Forum › Posts by LumberingCrane

LumberingCrane
Anime season 22 Jan 11:36
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

Are you kidding me? That preview was crazy, I love it. This rather scared looking and petite girl suddenly turns into literally Broly. Who, based on looks alone, seems like they could break a normal saiyan in half.

That. Is. Amazing. If someone were to say that would happen even a week ago I would think they were reading too much fanfiction.

Meeting Room:

A: "I think it's about time we finally introduce a female Saiyan. Here are all the character designs we've accumulated over the years trying to create the perfect one to introduce into the series."

B: "Hmm...we need to show that she's incredibly powerful in the most obvious way possible while also being something familiar to the viewers."

C in the corner fiddling with their pen: "Heh, so what, something like Broly?"

All heads turn to C

last edited at Jan 22, 2017 11:56AM

LumberingCrane
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

Finally had time and finished Fate/Extella yesterday. Considering this is from the person who turned a mobile mobage game into a full-fledged visual novel, I'm not surprised that this game has a fairly substantial amount of text too. the story is great, and for those looking for yuri they would find it in the first 5 minutes at most depending on how fast you read. From then on it doesn't stop with the romantic interactions with the three heroines in-game. This game also fully establishes/re-establishes that Sakura Tange and Chiwa Saito are amazing voice actresses.

Happy (Yuri) End...GET! (spoilers):
http://i.imgur.com/q798ErK.jpg

LumberingCrane
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

Not saying a bad things, just something that is holding it back.

...Holding it back from what? All of the other Fate series just add to the overall lore since they all share the same history to take heroic spirits from anyways. It's not like the writer is preoccupied with the other series since they're all written by different writers each. There's also only one "sequel" to the original Fate/Stay Night: Fate/Hollow Ataraxia, which follows none of the routes. Lastly, there are no more stories that can be told with the mainline series.

LumberingCrane
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

Wait Saber is a lez in Fate games?!

Wasn't she like straight in anime?

...Um. Right then.

First of all, Saber is a class, so there're multiple Sabers.

Second, Artoria Pendragon (saber in the anime) is canonically bisexual.

Third, the saber I'm talking about is Nero Claudius (who is also bisexual). I already posted a screenshot of her in a post a while back in this thread. It's fairly recent. She looks exactly like Artoria. Here's the link:

http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/249159

last edited at Jan 17, 2017 2:19AM

LumberingCrane
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

A-anyways, moving on...

Pre-loaded Extella a few days ago, so I get to play it as soon as it got released. Already has a lot of yuri in the first few interactions thanks to Saber. That whole spiel about it being a standalone game is nonsense though. It seems to like inserting references from the previous games here, so there's nothing standalone about this.

Edit: Also, because this game takes place at the end of the Holy Grail War and Nero and Hakuno (FeMC) are already close, Nero is more affectionate now than she ever has been from the start.

Seriously, the levels of flirting here is unreal; mostly because of Hakuno herself though, which is the most surprising part. In the previous games she usually just takes all the flirting from all the women around her in stride, and now she's much more reactive to them. Even Nero is taken aback.

For some reason Tamamo uses plural pronouns now to refer to herself though. The game also reuses the soundtrack from CCC, which is completely fine by me since it was pretty good.

last edited at Jan 17, 2017 3:06AM

LumberingCrane
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

Kindred Spirits on the Rooftop is all quality.

But i don't feel as much others.

Have you ever played 'Kiss for Petals'? It's far better than Kindred so far.

I don't think there're many people who haven't heard of Sono Hanabira at this point. I'd have to respectfully disagree though on that last statement. While Sono Hanabira isn't bad, kindreds is just better imo because of its characters and the dynamic of each relationship in-game (not just romantic). Especially the characters though. I remember when I played the New Generation Sono Hanabira game (The one with three couples released last year), I still thought that Kindreds had more grounded characters and less cliche dialogue than this one. Plus, every so often some Kindreds background music will just pop into my head and get stuck there, especially the one with the humming. They must have done something right with the music for that to happen.

