Forum › WDTFS fans - off topic

Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

I just think it's so unfair how we treat animals, which are so sensitive and empathetic the way we do. :-( I've seen it in a documentary once. There was a farmer's son, who was 18 years old. They had a 15 year old cow and she was basically his best friend. Whenever he didn't feel okay, he would go into the stable and sit with his cow and she would usually put her head on his shoulder and press her front to his as if mimicking a hug or lick him all over like a dog trying to cheer you up. I swear, I had almost gone vegetarian after seeing that doc. They're basically big, slow dogs and we treat them like shit. Meh.

But it would be too cruel to raise one in a place that is forever summer

o_0...Where do you live?

Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

o_0...Where do you live?

Brazil xD

Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

o_0...Where do you live?

Brazil xD

And I thought you were one of the Asians in here. xD

Llamanewp
joined Mar 17, 2016

Awww the cows are so cute! I didn't know they could feel and distinguish about as many emotions as dogs that is cool

Cute. But dogs still are the best. I have always wanted a Samoyed. But it would be too cruel to raise one in a place that is forever summer.

Oh gosh they are so cute! But they have so much fur so yeah it would suck to have them if you are basically always having summer lol

Right? They are basically giant white playful fluffy balls of fur, how can one even resist that? xD
But the poor thing would just suffer here. If I ever move to a colder place, I will raise one. / dreamy eyes /

You might just need to move to a colder place so you can have one hahaha it would be worth it XD

Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

o_0...Where do you live?

Brazil xD

And I thought you were one of the Asians in here. xD

I come from a Japanese family who immigrated to Brazil. I'm the result of a traditional Japanese family raised in a completely different culture from my house lol.

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Something weird just happened here. I was sitting in the dining room and suddenly I heard a loud noise, like someone's trying to open a door with a lot of force. It was so loud that I quickly turn my head towards source of the sound, which is the front door. But the door was locked. And there was no sign of anyone trying to open it. I checked every door and window but it was all locked. Now I'm scared....o.o

Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

Awww the cows are so cute! I didn't know they could feel and distinguish about as many emotions as dogs that is cool

Cute. But dogs still are the best. I have always wanted a Samoyed. But it would be too cruel to raise one in a place that is forever summer.

Oh gosh they are so cute! But they have so much fur so yeah it would suck to have them if you are basically always having summer lol

Right? They are basically giant white playful fluffy balls of fur, how can one even resist that? xD
But the poor thing would just suffer here. If I ever move to a colder place, I will raise one. / dreamy eyes /

You might just need to move to a colder place so you can have one hahaha it would be worth it XD

Actually that's part of my plan xD

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

I just think it's so unfair how we treat animals, which are so sensitive and empathetic the way we do. :-( I've seen it in a documentary once. There was a farmer's son, who was 18 years old. They had a 15 year old cow and she was basically his best friend. Whenever he didn't feel okay, he would go into the stable and sit with his cow and she would usually put her head on his shoulder and press her front to his as if mimicking a hug or lick him all over like a dog trying to cheer you up. I swear, I had almost gone vegetarian after seeing that doc. They're basically big, slow dogs and we treat them like shit. Meh.

but you must admit they're yummy >.>

joined Mar 8, 2014

Something weird just happened here. I was sitting in the dining room and suddenly I heard a loud noise, like someone's trying to open a door with a lot of force. It was so loud that I quickly turn my head towards source of the sound, which is the front door. But the door was locked. And there was no sign of anyone trying to open it. I checked every door and window but it was all locked. Now I'm scared....o.o

omg... is your house haunted?! XD
but really... is a robber trying to get in or something? well... as long as everything is locked it should be fine...

Photopictureresizer_160424_131930125-640x360
joined Jan 13, 2016

I think it is just the wind. I am hearing it all the time.

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

but really... is a robber trying to get in or something? well... as long as everything is locked it should be fine...

Not that I know of xD
I'm honestly more afraid of a robber than a ghost, but hopefully it's not that.

I think it is just the wind. I am hearing it all the time.

The sound was too loud for it just being a wind or a cat, and it's not windy at all here Dx

Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

I come from a Japanese family who immigrated to Brazil. I'm the result of a traditional Japanese family raised in a completely different culture from my house lol.

That's kind of cool! But did you actually learn Japanese culture from your family or did you only get to know the Brazilian's way of living?

@Martian:
o_0 ... Maybe switch on the lights and turn on the TV to fake there's people in the house? It usually drives potential robbers away pretty quickly. Otherwise, if the weather is stormy outside, I agree with Mvl. Wind can be pretty powerful.

