Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

As long as we're heading one step closer to a Yuu x Sayaka end, I have no complaints. ♪(v^_^)v

(Might be unlikely, but whatever LOL)

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

^ Nakatani is female, btw. Rather than normal adult life, I kinda want Nakatani to go full psychological fantasy yuri (with adult characters). We don't lack adult yuri manga as much as we lack fantasy yuri.

Like her Touho doujins but with an original setting? I would totally watch that in an instant.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

^ Yes. It'll be Gurenki 2.0 but doesn't have that part where the manga gets axed.

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

buckles up

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

Soooo Nanami only likes Yuu because she's safe? That's what I got from the phone convo anyways. (That kinda hurt.)

Well, as another poster mentioned, in chapter 10 the rules were established:

1. Stay with me. Don't fall in love with anyone else.
  2. Don't come to hate me.
  3. Hold hands with me while we walk home today... (that day only...)

I understood the rules from the get go, and I understood Yuu's understanding of her position as well. The difference between then and now is the way the relationship was portrayed.
Initially I thought that Kaichou cared about Yuu but never wanted her to reciprocate because of her own emotional damage from everything with her sister.
However after this chapter it just feels like she's only playing with Yuu because Yuu won't hurt her.

91174211_215395393136656_8792315491096985600_n
joined Dec 5, 2016

Touko's not playing with Yuu, she truly loves Yuu but for some reason she's frightened of what would happen if Yuu loved her too.

...which she does, so at some point Touko's bound to break Yuu's heart in a million tiny shards. Call me a sadist but I'm looking forward for that moment. This is becoming my favorite yuri story ever.

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

Touko's not playing with Yuu, she truly loves Yuu but for some reason she's frightened of what would happen if Yuu loved her too.

...which she does, so at some point Touko's bound to break Yuu's heart in a million tiny shards. Call me a sadist but I'm looking forward for that moment. This is becoming my favorite yuri story ever.

I think that Touko's afraid that whoever falls in love with her is falling in love with an image. We know she's emulating her sister and that's why she's hesitant about anyone loving her.

last edited at Jan 31, 2017 7:05PM

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

Hopefully Touko will get over it once the play is over. They don't have much time considering Yuu is clearly loving her already. I love how her sister is actively shipping them too.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Initially I thought that Kaichou cared about Yuu but never wanted her to reciprocate because of her own emotional damage from everything with her sister.
However after this chapter it just feels like she's only playing with Yuu because Yuu won't hurt her.

I think that Touko's afraid that whoever falls in love with her is falling in love with an image. We know she's emulating her sister and that's why she's hesitant about anyone loving her.

Nah, chapter 10 guys
Because the word "love" is like a shackle. Touko doesn't want to be loved, she sees it as a fucking burden. Yuu has never loved, supposedly couldn't love, and so Touko thought she was the nicest person ever, because she will never burden anyone with those feelings.

last edited at Jan 31, 2017 8:51PM

Mustang
joined Jan 24, 2016

I think one of the things that I have noticed is that the manga itself is showing that the word "love" in society can be thrown around too liberally almost to the point where it loses any and all meaning, which is what we are seeing with Yuu and Touko, those two have likely seen the word (love) being thrown around without any thought process, almost to the point where it doesn't mean a thing to them.

but what that has effectively done, is that it allows Yuu and Touko to stand on common ground, which could lead to them falling in love with each other, which is almost poetic really. they both cannot really stand the word love, yet they are getting closer to being in love with one another.

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

Gah. The way Yuu finds herself realizing that she loves Touko just makes my heart wrench. Why do I have such bad feelings for the outcome of all this?

joined Sep 2, 2015

Welll damm App who knew you were so down.

But God damn this manga is good, its just sad how easily if somebody dosnt pay attention they might see this as just a blank story. It's really nice to see both characters break free from their own shackles, and I'm really curious what they really are. We can speculate but its really hard to know.

Touko may or may not actually like Yuu, she's really good at facades. But there's also the view that she actually likes Yuu and is trying to recreate her own identity around Yuu because she feels safe. And for those saying that, that is using her thats bs, relationships created around a mutual positive for both people arn't fake; relationships arn't just roses, candles and lovey eyes.

