Forum › Hana and Hina After School discussion

joined Oct 12, 2013

This explain the dealy:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-04-21/comic-high-magazine-to-end-in-may/.87334

"Amano Shuninta's Last Menhealer"

Anyone else heard about this one before?

It's not yuri.

First 3 chapters:
http://seiga.nicovideo.jp/comic/16424

I didn't think it was, I was just curious what it was about.

F494445ccf14390bf6c2ed5513bce72a
joined Oct 31, 2013

Anyone else is dying for chapter 7 already?? :(

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Me too. Well, I've got it scheduled after the one I'm currently working on (TLU 2nd edition vol 1 special), but I've become somewhat busy in real life, so I can't say how quick I'll get it out.

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

I'd love to help, but I'm godawful at keeping to schedules, so I'd probably make things worse... =.=;;

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Me too. Well, I've got it scheduled after the one I'm currently working on (TLU 2nd edition vol 1 special), but I've become somewhat busy in real life, so I can't say how quick I'll get it out.

I was really grateful to have the raws linked. Always helps me wait. Take care of what you need to.

Icono%20daijishin%20pony
joined Mar 13, 2016

I've never quite wrapped my head around how good Morinaga is with how simple her stuff is. I've yacked about it, come up with various points about all the things she does well, but still it weirds me out; she's like a Taoist master of yuri.

I'm completly agree with you, Purple Library Guy!! Morinaga is amazing, even if she is so simple and working on the same topics as the most others (first love, homophobia fears...) but.... It's just so dawn perfect, only she makes it so beautiful to read, oh gosh <3 <3 <3 I just can't explain it LOL . She is not the Queen of yuri for nothing :__)

Icono%20daijishin%20pony
joined Mar 13, 2016

Yeah, like Tiger said, take your time!! We will wait for it super thankful ^-^.
This series are one of the best, even if it takes so much time we will never forget about them, hehehe.
Yuri Girl 1001, thank you and Ganbatte!!! :D <3

Malibu Uploader
Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

I have a bit of spare time, and can clean up these raws... Anyone know where I can find a translator for the Bezald raw images?

To make things clear, I'm not trying to belittle or say that Fly By Yuri isn't doing a stellar job, I'm just antsy, and want to help out.

last edited at Jun 7, 2016 7:21PM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Since Seven Seas licensed this one a few days ago, I no longer plan on continuing the scanlation. Of course, if they do the unthinkable and drop it before it's done (but that won't happen) I'll do any volumes that they don't.

Malibu Uploader
Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

Killer :D Where did you read the news? I just got done purchasing Volume 2 and was already trying to extract the raws :/ I was pulling near 4k resolutions at 72 ppi too...

Malibu Uploader
Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

Found it :)

http://www.gomanga.com/articles/extraextra/seven-seas-rediscovers-the-meaning-of-cute-with-milk-morinagas-hana-%26-hina-after-school-yuri-manga/885

Holy damn they want us to wait for a while: "Hana & Hina After School Vol. 1 will be released on March 14, 2017"

I may just have to keep working on volume 2! Time to find a translator...

last edited at Jun 10, 2016 11:12PM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Official translations are rarely quick, but I'm looking forward to it and have already ordered Volume 1. (Of course that won't stop me from looking through the Japanese to see what's coming. I promise, it's really engrossing.)

Sorry I'm not continuing this one, but it's always been my intent to step aside for the official release when it came. I just didn't expect it this soon.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Since Seven Seas licensed this one a few days ago, I no longer plan on continuing the scanlation.

As expected, yeah. Altho, rip that chapter 7. Idk how long you've worked on it or how far you've gotten, but rip for the time spent on it. Thank you for having done Vol 1 tho, brought the series to our attention. I'm totally hyped for when it comes out c: Once again, thank you for your time and efforts ^^

Malibu Uploader
Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

For sure, the first volume done by Fly By Yuri was nothing but stellar, and made me fall in love with the series. I'll try to post my Raws and PSD files tonight. Any place in particular I should post them?

joined Jun 12, 2015

Wait. So, any new chapter will not be posted here anymore because it's licenced now?

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Wait. So, any new chapter will not be posted here anymore because it's licenced now?

Yeah.

Not that there will be new ones, cause Fly By Yuri dropped it and all.

man i dont evne know anymore, maybe if HQ scanlations get made of it still.

last edited at Jun 12, 2016 1:31AM

joined Oct 12, 2013

Now we play the waiting game.

Malibu Uploader
Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

High res raws being uploaded now, here:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5EVjtosupv0STU1Z3VmRkEySkk&usp=sharing

Is anyone here a translator? :)

Assuming scanlating these is cool, even if it's licensed... Either way, the cleaned (and mostly re-drawn) Chapter 7 is uploaded to the link above.

last edited at Jun 12, 2016 12:09AM

Malibu Uploader
Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

I have a translator, so the journey begins :) more updates to follow...

joined Sep 21, 2014

Not that im thrilled about waiting a year just to read vol 2, but is this alright/isnt this a bit awkward? That Fly by Yuri drops the scanlations in response to the licensing, out of respect/support, and that right after someone else steps in and volunteers to pick it up/picks it up?

last edited at Jun 14, 2016 8:20PM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Not that im thrilled about waiting a year just to read vol 2, but is this alright/isnt this a bit awkward? That Fly by Yuri drops the scanlations in response to the licensing, out of respect/support, and that right after someone else steps in and volunteers to pick it up/picks it up?

