Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

^I totally agree lol. I know I'm terrified that a) something's going to happen Ssamba, b) naver's going to freak out on FF (I haven't heard of any other non-het k-comics besides Welcome to Room #305, and even then the mc was straight), and/or c) halmoni's going to disappear. Sometimes I regret finding FF. I'm the type of person that wishes she never tried chocolate if chocolate suddenly becomes extinct x years later (god forbid).

I totally want to pay homage to both Ssamba and all the FF scanlators, but like...there's literally 0 that comes to mind [naver doesn't even add favorites from other countries to the count -_-], which is horribly unfortunate. .-. I suppose a virtual supply of confetti for the team and (small) additional view counts for Ssamba has to suffice. Unless, of course, the scanlators want other things [tho my skillset is limited to basically educational crap lmao]. At the risking of sounding melodramatic (aw, who am I kidding, it's melodramatic), I LOVE ALL Y'ALL. :)

Anyways, I haven't actually read anything that compares to it in a very long time (which is saying a fair amount. probably a crap!ton of people that read more, but for years I used to go through upwards of 2-3 novels a day). As sad as it is, I think the only other thing I've read that I've enjoyed more was Harry Potter, although the ending broke my poor shipping heart IT WAS ALWAYS HARRY/HERMIONE DAMMIT.

last edited at Apr 29, 2015 11:08PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

IT WAS ALWAYS HARRY/HERMIONE DAMMIT.

Thank you! Why does nobody ever complain about that?

last edited at Apr 30, 2015 12:01AM

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

OriginalGengar

Because it's not this thread xD?

trafi

I think it's just her being afraid of having a closer relationship with Seol-A and getting hurt, not her being awkward initiating physical contact.

HypocriticalLiar
Actually y'all, I think trafi's right. I half-compiled all the "contact" No-rae moments and was going to analyze them, but it ended up taking way longer than I expected lol. Not enough hrs in the day with finals looming (and fifty bazillion projects/papers/assignments. evil professors).

To be fair, out of all the moments, the only one No-rae's actually ever initiated contact with was Kkyeong (the kid totally doesn't count haha), and even then, it was only three-ish times (and near the very start of the comic). Everyone else (and there's 50+ odd moments), it's been them->No-rae, including Hee-jin and her bro.

That being said, I'm now revising my opinion to No-rae is awkward with physical contact with everyone she's not ridiculously close with. She seemed pretty flustered (as well) the couple of times we saw Ji-hwan touch her as well (well, when she wasn't drunk anyways lol).

From my personal POV I can tell you I don't initiating physical contact not because I'm afraid of having a closer relationship with someone but because I just don't like it. it's something like HypocriticalLiar wrote "No-rae is awkward with physical contact with everyone she's not ridiculously close with." - but I would change that "ridiculously" :P it depends about person. I had very close friend but I still didn't initiating physical contact with her because no. But one time I met a girl and it just clicked. We just met but I felt comfortable with her and I don't have this "physical contact barrier" with her.

Also I agree that kids don't count. Another similarities - me & No-Rae - I have exactly the same relationship with my 3yo niece

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

OriginalGengar

Because it's not this thread xD?

trafi

I think it's just her being afraid of having a closer relationship with Seol-A and getting hurt, not her being awkward initiating physical contact.

HypocriticalLiar
Actually y'all, I think trafi's right. I half-compiled all the "contact" No-rae moments and was going to analyze them, but it ended up taking way longer than I expected lol. Not enough hrs in the day with finals looming (and fifty bazillion projects/papers/assignments. evil professors).

To be fair, out of all the moments, the only one No-rae's actually ever initiated contact with was Kkyeong (the kid totally doesn't count haha), and even then, it was only three-ish times (and near the very start of the comic). Everyone else (and there's 50+ odd moments), it's been them->No-rae, including Hee-jin and her bro.

That being said, I'm now revising my opinion to No-rae is awkward with physical contact with everyone she's not ridiculously close with. She seemed pretty flustered (as well) the couple of times we saw Ji-hwan touch her as well (well, when she wasn't drunk anyways lol).

From my personal POV I can tell you I don't initiating physical contact not because I'm afraid of having a closer relationship with someone but because I just don't like it. it's something like HypocriticalLiar wrote "No-rae is awkward with physical contact with everyone she's not ridiculously close with." - but I would change that "ridiculously" :P it depends about person. I had very close friend but I still didn't initiating physical contact with her because no. But one time I met a girl and it just clicked. We just met but I felt comfortable with her and I don't have this "physical contact barrier" with her.

