Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

joined Mar 25, 2013

Yep, the other girl is Soyo(the shogun's little sister).

Haven't watch it in quite a while, ever since Rumbel stopped translating it. Though I haven't checked if they put something new out.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2015/10/22/national/social-issues/fuji-tv-announces-japan-first-lesbian-drama-heels-advances-lgbt-rights/#.VinLuiuYHar

That seems rather interesting, and it's going to be on one of the major TV stations which is a little surprising. We'll see how 'Fuji TV describes the show as “a heartwarming straightforward love story, but the main characters are both girls.”' it's going to be xD Inb4 a surprise het ending.

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

^
I can't wait to watch the show. Finally, a Japanese drama with lesbians. hooray for Japan.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I just hope they don't slide back into those terrible tropes like "we cant be together, so let's jump off the roof of the school".

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Starting From Now announced seasons 4 and 5. Emily better get an awesome girlfriend in those.

last edited at Oct 22, 2015 2:11PM

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but Scream Queens has some yuri in it. It's also hilarious and bad and hilariously bad. Actually laughed pretty loud sitting in the library...

joined Mar 25, 2013

Seems like Sakura Fantasy got an uncensor patch which also adds a few HCGs

Edit: Also, Undertale has a yuri couple by the end if you go for True Pacifist End and it gives you Undyne x Alphys

last edited at Oct 23, 2015 8:02PM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Anyone watched All Cheerleaders Die? Afterellen just released a pretty positive review.

There might also be some gay stuff happening in the Netflix show Jessica Jones, with a confirmed lesbian, her partner and some other woman she's sleeping with. The main character herself is apparently "not 100% straight". So she's probably gonna end up with a guy. The comics end with her having a husband but so did Orange Is the New Black so who knows?
Regardless of any romance, the trailer looks awesome.

last edited at Oct 24, 2015 2:19AM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

So All Cheerleaders Die was actually pretty fun to watch. It definitely has some problems, but I really hope the promised sequel actually happens.

joined Mar 25, 2013

A site I came across http://www.nifty.org/nifty/lesbian/ It has a pretty large collection of lesbian stories. I haven't read them so I can't attest to the quality of the writing but it seems most of them are pretty short. At the top also there's links for Gay Male/Bisexial and Trans for those interested. The earliest story is from 1993.

last edited at Oct 27, 2015 9:35PM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Why did nobody tell me that the yuri in Person of interest would just become incredible starting from season 3 episode 22/23 and that a romantic interest between Shaw and Root would be canon ? I thought it would stay some shipping delusion till the end and took my time finishing season 3 ...

last edited at Oct 28, 2015 7:30PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

It was stated multiple times that it becomes canon though :P It was a bit before that as well, what with Root flirting almost every chance she gets.

last edited at Oct 28, 2015 7:33PM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

She started really flirting since episode 23 in my eyes, before it was just the basic Root's way to communicate x)

Must be because I'm not much on forums since hum... some time. How could I miss such a thing...

edit : Well not really, the end of season 3 is kinda old... wasn't there people saying that it was really subtexty and that we shouldn't expect much from it ? I remember that kind of talk

last edited at Oct 28, 2015 7:51PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

I think it starts after 3.16 Root's episode with the final scene where Root teases Shaw about 'playing with doctors' and the look she gives her, that's the moment it blooms xD

last edited at Oct 28, 2015 7:52PM

joined Jan 21, 2015

edit : Well not really, the end of season 3 is kinda old... wasn't there people saying that it was really subtexty and that we shouldn't expect much from it ? I remember that kind of talk

Oh, that was me. I wanted to warn people not to expect too much focus on romance, but it looks like I scared them off instead. Shit. But since you're on board with these two now, the best is yet to come :D

After Root and Shaw became canon there was an influx of people who tried to watch the show just for them and were disappointed by... all the plot? the male characters? I'm not sure. I thought it was a shame that they would dismiss a show because it has two male leads (and because of the network it airs on). Obviously people can watch stuff for any reason they want to, but if they go into POI expecting makeout scenes and declarations of love they're going to be disappointed. Root/Shaw is the main love story, but they're like the icing on the cake.

