Forum › Suggestions for Improvement V2 + FAQ

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

Also, I think a search function on the forums would be kinda cool (but not really a necessity). So you don't have to find the manga/doujin you commented on to check if someone replied to you, you just have to search on the search bar, eliminating the need for finding the manga>then clickin on the discussion button.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Don't know if its related to the slowdown we're experiencing, but I noticed when pinging dynasty-scans.com that one (the second) of the pings fails (request time out). If I ping the IP address 2 out of the 4 fail. A tracert on dynasty-scans.com suggests areas with problems in the route may be: 80.231.152.66 , if-1-2.tcore1.nyy-new-york.as6453.net , and 107.12.17.250 . Anyone else able to confirm these results?

Sorry for the late response. Are things any better now? I've had no issues - I can say with certainty the site has been running faster for me in the last few weeks - and both pinging the site and its IP gave positive results nine times out of ten.

my original question bordered on rediculous, so lemme be specific. it'd be nice if "this" FAQ were more boilerplate and not mixed up with user request. for example, it might be nice if it were on the main menu or as a sub menu item in the user dropdown.

The FAQ, as in the first post?

I was thinking a prequel and a sequel tag would be good to have. These tags can be included for one-shots that has two parts.

Thinking about it.

last edited at Sep 11, 2014 2:36PM

Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

I was thinking a prequel and a sequel tag would be good to have. These tags can be included for one-shots that has two parts. I was reading this manga http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/even by Miman and there was no next chapter but there was a sequel which is this one: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/step_in

I second this ^
there have actually been several series (and i say series) where i have found out it was multiple parts only after reading. i mean most of the time the uploaders post the prequel/sequel in the manga's thread, but i generally don't look at the thread first (i mean i do now, but i don't think i should have to do that for every oneshot i come across :P )

Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

and I am the only one that has been having new releases load up in ridiculously large formats? like "Stretch" will load up in regular dimensions, about 800 pixels wide, but then I go to chapter 13 of "Yurika's Campus Life" or the new release of chapter 7 of "Honey Quartet" and they load up in insane sizes, 1200+ pixels across. its really cumbersome to read like this. ("Sweet Melancholy" is another one I am having problems with)

is this a problem with my computer? I would think if it was a problem with my computer it would be the same for all manga, meaning that stretch would also be blown up to 1200 pixels across, but its not.....

*edit: and clicking the resize button doesn't help, it actually distorts the image (or skews I guess you could say)

last edited at Sep 6, 2014 3:43PM

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

my original question bordered on rediculous, so lemme be specific. it'd be nice if "this" FAQ were more boilerplate and not mixed up with user request. for example, it might be nice if it were on the main menu or as a sub menu item in the user dropdown.

The FAQ, as in the first post?

OP: didn't know the 1st post was the FAQ, so thanks for making that clear (and yeah, I'll owe up to the fact that I was damn lazy on that one). however, the fact that it, the FAQ, is mixed in with the suggestions can get hairy. unless the FAQ is kept up-to-date, a user would have to scan though pages of comments just to find an answer to a question and that's assuming a user was constantly reading this suggestions/FAQ thread to know that the question or for that matter answer had been raised. so I'll amend my question. is it possible to have the FAQ and the suggestions/questions thread split into two? that way FAQs are FAQs and suggestions/questions not answered by the FAQs have their own space?

last edited at Sep 6, 2014 5:52PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

^Well, it's a FAQ of sorts. The idea of them being together is that before anyone asks for blank, they read the FAQ and see if it's been covered already. I do think there's some merit in them being separated, and maybe that's something that will come into play for the next thread. This one's getting pretty unwieldy as-is....

and I am the only one that has been having new releases load up in ridiculously large formats? like "Stretch" will load up in regular dimensions, about 800 pixels wide, but then I go to chapter 13 of "Yurika's Campus Life" or the new release of chapter 7 of "Honey Quartet" and they load up in insane sizes, 1200+ pixels across. its really cumbersome to read like this. ("Sweet Melancholy" is another one I am having problems with)

is this a problem with my computer? I would think if it was a problem with my computer it would be the same for all manga, meaning that stretch would also be blown up to 1200 pixels across, but its not.....

Any chance for a screenshot of this?

Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

Any chance for a screenshot of this?

of course, I just checked again, and it is still doing it. I can send them to you, but I don't know how? just let me know how you want to go about me getting them to you and I will be more than happy to comply :)

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

You can take screenshot and upload it to photobucket, imgur or whatever image hosting site you prefer...or take a screenshot with puush. Then post the link/pic here.

Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

I guess it is kind of strange I have made it this far without having an account on some sort of image hosting site. oh well, here you go. doing this because I love you guys so much and want to enjoy this website as much as I can ^_^

http://s24.photobucket.com/user/itaylor2011/library/Screen%20Shots

there are 3 pictures that are the size I am used to, 2 of "Stretch" and 1 of Ebisu-Hotei, the others are all super huge and some are distorted because I have clicked the "resize" button. and the big ones quite literally take up my entire computer screen.

last edited at Sep 6, 2014 10:45PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Thanks. Unfortunately omnscient0 is the one who will be of real use here, and he hasn't been around a whole lot lately.

That said, last question, what browser are you using? Does changing browsers change the problem at all (if you've tried)?

last edited at Sep 6, 2014 11:06PM

Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

i am running Internet Explorer 11.0.10 (i know everyone hates internet explorer, but i don't like chrome or firefox so its what i use)

but i do have firefox downloaded on my computer and it loads up normally on firefox..... unfortunately i don't like using firefox.... :(

Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

i am running Internet Explorer 11.0.10 (i know everyone hates internet explorer, but i don't like chrome or firefox so its what i use)

but i do have firefox downloaded on my computer and it loads up normally on firefox..... unfortunately i don't like using firefox.... :(

so I went to a completely different internet network, logged onto a completely different computer, used Internet Explorer 11.0.11 and it still blew up the images to huge sizes. so I think there is an incompatibility between you guys and IE 11. i hope the dynasty people can figure something out. in the mean time i will be using firefox (even though i hate it)

*edit: I am not mad, impatient, or anything I just want to maximize my yuri experience XD

last edited at Sep 7, 2014 5:45PM

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

For some reason whenever I am signed into my account(on my mobile device) the entire list under recently released disappears. This occurs everytime without fail up until I sign out.

last edited at Sep 8, 2014 12:49AM

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

What do you think of somehow tagging guest artists that do a page or two in a doujin?
Tagging them as Artist for the work would be wrong, but it would be nice to know where they have some art.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

so I went to a completely different internet network, logged onto a completely different computer, used Internet Explorer 11.0.11 and it still blew up the images to huge sizes. so I think there is an incompatibility between you guys and IE 11. i hope the dynasty people can figure something out. in the mean time i will be using firefox (even though i hate it)

*edit: I am not mad, impatient, or anything I just want to maximize my yuri experience XD

Yeah, I was aiming to test that when I originally asked, but you're just too fast~
Seems like a pretty simple bug, though we have a similar - much less persistent - hitch with Firefox that also needs fixing. I've added it to the bug list, at the very least.
Sorry and thank you!

What do you think of somehow tagging guest artists that do a page or two in a doujin?
Tagging them as Artist for the work would be wrong, but it would be nice to know where they have some art.

It would probably be more trouble than it's worth, but some separate system for guest art and the like would be kind of nice.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

This site doesn't have bots right? how do we deal with Malware? Ads, Malicious links and the such are REALLY annoying.
EDIT: Cool do I get a medal? no? aww... anyway odd site to advertise furniture...

last edited at Sep 9, 2014 9:59PM

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

I should put together a list for the Takemiya works at some point, but I'll wait for that until we've actually got more of them translated.

(Yes you should!)

There are stills bits that I'm missing (the rest of Game and Love Flicker most prominently), but looking through the Jin I've got:

Adorable to Me (Love Flicker), Worrying (Sayuri-hime 5), Sweet Temptation (Perfume of Love) and Sweet Desire (Perfume of Love) form something of a four-part series—though I couldn't figure out what to call it.

Love*Aroma, Love*Preparation and Love*Aroma 2 (all from Perfume of Love) get continued in Steps with Step Up, Step Forward, Leave Hickey? and Step by Step, Steps extras. I'd tentatively call this Love*Steps, since I can't find an official name for it. Of course, this won't really matter much until we get around to releasing Steps, after KiLa KiLa.

There's also going series spanning KiLa KiLa and Steps, and I believe Game as well, which Jin herself has helpfully referred to as the My Beloved series. I wouldn't bring it up now at all, except the chapter we're working on right now is the first in that series, so I thought I'd at least get the ball rolling and see how you wanted to handle that.

KiLa KiLa (the chapter) also has a direct sequel, Rin Rin—but there are three unrelated chapters between them in the tank, so if you were thinking of implementing some sort of sequel button, that might be a place.

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

Hi, I'd like to request uploader statu as we release stuff quite frequently.
http://dynasty-scans.com/scanlators/nhfh_scanlations

joined Oct 6, 2013

Hello, is there a way to search within your own list? Or filter your list by tag/author/etc... ? If this hasn't been suggested already, I'd like to suggest it.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

I was thinking a prequel and a sequel tag would be good to have. These tags can be included for one-shots that has two parts. I was reading this manga http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/even by Miman and there was no next chapter but there was a sequel which is this one: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/step_in

It's a heck of a band-aid, but I'll do this and proper tagging for it over the weekend.

