Forum › question: how does this site stay up?

Cooldudeshitlord
Tumblr_inline_mmx1mincnm1qz4rgp
joined Nov 15, 2014

not saying this site bein up is a bad thing ofc, but who pays for the server costs n guff? id imagine that gets pretty expensive, and i never see any like "donate some cash moneys here" button on here, and theres no ads. whos paying the bills here? is ellen degeneres sponsoring dynasty-scans? other famous lesbians that i cant be bothered to google? how do it work my man

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

GOD on the rizon.net IRC has generously offered the server for us to use for free. That's why we have an 8 download limit for every 24 hours so as to help reduce bandwidth usage by discouraging mass drive-by downloads. An upgrade of the server would be a bit on the costly side so we stuck with this option.

joined Jan 8, 2016

Zeus gets displeased and strikes everyone down with lightning when they are trying to take down the yuri.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

so it doesnt involved virginal sacrifices? by that I mean sending virgin lesbians to homulucifer/goddoka.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Is fueled by the futa discussions and the subtext teasing

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

That's why we have an 8 download limit for every 24 hours so as to help reduce bandwidth usage by discouraging mass drive-by downloads.

What does this mean?

last edited at May 1, 2016 3:37PM

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

There will be people who only visit our site to download as much as they want to and then leave. This is going to be more taxing on daily and monthly bandwidth than those who read things as they come by. So the limit was put into place to not only discourage that but to attempt to coerce people into visiting the scanlator's website to obtain it instead. I can't say how successful that is in regards to getting people to visit the scanlators but the limit seems to be of some use for now.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Wow. I didn't know there was a download limit, never saw it mentioned before, that's pretty interesting

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

I ran into it the other day while I had been trying to download chapters of renai manga.

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

MrEngenious posted:

GOD on the rizon.net IRC has generously offered the server for us to use for free.

Thank GOD

First time i really mean that

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

MrEngenious posted:

So the limit was put into place to not only discourage that but to attempt to coerce people into visiting the scanlator's website to obtain it instead.

Ends up kinda ineffective at times though when you have groups such as Fly by Yuri which only uploads to Dynasty and other groups which all too often don't include a release post link. (Lililicious and Yuri Project in particular I know have a habit of doing this one.)

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I just... kinda... bypass limitations... sorry :p

To reply you must either login or sign up.