Forum › Posts by LumberingCrane

LumberingCrane
Image Comments 24 Feb 06:19
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016
Afp3vpm

Isn't this just a parody of the usual trope of "prodding some parts of another person's brain will somehow give you control over them"? Like what was said in the comment above, this was also used in Hunter x Hunter.

LumberingCrane
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

The Shadows of Pygmalion is now out on MangaGamer.

LumberingCrane
Image Comments 23 Feb 11:44
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016
C4oedj9vmaaprup

I appreciate the picture in the background as an extra detail.

Also, this is pretty much canon insofar as Hakunon did push her down onto the bed and they almost did it before Rin interrupted them by calling

LumberingCrane
AnoYuna discussion 23 Feb 11:00
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

When Ano freaks out and blushes after that choice, my heart fluttered.

:(

Illusion of choice. Illusion of choice. Illusion of choi--

Could've had two friends who could see ghosts help each other out and naturally get closer. Heck, she already was helping Yuna out even without knowing the context. Sigh.

LumberingCrane
Anime season 22 Feb 23:20
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

And it's never coming West (I'm guessing)... how unfair.

If it's ever going to get localized, it's most likely PQube who are going to do it. They localized both Steins;Gate 0 and Psycho-Pass, both of which are 5pb. developed games like this one. It probably depends on the series' popularity since .5pb did a bunch of console games based off of anime and only those two got localized.

It probably would end up like this one though and not get localized (which is also by .5pb -- released last year):

last edited at Feb 22, 2017 11:22PM

LumberingCrane
Anime season 22 Feb 21:32
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

What is the gameplay of the PS4/Vita game or is it just a VN?

"During Training Parts, your more experienced co-workers teach you and you learn skills. Your training parameters will change depending on which co-workers teach you.

The story will advance during Adventure Parts. You’ll be able to enjoy conversations with your co-workers and friends, and your friendships can change based on your responses. In the second half of the game, you can enjoy the individual episodes of the co-workers you became friends with in the previous parts, as well as trigger character routes."

So I guess it's divided into two parts with one of them being the visual novel portion.

EDIT: You'll be playing as Aoba by the way, in case anyone was worried it was going to be some random new character.

last edited at Feb 22, 2017 9:33PM

LumberingCrane
Anime season 22 Feb 20:58
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

...?!

Phew, I'm glad then that "handjob allusion" completely went over my head and will be something that I'll never be able to understand. It feels nice to have a detached and relaxed viewing experience.

LumberingCrane
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

Brilliant Shadows

Yep, it's a pretty neat game. +1

LumberingCrane
AnoYuna discussion 22 Feb 10:33
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

Only nitpick I have with the game is the illusion of choice it gave you. For example, one conversation led to this choice:

Ano

Hina

Whatever you choose doesn't matter since it's going to set you down a linear path (not even in the Telltale kind of linear). That's completely fine, except setting up expectations like that and then disappointing the player really leaves a bad aftertaste. Oh well, it's fairly good and the price is cheap for this kind of length for a VN. There are worse ways to spend your money.

LumberingCrane
Anime season 22 Feb 10:04
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

This must be the best CM so far. Gudako in a suit is A+

last edited at Feb 22, 2017 10:05AM

LumberingCrane
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

A new Karuha doujin is always nice to see.

LumberingCrane
Image Comments 19 Feb 23:40
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016
Tumblr_oleo44xrt81rs0zxko1_1280

I like her just because Persona 3 made a whole lot more sense playing as her. I can easily buy into the idea that this cheerful, upbeat girl is a social butterfly with all those social links rather than this aloof guy; it feels more natural. She has more dialogue options, better soundtrack, and better social links. It's just a better overall experience even without the yuri that was added in.

LumberingCrane
Image Comments 19 Feb 19:15
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

^That's because Persona 1 and the two Persona 2 games might as well not exist with the huge gap in popularity between them and Persona 3 onwards.