Well it's the same as Bloom Into You. It was dropped because it was licensed and then other people picked it up and the new scanlations were uploaded here.

I think technically in terms of hosting it on Dynasty, it's "okay" since from my understanding, Dynasty only removes it if they get a notice from the licensing companies to take it down. What the scanlators decide to do and what Dynasty decides to do aren't related at all.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Well it's the same as Bloom Into You. It was dropped because it was licensed and then other people picked it up and the new scanlations were uploaded here.

I think technically in terms of hosting it on Dynasty, it's "okay" since from my understanding, Dynasty only removes it if they get a notice from the licensing companies to take it down.

True. I just kinda remembered it as YP being busy too and not really caring. They hadn't stopped when Citrus was licensed, for instance.

What the scanlators decide to do and what Dynasty decides to do aren't related at all.

But this isnt true tho, from my understanding, Dynasty is like, known for respecting scanlator wishes. Asking for permission to upload, respecting their wishes if they wanna have stuff removed, something like that
From what I see, Fly by Yuri is stopping specifically because of the licensing, support and stuff.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I think technically in terms of hosting it on Dynasty, it's "okay" since from my understanding, Dynasty only removes it if they get a notice from the licensing companies to take it down.

True. I just kinda remembered it as YP being busy too and not really caring. They hadn't stopped when Citrus was licensed, for instance.

YP stopped scanlating Bloom Into You because Gulf Standard (I think) didn't want to translate it after it got licensed to support the official release. So it's the same deal as Fly by Yuri.

It's a little more complicated on YP's side though since YP is just a board for anybody to help with on scanlations so maybe the rules are different for YP.

What the scanlators decide to do and what Dynasty decides to do aren't related at all.

But this isnt true tho, from my understanding, Dynasty is like, known for respecting scanlator wishes. Asking for permission to upload, respecting their wishes if they wanna have stuff removed, something like that
From what I see, Fly by Yuri is stopping specifically because of the licensing, support and stuff.

Hm, but since they respect scanlators' wishes, what about the new scanlation group's wishes? Since FbY doesn't own the series and only own the work on their scanlations, they can only request things to be done with their own scanlations. So I think if FbY wanted all previous chapters she worked on to be taken down, she can, but that doesn't mean that another group's scanlations can't be uploaded to replace them.

Well in the end, it's up to the admins of Dynasty to decide what they want to upload. This is just what I understand from seeing other similar cases throughout the years.

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

Faust said
"But this isnt true tho, from my understanding, Dynasty is like, known for respecting scanlator wishes. Asking for permission to upload, respecting their wishes if they wanna have stuff removed, something like that
From what I see, Fly by Yuri is stopping specifically because of the licensing, support and stuff."

It is an interesting subject. I've seen Citrus chapters pop up now and again despite being licensed. But like Centaurs Worries that was completely dropped after being licensed. Some series like Rotte No Omocha were dropped by one scanlator group, but finished by another, but not uploaded here.

So yeah, the politics that go into uploading series is both interesting and frustrating.
I'm personally glad it's getting an official release. I'm grateful to those of you who worked hard and uploaded this series here. I fell in love with it, and will buy it because of your work.
Thank you for your hard work and kindness.

last edited at Jun 14, 2016 10:17PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

YP stopped scanlating Bloom Into You because Gulf Standard (I think) didn't want to translate it after it got licensed to support the official release. So it's the same deal as Fly by Yuri.

It's a little more complicated on YP's side though since YP is just a board for anybody to help with on scanlations so maybe the rules are different for YP.

oh okay, I see, thats cool.

Hm, but since they respect scanlators' wishes, what about the new scanlation group's wishes? Since FbY doesn't own the series and only own the work on their scanlations, they can only request things to be done with their own scanlations. So I think if FbY wanted all previous chapters she worked on to be taken down, she can, but that doesn't mean that another group's scanlations can't be uploaded to replace them.

Well in the end, it's up to the admins of Dynasty to decide what they want to upload. This is just what I understand from seeing other similar cases throughout the years.

Hmm, I do recall the other Morinaga licensed series being taken down. If FbY requests so, they'd probs do it.
Ik FbY don't own the series or anything, and that anyone can take it up now that they've announced dropping it, but hm I just never thought about it before and I wonder if it seems redundant, dropping it to support it, only to have someone else pick it up.
For Bloom Into You, 4s had already been scanlating it actually, since chapter 6, after iHoshiku dropped it. I'm not sure what happened in between tbh, seemed odd that YP then announced picking it up and dropping it, while 4s still nonchalantly continuing their stuff lol. I wonder if anyone brought that up while it had being ongoing

last edited at Jun 14, 2016 10:20PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.