Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

joined Sep 4, 2014

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-11Lhc1naJiI/VOE47fnA1XI/AAAAAAAAANs/-RDNBWoF9CE/s1600/21.jpg

Omg if anyone ever wondered what no-rae would look like in real life

joined Sep 4, 2014

AHAHAHA okay, okay last one, this is how I feel whenever I see them bonding XD
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-3PMOp5-aWKE/VQYi74Z2BJI/AAAAAAAAAW0/p8c1zNbs6ks/s1600/tumblr_lmputme3co1qa6q7k_large.png

joined Nov 30, 2011

There needs to be a spin-off/alt universe where No-rae is a thugish, tomboy, gang type girl and Seol-a is more or less in the same position as FF and they meet and fall in love. It would be kinda awesome.

ask and you shall receive
http://halmoniswag.tumblr.com/post/116131758572/no-rae-x-bat-is-my-new-otp

YEEEESS!!!

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Darth No-Rae is what I thought looking at that black bat

joined Jan 31, 2015

halmoni:

There needs to be a spin-off/alt universe where No-rae is a thugish, tomboy, gang type girl and Seol-a is more or less in the same position as FF and they meet and fall in love. It would be kinda awesome.

http://41.media.tumblr.com/728c2741502916c77289fd7a77b6c69f/tumblr_nmnnchf2GA1uoz6pgo1_1280.jpg

I don't think we need to worry about a het ending anymore.

Now we have to worry about a bat ending.

No-rae
joined Mar 23, 2015

@palakangorange

On my way home, i got excited while i randomly thought about what might happen to the next chapter. I hope the other passengers are not creeped out by me grinning out of the blue.

These are the collective ideas i got from all of your predictions. ....

Oh xyth you are not alone on this. FF is actually a very good stimulant for me. The amount of blood my heart pumps into my sleepy brain never ceases to amaze me every time I think about these two lovely ladies of FF. Seriously, cases are: whenever I need to wake up in the morning and in class, whenever I get bored while studying, while I commute, whew, like all the time. These headcanons of what ifs and will they and when will and yeah you got my point - I'm ruined perfectly xp

I'll try that! I can save money by using that method instead of buying a cup of coffee.

I commute all the time too, for more than an hr. It doesn't feel like it's more than an hour if i am thinking about what might happen to them. I used to do that to Citrus then but i like FF mooooore now.

joined Jan 31, 2015

xyth:

I commute all the time too, for more than an hr. It doesn't feel like it's more than an hour if i am thinking about what might happen to them. I used to do that to Citrus then but i like FF mooooore now.

Whatever you came up with for Citrus probably made more sense than what actually happened when it came out in the chapters.

/Citrus rant of the day

last edited at Apr 11, 2015 11:32PM

No-rae
joined Mar 23, 2015

@anonymous

xyth:

Whatever you came up with for Citrus probably made more sense than what actually happened when it came out in the chapters.

/Citrus rant of the day

Aren't we all? Lol
Two months worth of wait is just too much for me and then that's what you get..i haven't given up on it yet despite my rants. I am really thankful for FF and Their Story! Hail Ssamba and TanJiu! And to all that makes it possible for us to read them.

Av
joined Feb 6, 2015

every sunday I can only think about FF.. and now i'm getting nervous thinking on what might that guy would do to Seol-a seeing how drunk she is.. >.<

joined Mar 23, 2013

Well you see, the thing is, none of us particularly want to hear your negative opinions about a manhwa that we love. I honestly can't tell sometimes if you actually enjoy FF, because it always seems like you're attempting to bash it one way or another. I mean if I had an unpopular criticism about a manga, I wouldn't go on that manga's forum thread to post it, and then suddenly expect other fans to respect my criticism without a word of rebuttal.

For some people, the more they love something the more easy it is to find flaws ( real or perceived ) wish wasn't there. Ask a person about his partner's negative points he/she wished was fixed, prepare for a damn long list of every minor detail. That's because if the small things would be fixed... the subject would be perfect in their eyes, literally 12 out of 10.

As for unpopular critism, well maybe you would avoid conflicts and not go to that fansite or whatever. Maybe you avoid conflict and that's fine but I think going into the opponent camp and being on the opposite side is great for debating. There's going to be a lot of dissenting opinions and this will just reinforce or change one's perception at the end.

Being a contrarian is a great mental exercise in itself.

