Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

Dame. My gut feeling for that thumbnail was spot on (because I don't really open the chapter w/o the translation first).

But isn't a bit weird that Soela just went by confessing in the middle of the campus to no rae?? I mean is she sure about no rae's feelings towards her?? I mean especially since she's in korea, confessing to the same gender could be a vey big deal you know, judging their perspective towards homosexuality.

I'm actually glad Ssamba didn't go to this route. All thanks to Seol-a's overall personality, and as someone mentioned, she has a loving and strong support from her family. Her outlook in life, and in dating, just don't have room for the BSness of the world

she didn't even consider their friendship. when the last chapter imo wasn't that frustrating enough for her to confess at this point.

The interruption by those two dudes in the amusement park was actually a great deal in a way that she noted how it made No-rae hesitate in claiming her, when in fact that's what Seol-a wants. See, No-rae's self-deprecating monologue is what Seol-a's thinking. I bet she gets the vibe that the feeling's mutual, she's intuitive like that when it comes to No-rae. She even got the wariness feeling bumping with No-rae's ex. keke

And 100% yes Seol-a, "Who would dare interrupt this important moment..."!!

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

gugu09:
But isn't a bit weird that Soela just went by confessing in the middle of the campus to no rae?? I mean is she sure about no rae's feelings towards her?? I mean especially since she's in korea, confessing to the same gender could be a vey big deal you know, judging their perspective towards homosexuality.

kami-sama:
spot on with the confessing thing. it's really somewhat mind-boggling that Seol-a and No-rae never once contemplated that they're falling in love with the same gender. it's like, it never was a factor.

I thought Seola was so bold to confess right in the middle of campus too. But it's Seola. Expect the unexpected ya'll

Regarding the same gender part, I think Norae did contemplate about it when she asked her brother about the saying "Dont go down something that isn't a path" and thats why she pushed away Seola so harshly that time.

And Seola? It's because she's just so damn confident (a lil vain i'd say lol). The fact that she's been hesitating for quite a while means it's outside of her comfort zone (remember even Hye-Kyung noticed Seola seemed down?). Ssamba tends to do time leap, it's already been a few weeks. If it's just a guy, I'm sure she would have already confessed the moment she realized her interest.

flutteringfeelingsmanhwa
joined May 17, 2015

Thanks to thatanon for making a rough typeset of Chapter 48!

A rough typeset has been uploaded to flutteringfeelings.imgur.com (short address: bit.do/ffi).

Chapter 48 rough typeset by thatanon
http://imgur.com/a/FQnrr

Enjoy!

last edited at Oct 19, 2015 12:06AM

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

All these feelings! Seol-A is so bold. She was about to confess wow and I dont know if No-rae is actually that naive, like maybe she just doesnt imagine at all that Seol-A could be into her or she is getting the hint and she doesnt believe she could be right. Because I think Seol-A, even if she couldnt confess, her vibe and serious tone could be seen.

Anyway the ex, I think he probably will want to get her back or something, for drama, but I just hope No-Rae notices Seol-A's behaviour with her and completely forget about her ex.

Thanks again to Halmoni and thatanon

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

gugu09:

kami-sama:
spot on with the confessing thing. it's really somewhat mind-boggling that Seol-a and No-rae never once contemplated that they're falling in love with the same gender. it's like, it never was a factor.

I thought Seola was so bold to confess right in the middle of campus too. But it's Seola. Expect the unexpected ya'll

Regarding the same gender part, I think Norae did contemplate about it when she asked her brother about the saying "Dont go down something that isn't a path" and thats why she pushed away Seola so harshly that time.

And Seola? It's because she's just so damn confident (a lil vain i'd say lol). The fact that she's been hesitating for quite a while means it's outside of her comfort zone (remember even Hye-Kyung noticed Seola seemed down?). Ssamba tends to do time leap, it's already been a few weeks. If it's just a guy, I'm sure she would have already confessed the moment she realized her interest.

100% agree

joined Aug 23, 2015

bet that sung-pyo guy just got back from australia

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Plot twist! Or not.

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

FML

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

imagine if Ssamba started her hiatus after this episode...oh the agony. Can't wait for next week!