Also I agree that kids don't count. Another similarities - me & No-Rae - I have exactly the same relationship with my 3yo niece

So, how do people who don't like initiating physical contacts view people who naturally are
into expressing affection sincerely even to people they meet for the first time? Are they annoying or something? I rarely consider people's feelings when it comes to that.. my best friend doesn't like, need, seek for example to hug people and one time she explained to me that there is some part of her brain that makes her not like it.. anyway, since i'm being me all the time she exclaimed once: 'jeez, Maria, because of your affections i had enough for a week, now i won't let even my boyfriend hug me because of you xD I am terrible but she loves me anyway xD

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Blackkitty

So, how do people who don't like initiating physical contacts view people who naturally are
into expressing affection sincerely even to people they meet for the first time? Are they annoying or something? I rarely consider people's feelings when it comes to that...

Well... I'm just feeling uncomfortable. But because of my body language these situation rarely happenig to me. I'm clearly showing people that I don't like that so they don't even try. But when someone is clueless... xD well, it depends. Mostly I don't mind about it (especially if someone is cute) but I usually say in very kind words to them to not doing it again in future because it bothers me.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Blackkitty

into expressing affection sincerely even to people they meet for the first time? Are they annoying or something? I rarely consider people's feelings when it comes to that...

Well... I'm just feeling uncomfortable. But because of my body language these situation rarely happenig to me. I'm clearly showing people that I don't like that so they don't even try. But when someone is clueless... xD well, it depends. Mostly I don't mind about it (especially if someone is cute) but I usually say in very kind words to them to not doing it again in future because it bothers me.

Sounds fair enough, haha yeahh i am clueless most of the time, maybe should try change that and cause no more potential inconveniences to people, because usually sooner or later they just surrender before my desires xD

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Blackkitty

Sounds fair enough, haha yeahh i am clueless most of the time, maybe should try change that and cause no more potential inconveniences to people, because usually sooner or later they just surrender before my desires xD

You know, for me physical contact is very important. Probably not in a way as for other people. For me it has much more deep meaning that's why it's important who and how touches me. For one person hugging, touching shoulder, clap in the back can be nothing special for other not :P Everything depends about person ;)

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Blackkitty

You know, for me physical contact is very important. Probably not in a way as for other people. For me it has much more deep meaning that's why it's important who and how touches me. For one person hugging, touching shoulder, clap in the back can be nothing special for other not :P Everything depends about person ;)

Well, for me as well, I mean I always put a lot of heart into my actions,i wouldn't say it's not special, probably that's why i don't pay much attention and being a bit of a klutz I remain oblivious of other's feelings :) thanks for the insight, i mean i need a reminder from time to time :D

last edited at Apr 30, 2015 4:35AM

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

OriginalGengar

HL (Me)

YES. J.K ROWLING EVEN ADMITTED SHE MADE A MISTAKE. (obviously still a sore subject) Honestly, it took me years before I got over the betrayal. T____T

Alextasha

From my personal POV I can tell you I don't initiating physical contact not because I'm afraid of having a closer relationship with someone but because I just don't like it. it's something like HypocriticalLiar wrote "No-rae is awkward with physical contact with everyone she's not ridiculously close with." - but I would change that "ridiculously" :P it depends about person.

AH, yes I agree! I think you're right, (for No-rae) I think it does depend on the person (altho, fosho she's uncomfortable with strangers). In my case, I'm not afraid of contact either, but it just...idk...it really creeps me out (especially when some people who found out I actually don't like contact, actually try to touch me the watch my reactions).

JEALOUS. I don't have any tiny relatives. T_T

blackkitty

into expressing affection sincerely even to people they meet for the first time? Are they annoying or something? I rarely consider people's feelings when it comes to that.. my best friend doesn't like, need, seek for example to hug people and one time she explained to me that there is some part of her brain that makes her not like it.. anyway, since i'm being me all the time she exclaimed once: 'jeez, Maria, because of your affections i had enough for a week, now i won't let even my boyfriend hug me because of you xD I am terrible but she loves me anyway xD

LOL! Wow, I've known a couple of affection monsters, and I've never considered them annoying (mostly because they actually tone it down for me haha). I guess it depends on the level of affection? Handshakes I can deal with. I can even deal with those pseudo-hugs (mostly from those hugging monsters lol). But I cannot deal with sincere hugs at all. Friends. Family. Nada.

