Forum › Yuri Danshi discussion

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

I am. Now to scour all of them to see where they make reference to Kindred Spirits, because I have a problem

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Huh, I thought this was cancelled because the guy took too much of the spotlight and drew too much backlash from fans. I was going to make some stupid wisecrack about how it would've been the most meta "yuri" manga ever. Male yuri fan, all the in-jokes and all the references to real yuri series, that realization that males don't have much of a place in an ideal yuri world, and then the manga gets cancelled because a manga featuring a male yuri fan has no place in the world.

Tumblr_mw6qvr5yfa1shyngio1_500
joined Oct 25, 2013

This guy is so relatable.

Especially about those BS "Yuri-bait".

Drawing_cat_cute_baby_by_vaniinamagic-d6mb7g2
joined Sep 1, 2016

This guy is my hero.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Relatable as fuck.

joined Jun 11, 2016

yuricon hate yuri danshi if i'm not mistaken.

At least they don't act like this

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

You know, I never had any issues with kashimashi. In fact, I've always loved it.. watched the anime when it came out and bought the Manga (liked the Manga way more tho).. I never understood the hate it got for being called not a "real" yuri series just because one character used to be male when she accepted being female and ended up happy as she was.... at least it's not a male character cross dressing and still trying to call it yuri?

This chapter had some good stuff tho. I have a guy friend who loves yuri and I feel like it'd speak deeply to him

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

This manga is 10/10. Love the humour and the reference to other yuri works. I relate to the MC eventhough Im a girl so its less creepy then the guy stalking girls to see when they kiss. This is the best parody of yuri fans.

joined Oct 16, 2016

Added suggested tag changes to this manga, I hope they will be accepted.
I can't really understand why a yuri tag is used for work which has zero yuri content and in recent translated chapter 3 we see romantic kissing between a girl and her cross-dressing boyfriend. And as we know from posted raws there's zero actual yuri content in further volumes either till it got canned.
It's a bad thing to intentionally mislead other readers with bad intentional tagging.

joined Jun 12, 2015

^Well, I have to agree about no actual yuri in Yuri Danshi. Even Kurata Uso apologized for this on twitter.

2015-09-26-23-21-01-1
joined Aug 1, 2015

why do I relate to this guy so much even thought I'm not a male..it's so funny xD ahahah
no what, are you serious? why there isn't any yuri in a manga that has the word yuri everywhere?!

Sora
joined Oct 16, 2016

If anyone is interested, here are the raws of all 5 volumes.

Thank you!
If only I had come here a few days sooner (´・ω・`)

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Well, it's literally about yuri though. Even if technically, there aren't any yuri, the entire focus of the narration and plot (?) revolves around yuri itself. Rather than actual yuri, it's largely about the genre itself. You couldn't really tag it anything else, but idk, maybe subtext for what may or may not be happening in the background with his classmates

joined Jul 31, 2013

Yeah, there absolutely has to be a yuri tag on this. If your argument is that there's no yuri in it, I would point you to the pictures of girls kissing and holding hands that are contained in every chapter.

joined Oct 16, 2016

Yeah, there absolutely has to be a yuri tag on this. If your argument is that there's no yuri in it, I would point you to the pictures of girls kissing and holding hands that are contained in every chapter.

So subtext maybe then? Maybe there should be a new "yuri delusion" tag or "imaginery yuri" added specially for such kind of series, yeah that sounds good, at least there should be a warning for cross-dressing content and with that "het" making out content in chapter 3.

last edited at Oct 16, 2016 2:37PM

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

subtext and wishful thinking sound fine.

last edited at Oct 16, 2016 2:45PM

joined Sep 19, 2015

And the legend continues.

Also, I saw those sfx.

last edited at Oct 16, 2016 2:57PM

Sora
joined Oct 16, 2016

I understand the pragmatism behind adding the "crossdressing" and "het" tags, but it's kind of regrettable that it gives away the joke just like that.

Rsz_1465926231839
joined Jun 24, 2015

The sins of cross dressing MUST ABSOLUTELY NEVER BE FORGIVEN!!! This author is a hero

joined May 24, 2014

yuricon hate yuri danshi if i'm not mistaken.

At least they don't act like this

Wow. That's a whole new level of fucked up.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, Yuri Danshi is mostly poking fun at yuri and its tropes. There's no actual yuri, or the MC misses it entirely.

It gets old really fast.

Also, Wildrose is the "raunchy" version of Yuri Hime.

This whole manga is Yuri Hime mocking its own male readership.

Finally, the tags of this chapter are rather unfortunate. They spoil the whole plot twist.

last edited at Oct 16, 2016 3:38PM

Femshep%20x%20liara%20avatar
joined Dec 8, 2013

We should have a Meta tag.

joined Jun 11, 2016

Why would Yuri Hime mock its male demographic ? What the hell would that accomplish ?

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Aside from the gag about Wildrose mostly I just read this chapter wanting to strangle the guy D:

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Why would Yuri Hime mock its male demographic ? What the hell would that accomplish ?

I assume satirizing rather than mocking, since they don't seem to be mean about it.

Certain Demographics do seem awfully sensitive to humour involving them these days, and take it as a personal attack. But I don't think male Yuri Hime readers are generally one of them.

To reply you must either login or sign up.