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I have a question since I just found out about this forum. Maybe you guys have talked about it before, but in the Chapter 42, where Seol-a was talking about what happened to her with those girls in High School. There was a girl (Yu-Ji) who was the one who talked to her first and then talked bad behind her back.
Did Seol-a actually have a crush on her or was she just hurt about how they treated her? Because her ex classmate told her don't hate Yu-Ji too much and Seol-a thought "I didn't even once".And then in the end she compared her with No-Rae who has a crush on

last edited at Oct 19, 2015 5:05AM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

I have a question since I just found out about this forum. Maybe you guys have talked about it before, but in the Chapter 42, where Seol-a was talking about what happened to her with those girls in High School. There was a girl (Yu-Ji) who was the one who talked to her first and then talked bad behind her back.
Did Seol-a actually have a crush on her or was she just hurt about how they treated her? Because her ex classmate told her don't hate Yu-Ji too much and Seol-a thought "I didn't even once".And then in the end she compared her with No-Rae who has a crush on

When Seol-a said the line "I didn't even once/I never even once...", the verb is not specified. It may or may not have been "I never even once hated her".

Personally, from what I've read and interpreted, Seol-a did not hold romantic feelings for Yu-ji. Not hating someone doesn't automatically mean you must love them or something; they were best friends, after all. The strongest evidence for this is the fact that Seol-a was confused by her feelings in the beginning. During the MT, she noted that she had these frustrating feelings, but she didn't know what they were or why she felt that way. If she had truly fallen in love before, then she would've noticed waaaay earlier.

When Seol-a thinks about No-rae at the end of the chapter, she isn't necessarily saying that she felt the same way towards No-rae and Yu-ji. She was comparing their situations and saying that it's too late to go back to the past, for both Yu-ji and No-rae. For Yu-ji, Seol-a never got the chance to talk everything out with her and reconcile. And now it's obviously too late to do this since Yu-ji passed away. For No-rae, Seol-a realizes that she can never go back to just being "friends" with her because she acknowledges that she's romantically attracted to No-rae.

Tokyo%20mew%20mew%20icon
joined Jan 15, 2015

This chapter... OMGOMGOMGOMG EEEEEK SO CUTE.
I love these two soooo much... :')

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

i love how confident seola is. it's so weird how she didnt even struggle about "coming out". it's almost as if it's the most natural thing ever. may be cause she already felt the same with yuji? i think this EX is exactly what the story needs to help it move forward. i was actually waiting for it! anyway, looking forward to next week. :)
thanks halmoni!!

last edited at Oct 19, 2015 5:59AM

Ayase-aragaki%20-%20copy
joined Jul 20, 2013

I'm confused when Seol-a said "for some reason I get the feeling that.." Its when she ran into Sung-pyo.
Can someone explain what she meant by that? Thanx!

Tokyo%20mew%20mew%20icon
joined Jan 15, 2015

i love how confident seola is. it's so weird how she didnt even struggle about "coming out".

same, i was just thinking how much i love Seol-a's confidence. in my opinion it's so rare to find a healthy portrayal of confidence/self love, especially in girls/women... i love it+her <3

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Somehow, while I love the characters, as I said numerous times, the plot devices Ssamba uses are a bit too artificial. I see the ropes there. Overearing conversations in the classroom, check. Riding a Ferris-wheel, check. Truck-san killing, or injuring, a character, check (twice). Interrupted in the middle of a confession, check. I feel like I've read this kind of devices in a million shoujos

I still like it, but she doesn't aim for originality. Same sins than Lily Love.

I'll probably be flamed to death by the FF fans, but oh well, once I've read this chapter, I was like..."hmmm, where did I read something like that before? Oh right... EVERYWHERE!"

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

Somehow, while I love the characters, as I said numerous times, the plot devices Ssamba uses are a bit too artificial. I see the ropes there. Overearing conversations in the classroom, check. Riding a Ferris-wheel, check. Truck-san killing, or injuring, a character, check (twice). Interrupted in the middle of a confession, check. I feel like I've read this kind of devices in a million shoujos

I'll probably be flamed to death by the FF fans, but oh well, once I've read this chapter, I was like..."hmmm, where did I read something like that before? Oh right... EVERYWHERE!"

Right there with you. Left a mark on my forehead from my facepalm.

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

your 100% right that Ssamba uses cliché situations in her writing. Which are seen in many romance manga and movies. But, what sets her manga apart for me, is that her characters are not artificial. They feel like real people that you would meet in university and converse with them. Ssamba does the two main characters really well, that you empathise with their struggles and emotions.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Die heretical scum!!!

Okay, now that the flaming is out of the way.

