...but the camera pans out..why?! I dunno the only other Ps game I played was Ps0 and that game is very easy(not to mention magic is waaay more useful). Also have fun with the Emilia x Lumia double tsundere oh one more thing did you transfer the PsP save data? there's a nice little bonus, too bad you don't get to keep your stuff.

I know it's friday but you covered thursday that's why I didn't.

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

I feel like there's too much trial and error he even has a screen nuke that you HAVE to block...but the camera pans out..why?! I dunno the only other Ps game I played was Ps0 and that game is very easy(not to mention magic is waaay more useful). Also have fun with the Emilia x Lumia double tsundere oh one more thing did you transfer the PsP save data? there's a nice little bonus, too bad you don't get to keep your stuff.

I know it's friday but you covered thursday that's why I didn't.

Thanks for mentioning it! The little bonus surely comes in handy.
Well I tried beating Golden Freddy mode in FnaF2 for 11hours straight and I guess I lost track of time from all the despair D: well nukes aren't bad if I can still turn into beast mode and get invincible well of to sleep enjoying those nightmares....

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014
joined Mar 23, 2013

Uh-oh

OP brother is OP. I have to say that I'm confused why so many people are talking about DMC4 special edition. The game itself was pretty bad.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

So the ending song to the threesome ending of Hate Plus is like the best thing ever.

"Could you press your lips against mine
and make me forget why
my first kiss was burning steel"

That's pretty cute, right?

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I have to say that I'm confused why so many people are talking about DMC4 special edition.

Because it's probably my third favorite game ever, losing only to Metroid Prime 2, God Hand and maybe Minesweeper

This topic has been locked.