I need a bubble around me, to put it another way lol.

Extreme example: last (and only) time someone from another culture did the whole kiss double cheek greeting thing, well...I couldn't comprehend that my bubble had literally just exploded and (to my shame) I just stopped talking with my mouth hung open. I mean, I obviously recovered. But, ya know, not before everyone else noticed. -_-; Now the other people I know from the same culture try to ward off friends who would do the same so that there's not a repeat event. Nice, but still embarrassing lolol.

last edited at Apr 30, 2015 5:32AM

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

HypocriticalLiar

In my case, I'm not afraid of contact either, but it just...idk...it really creeps me out (especially when some people who found out I actually don't like contact, actually try to touch me the watch my reactions).

It's just cruel :( you're not a monkey in a zoo. I don't like people who do things like that. One time someone tried sth like this with me. Well... I think he still regrets it (no, I only TOLD him something, I don't solve problems by strenght :P, words can be sharper than knives sometimes).

HypocriticalLiar

JEALOUS. I don't have any tiny relatives. T_T

You will be more jealous when I told you that she has younger sister xD? She is 1 yo now and she is my godchild xD

HypocriticalLiar

But I cannot deal with sincere hugs at all. Friends. Family. Nada.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Alextasha

It's just cruel :( you're not a monkey in a zoo. I don't like people who do things like that. One time someone tried sth like this with me. Well... I think he still regrets it (no, I only TOLD him something, I don't solve problems by strenght :P, words can be sharper than knives sometimes).

omg THANK YOU. you and the other non-touchy person on here (sorry, I forgot who you were :C or I think I know, but not sure) are like the only people I've pseudo-met that relate.

LOL. I am kinda curious as to what you said to him. But hell yes to you (Y). [I'm a bit tooo much of a coward to snap at people tho, unless I'm under a lot of stress].

You will be more jealous when I told you that she has younger sister xD? She is 1 yo now and she is my godchild xD

wat.

....I can't. I just can't. Tiny people are da bomb.

But in all seriousness, I've always been fond of (really young) kids. They have that naivety, innocence and straightforward thinking that make "adult" problems seem irrelevant or ridiculously easy lol (you must have heard of that puzzle that a group of Harvard grads couldn't solve, but a group of elementary school kids got immediately?). So I'm jealous you get to experience that. ;A; Now when they get to 9+...then it's questionable and dependent on the kid (for me lol...some of them are just mean yo).

last edited at Apr 30, 2015 5:45AM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

LOL! Wow, I've known a couple of affection monsters, and I've never considered them annoying (mostly because they actually tone it down for me haha). I guess it depends on the level of affection? Handshakes I can deal with. I can even deal with those pseudo-hugs (mostly from those hugging monsters lol). But I cannot deal with sincere hugs at all. Friends. Family. Nada.

I need a bubble around me, to put it another way lol.

Extreme example: last (and only) time someone from another culture did the whole kiss double cheek greeting thing, well...I couldn't comprehend that my bubble had literally just exploded and (to my shame) I just stopped talking with my mouth hung open. I mean, I obviously recovered. But, ya know, not before everyone else noticed. -_-; Now the other people I know from the same culture try to ward off friends who would do the same so that there's not a repeat event. Nice, but still embarrassing lolol.

Another culture, you mean not Americans? Well, from where I come from, which is somewhere in Eastern Europe, that double-cheek-kiss would be ok accepted(probably)but generally shaking hands and hugs is the common way of greeting people.And when I was to the USA, I think I noticed some people definitely were a little surprised of how I greeted them xD

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

lol non-touchy guys here, reading your comments, I started wondering how comes no one has used some strength on me..i think i will leave the discussion embarrassed..

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

HypocriticalLiar

LOL. I am kinda curious as to what you said to him. But hell yes to you (Y). [I'm a bit tooo much of a coward to snap at people tho, unless I'm under a lot of stress].

I can't write directly what it was because it was LONG time ago but the most important thing is to chose correct words. I knew how he will react on some things (like how he don't like to be called etc.) and I was talking with him in 100% cool and calm way using words that could hurt him the most (but not harsh or unpleasent, just the sentence he don't like). When he finally exploded and asked me why I do this even if I know that he don't like this I told him it's the same thing he tried to do with me when he tried to touch me and I didn't allow (and he still tried). He took a hint :P

Words are powerfull ;)

Blackkitty

Another culture, you mean not Americans? Well, from where I come from, which is somewhere in Eastern Europe, that double-cheek-kiss would be ok accepted(probably)but generally shaking hands and hugs is the common way of greeting people.