I agree. She does use the tropes but eh, it's not a high school girls manga and the characters are relatively mature which is a VERY nice change of pace. I just wish we got to see more of them interacting with Korean society because... well you could place this in nearly any major metropolis and no one would know the difference.

joined Aug 29, 2015

well, the cliche turn of events never bothered me cause it's the same genre. of course, there would be comparable situation but the thing that somewhat lacking in FF. was the acknowledgment that it's a forbidden love story between two girls. the character development was nicely done and I think Ssamba did a great job on introducing us the characters and see them how they view themselves. but I never saw Seol-a and No-rae struggle to the fact that they're falling in love with the same sex. that somewhat wasn't convincing on how realistic Seol-a and No-rae can be. I can relate to everything Seol-a and No-rae's struggles from the past but I can't relate to them when it comes to the forbidden love situation. cause it never was brought up. I don't want to be too critical with the story but I just want to point out Seol-a's action lately. I always thought she would treasure their friendship more than her romantic feelings for No-rae cause No-rae is a very special friend to her. like someone you don't want to ruined your friendship with. given her past with Yu-Ji. but as we see. she's gonna confess her feelings just like that. like it some highschool crush and she's gonna give her a love letter or something. Seol-a and No-rae's relationship is already deep. even if Seol-a is a very straightforward person. I expected she would give more thought with her actions and hold back a little. and the one that gonna trigger her to finally confess is because she would get so jealous. she's just gonna blow up. anyway, I love FF no matter what because of Seol-a and No-rae. thanks to Ssamba for creating this manhwa. and I hope more fluff scenes between No-rae and Seol-a would happen after this ex-arc. time to dig up No-rae's past. can't wait to see the jealous side of Seol-a.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

^
it's not a high school girls manga

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It's like these two wonderful characters are trapped in a shoujo manga played by the book. I feel bad for them, because they are so lovable.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

When Seol-a said the line "I didn't even once/I never even once...", the verb is not specified. It may or may not have been "I never even once hated her".

Personally, from what I've read and interpreted, Seol-a did not hold romantic feelings for Yu-ji. Not hating someone doesn't automatically mean you must love them or something; they were best friends, after all. The strongest evidence for this is the fact that Seol-a was confused by her feelings in the beginning. During the MT, she noted that she had these frustrating feelings, but she didn't know what they were or why she felt that way. If she had truly fallen in love before, then she would've noticed waaaay earlier.

When Seol-a thinks about No-rae at the end of the chapter, she isn't necessarily saying that she felt the same way towards No-rae and Yu-ji. She was comparing their situations and saying that it's too late to go back to the past, for both Yu-ji and No-rae. For Yu-ji, Seol-a never got the chance to talk everything out with her and reconcile. And now it's obviously too late to do this since Yu-ji passed away. For No-rae, Seol-a realizes that she can never go back to just being "friends" with her because she acknowledges that she's romantically attracted to No-rae.

Yeah that's probably it. This is one of the reasons why I like this manhwa. Because even though these particular chapters don't have much to do with No-Rae and Seol-a, Seol-a story with her classmates/friends was very realistic and I could personally connect with the characters.
Imo the situation with Yu-Ji made Seol-a realise how she couldn't hold her feelings back anymore. Because after she got drunk she started crying in her bed. I think from this point on she realized she should act on it too

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

your 100% right that Ssamba uses cliché situations in her writing. Which are seen in many romance manga and movies. But, what sets her manga apart for me, is that her characters are not artificial. They feel like real people that you would meet in university and converse with them. Ssamba does the two main characters really well, that you empathise with their struggles and emotions.

It doesn't feel like some high school manga. It feels real. The pace even feels pretty realistic. Not everyone falls in love over night. Sometimes it takes a long time. I really enjoy that part about Ssambas work. Both characters struggle with whatever life events they have and it's expressed in subtle lip movements or facial expressions. I've been drawing since I was 7 and I still can't accomplish something like that. Her plot devices are not the best but, she makes up for it in character design and pure talent. Those are only two reasons that keep me coming back for FF.

joined Dec 9, 2014

Regarding the cliches. Yes there are quite lot in here. But despite them, the way the author handles the situations make the story real and interesting. Besides, it's drama and slice of life, so sometimes these can not be avoided.
There is actually a very good character development. The story flow doesn't get trapped into repetitive cycles for the shake of more chapters.

I think the author doesn't mention sexuality as a way to show that it's ok to fall in love with the same sex, and it's the same as falling for the opposite. Basically, acceptance of gay/bi people. Or a hope for the future when gender won't be such an issue when it comes to romantic relationships.
Btw, anyone mentioned what is Seol-a and No-rae's sexuality supposed to be? I'd say Seol-a is most probably bi. No-rae as well, although she might be gay too idk.
But I find it interesting, as how Seol-a is confident and goes for a girl when she has dated so many guys in the past.

To reply you must either login or sign up.