Forum › Suggestions for Improvement V2 + FAQ

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

@omnscient0: thanks for the feedback! I see where you are coming from.

On a side note, I concur with @Harutan's idea. It would be cool if there was a place or "general forum" as you say, to discuss about yuri or non-yuri related things just for the fun of it.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

The link to La Kuro's site

Fixed, thanks much.

Suggestion: Add ability when reading a chapter from a reading list for "Next Chapter" to go to the next in the list, rather than the next in the category.

For example, I have a Lucky Star list which cuts out the doujins I don't like. When I read through the first on the list, "The Real Battle", I'd like to just automatically move on to the next in the list ,"Aogeki Murasaki Mamoru!", rather than "Lucky Cho" which is next in the Lucky Star category.

Bumping this because it makes too much sense not to.

What do you think of adding new category - something like "Continuity" or "Storyline"? Not sure how to call it.

I will echo this whole post. I think this was brought up some time last year and the response was, "Well there aren't many instances of that." But now there are over a dozen two or three-shots that aren't categorized as such when they really ought to be. (I suppose we could just start making informal series, if that's preferable.)

A few suggestions to improve image board functionality:

-Ability to replace existing image(s). Every once in a while there's a translation error, artist re-upload (for better quality), or something similar; would be nice to fix this the same way we can for individual chapters.

-Browsing button. Dunno the practicality of this, but a browsing button (like we have for image sets) to go forward and back would be nice (especially when browsing all pics of a single artist).

-Danbooru-esque pools. Still working out the usefulness of this, I'll probably make a more complete suggestion of it later.

last edited at Aug 20, 2014 5:02PM

Dynasty02
joined May 25, 2013

-Browsing button. Dunno the practicality of this, but a browsing button (like we have for image sets) to go forward and back would be nice (especially when browsing all pics of a single artist).

I second this from OrangePekoe.

Would be nice if you can continue watching images like you're reading a chapter, so just by simply clicking the mouse or directional button. It's annoying to go back to the gallery the whole time to watch the next image. Don't know if this was meant, but that's my piece of input.

9029(1)a
joined Feb 9, 2013

I don't know if anyone said it before and going through 21 pages iz... Well I have a suggestion, some kind of inbox so that we can exchange messages. I always wanted to say something privately to someone I found in comments or at the forum. You kno, somethin that I don't wanne sayout loud.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

-Danbooru-esque pools. Still working out the usefulness of this, I'll probably make a more complete suggestion of it later.

Oh, I remember now. In image sets (of 2-3 images) there is no moniker indicating what should be read first. Rather than a booru-esque pool, color-coding for parent-child posts would be nice (I can expand on this if necessary).

Additional sourcing options would also be fun, though probably aren't worth the effort.

Example 1: Some fan artists would like to link back to multiple locations, like so. Rather than having to manually insert the second link in he description field, would be useful to be able to put multiple links for scanlators/artists/etc.

Example 2: An additional sourcing option for manga/doujin releases, especially from pixiv. Thus, we could link to the translated and raw version of something, or link to two scanlators who tag-teamed a project, and so on.

last edited at Aug 21, 2014 10:28PM

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

What do you think of adding new category - something like "Continuity" or "Storyline"? Not sure how to call it.

I will echo this whole post. I think this was brought up some time last year and the response was, "Well there aren't many instances of that." But now there are over a dozen two or three-shots that aren't categorized as such when they really ought to be. (I suppose we could just start making informal series, if that's preferable.)

Doesn't this already get done with some series? Or at least it seems to have been done with Morishima Akiko's work.

On the other hand, I can see this getting rather messy quite quickly. If I use what we're working on, for example, there are a series of Takemiya stories set in the same school that are spread out through several tanks (off the top of my head, Love Flicker, Perfume of Love and Steps), and I could see making some pseudo-series page that includes all those chapters. However, the stories set in that school don't overlap that much, so you could also make an argument for keeping each of the individual stories separate. And then there's the argument that this proliferation of pseudo-series would make the author's page messy and confusing: consider again Morishima's page, which has two entries for The Conditions for Paradise using the same cover art (one is for the collection "The Conditions for Paradise" and the other for the chapter "The Conditions for Paradise" and its sequels).

