Forum › Hana and Hina After School discussion

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Faust said
"But this isnt true tho, from my understanding, Dynasty is like, known for respecting scanlator wishes. Asking for permission to upload, respecting their wishes if they wanna have stuff removed, something like that
From what I see, Fly by Yuri is stopping specifically because of the licensing, support and stuff."

It is an interesting subject. I've seen Citrus chapters pop up now and again despite being licensed. But like Centaurs Worries that was completely dropped after being licensed. Some series like Rotte No Omocha were dropped by one scanlator group, but finished by another, but not uploaded here.

I meant it like, that Dynasty respects the scanlator wishes on their scan work. So if for instance, a series gets licensed and a team decides to do x actions in regards to it, Dynasty will oblige. Seems like, if something gets licensed, Dynasty doesn't really do anything about it, it's more what the scanlators decide, and Dynasty just respects and follows their wishes. If they drop it, that's cool. If they want all done chapters removes (i.e. Lillicious), that's cool. If they don't say anything (Citrus), that's cool too. That's what I've seen.

last edited at Jun 14, 2016 10:36PM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

But like Centaurs Worries that was completely dropped after being licensed.

The reason why Centaurs Worries was dropped was because Futari Wa Pretty Anon lost interest in it. I think they were still scanlating it alongside the official release so it wasn't dropped because it was licensed. If another group really wanted to pick it up and scanlate it, new chapters would probably still be uploaded.

But yeah...like you said, the politics behind uploading licensed series here gets a little confusing haha. Only Dynasty knows what they wanna do in the end~

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

Faust and Chikaon. You shed some light on some things I didn't think of or didn't know.
Tanks!!

Malibu Uploader
Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

In the end, I just want to pay the mangaka for their work. Problem is, they aren't getting the money they deserve with unofficial online translations; even though I legit bought the Japanese manga, they don't get paid when I share the translation. I like that the US license guarantees the mangaka gets paid for the US sales (I'd assume), but until that content is available, I feel like scanlation falls in a gray area, much like song parodies and video game let's plays.

The content we provide brings these awesome works to the English speaking public, exposes them to mangas they might not have otherwise known about, and is extremely handy when no official US licenses exist (or for people who live outside of the US and have no hopes of EVER having a local licensed version). Aren't sites like mangapark and dynasty-scans part of the reason why mangas get popular, and why official US deals are created? I ask because I'm not sure, but I'd suspect manga sites play a role.

Long story short, I purchased my own copy of Volume 2, and I want to share the English version with all of you. Either I'm going to make it for my own consumption, or I can try to share it. I vote for the later. If I'm asked to take it down, I will, but in each of my releases, I'm going to tell people about the official release and encourage them to purchase it. I want the money to go where it belongs, but I also want people to keep reading these fantastic works until they can purchase it themselves. Until then, I'm going to keep scanlating.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Faust and Chikaon. You shed some light on some things I didn't think of or didn't know.
Tanks!!

i feel the same, it was a nice exchange (◡‿◡✿)

@ Malibu that's cool man, I was just wondering. Chapter 6 left us on a cliffhanger feel, and apparently good shit happens after that. Like yeah I feel, I get what you mean :O I'm totally gonna buy them when the Eng ones come out, I'm stocked, it's just well. Vol 1 comes out March 14th. Volume 2; 3-4 months later, so I'm left feeling kinda a bit discouraged. A whole year! Ouch. TTvTT At least I'll have time to save money for the yuri they'll release next year

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

Tanks!!

i feel the same, it was a nice exchange (◡‿◡✿)

@ Malibu that's cool man, I was just wondering. Chapter 6 left us on a cliffhanger feel, and apparently good shit happens after that. Like yeah I feel, I get what you mean :O I'm totally gonna buy them when the Eng ones come out, I'm stocked, it's just well. Vol 1 comes out March 14th. Volume 2; 3-4 months later, so I'm left feeling kinda a bit discouraged. A whole year! Ouch. TTvTT At least I'll have time to save money for the yuri they'll release next year

A year? You're lucky over here you either have to import most yuri stuff or deal with the fact that most publichers pretend that there is no market for yuri. Everytime I walk in a bookstore to get some new mangas, there are miles of "boys love" on the shelves. "girls love/yuri"? good luck finding something like this in the "romance" section. I understand if a series gets licensed that it will be taken down or stopped. I'd like to support the author, but importin nearly everything? =/ And even IF they get translated... Most german translations just suck big time...

joined Sep 21, 2014

A year? You're lucky over here you either have to import most yuri stuff

I feel :/ Last year I saw that there was a lot of french licenses in yuri that we dont have in english, but also that it's not in stock, only in France. I did finally get the resolve to actually order them tho, because even if it was rather expensive and it'd take 2-3 months to deliver, I realised that the longer I waited, the later I'd get it anyway. So I did in April, and I just got the package 2 weeks ago.
If I had to do that with english yuri too, I'd probs be so bummed out tbh. Sorry to know how much harder it is for you :/

or deal with the fact that most publishers pretend that there is no market for yuri.