I'm from Poland. We have three-cheek-kiss as a greeting but honestly I see this only in family meetings (never with strangers).

last edited at Apr 30, 2015 5:59AM

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

blackkitty

Another culture, you mean not Americans? Well, from where I come from, which is somewhere in Eastern Europe, that double-cheek-kiss would be ok accepted(probably)but generally shaking hands and hugs is the common way of greeting people.And when I was to the USA, I think I noticed some people definitely were a little surprised of how I greeted them xD

oh, yes, non-Americans. (Geez, I probably should have just said that. Mind blank. >__>). Yesss, your European country gets it (altho the fact that the cheek thing is accepted would mean y'all are less closed off than us Americans lol). And yeah totally! If you went to any (at least) moderately large city (San Fran, Houston, Chicago, New York), people most definitely would have been surprised. I think the larger the city the more likely you are to be "closed off" here, because my friends from smaller counties/cities are definitely more of the hugging-monster-type than anyone I've met from the big cities. But idk, I could be way wrong, that's just my experience.

To be fair though...I can see the amusement in doing it to other people. Not when I'm on the receiving end, mind you, but... :P

lol non-touchy guys here, reading your comments, I started wondering how comes no one has used some strength on me..i think i will leave the discussion embarrassed..

haha, noooo, your way of interacting is more conventional, I think.

Alextasha

When he finally exploded and asked me why I do this even if I know that he don't like this I told him it's the same thing he tried to do with me when he tried to touch me and I didn't allow (and he still tried). He took a hint :P

Words are powerfull ;)

omg, this is full of so much win. I applaud you!!

I'm from Poland. We have three-cheek-kiss as a greeting but honestly I see this only in family meetings (never with strangers).

What. What's a three-cheek-kiss?? It goes Cheek 1-Cheek 2-Cheek 1?

last edited at Apr 30, 2015 6:07AM

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

HypocriticalLiar

yep, exactly ;)

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

HypocriticalLiar

yep, exactly ;)

My gradma kisses me that way :)

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Knowing your hardships is of much help, thanks :)

joined Nov 30, 2011

xyth

Omg. Random Reader that sure seems familiar :p

Indeed ;-) .... A bunch of folks on another forum kept going on and on about that damned series so I finally caved. NEVER AGAIN!!! (HUGE One Piece fan... not so much those other 2! ;p )

HypocriticalLiar

blackkitty

oh, yes, non-Americans. (Geez, I probably should have just said that. Mind blank. >__>). Yesss, your European country gets it (altho the fact that the cheek thing is accepted would mean y'all are less closed off than us Americans lol). And yeah totally! If you went to any (at least) moderately large city (San Fran, Houston, Chicago, New York), people most definitely would have been surprised. I think the larger the city the more likely you are to be "closed off" here, because my friends from smaller counties/cities are definitely more of the hugging-monster-type than anyone I've met from the big cities. But idk, I could be way wrong, that's just my experience.

Let's see, for American greetings we have:
Handshake - For greetings and sometimes partings. Between guys usually you want to be firm and out crush each others' hand while between men and women, you just want to be as normal as possible. Wet-noodle handshakers are thee freakin worst...same goes for people who have clammy hands as well. Now, combined. EEEYUCK!

The bro-hug - Where you shake one hand and then semi-hug with the other (never seen women do this, always guys).

Semi/half-hug - Where you are basically acquaintances after meeting through someone else at a hangout and you're not sure how to part, so you half-hug. It's like saying, we're not really close friends, friends, or total strangers but... we won't see each other again so to be less awkward for the person we both know best. SEMI-HUUG!!! (Awkward smiles and goodbyes included!) C:-D. Also, when between men and women the woman usually leans in and gives the man an arm and shoulder while craning her neck away from him but smiling at the same time.

Hugs - There are generally three types. The friendly hug where you use the upper body only but hug with both arms. Usually done between members of the opposite sex. Then the man hug (as I call it). Usually between two guy friends where they semi-chest bump and slap each others' backs loudly and say, "HEY man HOW YA doin!?" (Also use both arms in the man hug.) And finally, the intimate hug. Usually between people who are very close or lovers. There is either there is full body contact or borderline full body contact.

