Forum › Anime season

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Zexalfan posted:

Witch and the beast has yuri kissing.

No romance though, but I though it should be mentioned here.

And how is the show in general?

It is very entertaining with mystery and refined style but lots of death and gore too, is about a world that's pretty used to magic and witches, as for the yuri kissing I wouldn't recommend it if you're a yuri fan looking for more content is not about romance or accident, is to break a curse so there's no feelings involved, and the girl protagonist appears to be a man trapped in a woman's body, and clearly not happy about it... I don't know if that changes in the manga later on

last edited at Mar 8, 2024 1:55PM

Stella Itzelle
joined Oct 29, 2023

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Zexalfan posted:

Witch and the beast has yuri kissing.

No romance though, but I though it should be mentioned here.

And how is the show in general?

It is very entertaining with mystery and refined style but lots of death and gore too, is about a world that's pretty used to magic and witches, as for the yuri kissing I wouldn't recommend it if you're a yuri fan looking for more content is not about romance or accident, is to break a curse so there's no feelings involved, and the girl protagonist appears to be a man trapped in a woman's body, and clearly not happy about it... I don't know if that changes in the manga later on

I somehow pissed that part, I should really pay more attention

On winter anime,

Pon no Michi - CGDT of thhe season

Did indeed turn out to be a very standard CGDT.. without heavy subtext. Has mahjong though.

Metallic Rouge - Praying it will be andriod yuri, it has been a while since that GitS spin-off aired[8 years]

Very shippable, but not canon.

The Weakest Tamer Began a Journey to Pick Up Trash
No other important female characters, but all the male characters are all father figures to the MC. Has zero romance.

Tis Time for "Torture," Princess

The only important male side character is the demon lord. It has 2 female side characters who are very close and shippable.

Frieren, the tsundere yuri pairing shows up in the 2nd cour.

none-yuri LGBT stuff,

Bravern, the 2 male leads are gay as hell and it can't be more obvious unless they made out on screen.
Mashle S2, Macaron, a character introduced this season, is non-binary.

last edited at Mar 11, 2024 12:13PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

https://i.imgur.com/jiCN0HV.jpeg

If there's one thing he will be remembered for, it's this. Not Dragon Ball. Not Arale. Not the Arale ufo, which is pretty iconic on its own.

No, he will be remembered for a water drop with a smiley face on it.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

The Many Sides of Voice Actor Radio | OFFICIAL TRAILER:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKxaO-nqeNk

Also, Jellyfish Can't Swim At Night will be streaming on HiDive
https://x.com/HIDIVEofficial/status/1767227645647806816?s=20

And Whisper Me a Love Song:

https://x.com/hidiveofficial/status/1767987014530465894?s=46&t=am84hT2clon9vvyt4k_SAg

Oh, and "I've been killing slimes for 300 years..." is getting a second season in 2025

last edited at Mar 13, 2024 3:20PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

About the protagonist of killing slimes, does she ever feel romantic love? Or are all of them just daughters and maids to her? I remember feeling annoyed at Kobayashi for this but even she had some development in that part...but I don't know about the other one.

Jellyfish looks very nice!

joined Jan 6, 2017

Well, the anime did tone up the yuri a little bit, but no. The novels continue to have subtext-adjacent stuff but they're not yuri. Laika is still her "little sister", Beelzebub is her "older sister", Pecora is her Class-S little sister, etc

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

yeah, I'd say its more found family slice-of-life vibes than anything. But Beelzebub does want to share custody of the daughters.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

They never commit to anything but there are several characters who actively make passes at her, so it's more than we get from other series of its kind~

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Yuru Camp Season 3 Trailer has been released:
https://x.com/yurucamp_anime/status/1768200394746827204?s=20

AirMasterHoney
joined May 29, 2020

A follow up for the winter season now that most of the shows are ending. Not following up on every show I mentioned since I didn't watch them/someone else has already done a well enough update/no real change from what was initially reported.

Gushing Over Magical Girls: I haven't watched the anime yet since I'm waiting for the "Super uncensored" version on the Blu-Ray, but I did read the manga to a bit past where the anime adapted and I've seen peoples's post about it. It went all the way with the "Room you can't leave unless you have sex" probably being one of the highlights. With it being such a success and BD pre-orders already selling out, it seems like a season 2 will happen.

Delicious in Dungeon: so, turns out this is actually getting 24 episodes so we can actually get more Falin and Marcille moments. So far in the one ep of them being back together we got a bath and bed scene full of subtext

Mato Seihei no Slave (Chained Soldier): one of the girls clearly has a crush on her commander. Also, getting a second season so it might be possible to reach that supposed yuri that happens later in the manga.

Metallic Rouge: "She's my best stranger". Nice little moment.

'Tis Time for "Torture," Princess: from ep 5 onwards the subtext is more noticeable, especially with the introduction of a certain Vampire girl.

Urusei Yatsura (2022) 2nd Season: so far nothing big with Ryuunosuke but the season isn't over yet.

Pon no Michi: other than one joke about one of the girls getting a gift like a boyfriend would, not really any subtext. Still a good show and seems like we'll get a second season based on the ending.

And now for the surprise of the season: Honkai Star Rail Acheron and Black Swan's animated short. Pretty clear yuri with this one but the official Honaki Star Rail tik tok added text over the video to make it even more blatant.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

I's wild how different the quality focus can be in 3D anime.
On one hand we got Girls Band Cry with amazingly lively (and fruity) looking character animation and expressions especially! And on the other hand we got Highspeed Etoile which has super high res renders of futuristic motorsports cars but characters that are barely more than moving cardboard cutouts xD

Related: Jellyfish can't swim in the Night is also super hecking pretty and reaaal gay. Some good food this season

last edited at Apr 6, 2024 1:57PM

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Jellyfish is looking like it'll be a great show! Just watched episode 1 and it looks fantastic (and really gay). Just wish HiDive would fix their site, app, and region locking issues.

joined May 26, 2016

Blue Archive:...

BA player here, half of the girls are into the player (Sensei) whose gender is up to you. Their personality goes from reliable to pervert depending on the story. I'm going to assume the anime will ignore the player stuff and just do the cute girls stuff like Azure Lane did? It looks like it's adapting chapter one, Abydos story, so maybe they have something there? I don't see anyone voicing the player character like Arknights did. The PC isn't super necessary anyway, but we might miss out on Aru being a cute dork.
*Forgot to mention there is a bit of yuri. Ako canonically has a thing for Hina, Serika is a tsundere and she blushed from Shirako's comments here and there.

I'm not even a BA player i find it pretty amazing you are pretty much completely wrong about sensei

To reply you must either login or sign up.