If you really feel unsafe now and think there might be a robber nearby, here's some emergency pointers to remember:
* Get something long and hard as a weapon to defend yourself with. Pretty much anything that won't immediately break after dealing a hit will do.
* Do not get a knife as a weapon, but make sure they're stored away in a place the potential robber couldn't find them.
* Sit in a way so a wall is behind you and the next door is far enough away from you so you can actually react should someone come in.
* If there is somebody coming into your house, do not confront them. Do not look for them. Do not go search for the source of noises you hear. Stay where you are and stay as calm as you can.
* If this won't do, call the police. Ask them to come check what's going on.

last edited at Apr 16, 2016 2:20PM

joined Mar 8, 2014

Not that I know of xD
I'm honestly more afraid of a robber than a ghost, but hopefully it's not that.

obviously! I mean ghosts... don't exist, at least that we know of! XD >.>

joined Mar 8, 2014

That's kind of cool! But did you actually learn Japanese culture from your family or did you only get to know the Brazilian's way of living?

@Martian:
o_0 ... Maybe switch on the lights and turn on the TV to fake there's people in the house? It usually drives potential robbers away pretty quickly. Otherwise, if the weather is stormy outside, I agree with Mvl. Wind can be pretty powerful.

ah, you could also pretend you're talking XD, I sometimes talk to myself when there's no one around and I'm scared my roommates will come and think I've gone crazy XD. Honestly sometimes I go like "I'm just gonna eat a bit of chocolate, just a bit ><" and then I go like "I told you not to eat more than 2 pieces a day!" "but just this once, just this once is fine" "oh well okay whatever; I doubt you'll get fat anyway" XD

last edited at Apr 16, 2016 2:16PM

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Lin

I switched the Tv on but kept the light of since it's easier to see outside the window that way. I'm just afraid of robbers, since people around here knows no fear. It's definitely not the wind because it's so quiet here and not windy at all >.<....

I've actually seen a no-face-woman ghost once, but they can't harm me like a living being can XD

ah, you could also pretend you're talking XD, I sometimes talk to myself when there's no one around and I'm scared my roommates will come and think I've gone crazy XD. Honestly sometimes I go like "I'm just gonna eat a bit of chocolate, just a bit ><" and then I go like "I told you not to eat more than 2 pieces a day!" "but just this once, just this once is fine" "oh well okay whatever; I doubt you'll get fat anyway" XD

I just turn the Tv on and turn the volume up to makeit look like there's actually people there...Interesting, I might try using that method of yours xD

last edited at Apr 16, 2016 2:26PM

joined Mar 8, 2014

Lin

I switched the Tv on but kept the light of since it's easier to see outside the window that way. I'm just afraid of robbers, since people around here knows no fear. It's definitely not the wind because it's so quiet here and not windy at all >.<....

I've actually seen a no-face-woman ghost once, but they can't harm me like a living being can XD

omg are you serious?!?! tell me more! I'm interested ^-^

Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

Lin

Even though I was born in Brazil, my house always had a heavy Japanese environment. I've learned Japanese and Portuguese simultaneously, because my parents would talk in Japanese at home. I was the weird kid at school that sometimes added Japanese words in my speech xD. There were also a lot of issues regarding cultural aspects, since my reference was the Japanese culture, but I was learning the Brazilian way outside. It was harder at the beginning, but eventually a kid get used to it.

Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

@Martian:
I edited my previous post and added a few pointers for you to remember now. If you really do feel like you might not be safe in your house right now, I advise you try to follow them. I don't want to needlessly scare you, but it'd be unrealistic to just say it's nothing while at the moment, it could really be anything.

Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

Even though I was born in Brazil, my house always had a heavy Japanese environment. I've learned Japanese and Portuguese simultaneously, because my parents would talk in Japanese at home. I was the weird kid at school that sometimes added Japanese words in my speech xD. There were also a lot of issues regarding cultural aspects, since my reference was the Japanese culture, but I was learning the Brazilian way outside. It was harder at the beginning, but eventually a kid get used to it.

Yeah, I can relate to that a little. But at least your parents could properly teach you Japanese and get you in touch with your original culture. Since my parents spoke languages that weren't similar at all, they talked in English most of the time, so I basically learned Arabic and Italian, which would've usually been my two mother tongues, as my second and third languages. I needed Arabic for not even 2 years of my life and Italian for barely another 7. For the past 20 years, I have been speaking German to communicate with Germans and English to communicate with my family. I barely remember a few words of Arabic and Italian, which really makes me a bit sad. :-[

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Lin

omg are you serious?!?! tell me more! I'm interested ^-^

It's a long time ago though, back when I was an innocent little child. I was on my home from school. When I pass the backyard of my house, I turn my head just to look if anyone's home. The back door was open, and there, was standing a women dressed in a floral print shirt, black skirt, shoulder length black hair waving at me, but I just kept walking. I remember thinking to myself, oh that must be my aunt visiting. But then I took a step back and took a better look of that person, and that's when I realised that she had no face. It was flat and white. And she was still waving at me. I then ran home, and there was my brother there, already home. I asked him whether our aunt has come to visit, and he told me that nobody came...And it was in the middle of the day o.o

Lin

I read the points you added. Thank you, I'll do that.