(American greetings as seen from the perspective of a male living in the S.F. Bay Area.)

On a personal note with greetings and such with me. I avoid groups of people like the plague. I migrate to the edges of the group and be at the back or trailing. Or if at a party, by myself, enjoying my best attempt at finding alone time before finding an excuse to leave. (Aah to be anti-social.)

As sad as it is, I think the only other thing I've read that I've enjoyed more was Harry Potter, although the ending broke my poor shipping heart IT WAS ALWAYS HARRY/HERMIONE DAMMIT.

I only watched the movies but I had always thought they were better together as well or, even just platonically as friends/sister-brother. Ron annoyed the hell outta me and I was disappointed he only came about at the end (from what I saw in the movies). You also say you could read 2-3 books per-day?! I have to ask, what types of books and length? My best was the same but only for fiction books (science fiction and fantasy) topping at 300 pages. When it comes to non-fiction it takes twice as long lol. (SOO annoying for school!!! lmao.)

last edited at Apr 30, 2015 8:10AM

Tumblr_nt8411tibj1trx9pno1_r1_1280
joined Apr 7, 2013

HypocriticalLiar:

I'm now revising my opinion to No-rae is awkward with physical contact with everyone she's not ridiculously close with. She seemed pretty flustered (as well) the couple of times we saw Ji-hwan touch her as well (well, when she wasn't drunk anyways lol).

I'm now torn on this subject. lol. A part of me still feels No-rae is a bit awkward in general when it comes to physical contact. Except when it involves Hye-kyung, since they just seem to have that type of friendship. Maybe it's also because she doesn't warm up to people easily as Hye-kyung brought out in chapter 6 when she said that No-rae lacks a bit of boldness and it usually takes a while to get to know her. Or maybe I need to reread the whole series and pay more attention to who No-rae touches and how she responds to it. XP

you and the other non-touchy person on here (sorry, I forgot who you were :C or I think I know, but not sure) are like the only people I've pseudo-met that relate.

Me? Or is there another non-touchy person here? haha. The only time I initiate even a little is if I like someone romantically. And even then I'm putting forth a lot of conscious effort in doing so.

I can reciprocate hugs but, I'm awkward about it if that person catches me off guard. Which is why some of my friends ask beforehand, "Is it okay if I give you a hug?" as sort of a forewarning. Which sounds stupid but, it actually works better for me because then I know it's coming and can properly respond.

But, I think how someone hugs me is a big factor on whether I become comfortable with it or not. Gentle hugs are nice since they give me time to ease into it. Sudden bear hugs can annoy me because it feels like an intrusion of my personal space. Guys have a tendency to give me bear hugs (which hurt, by the way!) so I typically prefer hugs from girls.

I'm completely hopeless with cheek kiss greetings, though. What am I supposed to do? Am I expected to kiss them back? I just end up frozen like a statue, letting them kiss me but, not really doing anything in return since my brain hasn't caught up with the action yet. XP

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

That's how people handshake in Germany yeah, that's a lie

Handshakes that nobody actually uses aside, we also got the Mid-level-high-5-into-handshake. We also got a lot of people from islamic countries here in Hamburg, and close guys from there usually put their temples together 3 times.

Other than that, we use everything Random Reader said as well as the three cheek kiss thing.

Would have though Germany was more closed off than America, I guess not?

YES. J.K ROWLING EVEN ADMITTED SHE MADE A MISTAKE.

Well, yeah, obviously she did. I don't know what she was thinking.

last edited at Apr 30, 2015 8:44AM

joined Mar 23, 2013

But in all seriousness, I've always been fond of (really young) kids. They have that naivety, innocence and straightforward thinking that make "adult" problems seem irrelevant or ridiculously easy lol. Now when they get to 9+...then it's questionable and dependent on the kid (for me lol...some of them are just mean yo).

Young kids 4-6 can also be mean. Because they're starting to be independent but don't really care much for others. For example at this age if two kids are playing and one wants the toy the other is playing with then he'll steal it, sometime from the hand of the other kid. He/she might even throw a punch or two. Then when you come in they don't seem to have a shred of remorse or understanding, they just wanted the toy. he/she would even be angry you're not siding with them.