I think that by that "playing doctor" scene in 3x17 Root had feelings for Shaw, but she might not have been aware of them yet... Maybe. But I definitely think she realized how she felt when Shaw came to her rescue in 3x23, at the latest.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

It didn't scare me, I started watching for the series and the badass John crashing cars and shooting rockets, not for the gay stuff (because I thought there wasn't any x)).
I just stopped a some point because exams and stuffs and forgot to continue. It was a pleasant surprise to see all the flirting and the kiss

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I just watched all the Franky x Bridget scenes on youtube again and just want to note how amazing the acting of those two is. So much body language and subtlety in Bridget's acting. And the best chemistry of any couple I've seen on TV or in any movie.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Just saw some infos about the season 4 cast from February:
Apparently both Franky and Bridget will be returning for Season 4, Franky as a main character. I don't know if I'm happy about that or scared. :D

As the story resumes, Bea and her cell-block mates are returning to Wentworth after the fire and rebuilding of H Block to find a new dynamic in play with a new contender for Top Dog. On the outside, Franky is trying hard to be a productive member of society. As always, no-one should underestimate “the Freak”.

Fletcher doesn't seem to return which really sucks because I wanted to see him and Vera get back together and see him get better in general, too. :/

last edited at Oct 30, 2015 4:53AM

joined Mar 25, 2013

I bet they're bringing her back only to kill her off sometime xD (Haven't watched whatever you're referencing)

Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

Just saw some infos about the season 4 cast from February:
Apparently both Franky and Bridget will be returning for Season 4, Franky as a main character. I don't know if I'm happy about that or scared. :D

As the story resumes, Bea and her cell-block mates are returning to Wentworth after the fire and rebuilding of H Block to find a new dynamic in play with a new contender for Top Dog. On the outside, Franky is trying hard to be a productive member of society. As always, no-one should underestimate “the Freak”.

Fletcher doesn't seem to return which really sucks because I wanted to see him and Vera get back together and see him get better in general, too. :/

Oh gawd.You just introduced me into one fine wine of a woman. Age agrees with her, noh. So beautiful, especially with her hair down, dayum.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I bet they're bringing her back only to kill her off sometime xD

Well, I feel like the worst thing that could happen, at least for now in season 4, is her going back to prison. If they wanted her dead, they would have done so in the season 3 finale, they sure waved all the flags. I mean, maybe I'm too optimistic but Franky is a fan favorite and they could have just ended her storyline in the last season and everyone would be a little sad to see her go but really happy that she got her happy end. Bringing her back to kill her off would be pretty dumb.
The show got other lesbians to kill off.

(Haven't watched whatever you're referencing)

You really should! It's one of the best shows I've ever watched. Everyone loves Wentworth.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito is not really yuri right? Althought aparently the vn have a yuri ending, the canon ending which is used in the anime is het isn't it? I had a look at other vns from the same company and supposedly Kao no nai Tsuki and Touka Gettan are also yuri, Baka-updates even says that Kao no nai Tsuki Comic Collection is based on the yuri eroge, but from what I searched they all actually have a male protagonist, so I guess they're all nothing more than shitty bait?

joined Mar 25, 2013

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito is not really yuri right? Althought aparently the vn have a yuri ending, the canon ending which is used in the anime is het isn't it? I had a look at other vns from the same company and supposedly Kao no nai Tsuki and Touka Gettan are also yuri, Baka-updates even says that Kao no nai Tsuki Comic Collection is based on the yuri eroge, but from what I searched they all actually have a male protagonist, so I guess they're all nothing more than shitty bait?

As far as I understood it, it isn't het but it's weird as in one of the girls becomes/transforms into the child of the other or something like that? I haven't watched it but that's what I've read. And yes, the eroge has a male protagonist and apparently has a scene with a 'male with several females' in the sexual sense. If you're not sure whether to watch it or not, you can read a review, there are bound to be some.

joined Mar 25, 2013

The Korean Movie 'A Girl at My Door' (2014) could be counted. At least the MC is an established lesbian and her former lover pops-up for a bit, also the girl she takes care of has a pretty serious crush on her. Don't know what to think of the ending though. The implications are interesting.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

What are the implications? Spoilers please.

To reply you must either login or sign up.