SevenSeas is the only english publisher that like, acknowledges and sometimes licenses yuri. It's got a yuri fanbase becase well, no one else publishes yuri. They know and recognise that. I think that with how well Citrus sold, and the demands they've gotten, that it encouraged them to invest more in it, which is pretty chill (they've announced more licenses recently). My sympathies for you tho :/

Malibu Uploader
Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

Chapter 7 has been submitted to Dynasty Scans, cross your fingers that it gets accepted! :D

joined Sep 21, 2014

Chapter 7 has been submitted to Dynasty Scans, cross your fingers that it gets accepted! :D

Damn son, same.
Hope it was proofread. I realised at one point that perhaps nothing tilts me more than such mistakes.
Good luck.

last edited at Jun 25, 2016 2:38AM

Malibu Uploader
Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

It's quite proofread, but feel free to nitpick. I may cry though ;P

joined Sep 21, 2014

dw bro it's chill, I feel. Like, I do feel annoyed when I spot shit, but on the other hand I do understand that like, sinking feeling and cringe when you've missed something like:

And you only find out cus someone else pointed it out

last edited at Jun 25, 2016 2:03PM

Malibu Uploader
Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

Noooooo I found that error immediately :/ what manga is that from?

joined Sep 21, 2014

Noooooo I found that error immediately :/ what manga is that from?

I don't doubt that when only focusing on one bubble, you spot it pretty fast, but after rereading the same chapter 3-4 times, you start to skim pretty roughly and well.. mistakes... TTvTT

Idk if I was clear enough, but the example I gave you is a personal mistake of mine, and I cringed for like 2 days
The manga is A Kiss and a White Lily. If you haven't read it yet, I'd suggest you do, wouldn't want to spoil :)

Malibu Uploader
Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

LOL brutal! It was your manga too! I'm sorry 0_o

I haven't read it yet, but I shall today :)

joined Sep 21, 2014

LOL brutal! It was your manga too! I'm sorry 0_o

I haven't read it yet, but I shall today :)

Not my manga lmao (not sure what you mean by that) but like, as a proofreader, it felt harsh haha
But hey being a perfectionism on that point is like... probably a good thing. Maybe.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Among other things, she's the queen of lipstick lesbians. I can't think of anyone who comes close.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Long story short, I purchased my own copy of Volume 2, and I want to share the English version with all of you. Either I'm going to make it for my own consumption, or I can try to share it. I vote for the later.

Fortunately for me, while my translations are good enough for me to get the gist of what i am reading, they wouldn't be good enough for mass sharing. So my semi-fluent japanese is just good enough (or just bad enough) to be in that sweet spot. I translated Secret Recipe ahead, and while I got the gist of it, the good translations were more coherent and showed me nuances I hadn't gotten at all. So i wouldnt be doing a big favor by sharing them, nor would i be competing with anything if I did :)

If I absolutely was convinced something manga would never be licensed nor scanlated and it was good, I might translate it and upload it somewhere. I think anime subs are a much grayer area. Why wouldn't someone in japan go view it and simply ignore my .srt subtitles, for instance? it's basically putting the video up as a mirror. I don't know, besides TV, wht Japan has nowadays for internet versions of anime. In my day we didn't have anything. I did sub the trailer for New Game as best I could and post it to YouTube because no one else would, and because it's an ad/trailer for something, not the something.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Also, so far, buying tankobons via Honto beats the hell out of any other way. Is there a forum topic for that?

Icono%20daijishin%20pony
joined Mar 13, 2016

Oh gosh @Malibu thank you veryyyyy much!!! for sharing creations... thanks to Fly by Yuri of course too!!!
I will buy the English official book on the internet, obviously!! <3 <3 but... a year??? whoa, I think that is better to continue the series at least a little bit to keep the fans there close... (well... we are ALWAYS there.... waiting.... - ) I think that the scanlations are important in the market outside of Japan too, the play and important role to difund the material!!

So we can read this and buy the manga next year, of course, is Milk Morinaga, no doubt!! :DDD

<3

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

Grovel before me, peasants! You may offer up your cutest lesbian smut to me as tribute!

No but seriously, I'm happy to contribute! Hope you all enjoy!

Malibu Uploader
Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

Haha sorry, I thought you meant a manga you worked on (scanlated). Perfection is what manga is all about, let's be honest :)

Also, Chapter 7 is posted! Go check it!

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Yay chapter 7 :) I'm glad someone took it up and it's being posted!

I Really enjoyed this chapter!

Hina should of kept the fishnets on though! sure they were a bit over the top, but I'm thinking Hana wouldn't of minded lol :)

joined Feb 18, 2015

Chapter 7... WOW! This just gets better and better... Morinaga-sensei at her best!

Mudou%20ayana
joined Oct 29, 2013

I don't know why, but when Hinako fell asleep I thought that Hana was going to kiss her...

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

Found a typo...in the credits. I don't think you spell support like "Suport".

To reply you must either login or sign up.