Forum › A "small" topic for video games

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

More XCOM, yessssssss

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

More XCOM, yessssssss

Meh, I can't even play the original, it's so buggy for me. And from what I've read, a lot of folks.

Hopefully this one will be better put together.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

While DLC Tanya's fatalities aren't that great...I suppose it's better than the silly ones she had in the past CAN I TAKE YOUR ORDER!? Man is MK4 silly XD

Series: Pokemon Pairing: Flannery x Winona Link: pixiv, image set
Since there's so much good pokeyuri around I think I'll just dedicate it one day each week.

last edited at Jun 2, 2015 10:23PM

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

More XCOM, yessssssss

Meh, I can't even play the original, it's so buggy for me. And from what I've read, a lot of folks.

Hopefully this one will be better put together.

It's managable if you keep supplies high and use the magical quick save + reload button

I beat the final UFO pretty epicly by neglecting everything, selling everything and buying plasma for everyone and doing a kamikaze mission

Remember, this was trown together in only a year after the horrible reception for the shooter demo

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

While DLC Tanya's fatalities aren't that great...I suppose it's better than the silly ones she had in the past CAN I TAKE YOUR ORDER!? Man is MK4 silly XD

Her X-Ray is pretty cool. And that 4th Brutality was hilarious.

last edited at Jun 2, 2015 11:00PM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

PFFFT how did I miss shadowofchaos' Robin 101, good thing I thought of posting the FE: if thingy translated for your convenience.

Oh and I forgot last time but: umm... c-custom robo?

And that 4th Brutality was hilarious.

Agreed.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

The demo's a thing but I don't think there will be any more on it?

I think it's pretty much that, at least from what I've heard.

Shame it won't have a sequel, but it don't end in a cliffhanger right?

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

The original is a multiple endings rpg.

Speaking of, just bought Long Live the Queen because I heard it was Magical girls meets Crusader Kings II.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

The original is a multiple endings rpg.

It have a canon ending?

Speaking of, just bought Long Live the Queen because I heard it was Magical girls meets Crusader Kings II.

I liked Long Live The Queen, can have Yuri ending with the older green haired woman.

last edited at Jun 3, 2015 1:39AM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

It have a canon ending?

Yeah, but I haven't got it yet. You can probably find it on google, or I'm not sure how much info the guide gives on it.

I liked Long Live The Queen, can have Yuri ending with the older green haired woman.

Apparently there's three yuri options.

Brin: Older duchess, can be married (somehow?), can marry closely related males of each other to be closer, or I think there's one where neither marry and they're each others 'companions'.

Briony: The green haired one, only a little older, you'll marry different guys for heirs but the affections remain for the other.

Alice: If you're evil you have many lovers, but she's your favourite sex slave.

All of this I've garnered online, haven't checked for myself.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

It have a canon ending?

Yeah, but I haven't got it yet. You can probably find it on google, or I'm not sure how much info the guide gives on it.

Thanks, I'll search about it later.

Apparently there's three yuri options.

Brin: Older duchess, can be married (somehow?), can marry closely related males of each other to be closer, or I think there's one where neither marry and they're each others 'companions'.

Briony: The green haired one, only a little older, you'll marry different guys for heirs but the affections remain for the other.

Alice: If you're evil you have many lovers, but she's your favourite sex slave.

All of this I've garnered online, haven't checked for myself.

I forgot about Alice, from what I remember don't need to have other lovers, just be evil, Briony is not really Yuri, more sisterly love since they distance themselves and marry man as they grow up, and I mixed up, Brin is the yuri ending and she's blond, you can marry her brother and she your father, but nothing really happens and it's just to make things easier, or they never marry anyone, you do have a heir, but the father is an unknown man that no one will never know.

last edited at Jun 3, 2015 2:01AM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

They patched a marriage ending for Brin I think.

Briony I heard was sham marriages?

The face my pink haired terror makes when she shouts off with his head...

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

They patched a marriage ending for Brin I think.

Briony I heard was sham marriages?

The face my pink haired terror makes when she shouts off with his head...

