Forum › A "small" topic for video games

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Does anyone own the new 3DS XL? I'm thinking about finally getting back into nintendo and I was wonderin how it feels in your hands since it's relatively ''big'' compared to the normal 3DS

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Does anyone own the new 3DS XL? I'm thinking about finally getting back into nintendo and I was wonderin how it feels in your hands since it's relatively ''big'' compared to the normal 3DS

Don't have a New but i have a normal XL which's about the same size, i find it more comfortable in my hands than the normal 3DS, but it is a tad bit heavier so it can strain a bit if you're playing games that you can only support with one hand (Kid Icarus and such), in those cases i always rest the thing on my knee Since i don't play those kind of games outside so i'm not afraid of striking weird poses

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

I got one of those grips for mine and it's excellent. I never want to put it down.

This one, specifically: https://www.amazon.com/Rubbercoated-Grip-New-Black-cybergadget-Japan/dp/B00OTEN5V4

last edited at Sep 25, 2016 1:00PM

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Nice, thanks for the input!

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Alright i beat Spirit of Justice! Now i can play through the series in reverse order, triggering thousands of Ace Attorney fans across the globe
...Before that i should try some Armored Core, still no idea where to begin from though...

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

More sick Nelo videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LPfz0_DF88
another https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQCCmgDzswc

Criken making a viewer-to-streamer interactive game, Kickstarter video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kORBQVreMp4
Not so sure about this one, but his "prototype" testing was done in some L4D streams and they were quite something.

Yooka Laylee Characters, and Shovel Knight is in the game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TZo5Gnxog8
ah man, really want this...

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

AAAAANNND Devpro is down...actually! they were having some server issues and the devs took pulled the project until everything it's patched up...so ygopro is the only stable way to play ygo online atm.

I also FINALLY beat Majora's mask(3d) and jeebus! this game is really, like REALLY fun except great bay. Also, I got the Stone tower music stuck in my head. 1st 3d Zelda I 100% too! the 3D remake is really accessible.

Alright i beat Spirit of Justice! Now i can play through the series in reverse order, triggering thousands of Ace Attorney fans across the globe

Thank you for reminding me that I still have to finish Dual destinies so I can get to this one...wait reverse order? uh...ok...I guess(?). I think the only thing that can really trigger AA fans is saying: "Apollo Justice is the best game in the franchise!"

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yooka Laylee Characters, and Shovel Knight is in the game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TZo5Gnxog8
ah man, really want this...

I seriously can't wait for Yooka Laylee to come out, it looks like it'll be a blast. But my god are those voices grating. Shovel Knight's was at least a bit amusing, but I can't see listening to even him for more than a few seconds without wanting to shoot my speakers.

You wanna see the same nonsense syllables thing done right, go back and look at the original Klonoa: Door To Phantomile.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I think the only thing that can really trigger AA fans is saying: "Apollo Justice is the best game in the franchise!"

Well that might end up happening, considering that Great Bay was my favorite temple

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

HAYDEE looks hardcore.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Yandere Simulator Rivals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa7ovZGvY6o
bunch of characters.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

neat-lookin stealth game, Aragami
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO5H_UaToTI

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Sony is trying to clean their hands off of the whole No Man's Sky thing but they are just as guilty for pushing that game into the spotlight and using it as a hype machine for PS4.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Yandere Simulator Rivals
bunch of characters.

Soooo, it looks like it's going the incest route with the little sister character (unless she's not actually the little sister, I guess). This kind of turns me off from wanting to get the game, but, well, it sure is a good thing that the yandere girl can (and will) murder her! Though if the female senpai ever shows up, I'll make to not stab her to death or something (given the nature of the game, that's probably not possible though).

It saddens me that female senpai isn't available yet though. :( (maybe she is, this is the first Yandere Sim video I've watched in a while). With the gender-specific dialogue and stuff, it seems like she's not gonna be here for a while. :(

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

It saddens me that female senpai isn't available yet though. :( (maybe she is, this is the first Yandere Sim video I've watched in a while). With the gender-specific dialogue and stuff, it seems like she's not gonna be here for a while. :(

I am not aware of this. Has it been said that senpai can be a girl? like, officially?

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I am not aware of this. Has it been said that senpai can be a girl? like, officially?

I remember the creator saying that he was going to include it as an option at some point (might have remembered it incorrectly though). It's been like two years though, so I'm kind of doubting now if he's ever going to get around to it... here's hoping.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

flips posted:

Yes. It was confirmed by creator that there will be female version of senpai. He just didn't get to it yet since he is doing everything else and he is just 1 guy. It is still in QA since it was one of more frequently asked questions.

Q: Is there character customization? Do I have a selection of boys to stalk? Can I have a female "Senpai" instead of a male "Senpai"?
A: The player will be able to decide their Senpai's gender at the beginning of the game. I would also like to allow the player to customize the appearance of Senpai, as well as the appearance of the protagonist.

Minutoh posted:

Yandere Simulator Rivals
bunch of characters.

Soooo, it looks like it's going the incest route with the little sister character (unless she's not actually the little sister, I guess). This kind of turns me off from wanting to get the game

Idk why it turns out off. It isn't like you (Yandere) are dating her. And it clearly is just for variety of characters and there are all kind of cliches. Also from footage it clearly seems like it is more like one sided love/admiration so I doubt it is even a proper romance. She probably will just tick off Yandere cos she is too close to Senpai.

last edited at Sep 29, 2016 6:32AM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Ah, I see.

He seems to have a development roadmap, it might be somewhere further down the road.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014
Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

And it clearly is just for variety of characters and there are all kind of cliches.

And stupid names, don't forget about those.

SB69 Pairing: Rix x Mix incest Links: pixiv1 pixiv image set

The 1st one is definitely a reference to their UR+

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Rye posted:

And it clearly is just for variety of characters and there are all kind of cliches.

And stupid names, don't forget about those.

Whaaa? You mean naming a childhood friend, Childhood Friend in japanese isn't cleaver?

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

For anyone interested, the visual novel "Dead End Junction" has a pretty gay cowgirl protagonist. She calls almost every named female character in the story cute or pretty or beautiful; not to mention she and people who know her well state numerous times how she doesn't get along well with men. Lastly, I think that her childhood best friend pretty much falls under the trope of the love interest for the main character.

Oh, and for information about the visual novel itself it takes place in a western setting with cowboys and all that -- although replace Native Americans with a race that has half-human, half-animal (dog) features. I think it's actually well-written and the art style is pretty great which works well with the comic book style presentation. The localization is pretty stellar too in making the personality of the cast shine more, although they do have quite a bit of typos and grammatical errors, so all they're lacking is polish. It deals with issues around that time like racism and the effects of civil war, so it's pretty admirable for tackling topics like that. It's also by the team that did Cherry Tree High, so I guess that explains the yuri in this game.

BIG problem though, at least for me, is that the ending feels very much like a "book 1 of 3" kind of ending. The self-contained journey in this game is finished, but the overarching menace/problem/issue is still there and a lot of things are still not wrapped up. I guess on the bright side the team said their next game is an SRPG set in this setting, so there may be hope for a sequel.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Is it kinetic novel by chance?

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Is it kinetic novel by chance?

Oh yeah, sorry that I forgot to mention the thing that would probably be a huge deciding factor for a lot of people. It's kinetic. I am gonna say though as someone who prefers the presence of choices, the lack of them here helps make the story feel more focused; it's still understandable though if it being kinetic will make some people dismiss it.

This topic has been locked.