Tumblr_nt8411tibj1trx9pno1_r1_1280
joined Apr 7, 2013

littleyuri:

I'm also practicing how to draw the 2 mc's right now. Hopefully after a few weeks, I'd be able to make a full-blown artwork and not practice sketches.

Hope you guys don't mind.

Whoa, those are already looking amazing. Much better than my first practice sketches which were failed attempts that will never see the light of day. lol. I can't wait to see what sort of fan art you'll create. I really like your style.

anonymous:

No-rae + bat + serious business bat face = WIN

I agree. There's something so sexy about No-rae when she's making a serious or fierce expression. I hope to see more of those intense gazes in the manhwa.

palakangorange:

And littleyuri I'm excited for your FF fanarts, same with moonfrost13:

Also, I made a thing... It's not a serious attempt at fan art. haha.
http://moonfrost13.tumblr.com/post/115842313929/theres-so-much-i-could-say-about-fluttering

ahohohoho. how to talent?

Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying the drawings. :) Each time I draw No-rae and Seol-a it gets a little easier. It's good practice. And something fun to do in between waiting for new chapters of FF. Makes the cliffhangers slightly less painful. haha.

halmoni:

Very cool visual to Random Reader's plot. In this alternate universe Seol-a will be able to fully appreciate the awesomeness that is No-rae with a bat, since she was too out of it in chapter 3 to take in the lovely sight.

Kirrba:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-11Lhc1naJiI/VOE47fnA1XI/AAAAAAAAANs/-RDNBWoF9CE/s1600/21.jpg

Omg if anyone ever wondered what no-rae would look like in real life

She would look like... Taeyeon? If that's the case my crush may start to shift from Seol-a to No-rae. >>

joined Sep 21, 2012

I had no idea there were so many chapters. Why aren't the others posted here?

Seol-a
joined Apr 6, 2015

But when you complain over and over and over again don't get salty if people point out the glaring holes in your logic.

For some people, the more they love something the more easy it is to find flaws ( real or perceived ) wish wasn't there. Ask a person about his partner's negative points he/she wished was fixed, prepare for a damn long list of every minor detail. That's because if the small things would be fixed... the subject would be perfect in their eyes, literally 12 out of 10.

As for unpopular critism, well maybe you would avoid conflicts and not go to that fansite or whatever. Maybe you avoid conflict and that's fine but I think going into the opponent camp and being on the opposite side is great for debating. There's going to be a lot of dissenting opinions and this will just reinforce or change one's perception at the end.

Being a contrarian is a great mental exercise in itself.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I'm mildly offended at "none of us particularly want to hear your negative opinions". Who is this "us" you're talking about? The FF cultists? So this thread here should only be dedicated to fangirlism of FF? I feel somewhat bullied into self-censorship, for the sake of avoiding conflict. For me, it actually triggers flags to fight back, even so I don't really want to.

I didn't complain "over and over", I just answered to people who dissented with me. It's not because someone dissents that I'm going to switch opinion or shut up.

I'm too old to be bullied without reaction, but at the same time, I find it silly to argue about a definition in the dictionnary, instead of talking about the flaws I see in FF.

There's no logic at work here. And I don't think there should be.

Kuchiki_rukia__coloreado__by_rukiiyoruchan-d64cu3w
joined Dec 4, 2014

Ladies and Gentlemen,please... You can all agree to disagree and let's just move on and be exited about the next chapter! How many hours are left before the release? I feel like an addict waiting for her next fix, haha. It has been such a long time since I felt this way too :D

joined Nov 30, 2011

Nya-chan. I don't think it's that fact that you're criticizing the manhwa but more about how you are going about it. Seems like your word choice and use of definitions is the main culprit. Then you have this idea that FF should be realistic because A happened so now obviously B should happen and it should be depicted. To me you sound like you're saying FF is terrible because it's not realistic but then compare it to another like Their Story which isn't realistic either. So my question is, what do you expect out of this story or better yet, what do you want it to be? Because as far as I know, it doesn't present itself as, "the most realist Korean lesbian manwha ever RAWR!!" but you make it seem that that is how you want it to be. So I go back to my original question I posed to you a few pages back, why do you read fiction if everything isn't realistic enough and or too cliched? I went and read your previous posts and you seem to float between not realistic enough or enjoying the non-realisticness of a story. Thus, I really don't know why you're having problems with FF but not with Their Story.

