Forum › New Independent Yuri Magazine Galette

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Will it be on dynasty ? I worship Otsu Hiyori and would love to help her but I also want to read really bad.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Sample of the first chapter of Momono Moto's series:
http://imgur.com/a/bfRPv

joined Jan 21, 2015

It's out! The Kindle version is available on all Amazon websites. It's a lot cheaper than the physical version--about the price of a regular manga volume.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Bought it! Glad to be able to support these artists. I really can't wait for Otsu Hiyori. Been a while ; _ ;

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

If only Amazon didn't block digital purchases from my country... And it's not available on ebook japan... <.<

last edited at Feb 19, 2017 3:39PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Ropponmatsu posted:

If only Amazon didn't block digital purchases from my country... And it's not available on ebook japan... <.<

You could just support it through Enty and get it from there.

joined Jan 11, 2015

I'll think about it, if it doesn't eventually become available on ebook japan. :/

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Ropponmatsu posted:

I'll think about it, if it doesn't eventually become available on ebook japan. :/

Well it is too late now, cos the 1 issue was available to dl only till 02.18 ;/

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Ropponmatsu posted:

Well it is too late now, cos the 1 issue was available to dl only till 02.18 ;/

During the window it's available to download, you should be able to sign up for the "Normal level" for one month (¥500), download it as a PDF, and then stop your recurring payments.

(It does explicitly say on their Enty page you can support for one month only)

joined Jun 12, 2015

Galette & Eclair & Yuri Hime Comparison
http://yurinavi.com/2017/02/19/yurihime-eclair-galette/

Have you tried using a VPN?

joined Jan 11, 2015

@h3x
I believe it blocks my debit card, based on where it's registered. Many digital services do the same for out-of-region purchases (e.g. Playstation Network).

last edited at Feb 20, 2017 12:41PM

joined Jun 12, 2015

My copy started shipping. Now I need to learn japanes before Thursday

joined Jun 12, 2015

@h3x
I believe it blocks my debit card, based on where it's registered. Many digital services do the same for out-of-region purchases (e.g. Playstation Network).

Oh. So it's not about location but the payment method. Too bad.

joined Jan 11, 2015

@h3x
Sort of, since it does block the payment method because it uses a card that is registered in a region they do not allow digital purchases from. I'm sure the idea is "you're not allowed to save money by buying from a region where it's cheaper", but when the product is only available in that particular region, it's rather annoying, lol.

Edit: I might be able to get around it by adding funds to my PayPal, rather than using its link to my debit card, however there are so few companies that block purchases based on region, so it would feel rather annoying to have to do so.

last edited at Feb 20, 2017 1:39PM

joined Jun 12, 2015

^Yeah. I have never had any problems with debit card on amazon.co.jp. Sometimes they tried to refuse when they found out that my location is not in Japan. But using VPN solved that.

joined Jan 11, 2015

I'm not sure what it's about at all. I live in Sweden, and it won't let me purchase anything. A friend lives in Canada, and can purchase things just fine. Another friend lives in the US, and also gets his purchases blocked. :/

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I have a US address and a Japanese proxy address, and Amazon still won't let me buy kindles. Maybe if I changed my default address to the Japanese proxy it would. I'll try it if and when I finally decide to buy a Japanese kindle.

Divulge Scans has info about Japanese proxy addresses under forwarding/proxy buying near the bottom of this page on their site.

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

I'm not sure what it's about at all. I live in Sweden, and it won't let me purchase anything. A friend lives in Canada, and can purchase things just fine. Another friend lives in the US, and also gets his purchases blocked. :/

Could be a region settings problem. If you go to Your Account>Digital Content>Manage Your Content and Devices>Settings, there should be an option to select region. That needs to be set to Japan - possibly not only for Amazon.co.jp, but for all Amazon accounts you have affiliated with whatever email address you have for Amazon.co.jp.

You may also need a Japanese mailing address as your primary delivery address in Amazon.co.jp. You shouldn't need a Japanese payment address.

I say "may" and "possibly" because my settings are working for me right now and I'm not touching anything that might hinder my access to Amazon.co.jp digital content. If you're still having trouble, you could always try creating a fresh account using a JP address.

Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

OTSU HIYORI!
Among other great yuri mangakas (hoping for Suga Atsushi over the next issues).

Wait, it's in Japanese. Calling all my friends. But wait, it's yuri. And I'm not out.
A little help here? A text file of translations would suffice. xp

joined Jun 12, 2015

Damn, Amazon need chill, how I'm supposed to learn Japanese in one day. I guess I will just look at the pretty image and be happy with myself when I recognize some hiragana

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Bought the kindle version and read the three first stories. They're pretty good. Sure, standard yuri plot, but still nice.
Also, they're REALLY easy to read. Knowing some basic grammar and kanjis and with the KanjiTomo's help, you probably won't have much trouble.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Could be a region settings problem. If you go to Your Account>Digital Content>Manage Your Content and Devices>Settings, there should be an option to select region. That needs to be set to Japan - possibly not only for Amazon.co.jp, but for all Amazon accounts you have affiliated with whatever email address you have for Amazon.co.jp.

You may also need a Japanese mailing address as your primary delivery address in Amazon.co.jp. You shouldn't need a Japanese payment address.

I say "may" and "possibly" because my settings are working for me right now and I'm not touching anything that might hinder my access to Amazon.co.jp digital content. If you're still having trouble, you could always try creating a fresh account using a JP address.

I followed Cyfer's directions above. I had to give it my full Japanese proxy address including phone number, but I suddenly have access to the Japanese kindles! Thanks Cyfer. I didn't have to change anything in my American Amazon.com account.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

FWIW, there are about 300 subscribers. I recall when I checked the crowdfund site a little while ago a good 2/3 of that are people subscribing at the $10 and $20 levels. That's pretty cool!

joined Jun 12, 2015

MFW there's Chinese edition of Galette.

To reply you must either login or sign up.