Young kids are us if we did not have social conventions and laws. Very selfish and short sighted. Of course the age group you mention do "bad" things knowing it's wrong.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I still don't see any awkwardness in No-Rae, I mean the only person we've seen her somewhat uncomfortable touching was Seol-A. At this point, any guy wouldn't get any physical contact from No-Rae because potential lover/don't want to fall in love. And I honestly didn't see that much discomfort when Ji-Hwan touch No-Rae, yes she a little cautious and guarded because guy (especially when he confess... if it's not only this time) but I take that as a result of her last relationship nothing more.

When it comes to women (except Seol-A), she never get flustered and is totally comfortable,except when she get a double kiss during the trip at the see, and she have very expressive friends. I've counted three skimming through the series and we've only seen her really interact with around four x).

last edited at Apr 30, 2015 10:22AM

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Random Reader

Let's see, for American greetings we have:
Handshake ...

The bro-hug ....

Semi/half-hug - Where you are basically acquaintances after meeting through someone else at a hangout and you're not sure how to part, so you half-hug. It's like saying, we're not really close friends, friends, or total strangers but... we won't see each other again so to be less awkward for the person we both know best. SEMI-HUUG!!!

Hugs - There are generally three types. The friendly hug where you use the upper body only but hug with both arms. Usually done between members of the opposite sex. Then the man hug (as I call it). Usually between two guy friends where they semi-chest bump and slap each others' backs loudly and say, "HEY man HOW YA doin!?" (Also use both arms in the man hug.) And finally, the intimate hug. Usually between people who are very close or lovers. There is either there is full body contact or borderline full body contact.

(American greetings as seen from the perspective of a male living in the S.F. Bay Area.)

Dude, this is brilliant!! I agree with everything (the bro stuff from what I've see other guys do). See, I always misuse the half-hug/friendly-hug because I'm generally socially awkward and I don't understand social cues + friendly hugs are just too much contact for me in general as well lolol. -_-

On a personal note with greetings and such with me. I avoid groups of people like the plague. I migrate to the edges of the group and be at the back or trailing. Or if at a party, by myself, enjoying my best attempt at finding alone time before finding an excuse to leave. (Aah to be anti-social.)

YES. I relate so much!! The larger the group, the exponentially more awkward it is.

You also say you could read 2-3 books per-day?! I have to ask, what types of books and length? My best was the same but only for fiction books (science fiction and fantasy) topping at 300 pages. When it comes to non-fiction it takes twice as long lol. (SOO annoying for school!!! lmao.)

Exactly the same actually!! The 2-3 books definitely depends on length and how much time I had that day (which in high school was a lot). I basically averaged between half a min to a min/page, so something like Harry Potter the Half Blood Prince (600 pg) would take 7 hrs. Most books I read were never that long though, (like you said, 300-ish pages!), and god I can't read non-fiction. If I'm reading (non-fiction) for school, my speed slows to like 5-10 min per page lolol.

Most of the stuff I read is also young adult though (or adult mystery like Kite Runner, some adult fantasy)...weren't too many adult books I was ecstatic about, mostly because they were so sexually explicit. I remember I read one in middle school and was so traumatized that I pretended I lost it. I walked past that book in the lost/found bins every school day for half a year haha.

Random Reader

I only watched the movies but I had always thought they were better together as well or, even just platonically as friends/sister-brother. Ron annoyed the hell outta me and I was disappointed he only came about at the end (from what I saw in the movies).

OriginalGengar

Well, yeah, obviously she did. I don't know what she was thinking.

Man, we all are an extinct species. I kinda wish I started posting in this forum earlier, all y'all kindred spirits. <3

P.S. Random Reader I HATED RON TOO. I feel like he was the most useless one out of the trio, or even half of the main characters. He betrayed Harry how many times....choosing to believe others over his best mate, and Hermione! don't even get me started on how he treated her.

OriginalGengar

We also got a lot of people from islamic countries here in Hamburg, and close guys from there usually put their temples together 3 times.

Other than that, we use everything Random Reader said as well as the three cheek kiss thing.

Would have though Germany was more closed off than America, I guess not?

Wow, is this three cheek kiss thing a thing? I'd never heard of it before these conversations. Double cheek, sure. I feel like if that was a thing here, I would die. Mostly for the previously stated reasons, but also because I would forget which way to go (is there even a way to go? Or does someone just take one direction and the other person just follows.). It took me almost an entire year to figure out & remember which way the subway trains go (to be fair, you'd think there would be an arrow point in the direction from arriving->departing). I can't tell you how many trains I've missed -___________-

Evilnemesis

Young kids are us if we did not have social conventions and laws. Very selfish and short sighted. Of course the age group you mention do "bad" things knowing it's wrong.

