Forum › Love triangle (malexfemalexfemale) from the point of view of the guy?

joined Jan 16, 2017

I know this might sound like blasphemy, but are there any stories from the point of view of the guy where he wins in the end? Basically he loves the female lead who is bisexual and she is caught between him and another girl. In the end she chooses the guy because she loves him more, not because of "societal norms" or anything like that.

last edited at Nov 19, 2017 9:29PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

There's a horrible one like that but is not from the pov of the guy... Ironically is called "happy end" because the author despise humanity

last edited at Nov 19, 2017 10:41PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

What would be the point? Sounds unpleasant.

joined Jan 16, 2017

There's a horrible one like that but is not from the pov of the guy... Ironically is called "happy end" because the author despise humanity

I don't consider Happy End what I want. Plus...

She only married the guy because she wanted a child. I wouldn't be surprised if she continued her relationship with her sister thus cementing herself to be an even worse person.

last edited at Nov 19, 2017 11:06PM

joined Jan 16, 2017

Because I'd like to see something different?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Because I'd like to see something different?

Hitting yourself in the face with a mallet would be different too, but I wouldn't recommend it.

last edited at Nov 19, 2017 11:07PM

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

Honestly, Nezchan, many things (like the Netflix LGBTQ collection) that involves sapphic women often results in them going back to their predestined male lover. Either that or their female lover gets sick and dies.

joined Dec 4, 2016

I thought this is thread about how male Yuri fan despise love triangle with male on it, more than female Yuri fan.

Av
joined May 25, 2015

Though I've got to admit I don't care much for that kind of development, I can think of a couple not exactly like it but I believe are close enough:
1. Kodomo no Jikan It's rather clear from the beginning that there never really was a competition. Nonetheless it's a lovely story.
2. Slow Starter by Harumi Chihiro, probably Honestly I didn't read this one, seemed too much drama for me, I just skipped to the ending and left it at that; it seems to fit what you're asking for, at least out of context.
3. Scum's wish, at least the Sanae bit, kinda This one is more a bunch of unrequited loves coming to a close.

joined Jan 21, 2015

I gave this some thought and it's surprisingly hard to find a story where a female character falls in love with a girl, and then with a boy, and her feelings for another girl aren't treated as a phase. The TV Tropes "Bi the way" page wasn't much help. If I had to guess a reason for this, I'd say it's because anime and manga rarely treat bisexuality seriously in the first place. Possibly Shin Sekai Yori? I haven't watched it, but apparently it portrayed its same-sex relationships as serious even though they didn't end well. I've seen conflicting opinions about it, though.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Writing about a romance like that just always smells of some sort of heteronormative preferences (and/or bait), even if that accusation is unfair and completely unwarranted. But I wouldn't want to touch the theme with a ten foot pole.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Writing about a romance like that just always smells of some sort of heteronormative preferences (and/or bait), even if that accusation is unfair and completely unwarranted. But I wouldn't want to touch the theme with a ten foot pole.

There's also the scent of "curing the lesbian" which is a foul smell indeed.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

14-sai no Koi and Binetsu Kuukan both have something along these lines. But it's really more just that there is some girl who is in love with the female lead and never confesses, so the love triangle element stays in the background.

joined Jan 16, 2017

Thank you for the people who suggested things. The rest of you sound ignorant. It's perfectly plausible for a girl who is bi to fall for the guy without it being "Oh she's just being cured of her gayness". I thought the people of this site were supposed to be open-minded, but all it really shows is that they are just as close-minded at the homophobes they slam. 2 wrongs don't make a right.

last edited at Nov 20, 2017 11:47AM

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

I gave this some thought and it's surprisingly hard to find a story where a female character falls in love with a girl, and then with a boy, and her feelings for another girl aren't treated as a phase. The TV Tropes "Bi the way" page wasn't much help. If I had to guess a reason for this, I'd say it's because anime and manga rarely treat bisexuality seriously in the first place. Possibly Shin Sekai Yori? I haven't watched it, but apparently it portrayed its same-sex relationships as serious even though they didn't end well. I've seen conflicting opinions about it, though.

Shinsekai Yori technically fits the bill? I don't wanna spoil anything, but I guess it sorta fits what OP is looking for. The romance isn't really the focus of the story, though.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Shinsekai Yori technically fits the bill? I don't wanna spoil anything, but I guess it sorta fits what OP is looking for. The romance isn't really the focus of the story, though.

Well the gay and het stuff are set quite apart form eachother, and it's from the girl's POV

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Im slightly convinced this is just /u/ trying to get a reaction but I'll bite anyway: why would you want to willingly read shit and why ask a heavy GL reader forum for this?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Im slightly convinced this is just /u/ trying to get a reaction but I'll bite anyway: why would you want to willingly read shit and why ask a heavy GL reader forum for this?

It does seem weird that someone's going to walk into a forum where people think the girl not getting together with another girl is an unhappy ending (and I concur), especially in a medium where most stories about bisexual girls aren't very nice to those girls at all. And then make a huge display about how homophobic we all are.

It is to laugh.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

While the exact setup describe by OP is not exactly my cup of tea, I think it reflects badly on respondents that someone comes in and asks, "Do you know any stories like this?" and the majority of responses are some variant of "What you like is bad, you are bad, and you should feel bad."

joined Jun 12, 2015

Thank you for the people who suggested things. The rest of you sound ignorant. It's perfectly plausible for a girl who is bi to fall for the guy without it being "Oh she's just being cured of her gayness". I thought the people of this site were supposed to be open-minded, but all it really shows is that they are just as close-minded at the homophobes they slam. 2 wrongs don't make a right.

What are you talking about ? Of course bi women can choose a man in the end, I see nobody here arguing against that.
The thing is, the kind of story you are asking for almost always go for the curing lesbianism/just a phase/dead gay angle, or the woman love interest is not even taken seriously. So please excuse this site for being close minded about story who are mostly close minded themselves.

When we get a story which doesn't sound like a slap in the face from begining to end, with character you want to root for regardless of their gender, and none of the usual bullshit, I'm sure people here will gladly share it with you. But for now, I don't think this kind of story exist yet, so sorry

joined May 7, 2011

There is a story here On Dynasty - Girl x Girl x Boy. It not quite what you seem to interested in, but you might like it. Set up is boy likes lesbian, lesbian likes straight girl, straight girl likes boy. I just looked at it again and the ending is different than I remember. My memory was that the boy and the lesbian meet up, console each other a little, then go their separate ways after being led on a merry dance by the straight girl. The real ending is much better.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

When we get a story which doesn't sound like a slap in the face from begining to end, with character you want to root for regardless of their gender, and none of the usual bullshit, I'm sure people here will gladly share it with you. But for now, I don't think this kind of story exist yet, so sorry

There might be some stuff in western fiction, but I haven't heard of much manga other than the "sorta maybe" stuff mentioned here already.

As I've said on other topics, I don't really trust most manga authors to write about anything sensitive without mucking it up. There's a lot that don't even manage something as simple as lesbians.

joined Mar 15, 2017

Rina's route in Sakura no Uta, if you take the branch where she chooses the main character.

To reply you must either login or sign up.