Forum › Posts by LumberingCrane

LumberingCrane
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

Nier is performing shit on my laptop :(

Barely got 30 fps on med setting and decreased resolution :(

Did you try lowering Global Illumination through FAR?

Through Nvidia Control Panel?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/524220/discussions/0/135512104777399045/

I like how I specifically said 'through FAR' and the clarification asked was if it was 'through Nvidia Control Panel'.

Anyways, there's also a fix for the pre-rendered cutscenes that are actually being shown for some (most?) people at a sub-30 framerate with stuttering and artifacts. It's on the Steam forums too.

LumberingCrane
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

Nier is performing shit on my laptop :(

Barely got 30 fps on med setting and decreased resolution :(

Did you try lowering Global Illumination through FAR?

LumberingCrane
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

I'd like to say "was there ever any doubt" about her sexuality and Rin's attraction but sadly there apparently was from other readers. Oh well, it seemed pretty obvious to me.

last edited at Mar 29, 2017 12:34AM

LumberingCrane
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

I wonder if there's going to be several improvements to the UI/Combat. This is the biggest issue with the game in my opinion. It's not very good to "play".

Haven't tried out any of the other enhanced editions of Baldur's Gate or Icewind Dale, but I think none of them had any drastic or major changes in combat. Their UI was touched up to scale well on modern systems, and they might have added some new minor adjustments or features to make some things less tedious to do (like the loot function in Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition), but it's not going to change things up like a remake would.

It's going to be better than the original in that you don't need to bother with mods to make it actually run, sure, but at the same time all those mods that ran on the original most likely won't work on the enhanced edition.

LumberingCrane
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition has been announced! Any excuse to replay that game I'll happily accept.

LumberingCrane
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

Though that swords guy was pretty fine character

Heh. I knew you'd somehow buy Rokurou and his honorable samurai shtick.

LumberingCrane
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

Forget animations, the movement in ME:A sucks. Just like it sucked in DA:I. It feels so clunky and you get stuck on nearly everything. Oh yeah that happens in Battlefield too but it is not as annoying! Not a fan of it, and it sucks out the enjoyment of the game.

The combat feels pretty meh too.

What happened to this?

Currently have too many games that I want to play, that ME:A has to wait before I buy it and maybe it will go on sale by the time I do.

What made you buy it anyways?

LumberingCrane
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

Berseria is worth it for Magilou alone. She's a treasure and nobody can say otherwise (they don't since everybody loves her anyways).

Magikazam!

LumberingCrane
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

I'm of the opinion that it's almost a requirement to play Tales of Zestiria before playing Tales of Berseria. There's so much parallelism and connections drawn between the two (especially with the cast) that you'd be missing out on a lot if you didn't.

LumberingCrane
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

Addition to the above, a Twitter thread by Jonathan Cooper, who worked on Mass Effect 1 and 2 on the subject of animations.

That's the only proper explanation I was able to read before all those comments you posted. The interesting part for me was when he said that they must have had lowered the quality of their base algorithm since they planned to hit every line by hand.

LumberingCrane
Anime season 27 Mar 10:17
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

They really changed the story up in the anime adaptation of Tales of Zestiria, and now their final episode is going to air a month from now for some reason. Kind of amazing how it feels rushed even though it's already been 24 episodes; I've watched a lot of anime with better pacing in just 12 episodes. Still, since it's Ufotable it's also one of the best looking anime recently.

Ha, I knew Princess Principal's character design looked very familiar. Kouhaku Kuroboshi's apparently one of the people in charge of character designs.

last edited at Mar 27, 2017 10:43AM

LumberingCrane
Image Comments 26 Mar 22:25
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016
61739245_p0

Thank you Shinjuku for spawning all of these fanart with Gudako wearing that suit.

LumberingCrane
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

This might explain some things:

"While the first three Mass Effect games were developed almost entirely by BioWare Edmonton, Mass Effect: Andromeda was developed by BioWare Montreal who was given complete creative control. This was done in order to allow BioWare Edmonton to begin working on a new intellectual property. Nonetheless, both BioWare Edmonton and BioWare Austin still played a supportive role during development." -Wikipedia

So basically the team who did Andromeda was an entirely different team than the ones who did the previous Mass Effect games.