last edited at Apr 16, 2016 2:36PM

joined Mar 8, 2014

Lin

yeah I imagine Brazilian culture and Japanese culture are very different!! XD
When I lived in Spain my parents also spoke in Greek all the time to me so (my dad couldn't even speak Spanish properly gosh XD). Though I did have an accent so when I went to Greece I didn't fit in very well for many reasons. When I moved to Cyprus though my level in greek was really normal for my age so I was more confident and I was also not really Cypriot, more just Greek, so I had that "excuse" to not be like them, idk XD. I'm half Cypriot but I can't speak Cypriot without sounding dumb; basically it doesn't come naturally (it's just a dialect in case you didn't know; it's not very different from neutral Greek but it has a heavy accent so I think most people from the mainland have a hard time understanding it!)

joined Mar 8, 2014

Yeah, I can relate to that a little. But at least your parents could properly teach you Japanese and get you in touch with your original culture. Since my parents spoke languages that weren't similar at all, they talked in English most of the time, so I basically learned Arabic and Italian, which would've usually been my two mother tongues, as my second and third languages. I needed Arabic for not even 2 years of my life and Italian for barely another 7. For the past 20 years, I have been speaking German to communicate with Germans and English to communicate with my family. I barely remember a few words of Arabic and Italian, which really makes me a bit sad. :-[

ah yeah it's a bit confusing when the parents don't know each other's language I guess :/ It's a bit similar with how I can't speak Cypriot because my mom never spoke like that. We went to Cyprus often so I could understand them without a problem but yeah... sometimes my Cypriot friends ask me to say Cypriot words and it's really funny because I sound a bit silly ^-^''

Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

It's a long time ago though, back when I was an innocent little child. I was on my home from school. When I pass the backyard of my house, I turn my head just to look if anyone's home. The back door was open, and there, was standing a women dressed in a floral print shirt, black skirt, shoulder length black hair waving at me, but I just kept walking. I remember thinking to myself, oh that must be my aunt visiting. But then I took a step back and took a better look of that person, and that's when I realised that she had no face. It was flat and white. And she was still waving at me. I then ran home, and there was my brother there, already home. I asked him whether our aunt has come to visit, and he told me that nobody came...And it was in the middle of the day o.o

...Well, I wasn't really planning on sleeping tonight anyway, so...ahahahaha. ^_^;
Seriously though, a lot of people usually say they wouldn't have guessed it, but I guess you could say I'm a little bit into the occult and I actually do believe in the existence of ghosts, spirits, phantoms and etc. Sometimes, Reeba or Jacky come into the room, stare at something in the air, that I apparently can't see and then suddenly run like hell to another room. I hate when they do that. It makes me feel so uncomfortable, as if there's a ghost in the room and a pair of invisible eyes watching me. I know, it's probably silly, but gooosh... >_<

last edited at Apr 16, 2016 2:51PM

Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

hey guys Happy Saturday.
Azai oh so ur the Brazilian i thought martian was.. how is the queer scene in brazil?

Happy Saturday, elthundercat!

Well, I'd say Brazil has a quite friendly queer scene. There were a lot of progress regarding lgbt rights and social acceptance in the last years. Regarding lbgt rights, couples can get married and adopt, although those rights aren't really guaranteed by our legislation. You may ask permission and it will be analyzed by the judiciary branch. There's a lot of rights to acquire though.
Regarding social acceptance, it really depends. Brazil has a large Christian population and many government representatives end up influenced by religion. Younger generations are more open minded. However, the violence against lgbt people is awfully expressive, and it's on the rising.

joined Mar 8, 2014

...Well, I wasn't really planning on sleeping tonight anyway, so...ahahahaha. ^_^;
Seriously though, a lot of people usually say they wouldn't have guessed it, but I guess you could say I'm a little bit into the occult and I actually do believe in the existence of ghosts, spirits, phantoms and etc. Sometimes, Reeba or Jacky come into the room, stare at something in the air, that I apparently can't see and then suddenly run like hell to another room. I hate when they do that. It makes me feel so uncomfortable, as if there's a ghost in the room and a pair of invisible eyes watching me. I know, it's probably silly, but gooosh... >_<

me too XD but I'm always really skeptical about these things. That thing you saw sounds like the Japanese yokai nopperabo... O_O which is kind of disturbing. How can you be sure it wasn't a hallucination though? Ooooooor... that it was a woman who had burned her whole face leaving her faceless like that? Though I don't know why she'd be wondering around like that... maybe she actually was into scaring people
Reminds me of this Greek novel (η φόνισσα) which is basically about a woman who had been through a lot of pain in her life, childbirth, children dying and stuff (I've never actually read it so I don't know the details) and she was a babysitter (of sorts) and she would kill little girls because she didn't want them to... go through the same experiences... Well, this author, Alexandros Papadiamantis writes a lot of dark stuff like that; in high school we read one of his stories.
The Seal's Dirge
Just in case you're interested ^-^''''

To reply you must either login or sign up.