Only issue I had with it is that the presence of choices made me think there were some form of routes in the game, so that seemed misleading. Also putting my bias in I feel like Ano was greatly underutilized and what kind of injustice was that.

last edited at Jan 15, 2017 10:45PM

LumberingCrane
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

Only thing that mattered was the shaft head-tilt in the end. I understood nothing nor did I need to.

last edited at Jan 15, 2017 10:44AM

LumberingCrane
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

I finally reached this particular (gay) event flag:

Bonus: (Saber's Reaction)

LumberingCrane
Image Comments 14 Jan 06:11
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016
C1vqub9veaaq8-g

^But Gudako is getting a nendoroid that you can pose with nendoroid mashu, so really, who's the real winner here?

LumberingCrane
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

My prediction is all the gimmicky launch games tossed together to show off the new technology will be utterly forgotten within three months. Then maybe a year or even two later, someone will come up with some decent games that take advantage of it.

That kind of sounds familiar. I am reminded of how the early launch titles of Xbox One and PS4 were a bunch of graphical showcases of the machines instead of actually mechanically polished games. Except it felt like it took longer than a year or two before the good stuff came in.

Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2BPrPHUUAAoc3C.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2BP_cfUkAAWI45.jpg

She might not have been chosen as the protagonist of the Fate/GO anime special, but she got a nendoroid. It's a good trade; especially with that Riyo faceplate. A+.

last edited at Jan 13, 2017 5:23AM

Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

Oh great, now y'all gonna be makin' "yo momma" jokes 'bout me!

Wait...if you're our collective mother, and we make "yo momma" jokes at each other, doesn't that mean we're all insulting our own mothers anyways?

LumberingCrane
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

Elizabeth and the MC totally have sex at the very end of her link, though. I can't interpret what she says about inviting someone to be alone in a bedroom with you, and then you spending the evening together, as anything else.

Especially since she specifically mentions that the way she likes FeMC is different from the one with her sister; which makes one of the dialogue choices "Uh...that means we're gal pals, right?!" pretty funny.

last edited at Jan 12, 2017 7:03PM

LumberingCrane
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

LumberingCrane posted:

Yep, that's why I stated that they specifically mention they're bisexual and that it's intentional. By the way, I don't know why people seem to not remember this part, but Saber specifically mentions that:
"Bishonen is good."
"Bishoujo is better."

Saber specifically mentions in a discussion regarding her sexuality that she thinks pretty girls are better than pretty boys.

Caster also says "To be honest, it's somewhat easier if I had a male as my master. But! If you're uncomfortable doing...certain things, I can fix that with my magic." Or something to that extent. Caster can shapeshift so, think what you will about what this line implies.

Since I'm mostly focusing on Fate/Extra already, might as well say that in 4 days Fate/Extella is coming out on the PS4 and PS Vita, and this game definitely has yuri elements if you pick FeMC again.

Edit: Speaking of FeMCs, surprised that no one mentioned Persona 3 Portable yet. Aside from Elizabeth's "trying to be ambiguous but not really" end with her dates, Aigis' Social Link is filled with Gay Angst™ later on, not to mention FeMC also does the closest thing to robot sexual intercourse with Aigis by exchanging genetic info through touching of an important and sensitive body part that would cause her to make "strange noises." Never actually really saw that part with Aigis that way until Tvtropes pointed that one out.

There's also Soul Nomad & the World Eaters, which is a PS2 srpg from Nippon Ichi(the best one I've played imo) that has one ambiguous yuri ending and one clear-cut yuri ending with yet again another FeMC.

last edited at Jan 12, 2017 6:51PM

LumberingCrane
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

I wouldn't say the script is entirely the same between genders. For examples in /Extra, Saber will mention that she is also attracted to girls if you play as a girl and start romancing her, and Caster says she does not care what gender you are if you say "You know I'm a girl, right?" when she talks about marrying you.

Small things, but the acknowledgement is there.

Yep, that's why I stated that they specifically mention they're bisexual and that it's intentional. By the way, I don't know why people seem to not remember this part, but Saber specifically mentions that:
"Bishonen is good."
"Bishoujo is better."

Saber specifically mentions in a discussion regarding her sexuality that she thinks pretty girls are better than pretty boys.