What they patched for Brin marriage? She's the one that have a sham marriage with your father and you with her brother, but it's your choice, for Briony I remember it was a real marriage, you just stay close to her, no yuri unfortunately, unless they changed it recently, I downloaded the latest version some months ago, march maybe, and I don't remember any change for Brin or Briony.

I'll go to the pc a little, go to the irc here on Dynasty so we can talk there, and I'll give you link for Maria Holic raws too.

last edited at Jun 3, 2015 2:35AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014
ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

You know you lend a game to your Uncle forgetting that he's never completed a game in his life? And as you suddenly get an urge to play it (I know, I keep switching games, it's horrible of and for me), you realise you are never getting it back? So you spend twenty quid to get it on your shitty laptop you're not sure can run it; except this time, you have the expansions! Y'know?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, the dev team managed to find a really good way to separate "anti-PC" kids from their money without actually having to go to the effort of making a good game. Although funny that Steam announced their refund policy the very next day, innit?

Hatred advertising: SATAN SATAN SATAN!!!!

Hatred gameplay:

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I don't think anyone expected Hatred to be good.........right?

Series: Shantae Pairing: Shantae x Risky Boots Link: deviantart

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I don't think anyone expected Hatred to be good.........right?

Series: Shantae Pairing: Shantae x Risky Boots Link: deviantart

I didn't expect it to be good, but I don't think anyone expected it to be quite this level of inept. Or for that matter, dull.

Although the idea of doing a pacifist run does sound kind of amusing.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I'm actually surprised that the folks on /v/, AKA the most cynical people in existence, didn't bash the gameplay too much after playing, sounds like a solid entry for the genre that ain't exactly innovating but does it's job right
The storytelling however, hehe, that's another deal entirely, this is such a high level of so bad it's good that i admit i got a little interesting in checking it out The cutscenes on youtube at least

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm actually surprised that the folks on /v/, AKA the most cynical people in existence, didn't bash the gameplay too much after playing, sounds like a solid entry for the genre that ain't exactly innovating but does it's job right
The storytelling however, hehe, that's another deal entirely, this is such a high level of so bad it's good that i admit i got a little interesting in checking it out The cutscenes on youtube at least

Eh, I watched some gameplay and it's full of graphical bugs, it's poorly optimized, has a big problem of getting you stuck on obstacles, enemies are active during executions, vehicles steer like an epileptic brick, controller support is poor at best, and the AI is tremendously dumb, where victims stop running from you after about 20 feet, and then just sort of standing around waiting for you to catch up.

"Functional but otherwise unremarkable twin-stick shooter" seems a good description.

As to the storytelling, I don't know if I could have imagined something that cried out so much for Tommy Wiseau to get involved and raise the quality.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

The game is very unpolished, there's not even enough "executions" to make them worthwhile plus everything-Nez-mentioned and it also simply looks like crap sometimes.

I haven't checked much of the story because I knew it was a quick-cash game from the beginning...but who knows? maybe they'll patch it so much and so well it'll be game of the year.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

I find it incredibly ironic that he ends up in a woodchipper at the end of Fargo, given the game you are talking about

last edited at Jun 4, 2015 3:00AM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Hatred's publicity was successful, even if it is just a mediocre top-down shooter with not much substance. All it had going for it was selling power: social-disruptive controversy, the more talk about it, the more ppl know of it. Letting people know it's a [game] and it exists -> the basic goal of publicity.

Without all the noise it would've quietly sunk like the rest of the average indie games that hit Steam's storefront. With that I give a slow clap to all those who argued for/against it, cuz they were an integral part of the publicity strategy.

Rsz_17544039_p0
joined Jul 19, 2014

Hatred's publicity was successful, even if it is just a mediocre top-down shooter with not much substance. All it had going for it was selling power: social-disruptive controversy, the more talk about it, the more ppl know of it. Letting people know it's a [game] and it exists -> the basic goal of publicity.

Without all the noise it would've quietly sunk like the rest of the average indie games that hit Steam's storefront. With that I give a slow clap to all those who argued for/against it, cuz they were an integral part of the publicity strategy.

I guess "there is no such thing as bad publicity" rings true in Hatred's case.

This topic has been locked.