For example:
In Their Story, they first "met" when they were passing through the sliding doors of a quick stop/7-11 and tried moving past each other only to go in the same direction. My thought was, "how did they not see each other approaching the other side of the sliding door and not move out of each others way O_o?!" and not, "OMG SOOOOO CLICHED and UNREALISTIC!! ARGH." This is how you are coming across with FF. The women if FF literally met in the same fashion and my thought was, "how did Seol-a NOT SEE NO-RAE standing in the middle of the hallway and bump into her?! O_0. I mean, that place wasn't even crowded." Both are cliched and overused tropes in one sense or the other and while kinda boring they're not that big of a deal. (That's ignoring the fact that they've been used in tons of live action movies and tv shows as well.)

Also, we are not censoring you. There is a big difference between telling you, "your opinions are trash so shut up" and arguing your points and disagreeing with you. If you really think this forum is that immature I suggest you read the Citrus and Feelings We Must Endure threads. Both have raging debates and some excellent back and forth, never once do I remember people trying to censor each other. Hell, I went from hating Citrus myself to having my points argued and disagreed with quite thoroughly and read a few other debates between people who liked and hated the story. So, I stepped back, reread Citrus, and now I am more tolerant of the story than before. And who knows! It might become a favorite of mine in the end * shrugs *.

TL;DR:
All I'm trying to say is that no one is telling you to shut up and not voice your opinions and criticism. If they are valid then the reactions will be much more mixed and some might even agree with you despite them really liking the story. However, if they seem like they don't make sense within the context of the story then yeah, people are going to oppose you rather harshly because your points are that. They don't make sense.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Wow... well I just went and wrote a goddamned essay -_- ... Which reminds me that I have 3 of them due by midnight today, yay me!! Fuuuuu... Too bad I don't have a friend like No-rae who I can bribe with food to help me out lol.

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Nya-chan.

Just that in real life, police and justice wouldn't have let it slide just like that and would have investigated to know what really happened.

If it was necessary for the story, we would have seen more of the police investigating. So it probably wasn't.

My point is not that FF is "not realistic enough". On the contrary, since it's not that much realistic, I tried to calm the worries of some people about a date-rape that could happen.

I hope this doesn't happen, it's difficult even for a good writer like Ssamba to include something so sad into the main story, without it becoming a complete drama. And I think what she wants to write is a lovestory (with some drama).

last edited at Apr 12, 2015 10:38AM

mikasamikasa77
Norae
joined Oct 16, 2014

Hi, comico switched their release schedule from midnight to 6:00AM only last week, or from now on?

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Hi, comico switched their release schedule from midnight to 6:00AM only last week, or from now on?

Well as it is past midnight in Seoul now, your question is answered :)
more than 5 hours to go.

Dibujosad
joined Apr 12, 2015

Although I understand perfectly, I'm very bad writing in English. But I create an account to say that I agree on most of the things it says Nya-chan.
I will not go into details, because I don't think I can explain myself well. But I think you are being too hard on Nya-chan opinions. I don't think anyone not thought that was a bit clishe that no-rae overhear the conversation that the guys were having about Seola and the "champion".
I wanna give some suport to Nya-chan because i don't think this is quite correct: "If they are valid then the reactions will be much more mixed and some might even agree with you despite them really liking the story. However, if they seem like they don't make sense within the context of the story then yeah, people are going to oppose you rather harshly because your points are that. They don't make sense."

So sorry if i made mistakes while writing (Sobre todo en esta disculpa, no sabia como escribirla) xD

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, if I recall correctly, I said that the overhearing of the conversation was a weak way to make the plot move forward, in my opinion, because it was based on pure randomness and not because the characters acted on their feelings. That's what ticked me off. That's all the extent of my initial criticism.

I compared it to Their Story, because, although it's not hyper-realistic either and it's not about the same thing, it's at the same point in the plot : trying to make the two MCs get closer. Sun-jing acts on her feelings and works hard to make the plot move forward. Like asking her friends to get data on Qiu Tong, or waiting for her and pretending to just be running. In real life, it wouldn't be that easy of course, but it's not based on randomness. The initial encounter, at the sliding doors, is random, but it's not unlikely. You have to have a starting point in the story.

Anyway, I think that my critics make sense. Actually the start of the relationship between Seol-a and No-Rae (the guy trying to strangle her and No-Rae to the rescue) was odd too. Why would you use a baseball bat on some random guy? Any normal person would probably have screamed at the top of their lungs. That's what I would have done if I had witnessed such scene. Ssamba choose another way, okay. Doesn't keep me from thinking it was a bit off. She's prone to use violence to make things move forward no? An attempt on Seol-a's life to start the story, and now, probably, a foiled rape attempt to get them closer.