Caster also says "To be honest, it's somewhat easier if I had a male as my master. But! If you're uncomfortable doing...certain things, I can fix that with my magic." Or something to that extent. Caster can shapeshift so, think what you will about what this line implies.

last edited at Jan 12, 2017 12:02PM

LumberingCrane
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016
  • There's also Embric of Wulfhammer's castle, it's a free game made in rpg maker, I really liked this one.

This definitely surprised me too. It doesn't look impressive at first glance, but it's actually really good. I also highly recommend this.

LumberingCrane
Alice discussion 12 Jan 06:32
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

Well, it feels like a Komura Ayumi story. Much like UsoLily or Mori no Takuma-san. She likes "subversive" couples, but not too much.

It's published in Margaret after all, which is a mainstream shoujo magazine. It's cute and fluffy, but doesn't challenge the consensus.

She goes out of her way to point that it's an "all girls school", that the "prince" wants to be married and have children at some point and that this relationship will probably not survive graduation.

So, meh.

^It IS cliché. It follows all the tropes of the shoujo manga, about a girl being close to the school's idol when all the other girls keep each other in check, and being bullied, but being strong about it and trying to protect them and being the only one to understand them, etc, etc... but I do love tomboys. Though the prince isn't very tomboyish except in appearance.

Give me Kase-san any day. That's an assertive tomboy.

+1, especially the last line.

LumberingCrane
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

whether their lesbian romances qualifies as yuri is up for debate

um...
...what?

LumberingCrane
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

Does Touhou Project actually have yuri canonically? I'm pretty sure it's all from the doujin, it's more "squint really hard during the few moments of interactions between bullet hell" kind of thing. GrimGrimoire definitely requires less squinting, it's pretty easy to see the yuri moments in that game.

Some Atelier games have some yuri if you focus on their interactions. Summon Night 5 is an srpg that has a legitimate non-subtext yuri route with your kouhai and a summon/cross in the game refers to you as onee-sama and is very affectionate with FeMC too. Summon Night Swordcraft story (and its sequel) has a lot of blatant yuri content, especially if you pick the female summon.

Fate/Extra and Fate/Extra CCC has so many since the script/dialogue/every written word is exactly the same between female and male protagonist - so every female character that develops any kind of attraction to the protagonist does so regardless of gender; not to mention it's specifically mentioned that they're bisexual, so it's intentional. Another result from the same script is that FeMC shows attraction to female characters + I actually haven't encountered a single moment where she's attracted to male characters, so it's pretty much impossible to play a straight FeMC in these games. In short, the script is so very obviously written with a heterosexual male protagonist in mind, but since they basically copy and pasted the same script for the female protagonist, it becomes incredibly gay while also inadvertently creating a really strong female protagonist. Top recommendation for these jrpgs in terms of yuri.

Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

wonders who Ulquiorra is but decides not to ask about him

Oh dear. Oooh, dear.

Also, good morning!

last edited at Jan 11, 2017 10:52AM

Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

By the way, Takemiya Jin just did a collaboration with Kitao Taki for a Fate/GO work. This is great. This is literally a little more than a week since she started playing the game. She's falling deeper into the game. Yes. Good.

https://twitter.com/takemiya_game/status/818851153823690752

Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

...Where would they even go to chat with other users in this website for random off-topic things?

Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

Neat, today I learned that the alternate tags for images work when you're searching for specific stuff too! I thought that was there for clarity's sake.

LumberingCrane
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

Tales of Berseria demo came out on PC and PS4 - tried out the PC version. It's really short. It's nice that it's 60 fps, but the antialiasing (at max settings) is pretty horrid because it's causing this shimmering effect on the edges of the character models. The only way I found to fix that was to play the game at 4K. Gameplay had a few added stuff, but still mostly felt the same.

The first skit 2-3 seconds into the demo was how deceiving women's appearances are, where the two guys on the party just tell the kid on the party to not fall for women's tricks or something equally ridiculous. Velvet seems to have no chill as advertised. Magilou seems as fun as advertised. This adult cast of party members just makes me miss my goofy kids from Zestiria.

LumberingCrane
Anime season 10 Jan 07:07
Hakuno
joined Apr 12, 2016

It's not yaoi, it's a sports series where the romance plot just happens to be gay.

Another reason why it's a big deal, and why it's great. I hope more shows follow this trend.