Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

What are the implications? Spoilers please.

They drive out of town together is what Wikipedia says. Google is always faster than asking on a forum.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I know I could use Google, but I like to read people opinions here. :x

joined Mar 25, 2013

What are the implications? Spoilers please.

The MC is a cop who is transferred out to a small village/town for some unknown (at the start) circumstances. After she gets settled in she sees Dohee (the girl) being at first beaten by some classmates, and afterwards thrown around by her (adoptive) father. She takes her in and starts caring for her and the girl gets very possessive/clingy. Skipping a bit the MC gets arrested for [plot reasons] but is released for [reasons] again, and because the girl's father is in jail she ends up alone and for [reasons] either her mother needs to come back or she will be put into protective custody. At first the MC intends to walk away from her for [reasons] but ultimately she asks the girl if she wants go with her, and the last scene is them driving away together. Sounds bland but you gotta watch it to see, and I don't wanna spoil the nice twists.

It's a very good movie though, some nice twists. I've omitted a lot of the plot because you can't really explain the end without seeing it. Plus I don't really want to write a huge wall of text :P

last edited at Nov 2, 2015 4:17PM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

That's literally what's Google says. I'm just saying.

Anyways, I'm rewatching OITNB right now and got to the radio show yesterday. Made all my hate for Larry resurface. And with knowing what happens in season 3 I'm not even shipping Alex and Piper that much anymore. I hope Alex gets a new love interest, Bring Nicky back or something.

last edited at Nov 2, 2015 4:26PM

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

I think OITNB needs new lesbian ships. They really need new characters for me to liven up the show. The show has gotten too comfortable in its pattern.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Only couple I moderately like anymore is Poussey x Brook and that's mostly because I really like Poussey. Boo really needs a girlfriend, she has a bigger role in Season 4, so maybe something's gonna happen in that regard.

last edited at Nov 2, 2015 4:37PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

Probably, but does it delve in what the girl does?

Another movie that could be counted is the Japanese 'Grey Crow (Haiiro no Karasu)' but that one isn't translated. And I read a review about it but can't really tell if it's real because the reviewer was really.. passionate. xD

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

^That was directed at Thia. And if you mean the fake rape, then yes.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

Harmony by Project Itoh

the script writer for the show was also the producer for Aoi Hana and Black rock shooter.

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WRnZqehobc

Source:
http://www.cinemacafe.net/article/img/2015/11/04/35408/185305.html

joined Mar 25, 2013

Harmony by Project Itoh

the script writer for the show was also the producer for Aoi Hana and Black rock shooter.

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WRnZqehobc

Source:
http://www.cinemacafe.net/article/img/2015/11/04/35408/185305.html

I don't think there's any yuri in it, or at least, none of the reviews of the book say that there is. Nonetheless the book is translated and is up on amazon http://www.amazon.com/Harmony-Project-Itoh/dp/1421536439. It's also a very short one. It seems like the author has passed away, which is a shame.

last edited at Nov 5, 2015 5:15AM

joined Mar 25, 2013

The synopsis for 'Transit Girls' the yuri J-Drama is out

"The story follows the relationship between the two girls, Sayuri and Yui, as they start to live together under one roof as step-sisters. Despite their initial distaste for each other and the fact that they couldn't be more opposite in looks and personality, they eventually start to develop feelings for each other... How will their romance take shape? -- Fuji TV"

2 days till the premiere.

last edited at Nov 5, 2015 1:10PM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

The synopsis for 'Transit Girls' the yuri J-Drama is out

"The story follows the relationship between the two girls, Sayuri and Yui, as they start to live together under one roof as step-sisters. Despite their initial distaste for each other and the fact that they couldn't be more opposite in looks and personality, they eventually start to develop feelings for each other... How will their romance take shape? -- Fuji TV"

2 days till the premiere.

That storyline seems pretty popular, huh? Considering the amount of Pseudo-Incest works on the site, anyways.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

So today there was a thread (elsewhere) in which The 100 was being discussed, Clexa in particular. I mentioned that I watched it because of the yuri. Someone replied that I must have meant to reply to someone else because "there's no yuri, it's live action." xD

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Someone made a fan-Ren'py VN about Life is Strange called Love is Strange.

After spending a year reunited with her best friend, Chloe Price, Max has become well acquainted with other characters as well – like Kate Marsh, Victoria Chase, and Rachel Amber. When the full game releases, you’ll be able to play the complete romance routes of all 4.

However for the purposes of the demo, you, the player, will get to step in Max’s shoes and get to experience part of Chloe’s romance route.

The group hopes to finish the game by early 2016.

Demo here.

Someone wanted Max/Kate to happen, right? This is your chance.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I like the art for that! I'll have to play it when it gets finished. :D

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Does anyone else think the Almost Human webcomic, mentioned here a couple of times, has taken on a kind of Their Story vibe? The characters and situation are radically different, but I get that Sun Jing/Qiu Tong feel from it.

21bd50a9-fb4d-47b7-a52f-4864e2af91fc
joined May 8, 2015

Anyways, I'm rewatching OITNB right now and got to the radio show yesterday. Made all my hate for Larry resurface. And with knowing what happens in season 3 I'm not even shipping Alex and Piper that much anymore. I hope Alex gets a new love interest, Bring Nicky back or something.

Gah I still haven't watch s3. I think the main reason I am not at all interested to watch it (despite how much I love s2) is because I know there will be a lot of Piper x Alex. I just really hate this pairing.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Anyone manage to find the first episode of 'Transit Girls' to download? I'm a little surprised it isn't out by now, considering what it's about. It isn't up on avistaz and nyaa (though I don't know if they upload live action there), and since d-addicts took down their torrent service (making the site a little dead) don't know where else to look.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Does anyone else think the Almost Human webcomic, mentioned here a couple of times, has taken on a kind of Their Story vibe? The characters and situation are radically different, but I get that Sun Jing/Qiu Tong feel from it.

I don't think I know this one, can I have a link ?

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

trafi

I don't think I know this one, can I have a link ?

Here you are

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

I don't see it. The similarity I see is that both have a MC who falls for a girl they watch from afar on the streets and that they both work up the courage to talk to them, despite anxieties. Then again, Always Human barely started, so who knows if it'll share a similar mood with Their Story.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I don't see it. The similarity I see is that both have a MC who falls for a girl they watch from afar on the streets and that they both work up the courage to talk to them, despite anxieties. Then again, Always Human barely started, so who knows if it'll share a similar mood with Their Story.

Could have sworn I said the characters and situation are radically different...

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Allow me to rephrase then: (atm) I don't see/feel any similarity (be characters, be general mood) between the two works besides the one pointed.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Allow me to rephrase then: (atm) I don't see/feel any similarity (be characters, be general mood) between the two works besides the one pointed.

Fairy 'nuff. IDK, maybe it's just me being strainge.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Maybe you need to turn your yuri goggles down a notch or two? :p

To reply you must either login or sign up.