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Doesn't this already get done with some series? Or at least it seems to have been done with Morishima Akiko's work.

Conditions for Paradise? Yeah, I guess that's true. Zettai x Roman is the only other series I know of tagged like this, and that one was sort of an accident. If a single-continuity work starts pushing three or four chapters, there is certainly some argument to be had for giving it a page of its own. But this still doesn't account for two-shots, which clearly are not series of their own.

However, the stories set in that school don't overlap that much, so you could also make an argument for keeping each of the individual stories separate.

If that argument could be made, then I don't think an extra page/sorting option would really be necessary. Limiting it to works that have explicit, otherwise unaccounted-for continuations would hopefully keep things from getting too confusing.

And then there's the argument that this proliferation of pseudo-series would make the author's page messy and confusing: consider again Morishima's page

Two potential solutions, either a) put the pseudo-series page inside the anthology page (could cause its own problems), or b) don't give the pseudo-series a page at all, but change where the redirect leads when pressing "next chapter." In the case of the latter option, this could either be entirely hidden from the user, or it could be presented the same way series' with magazine tags are (i.e. the user can choose whether the next chapter will be the next entry in the magazine, or the next chapter of the series like so).

Of course, there are probably better ways to go about it I'm not thinking of, those are just my quick thoughts on possible ways to fix something that is becoming a bit of a problem.

last edited at Aug 22, 2014 2:36PM

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Conditions for Paradise?

Also 20-year-old Girl and Honey & Mustard. Morishima seems to be particularly egregious for having different series span different tanks.

But this still doesn't account for two-shots, which clearly are not series of their own.

Yeah, that would be helpful

However, the stories set in that school don't overlap that much, so you could also make an argument for keeping each of the individual stories separate.

If that argument could be made, then I don't think an extra page/sorting option would really be necessary. Limiting it to works that have explicit, otherwise unaccounted-for continuations would hopefully keep things from getting too confusing.

Well, in this case, (Unnamed Continuous Takemiya Series), there would be cases where chapters dealing with one set of characters would be separated from each other by chapters dealing with different sets of characters. But at if a read really wanted to skip a bunch of stuff to follow-up on Ryouko and Akemi, at that point you might just say they'd have to do that manually.

Two potential solutions, either a) put the pseudo-series page inside the anthology page (could cause its own problems), or b) don't give the pseudo-series a page at all, but change where the redirect leads when pressing "next chapter." In the case of the latter option, this could either be entirely hidden from the user, or it could be presented the same way series' with magazine tags are (i.e. the user can choose whether the next chapter will be the next entry in the magazine, or the next chapter of the series like so).

Both of those could potentially work. I think the second option is more elegant, though carries the risk that people who might want to use it would never notice it was there (not that I've ever wanted to, but I was unaware I could read in magazine order).

I should put together a list for the Takemiya works at some point, but I'll wait for that until we've actually got more of them translated.

joined Jun 18, 2014

I submitted an improved translation (and cleaning up of various dust spots) of a one-shot whose earlier version was uploaded in 2013. Was it rejected or just didn't get looked at yet?

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

I submitted an improved translation (and cleaning up of various dust spots) of a one-shot whose earlier version was uploaded in 2013. Was it rejected or just didn't get looked at yet?

[Sekihan] Kirakira Toron (COMIC LO 2010-12 Vol. 81) [English]
http://exhentai.org/g/732882/b9605f55fb/

you mean this? I am sure they will take a look at it.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Yeah, just got lost in a bit of a batch of requests yesterday. It's up now.