Also, I think a search function on the forums would be kinda cool (but not really a necessity). So you don't have to find the manga/doujin you commented on to check if someone replied to you, you just have to search on the search bar, eliminating the need for finding the manga>then clickin on the discussion button.

I do believe this has been accepted as a suggestion in the past, though it's yet to be implemented.

There are stills bits that I'm missing (the rest of Game and Love Flicker most prominently), but looking through the Jin I've got

Wow! Awesome.

Adorable to Me (Love Flicker), Worrying (Sayuri-hime 5), Sweet Temptation (Perfume of Love) and Sweet Desire (Perfume of Love) form something of a four-part series—though I couldn't figure out what to call it.

They just had to be in different anthologies, huh?
I'm not sure of this one. Crossing-over characters aside, each of the two main stories are fairly self-contained, and with the way the anthology pages are set up, getting to the second part of each isn't troublesome in the slightest.

Though given that you did go to the trouble of looking through everything, I'd fall back on your judgement here. If you would like them in a series I can come up with a name - would the order you posted them in be most appropriate?

Love*Aroma, Love*Preparation and Love*Aroma 2 (all from Perfume of Love) get continued in Steps with Step Up, Step Forward, Leave Hickey? and Step by Step, Steps extras. I'd tentatively call this Love*Steps, since I can't find an official name for it. Of course, this won't really matter much until we get around to releasing Steps, after KiLa KiLa.

I like that name and am happy to make an unofficial page for it when we get there.

There's also going series spanning KiLa KiLa and Steps, and I believe Game as well, which Jin herself has helpfully referred to as the My Beloved series. I wouldn't bring it up now at all, except the chapter we're working on right now is the first in that series, so I thought I'd at least get the ball rolling and see how you wanted to handle that.

I'll figure it out as we go, handy to have a name ready for it. I think I'd like to go the unofficial series page route and we'll use a cover page that isn't already taken to keep it from getting too confusing. Sound good (this can apply to the previous two as well)?

KiLa KiLa (the chapter) also has a direct sequel, Rin Rin—but there are three unrelated chapters between them in the tank, so if you were thinking of implementing some sort of sequel button, that might be a place.

This is what the tags will be for, for the time-being, thanks.

Hello, is there a way to search within your own list? Or filter your list by tag/author/etc... ? If this hasn't been suggested already, I'd like to suggest it.

No, but it has been suggested. Best alternative for now is using ctrl+f.

last edited at Sep 11, 2014 5:41PM

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

It's a heck of a band-aid, but I'll do this and proper tagging for it over the weekend.

I do believe this has been accepted as a suggestion in the past, though it's yet to be implemented.

There are stills bits that I'm missing (the rest of Game and Love Flicker most prominently), but looking through the Jin I've got

Wow! Awesome.

They just had to be in different anthologies, huh?
I'm not sure of this one. Crossing-over characters aside, each of the two main stories are fairly self-contained, and with the way the anthology pages are set up, getting to the second part of each isn't troublesome in the slightest.

Though given that you did go to the trouble of looking through everything, I'd fall back on your judgement here. If you would like them in a series I can come up with a name - would the order you posted them in be most appropriate?

Yeah, she seems to have gotten into the habit of having works run across multiple anthologies...

This one is the least connected, though (basically two two-parters with a connected character and setting). I'd originally thought there were more pieces, but I may have been mistaken. I might wait and see if something else turns up in the same school setting; they have a pretty distinctive uniform, so that shouldn't be too hard.

I'll figure it out as we go, handy to have a name ready for it. I think I'd like to go the unofficial series page route and we'll use a cover page that isn't already taken to keep it from getting too confusing. Sound good (this can apply to the previous two as well)?

Yeah, that sounds good. The first chapter's cover page will likely be fine—the characters don't appear on any of the volume covers anyway.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

I've noticed some strange category behavior.
Chapters of Private Tsunderation series are also considered to be one-shots.
Since it's not Anthology, but actually Series, I found in weird. Haven't seen that with chapters before.
Also, when reading a chapter, there isn't usual Series: link near the name. The URL is also just chapter_name instead of series_name_chapter_name.

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Oh, I guess I should request uploader status too, so I don't have to ask you guys to put up v2s of things all the time?

(Or v3s. Editor-san noticed an error on a credits page the other day, but I couldn't bear to put in a request for that...)

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This link was posted in the comments for Cuddle Me More: http://gleichan.blog138.fc2.com/blog-entry-47.html

Upshot is that Blue Muffin is upset that people are scanning their stuff and posting online, so I believe it falls to the mods to take those releases down per the author's wishes.

Not making any commentary on whether their reasoning is right or not, their wishes are the important part.

To reply you must either login or sign up.