I don't ask for hyper-realism either. Any fiction demands some measure of suspension of disbelief. But sometimes, it's just too much when the author seems to aim for a realistic setting and characters (like FF) but derails it by using weak and unrealistic plot devices to make major progresses in the story.

Apologies for the wall of text, but these are my opinions, my preferences and that's all there's to it. And if I want to write them here, I will. I will not bow to someone who says "I don't want to hear your negative criticism".

last edited at Apr 12, 2015 12:39PM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

I'm mildly offended at "none of us particularly want to hear your negative opinions". Who is this "us" you're talking about? The FF cultists? So this thread here should only be dedicated to fangirlism of FF? I feel somewhat bullied into self-censorship, for the sake of avoiding conflict. For me, it actually triggers flags to fight back, even so I don't really want to.

I didn't complain "over and over", I just answered to people who dissented with me. It's not because someone dissents that I'm going to switch opinion or shut up.

I'm too old to be bullied without reaction, but at the same time, I find it silly to argue about a definition in the dictionnary, instead of talking about the flaws I see in FF.

There's no logic at work here. And I don't think there should be.

Listen brah, like NoRaeMi said,

But when you complain over and over and over again don't get salty if people point out the glaring holes in your logic.

Don't go on a fan thread and expect your critiques (which could be seen a provocative or offensive) to simply be accepted, especially when your critiques are full of contradictions. No one is trying to bully you here, we're only giving our opinions on YOUR opinions. If you want to "avoid conflict", then yeah, it would be best not to criticize a manhwa that others here love (aka the "us" I was referring to). Otherwise, don't complain when people actually respond to your critiques.

We were only arguing about a definition because you weren't using it correctly, and you were using that word to needlessly bash FF again.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Cotton

I wanna give some suport to Nya-chan because i don't think this is quite correct: "If they are valid then the reactions will be much more mixed and some might even agree with you despite them really liking the story. However, if they seem like they don't make sense within the context of the story then yeah, people are going to oppose you rather harshly because your points are that. They don't make sense."

How so??

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

I compared it to Their Story, because, although it's not hyper-realistic either and it's not about the same thing, it's at the same point in the plot : trying to make the two MCs get closer. Sun-jing acts on her feelings and works hard to make the plot move forward. Like asking her friends to get data on Qiu Tong, or waiting for her and pretending to just be running. In real life, it wouldn't be that easy of course, but it's not based on randomness. The initial encounter, at the sliding doors, is random, but it's not unlikely. You have to have a starting point in the story.

The problem here is that neither No-rae nor Seol-A have realised what the feeling is. They have yet to put a name on it. While Sun-Jing, she already knew from the start that she is in love with Qiu-Tong, that is why she works hard to get closer to her. No-rae and Seol-A doesn't. Even if one of them realised that they are in love with the other, it's hard to make a move since they were both straight before, especially if it's No-rae who realised it first. No-rae had a bad experience with her previous relationship which will make it harder for her to make a move. The situation of both characters from FF and Their Story are different. Even the cultures are different. As far as I know, Taiwan or China is more accepting of gay people than Korea I might be wrong). So I don't think it's fair to compare FF and Their Story. Both are good Manhwa/Manhua written in different style, and with different plots.

Anyway, I think that my critics make sense. Actually the start of the relationship between Seol-a and No-Rae (the guy trying to strangle her and No-Rae to the rescue) was odd too. Why would you use a baseball bat on some random guy? Any normal person would probably have screamed at the top of their lungs. That's what I would have done if I had witnessed such scene. Ssamba choose another way, okay. Doesn't keep me from thinking it was a bit off. She's prone to use violence to make things move forward no? An attempt on Seol-a's life to start the story, and now, probably, a foiled rape attempt to get them closer.

Remember that people don't just react in one certain way. Each people react differently, even in the same situation. You would scream on the top of your lungs, but if it was me, I would do the exact thing No-rae did and I do not think that it is unrealistic, grabbing whatever weapon's near to you to paralyze the object you recognize as a threat is not unrealistic. It happens in real life.

*Pardon my poor writing, english is not my first language and I am terrible at writing. I just wanted say what's on my mind.

To reply you must either login or sign up.