Then there's Yuu who is possible 10x more complicated. While its easy to say she loves Touku, I find it hard to believe that somebody that detached became attached because of 'love'. I find it much more likely that Yuu is with Touku because of Touku's constant attention, when you are lonely somebody always wanting to be with you is a warming feeling. Not to say Yuu dosnt like Touku at all, this is a love story after all not a drama.

Good manga so far

last edited at Feb 1, 2017 2:17AM

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

And what would Yuu get out of it? Attention and validity, I think.

I've never sat down and really considered what Yuu gets out of all of this, but, here's an idea that has popped into my head:

Yuu has felt so disconnected from everything because no one has really shown her the depth of their feelings. Yuu can't really be with someone who is shy about affection. She actually needs someone to be as obsessed and demanding as Touko. She's observant and she pays attention to details, but her emotional IQ is completely out the door. Trying to have an emotional affair with Yuu is like trying to teach calculus to the special ed kids. She can understand that someone is in love with her, but she can't understand what that means to her, not unless it is consistently flashed in her face with big bold bright red letters everyday, forcing her to think and dwell on it.

And I don't think just any ol' person would do. If Natsuki were to have tried that, for example, I don't think it would have had to same effect. But I'm bias. I'm a firm believer that Yuu really truly loves Touko because she's Touko.

joined Sep 19, 2014

This better have a good ending!!

I'm a little worried but I'm sure they will be able to comunicate and it will end well.

Tumblr_oacx7rl55f1tltatqo1_500
joined May 19, 2016

This better have a good ending!!

I'm a little worried but I'm sure they will be able to comunicate and it will end well.

(i'm assuming what you mean by 'good ending' is an ending where everyone is happy)
considering the author previous works, she loves to have: a)bad ending b)open ending where everything is so vague and we can only speculate things. I, at least, hope we get open ending, happy ending will be a dream comes true to me. (of course i hope so too)

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

I'm finding myself in a similar situation as Yuu now. aaaa pray for us all

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Awwwwwww it's so nice to see Yuu faalling sloooowly for Nanamiiiiiiii I love theeeem <3

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

So happy to finally be able to buy this in English. Not that I wouldn't buy them in Japanese. It's just that was working my way up to buying everything I've read from japan. I buy a bunch of stuff every few months.

Great chapter. I love seeing why they are attracted to each other. At least, at the moment. I just want to buy a crate full of this manga and give them away free at anime conventions.

last edited at Feb 1, 2017 2:42PM

joined Dec 5, 2016

Awwwwwww it's so nice to see Yuu faalling sloooowly for Nanamiiiiiiii I love theeeem <3

This comment expresses my sincerest feelings.

F6027a7c125b156932db27aa264cfb2a
joined Jul 3, 2015

The image at the end of this chapter implies the birth of her new feelings emerging. The way she's shown in a fetus position like she's born anew - very clever from the author.

Mato-san%201%201
joined Jan 10, 2015

Kinda random but hopefully, at the end, the author decide to stick with the current Touko image and not chop her hair off. (I'm a sucker for long black hair character, like Iono). Since it seem Yuu is starting to change, if Touko really did end up with Yuu, I fear the idea of being her true self will result in some hair chopping T.T

9-11-1
joined Nov 16, 2015

You know you're falling hard when you do the feet curly thing.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Kinda random but hopefully, at the end, the author decide to stick with the current Touko image and not chop her hair off. (I'm a sucker for long black hair character, like Iono). Since it seem Yuu is starting to change, if Touko really did end up with Yuu, I fear the idea of being her true self will result in some hair chopping T.T

I'm conflicted about this. I also have long black hair fetish so I do want Touko to keep her hair long. But, Touko chopping her hair to look like herself before the incidence & not like her sister is nice, too. Fetish satisfaction vs thematic satisfaction... I can't decide...

joined Dec 5, 2016

The image at the end of this chapter implies the birth of her new feelings emerging. The way she's shown in a fetus position like she's born anew - very clever from the author.

I kinda thought it was about innocence, since Yuu's falling in love for the first time, she's completely unguarded for the heartbreak Touko's bound to give her.

Xxx
joined Nov 25, 2016

I'm very happy Yuu is falling, but...Touko wishes for her not to change, so...pain is coming. Bittersweet.

To reply you must either login or sign up.