Forum › A "small" topic for video games

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013
A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Sexy

I didn't know a VG adaption of Cronenberg's movies was being made.

Long live the new flesh!

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

umm...YGO go? it's VERY basic atm but still.

btw if anyone wants a link for AM2R I can upload my folder(or the original .rar), just ask away yay 100%...5 hours I suck XD

YES!! The next update for Gay Fates will include a S support for the two best girls!

Sweet! I should really patch the thing already...that and the undub.
EDIT: Pffffft I can do my Awakening OTP?! ....well then, time to play this one again.

last edited at Aug 13, 2016 2:42AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Sexy

Long live the new flesh!

It's odd that the immediate connection is H.R. Geiger, but I see more connection to the old Metal Hurlant / Heavy Metal artists of the 80s like Möebius, Phillipe Druillet, Jim Burns, Richard Corben (particularly his monster design), Enki Bilal, etc. But I guess Geiger is the go-to guy for biomechanics so I shan't begrudge him the position.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Sexy

Long live the new flesh!

It's odd that the immediate connection is H.R. Geiger, but I see more connection to the old Metal Hurlant / Heavy Metal artists of the 80s like Möebius, Phillipe Druillet, Jim Burns, Richard Corben (particularly his monster design), Enki Bilal, etc. But I guess Geiger is the go-to guy for biomechanics so I shan't begrudge him the position.

The landscapes do suggest a bit of Giger (even though his works always seemed more "mecha" than "bio" to me), and now that Heavy Metal was mentioned, Serpieri's art kinda came to mind somehow (can't say I'm much familiar with Heavy Metal artists in general). I can't not say that the gun didn't scream eXinstenZ or Videodrome to me tho.

last edited at Aug 13, 2016 3:06PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Sexy

Long live the new flesh!

The landscapes do suggest a bit of Giger (even though his works always seemed more "mecha" than "bio" to me), and now that Heavy Metal was mentioned, Serpieri's art kinda came to mind somehow (can't say I'm much familiar with Heavy Metal artists in general). I can't not say that the gun didn't scream eXinstenZ or Videodrome to me tho.

tbh there's another artist from those days who this stuff reminds me of quite a lot, but I can't really bring the name to mind. I know what you mean about Geiger though, there's a more industrial feel to his stuff than this.

Some scenes make me want a thoughtful exploration of themes than Just Another FPS though. This is dripping with style, but it's the bits that suggest this isn't an unrelenting horror to its denizens that really grabs me. Such as where the figure is practically snuggling into its cavity, suggestive of physical comfort despite what appears to be grossness from human eyes.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

FFXV delayed to November 29, time to commit onigiri-wait, a 30 minutes gameplay video coming tomorrow? YES!!
This is actually pretty convenient, been spending a lot on computer and photography equipment recently so these two months should be the breather my wallet needs before acquiring a PS4

last edited at Aug 15, 2016 9:13AM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8P2CZg3sJQ
New disappointment discovered : No Man's Sky

Hype culture at its finest.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

No Man's Sky was hyped to levels I could not understand.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Hype was fueled by vagueness, and lies.
they kept everything as vague as possible, not responding clearly, not denying anything, and flat-out lying.

It's amazing how ppl still defend this. But oh well, ppl defend anything on the internet, even those guys with slot-machine websites for cs:go weapon skins who faked videos to promote em, not telling anyone that they are actually the owners of the website... yes ppl defended that.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Maybe Sean Murray can make an apology video with a dog. V:

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Hype was fueled by vagueness, and lies.
they kept everything as vague as possible, not responding clearly, not denying anything, and flat-out lying.

It's amazing how ppl still defend this. But oh well, ppl defend anything on the internet, even those guys with slot-machine websites for cs:go weapon skins who faked videos to promote em, not telling anyone that they are actually the owners of the website... yes ppl defended that.

Well, that's pretty disappointing... No Man's Sky looked so great in all the pre-release stuff, but I guess this kind of thing really shouldn't be a surprise these days. I was reading this thing on Reddit that showed all the false promises HG made, and it made me even more disappointed... I would link it but I don't know how to here.

For more positive news, Ladykiller in a Bind (or My Twin Brother Made Me Crossdress as Him And Now I Have to Deal With A Geeky Stalker and a Domme Beauty Who Want Me In A Bind if you prefer that name) is releasing on September 23rd for 30 dollars. If I'm not mistaken, I think it's Christine Love's first actual yuri story (and a pretty explicit one to boot). Digital and Analogue have the typical blank slate protagonist (though I haven't Analogue yet so perhaps it's not) and, while don't take it personally, babe, it just ain't your story (guess Love loves long titles) had a yuri couple, it was kind of offset by the het student/teacher route... I mean, I usually run through all the routes in a VN, but FUCK THAT SHIT. I'm pretty hyped for it, especially the whole social manipulation thing, but... considering what I was just talking about, it'd probably be better to wait and see. The demo's up on the website if you're interested and I found it pretty entertaining.

last edited at Aug 16, 2016 6:31PM

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

My overhype sensors triggered really early during the development of No Man's Sky.

The clincher had to be when they started talking about procedural generation of worlds and a "massive universe" despite the game being in development for less than a year at the time. I've been in the space sim/space flight genre for awhile, and the only successful, large-scale game universes in the genre were created manually with massive amounts of development time poured into them.

Sure, it would've been great if NMS had miraculously invented the silver bullet algorithm of procedural video game content development. But you don't bank on claims like that.

last edited at Aug 16, 2016 6:42PM

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

No Man's Hype

All they ever talked about was how there are SO MANY PLANETS and you can DO WHATEVER YOU WANT.

So I never had an idea of what the game was actually about until it came out... oh it's another survival game.

last edited at Aug 16, 2016 6:50PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Apparently there's rather a lot of nastiness surrounding No Man's Sky, so just a reminder for folks to avoid indulging in that stuff too much. The stuff so far is fine, but if we can try to keep stuff on the more lighthearted side for the most part, that'd be lovely of you.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Ugh, fine. I'll try not to run around shouting "CALLED IT." I'll just stand here and quietly tell people so.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

I fell for this hype once before... Spore. :(

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

ok, I'll drop that topic and put up a good one

https://yurination.wordpress.com/2016/08/14/a-kiss-for-the-petals-new-generation-coming-to-the-west/

More official english releases for Sono Hanabira ^^

joined Jun 12, 2015

Flowers -Le volume sur printemps- available now on steam!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/452440/

joined Jan 8, 2016

Not for me it isn't.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Not for me it isn't.

Valve fucked up regional availability. For now it's only available in US.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

This topic has been locked.