LumberingCrane
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

Is this a re-release? I could have sworn that I've read this before.

Much more chapters of this series is already translated on Danbooru. Maybe that's where you read it.

LumberingCrane
Image Comments 25 Mar 23:18
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016
60671730_p0

^I still don't know why people bring up the source material considering KyoAni already diverged from it in a significant way when it came to some of the relationships. Contrary to what people posit, adaptations can definitely stray from the source material if they want to. Adaptations are standalone, at least insofar as canon is concerned.

LumberingCrane
Anime season 25 Mar 22:47
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

And Fate/Stay Night Heaven's Feel now has the additional title of " I - Presage Flower " which means that's now the title of the first movie of the trilogy.

Also Presage is defined as "a sign or warning that something, typically something bad, will happen; an omen or portent."

Since it's a movie, I wonder if Ufotable will go all out with how terrible Shinji was to Sakura (anybody who played the VN would know what I'm talking about). Ufotable did show a very explicit scene of sexual assault in Kara no Kyoukai, so it still might happen.

last edited at Mar 25, 2017 10:50PM

LumberingCrane
Anime season 25 Mar 22:36
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

Fate/Apocrypha's apparently airing on July 2017. It just needs to give me enough screentime for Mordred, Karna, and Astolfo, and I'm good.

LumberingCrane
Anime season 25 Mar 04:17
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

Given how far off it is, I wouldn't take any promotional material as entirely factual, be it the poster or the PV. ...Though it's most likely that SHAFT was told to use the male PC by the production committee

True, although I have to point out that the poster is far more indicative that he's the protagonist compared to the PV.

LumberingCrane
Anime season 25 Mar 02:53
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/ehiko13/status/845450017246609408

Sigh. Called it. So much for FeMC.

tell me its a lie. i showed this to my sister and now she's bitter.(maybe i should keep quite next time).

What's worse is that if it's going to follow the Extella/Zero storyline, the female protagonist is going to be relegated to be the fake version of the male protagonist since she's obviously going to be present based on the PV. Talk about adding insult to injury.

...But it's fine right? A lot of people are apparently content with just her appearing no matter what demeaning role she takes.

LumberingCrane
Anime season 25 Mar 00:20
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/ehiko13/status/845450017246609408

Sigh. Called it. So much for FeMC.

Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

Only thing better than this at this point is an added Ano route but that's unlikely to happen.

LumberingCrane
Anime season 24 Mar 06:16
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

kemono friends exist solely for the h doujin markets..

Are you trolling or do you just live in a world of your own?

WHAT?! Are you telling me that the 3D models and the tone of the anime aren't the hot new thing nowadays in the hen tie market? Nonsense, it's obviously tailored for that specific demographic of consumers. Why, it's even a late night show and it's been reported that the visits to zoos in Japan increased because of inspired viewers of Kemono Friends. They've obviously become primal with lust.

LumberingCrane
Anime season 24 Mar 00:08
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

Has that got anything to do with this stuff? The character designs for some of them look similar.

It would have been great if it was connected to Umineko. That VN got a bit crazy later on. Case in point, all three cousins actually fell in love with the three distinct personas of this one person that manifested as separate people throughout the story.

last edited at Mar 24, 2017 12:10AM

Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

MOBA as a term is too general anyway and doesn't really describe DOTA 2 or similar games well enough, but it's something that just stuck. 'Multiplayer Online Battle Arena' is something that is applicable on a lot of games that are very different to LoL or Dota.

LumberingCrane
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

So I've played 3 hours of Mass Effect Andromeda now. And most of that was spent in character creation..... the animations are a bit weird and the character creation is a bit lacking but i think i notice it more since people have mentioned it so much in reviews. None of this so far has turned me off though and the actual gameplay so far has been fine.

The really big cause of worry for me is the writing. People have been saying that it's pretty amateurish.