Also 20-year-old Girl and Honey & Mustard. Morishima seems to be particularly egregious for having different series span different tanks.

Very true. With that and some other stuff in mind, I think for any work spanning more than two "chapters," an informal series is probably the best way to go.

Both of those could potentially work. I think the second option is more elegant, though carries the risk that people who might want to use it would never notice it was there (not that I've ever wanted to, but I was unaware I could read in magazine order).

Yeah, no perfect solution I can come up with. In any case, omnscient0 will eventually come up with something nice.

I should put together a list for the Takemiya works at some point, but I'll wait for that until we've actually got more of them translated.

(Yes you should!)

joined Jun 18, 2014

[Sekihan] Kirakira Toron (COMIC LO 2010-12 Vol. 81) [English]
http://exhentai.org/g/732882/b9605f55fb/

you mean this? I am sure they will take a look at it.

Yep.

Two things: when the new file was uploaded to this site the upload date was changed from May 13, 2013 to August 25, 2013 (should be 2014 of course), and it should probably be added to the "recently added" list (like another improved translation/editing I uploaded two months back was).

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Good now?

last edited at Aug 27, 2014 11:11AM

joined Jun 18, 2014

Good now?

Yep.

Tumblr_npkmdbqiwy1s7m7t3o1_1280
joined Jul 21, 2013

Suggestion here, it would be great if I can do search/filter using multiple tags. For example: "Yuri", but I also want "Comedy" with it..

Or maybe it's already there, I never know how...

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

^Enter something into the search field and click enter. Then click the "advanced" button and this drop-down will appear:

Type a tag in the "with tags" section and hit enter. (and so on)

Tumblr_npkmdbqiwy1s7m7t3o1_1280
joined Jul 21, 2013

^Awesome

joined Jul 3, 2014

I like the idea put by one user on page 18 about being able to post for each page of a manga and can't see any downsides

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

I wonder, maybe the re-uploads should be marked in some way in Recently Added?

last edited at Aug 27, 2014 4:54PM

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

not sure if it's just me, but this website has been loading at an excruciatingly slow pace for the past two days.

Aikatsu%2050%20aoi%20ichigo%20hug%20test
joined Apr 18, 2013

not sure if it's just me, but this website has been loading at an excruciatingly slow pace for the past two days.

Its not just you. I'm getting slow loading when switching from one page to another, and someone on another forum confirmed that he/she is having the same issue with the reader.

Its unclear if its just the reader or the site as a whole. The forum here seems to load quickly, but its mostly text as opposed to sizable images like those on the reader pages.

To verify it wasn't the content I tried loading up the same manga/doujin from here and from yuri project.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/torotoro_himeawase_ch01

https://reader.yuriproject.net/read/torotoro_himeawase/en/0/1/

The yuri project pages load up instantly, so the issue is with either Dynasty's server or its reader.

last edited at Aug 27, 2014 11:07PM

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

uploaded some isora pics and translated comic

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

my original question bordered on rediculous, so lemme be specific. it'd be nice if "this" FAQ were more boilerplate and not mixed up with user request. for example, it might be nice if it were on the main menu or as a sub menu item in the user dropdown.

last edited at Aug 30, 2014 9:56PM

Aikatsu%2050%20aoi%20ichigo%20hug%20test
joined Apr 18, 2013

Don't know if its related to the slowdown we're experiencing, but I noticed when pinging dynasty-scans.com that one (the second) of the pings fails (request time out). If I ping the IP address 2 out of the 4 fail. A tracert on dynasty-scans.com suggests areas with problems in the route may be: 80.231.152.66 , if-1-2.tcore1.nyy-new-york.as6453.net , and 107.12.17.250 . Anyone else able to confirm these results?

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

I was thinking a prequel and a sequel tag would be good to have. These tags can be included for one-shots that has two parts. I was reading this manga http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/even by Miman and there was no next chapter but there was a sequel which is this one: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/step_in

To reply you must either login or sign up.