Ahhh but it's refreshing don't you think! They say things, but there's no filter and there's no intentional malice, so it's hard to take it badly. Even when they take other things, the lack of the complicated ulterior motives makes it much more understandable. Adults, and even older kids...the reasons they do things are usually pretty complicated and it's a tad wearisome. :C

moonfrost13

Me? Or is there another non-touchy person here? haha.

AH, NO IT WAS YOU. My badddd. My memory has some issues >->;.

I can reciprocate hugs but, I'm awkward about it if that person catches me off guard. Which is why some of my friends ask beforehand, "Is it okay if I give you a hug?" as sort of a forewarning. Which sounds stupid but, it actually works better for me because then I know it's coming and can properly respond.

But, I think how someone hugs me is a big factor on whether I become comfortable with it or not. Gentle hugs are nice since they give me time to ease into it. Sudden bear hugs can annoy me because it feels like an intrusion of my personal space. Guys have a tendency to give me bear hugs (which hurt, by the way!) so I typically prefer hugs from girls.

I'm completely hopeless with cheek kiss greetings, though. What am I supposed to do? Am I expected to kiss them back? I just end up frozen like a statue, letting them kiss me but, not really doing anything in return since my brain hasn't caught up with the action yet. XP

AHH I'm loving all of this kindred spirit stuff!! In 24 hrs apparently I've found out I have more in common with all y'all than I have with 99% of the people I've met in real life. -_- I like the whole asking before hugging thing tho! Tho I'm on the complete opposite when it comes to preferring gentle/bear hugs...I think I'd prefer the latter just because it'd feel less awkward to me. Soft = just a little too close for my liking haha and usually last longer (I think). Bear hugs tend to be fast and powerful, which I think I'm more okay with.

LOL. Yes to the brain!frozen bit. I totally understand, even if that only happened once to me.

#### Side Note

Haha, moonfrost and trafi I'm going to hold off debating with y'all on No-rae + contact. I'll be back Tues with my finished little analysis chart to debate with gusto ;)

joined Mar 23, 2013

Exactly the same actually!! The 2-3 books definitely depends on length and how much time I had that day (which in high school was a lot). I basically averaged between half a min to a min/page, so something like Harry Potter the Half Blood Prince (600 pg) would take 7 hrs. Most books I read were never that long though, (like you said, 300-ish pages!), and god I can't read non-fiction. If I'm reading (non-fiction) for school, my speed slows to like 5-10 min per page Lolol.

Non fiction can be awesome, it's just like fiction. Pick the authors and time period you enjoy. Or people you like when it comes to biography.

I remember I read one in middle school and was so traumatized that I pretended I lost it. I walked past that book in the lost/found bins every school day for half a year haha.

Rofl! Typical American prude syndrome in full action right there. I mostly read Epic and Dark fantasy. Former for politics and the multitude of ethics that can spawn from that. Latter because, loldecapitation and nekkid. No really, I wish I was kidding. In truth I'm half kidding =P.

Wow, is this three cheek kiss thing a thing? I'd never heard of it before these conversations. Double cheek, sure. I feel like if that was a thing here, I would die. Mostly for the previously stated reasons, but also because I would forget which way to go (is there even a way to go? Or does someone just take one direction and the other person just follows.). It took me almost an entire year to figure out & remember which way the subway trains go (to be fair, you'd think there would be an arrow point in the direction from arriving->departing). I can't tell you how many trains I've missed -___________-

It's real, I'm from Québec ( that's a province in Canada for you geographically challenged folks ) and family gathering is all about the cheeks. Although it's only a double not a triple.

Lol @ train, I don't think your issue is really with hugs and all. I think that's just a symptom of you being absolutely useless when it comes to outside things. I'm sure there's a more scientific way to put it but, I'm not well versed in such things.

Ahhh but it's refreshing don't you think! They say things, but there's no filter and there's no intentional malice, so it's hard to take it badly. Even when they take other things, the lack of the complicated ulterior motives makes it much more understandable. Adults, and even older kids...the reasons they do things are usually pretty complicated and it's a tad wearisome. :C

Actually some think children are pure evil exactly because they aren't socially conditioned. They sin without knowing of sin and that's spooky!

last edited at Apr 30, 2015 1:24PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.