Forum › Anime season

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Oh WOW Release The Spyce looks SOOO MUCH better than what I've expected
https://youtu.be/SAOueRUVqnw
Is like the concept of princess principal but maybe done even better? who knows! (I'm yet to finish PP btw... I just lack interest)

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Ah! you mean you dropped Attack on Titan? can't be helped, this political arc is by far the worse of the series ... And it was rushed A LOT in the anime! lol, but is pretty much about to change drastically in the next two weeks.

Eh....I think I just don't feel invested in the characters/setting/story anymore +my underanime struggle and got bored after 2 episodes. It's possible that I just got burned out, I DID play the AoT2 game every day for like a whole month.

Super late reply OOF

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

my holy god! that new happy sugar life episode.. it hit me so fucking hard! i had to sit for like 20 mins just to stop myself from shivering! props to the animators and directors for this insane episode!(and to ReoNa for her awesome singing voice) it's really hard to make a good horror/dark anime so they did a great job!

last edited at Sep 8, 2018 10:44AM

joined Feb 15, 2013

my holy god! that new happy sugar life episode.. it hit me so fucking hard! i had to sit for like 20 mins just to stop myself from shivering! props to the animators and directors for this insane episode!(and to ReoNa for her awesome singing voice) it's really hard to make a good horror/dark anime so they did a great job!

What's a pussy!! I watched it at 7pm during dinner, now is 3am , still can't sleep yet....

Half-joking aside, Happy Sugar Life probably is the only anime series that actually enhanced the manga experiences for me. The animation, and directing, and music are superb. Artfully in fact. And it's a faithful adaptation too, not like the Dragon maid waifu one where KyoAni created almost a new series based on original source of materials. I actually was wishing that I didn't read the manga beforehand just so I wouldn't know what coming up next

In fact, I afraid that the anime director was doing so well with playing with our heart string, that anime-only viewers are thinking of Satou as irredeemable. And with only 3-4 episode to go(?) I don't know they will have time to adapt everything and turn us around. I remember the manga hit me quite hard as well, but back then I had one whole month to cool off.

I means basic math. The 1st episode covered the first chapter. But since then it was 23 chapters were adapted into 8 episodes (average 3 each). There are at least another 16 chapters to go. Can they cram all of the backstory into just 1 episode and still keep the emotions in tact?

last edited at Sep 9, 2018 1:27PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

https://youtu.be/O3VO4zinUOI this looks sooooooooo bad hahahaha

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

...I'm not quite ready to write off the actual series, but that is an amazingly poor PV

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

What's a pussy!! I watched it at 7pm during dinner, now is 3am , still can't sleep yet....

Half-joking aside, Happy Sugar Life probably is the only anime series that actually enhanced the manga experiences for me. The animation, and directing, and music are superb. Artfully in fact. And it's a faithful adaptation too, not like the Dragon maid waifu one where KyoAni created almost a new series based on original source of materials. I actually was wishing that I didn't read the manga beforehand just so I wouldn't know what coming up next

In fact, I afraid that the anime director was doing so well with playing with our heart string, that anime-only viewers are thinking of Satou as irredeemable. And with only 3-4 episode to go(?) I don't know they will have time to adapt everything and turn us around. I remember the manga hit me quite hard as well, but back then I had one whole month to cool off.

I means basic math. The 1st episode covered the first chapter. But since then it was 23 chapters were adapted into 8 episodes (average 3 each). There are at least another 16 chapters to go. Can they cram all of the backstory into just 1 episode and still keep the emotions in tact?

I'm pretty sure they're going for an anime original ending. that's surely doesn't sound good, but it was expected, and a second season or a 24 eps adaptation don't seem to fit this manga's format anyway(that's assuming if they were possible in the first place). i don't actually have complaints if they managed to pull a good and an unrushed ending, but who am i kidding, almost all anime original endings suck, but it would be amazing if they actually pulled it off somehow. however, the animation, the direction, the voice actiing and the music of this show might actually make me forgive them for the anime-original ending, and can even make me hope for a good one at that!

i literally have no idea what i just watched.

last edited at Sep 10, 2018 6:36PM

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Comedy of the Year tbh.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hinata is ruining my mountain subtext T-T

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

Hisone to Masotan got some yuri.
https://imgur.com/a/eZYtflu
pretty unexpected for govt propaganda anime.

Jashin Dropkick got nice valentine ep
Ninja nonsense got some kinda yuri..

last edited at Sep 14, 2018 8:08PM

joined Dec 16, 2013

Comedy of the Year tbh.

moar gore anime!

joined Dec 16, 2013

girl last tour
is the pilot dead? is this the pilot bones? RIP.
https://mangadex.org/chapter/205848/7

last edited at Sep 15, 2018 5:35PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

koneko posted:

girl last tour

Everyone is dead

joined Jan 21, 2015

Hinata is ruining my mountain subtext T-T

Two weeks later, all the miscommunication was a bit irritating but the payoff was worth it! That's what I love about Hinata and Aoi–while they do bicker a lot, they also have genuine moments where they say how much they care about each other instead of being eternally tsundere about it.