I was referring more to this recent picture when I say she's been forgotten:

"Yeah! Shigenori Soejima drew all of the Persona protagonists, right?! Th-that's all of them, right?!"

"..."

LumberingCrane
Image Comments 19 Feb 00:00
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

A moment of silence for the protagonist that Atlus seemingly forgot about after they made the game. Doesn't even have a canonical name.

LumberingCrane
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

https://gigidigi.itch.io/lady

Huh, it's been a while since I saw that. Yep, I remember it being pretty good.

LumberingCrane
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

Hah, that Psycho Pass visual novel is coming to steam anyways. Called it.

No hype for Danganronpa v3. One of the few times I was glad I spoiled myself. That bait and switch with the female protagonist (and the entire cast actually) is pretty awful. I was afraid they were going to do that, but I was still hopeful.

LumberingCrane
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

!!!

I hear DOTA 2 being mentioned in this vampire manga thread! Is it balanar's time to shine?

last edited at Feb 16, 2017 9:53AM

LumberingCrane
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

the statement "the author's own interpretation is not the only correct one" is not logically equivalent to "all interpretations of a fictional work are equally valid".

+1

LumberingCrane
Image Comments 14 Feb 23:30
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016
61183236_p0

Er, I guess it's nice that the fact that they both canonically have the same face doesn't bother either of them.

LumberingCrane
Image Comments 14 Feb 23:28
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016
60410918_p0

What's this a parody of?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Your_Name

LumberingCrane
akaiito project update 14 Feb 08:44
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

So I just checked out the g-docs of the Akai Ito translation project and...

"10 February 2017: Links removed. We are talking to localization companies!"

???
What is happening, is this life, is this beautiful and ancient PS2 Visual Novel actually going to get officially localized?! Who would even pick this up?!

LumberingCrane
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

you guys really took this line about sexual thing going on with the bite too far into nonsensical delusions fueled by each other.

Especially considering that the manga itself did not even hint at such extremes these delusions have taken things to.

To be expected from dynasty scans comment sections, not really surprised.

There's really no need to call people out and rudely dismiss what they say as delusions, especially when they actually tried to lay out where they're coming from + it didn't even seem vitriolic in any way (which is more than I can say about others). I had to double-check to see that this really is the comments section of a manga tagged with 'comedy' and yet quite a few of these comments have no chill.

LumberingCrane
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

I gotta say the "OMG THERE'S A HINT OF TESTOSTERONE IN MY PURE ESTROGEN FANTASY!" complaints are kind of odd.

Not really; it's par for the course at this point. I knew right as soon as this guy was introduced to have a fairly major role here that there are going to be comments being overly cautious about him. They're not exactly unfounded due to the nature of this genre and how it uses male characters but obviously the comments are still ridiculous.

LumberingCrane
Anime season 13 Feb 08:08
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

Alrighty then, I'll try to bring it back to anime now:

Ah, pure bliss <3. I wanted someone to do this and it actually happened.

last edited at Feb 13, 2017 8:17AM

LumberingCrane
Anime season 13 Feb 07:58
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

It is basically only thing they write on forum though. And it isn't just them. So many people here are so quit to "save" us disappointed informing us how different shows aren't going to end in yuri. The best example was Swap Swap discussion thread for good several pages instead of talking about characters, parings and manga in general it was full of people trying to convince us that this isn't yuri, girls are not gay and there is no way it will ever go full gay. Especially arguments how it wasn't published in yuri magazine hence there is 0% chance for it going yuri were seriously annoying. So yes at this point it is only annoying and I completely agree with Chantelune that I came here to discuss yuri and not to keep on hearing like nothing is yuri nowadays.

Haha, why am I the one being replied to? I'm not denying that there are people who do those things or how annoying they can be for others. Heck, I was just pointing out the misnomer "running joke" when koneko didn't seem to be joking. That's it really. And now it somehow came to this.