Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

You mean Asphyxia? It's kind of a depressing one and supposedly based on a true story from a while ago. Or at least the protagonist is suicidal.

I like depressing. I'm considering trying it, since it's on sale. Art looks pretty and the characters' names amuse me...

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

^Lauren the Amazon Princess is in there too and has a lot of same gender relationships.The Royal Trap from the second tier also has a yuri route but that's not really worth the money if you don't plan on paying that much anyway.

I just watched a few Tatiana Maslany interviews on youtube (How did she not win her Emmy nomination by the way? Seriously?) and, as Youtube tends to work, ended up on a Laverne Cox interview with Seth Meyers. Then I made the mistake of reading the youtube comments.

Basically this.

last edited at Oct 16, 2015 7:31PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

You mean Asphyxia? It's kind of a depressing one and supposedly based on a true story from a while ago. Or at least the protagonist is suicidal.

I like depressing. I'm considering trying it, since it's on sale. Art looks pretty and the characters' names amuse me...

Here's the other one https://vndb.org/v16310 It can be taken as a prequel but not necessarily.

As the description says

Both characters are based on real English poets who were alive in the 1790s, and the VN is fairly accurate in following the lives of these two poets - though neither of them were cute girls in reality.

joined Aug 16, 2014

Both characters are based on real English poets who were alive in the 1790s, and the VN is fairly accurate in following the lives of these two poets

I was wondering if that'd be relevant or "just for fun".

though neither of them were cute girls in reality.

Well, what can we say. Reality can always be improved with cute girls.

last edited at Oct 16, 2015 7:34PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

Perhaps, but if it's fairly accurate in following the lives, then it probably won't have a happy end. Or at least, they won't be together.

joined Aug 16, 2014

Perhaps, but if it's fairly accurate in following the lives, then it probably won't have a happy end. Or at least, they won't be together.

I like depressing. [2]
As long as they didn't make a surprise het ending, that is.

joined Jan 21, 2015

I just watched a few Tatiana Maslany interviews on youtube (How did she not win her Emmy nomination by the way? Seriously?) and, as Youtube tends to work, ended up on a Laverne Cox interview with Seth Meyers. Then I made the mistake of reading the youtube comments.

Basically this.

Ouch, that sucks. Wish I had a Ron Swanson "People are idiots" (Parks & Rec) gif handy. Very few websites are capable of hosting civil discussions when it comes to trans people.

joined Mar 25, 2013

I like depressing. [2]
As long as they didn't make a surprise het ending, that is.

Okay then, here's a link to download the one that is not Asphyxia http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=29179 Don't worry, the links are from the author. It is one-sided though, you said you liked to suffer. Enjoy (:

last edited at Oct 16, 2015 8:33PM

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

So I've been watching Carmilla for the last hour or so and I love it.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

So nobody talked about Freeheld yet, right? Based on a real events (Wikipedia entry of the documentary) that were a really big deal for LGBT rights.
There's like, Ellen Page, Julianne Moore and Steve Carell in it. The reviews are not that great but seems like everyone who doesn't write reviews really liked it. Wikipedia dates the "wider release" in the US for October 16th but I don't know what that means.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Oh god, comment sections on that video, why did I even look. Comments completely held together by logical fallacies and misconceptions kill my brain cells.

Don't read comment sections, ever. You will become stupid yourself, that is how it spreads.

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

RWBY is getting a manga adaptation ...... .-. its not yuri but i didnt think this series was gonna get this popular

last edited at Oct 18, 2015 3:14AM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

RWBY is getting a manga adaptation ...... .-. its not yuri but i didnt think this series was gonna get this popular

getting a game too

joined Mar 25, 2013

Supposedly Blake x Yang is going to happen at some point. According to the creators at least. With Monty passing away though I don't know what they'll do storywise. My hope is for Ruby x Weiss as well, but I don't think they will go for it. They're trying for a het thing with Weiss.

last edited at Oct 18, 2015 6:33AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oh god, comment sections on that video, why did I even look. Comments completely held together by logical fallacies and misconceptions kill my brain cells.

Don't read comment sections, ever. You will become stupid yourself, that is how it spreads.

I took a peek at the comment section, and mine must be different from yours since it was mostly people trying to hold back the feels. Not nearly so many homophobes as I expected, although there were a disturbing number getting up in arms over the age gap.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Just finished season 1 of Carmilla... that kiss made me melt. :3

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

^The last kiss wasn't even scripted.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

^The last kiss wasn't even scripted.

So they just enjoyed it so much they did it again? It was sweet and Laura was all shy afterwards. The whole reunion had me crying. :)

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Official story is that Elise/Laura forgot her lines so she went for another kiss. But her lines were literally just "Wow." so I'm not buying that.

last edited at Oct 19, 2015 6:48PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

Official story is that Elise/Laura forgot her lines so she went for another kiss. But her lines were literally just "Wow." so I'm not buying that.

She's also officially 'straight' as well xD At least that's the last I heard, also has a boyfriend I think.

I like Carmilla, but sometimes the acting makes me cringe.

last edited at Oct 19, 2015 6:56PM

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Well the show is a "case of beer, 5$ and a hooker" budget quality, so the occaisional bad acting is to be expected.

joined May 30, 2015

anyone here watching the thai series "Hormones"?
I ship Koi x Dao all the way

joined Jan 21, 2015

The last episode of Life is Strange has been released and depending on how you play, you can choose to turn the subtext into actual text. In fact (and I'm sorry about the spoilery wall of text), you can romance either Chloe or Warren, but for Warren it felt like it was basically shoehorned in as a consolation prize for the people who absolutely need straight romance in every media they consume. The guy had no bearing on the story for the most part, and even if you choose to kiss him when prompted, it's right before your final jump in time and he won't remember any of it. The kiss with Chloe happens as a result of your choices throughout all episodes and it's a very emotional scene. The story as a whole is very much about Max and Chloe's relationship.

I recommend the game, but be warned that the ending is bittersweet no matter what you do.

joined Mar 25, 2013

The last episode of Life is Strange has been released and depending on how you play, you can choose to turn the subtext into actual text. In fact (and I'm sorry about the spoilery wall of text), you can romance either Chloe or Warren, but for Warren it felt like it was basically shoehorned in as a consolation prize for the people who absolutely need straight romance in every media they consume. The guy had no bearing on the story for the most part, and even if you choose to kiss him when prompted, it's right before your final jump in time and he won't remember any of it. The kiss with Chloe happens as a result of your choices throughout all episodes and it's a very emotional scene. The story as a whole is very much about Max and Chloe's relationship.

I recommend the game, but be warned that the ending is bittersweet no matter what you do.

So no happy end?

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Bittersweet as in carve out my heart or still smiling but it hurts?

To reply you must either login or sign up.