Apparently Hanebado has one episode left and this adaptation straight up rewriting parts of the manga was a bold move... I'm not sure it worked, though. I get why they got rid of characters and entire subplots to cram that one arc into 13 episodes, but then why all the original material? What are they doing with the mom situation, and why did they turn Ayano into such a prick? I don't get the logic behind the staff's decisions and that (along with the ramped-up melodrama) makes it hard to enjoy the ride even though they're doing an outstanding job at animating it.
Although my biggest frustration with the series was actually carried over from the source material: so many girls and you have to squint to see anything yuri! It's all either fanservice or "we're just like family" (riiight). Huge waste if you ask me.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Now that I'm reading the translated chapters of Hanebado manga... There was a perfect character as an enemy for Hanesaki, and she was evil by nature... do I really don't understand what was the fucking point of making Connie all like a crazy bitch in the anime instead? when she's shown to be really nice with her team maters? I couldn't forgive the adaptation.
It was a really nice ending for Yama no susume, for the last part, it would be nice to make it a movie about Fuji san. Also, their shared secrets made me worried about stuff like "I like X-kun from next class" T-T that was just me?

last edited at Sep 25, 2018 1:47PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Okay, next season in yuri:

Yagate Kimi ni Naru / Bloom Into You: You should know what this is. I am a bit worried that they'll have to make up an ending, though

Release the Spyce: Spy action series from Namori and the guy responsible for YuYuYu! The question isn't if it'll have yuri, but if it'll have a decent plot

Uchi no Maid ga Uzasugiru!: Oh hey, onee-loli anime is a thing now. I found the manga to be one of the more off-putting examples, though

Akanesasu Shoujo / The Girl in Twilight: Has an all-female cast. Also features high production values, an interesting concept, and a pretty good writer. One of the more promising shows of the season, in general

Anima Yell: It's a CGDCT series. Animation looks a bit iffy, though

Senran Kagura Shinovi Master: Senran Kagura has always had yuri elements, if just for titillation. This show looks pretty unlikely to be good, though

Sora to Umi no Aida: We skipped over "cute girls fishing" and went straight to "cute girls fishing in space". So, same odds of yuri as any CGDCT shows, but the odds of it being worth watching are less clear

Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san / Ms. vampire who lives in my neighborhood: Yuri crush

Double Decker: Maybe? It's a Tiger & Bunny spinoff, but has a couple female pairs featured as well as the main male one. Also, having seen the first episode, it's quite good

Operation Han-Gyaku-Sei Million Arthur: I really have no idea what the show is going to be like, but I do note that all of the characters have female partners, so it won't be a huge surprise if there's a yuri relationship or two

Zombieland Saga: Mostly female cast, with the one guy appearing to be some sort of weirdo authority figure. Of course, if it's not significantly better than it's PV, even going full yuri won't make worth watching

Other stuff: Some big name sequels in the form of Index, Jojo, and SAO, and I hear good things about the slime show

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

girl last tour

I don't know if those are the pilot's bones or not, but it certainly is heavily implied that with the passing of Yuuri and Chito we are looking at the end of mankind and the final silence of the world.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Yagate Kimi ni Naru / Bloom Into You: You should know what this is. I am a bit worried that they'll have to make up an ending, though

I haven't caught up with the manga because I forgot where I left off but main target for sure!

Senran Kagura Shinovi Master: Senran Kagura has always had yuri elements, if just for titillation. This show looks pretty unlikely to be good, though

LOL! I think it's probably worth watching it, even if I don't like the direction the franchise is going atm. The Homura squad can carry the show by themselves....unless it becomes the Yumi show...then uh...RIP

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

LOL! I think it's probably worth watching it, even if I don't like the direction the franchise is going atm. The Homura squad can carry the show by themselves....unless it becomes the Yumi show...then uh...RIP

...They're advertising it as the Yumi show. As someone who's not really up on the franchise, my concerns were more the massive cast, terrible staff, and shitty animation, though

joined Jan 21, 2015

I really don't understand what was the fucking point of making Connie all like a crazy bitch in the anime instead? when she's shown to be really nice with her team maters?

Yeah that was ridiculous, but I'd say that Connie actually got off pretty easy compared to what they did to Nagisa in the first two episodes and Ayano in the second half. In any case, definitely stick with the manga.

Also, their shared secrets made me worried about stuff like "I like X-kun from next class" T-T that was just me?

I had that thought, but I figure that if one of them had mentioned a boy the other would have teased her way more over it. Remember, Hinata still teases Aoi about some guy from grade school! We got some nice subtext this season, my favorite episode in terms of yuri was the first one with the night hiking definitely-not-a-date.

joined Mar 11, 2016

Also, their shared secrets made me worried about stuff like "I like X-kun from next class" T-T that was just me?

I had that thought, but I figure that if one of them had mentioned a boy the other would have teased her way more over it. Remember, Hinata still teases Aoi about some guy from grade school! We got some nice subtext this season, my favorite episode in terms of yuri was the first one with the night hiking definitely-not-a-date.

....and them being metaphysically related as told by Kokona. :x Tho in one of the last episodes the two of them were declared BFF. xD

Isn't there going to be a Touhou based anime in upcoming anime season?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Autumn posted:

....and them being metaphysically related as told by Kokona. :x Tho in one of the last episodes the two of them were declared BFF. xD

I've heard it was just a short clip and nothing else, released with some artwork and music

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

There will never be an official Touhou anime

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Happy sugar life - What could have been ;_;

https://imgur.com/LiCCcvu (spoilers)

Uchi no Maid ga Uzasugiru!: Oh hey, onee-loli anime is a thing now. I found the manga to be one of the more off-putting examples, though

The upcomming Yuri hime oneeloli anime is a way better example of it, yes.

Now to wait for the Itou Oneeloli anime, who do we need to sacrifice for it?

last edited at Sep 28, 2018 3:46PM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

...They're advertising it as the Yumi show. As someone who's not really up on the franchise, my concerns were more the massive cast, terrible staff, and shitty animation, though

Oh ok. I didn't look up the staff, just PVs...well....double OOF

To reply you must either login or sign up.