Forum › Fanfictions

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Also when they are "Last updated 3 years ago."

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Also when they are "Last updated 3 years ago."

This message brought to you by a fic about Honoka having Maki teach her piano in secret as a way to become better friends, last updated in 2015. Also the last thing the author posted.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Want to have your heart broken? Read multi-chapter fics that don't have a "completed" tag.

Can't say I blame the author lwhen i myself haven't posted a chapter in 6 months :P

You know what's even heart breaking? When you got emotionally attached to the story only to find author abandoned the story.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Want to have your heart broken? Read multi-chapter fics that don't have a "completed" tag.

Can't say I blame the author lwhen i myself haven't posted a chapter in 6 months :P

You know what's even heart breaking? When you got emotionally attached to the story only to find author abandoned the story.

It is a hurt that does not heal.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

I drown myself in different fan fics to forget about the ones that are not finished. Sometimes one shots are the best remedy.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

It is a hurt that does not heal.

True. There are so many awesome UlquiorraxOrihime stories thst so popular but weren't updated in like 5 years. Some even 7.

Good thing there aren't many good yuri stories in fanfiction :P

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10265272/1/cautious-steps

Really great Homura x Madoka. Can't recommend it enough. Set in an AU with no supernatural elements, the characters' personalities are strong, defined, and interesting, at least to me. The chapters are perhaps a little monotonous, but I love how sweetly Madoka deals with Homura's emotional and physical health issues.

last edited at Mar 2, 2017 6:00AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Loads of good yuri stories in fanfiction. Fewer where the writing quality lives up to the story being good, but you make allowances.

Here's one I really like, a Maki x Rin (Love Live) short called How To Properly Pet a Cat.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Lots of good TsubaHono here: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1050471/

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Lots of good TsubaHono here: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1050471/

Ah, I meant to re-read Warm Cocoa Melts the Heart. Couple in there I don't think I've read too.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Got another Love Live! fic to recommend, stumbled upon this one the other day and found it really affecting. Efforts and Changes by Dessert Maniac.

It's a three-chapter character piece that focuses on the second years during the brief period where Honoka is offered Student Council leadership. The complication is that this version of Honoka is not only aro/ace (which is a surprisingly small part of the story), but also clearly not neurotypical. The author says she wasn't written as autistic, but she has a similar difficulty reading expressions and identifying others' emotions, as well as more subtle "out of the norm" differences. The real crux of the first two chapters has a lot to do with her relationship with Umi, who has always pushed her to do better and what that means from both their perspectives, and the third focuses on Kotori who has her own internal struggle to deal with.

Overall it's pretty powerful, and a bit surprising how well this alternate reading of Honoka fits in with the version in the actual anime.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I just posted a very short (200 words) Rin x Maki fic over at AO3. Sort of a warm-up for a bigger original fiction project I'm starting on tomorrow.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/10715880

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

I saw you posted another 200 word one. I enjoyed both of them.

I am itching for some RinPana (as the main pair; I have read some NicoMaki with good RinPana) but they seem really rare (maybe too little drama and angst??). Does anyone have any recommendations? I need my cotton candy. (Though I guess KotoPana would be more like cotton candy, but I have a sweet tooth for RinPana that never gets satisfied).

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I haven't actually read that much good RinPana, although there's a HonoMaki fic I really like that has them as a prominent side couple with pregnant Hanayo. If I find anything else good I'll link it though.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

I don't remember reading any where they are the main couple. :( I guess they are way too vanilla for that.

Edit: Something like Kase-san but instead RinPana. I was gonna say Nico can be the cool older senpai but lol at Nico being athletic. I guess it could be that Pana is the one with a cool older senpai.

last edited at Apr 25, 2017 10:06AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I don't remember reading any where they are the main couple. :( I guess they are way too vanilla for that.

Edit: Something like Kase-san but instead RinPana. I was gonna say Nico can be the cool older senpai but lol at Nico being athletic. I guess it could be that Pana is the one with a cool older senpai.

Well yeah, but if it's not athleticism but idols we're talking about, then Rin would go in the Yamada role, completely out of her depth, and it all works out.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Now I want this. ;_;

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Well yeah, but if it's not athleticism but idols we're talking about, then Rin would go in the Yamada role, completely out of her depth, and it all works out.

Hmm, funny that I just read this:
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10233955/1/Rainy-Day

RinPana, and with Rin showing up in a baseball cap, I can't help but think of Kase.
Also eating cake in the bedroom made me think of their cake eating scene. And afterwards of course.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Looking through AO3, it seems like most RinPana fics aren't really about them so much as they're a side couple in NicoMaki fics. The rest are mostly "they don't realize each others' feelings and then they get together pretty much by accident and it's cute".

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Hmm, funny that I just read this:
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10233955/1/Rainy-Day

RinPana, and with Rin showing up in a baseball cap, I can't help but think of Kase.
Also eating cake in the bedroom made me think of their cake eating scene. And afterwards of course.

Oh wow, it's been so long since I read this one.

Looking through AO3, it seems like most RinPana fics aren't really about them so much as they're a side couple in NicoMaki fics. The rest are mostly "they don't realize each others' feelings and then they get together pretty much by accident and it's cute".

I don't mind side couple RinPana in NicoMaki fics, since I read a lot of NicoMaki and I love RinPana, so RinPana being it them is a huge plus for me. In fact, I love having RinPana show up in them, but can it be RinPana as the main couple with side couple NicoMaki for a change??

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I don't mind side couple RinPana in NicoMaki fics, since I read a lot of NicoMaki and I love RinPana, so RinPana being it them is a huge plus for me. In fact, I love having RinPana show up in them, but can it be RinPana as the main couple with side couple NicoMaki for a change??

I've seen a couple, but again the stories just weren't that strong. Part of that is because they're not exactly a couple with much conflict. The worst most people come up with is one or both is clueless and doesn't think the other's interested, or occasionally Hanayo's self-confidence. But otherwise they're treated as basically a fluffy, fated couple and that's the end of it. Which doesn't make a very satisfying meal, honestly.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

I don't necessarily want something drama filled or angsty with them. Even if its something as lame as a "what do I get them for Valentines day" sorta story, I am fine with something cutesy. Let's say Rin goes and asks Nico what should she do. Nico is hanging out with BiBi, the other third years (or just Nozomi), and it's just silly hijinks.

With RinPana I just want fluff that will make me smile. Sometimes that is all I need. It's why I like:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/rinpana_go_explode

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I find that stuff works better in doujins than prose, to be honest. Not that I don't LOVE me some fluff, it's just that most of the RinPana stuff I've read where they're the lead couple has been pretty same-y. There's stuff I love where they're support characters, like "A Ring's Odyssey" where they're married and Hanayo's pregnant, with great interactions and Rin being supportive and understanding while still being the Rin we know (there's also NozoNicoEli, which makes me even happier). It's the fics where they're out front where I'm still looking for ones that stand out from the crowd.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Ah, found one that goes in a slightly different direction than usual, Angel in Disguise. No other couples, pretty in-character, fluffy with a serious side. A good RinPana fic all around.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Haha, I read this one before. When I couldn't find RinPana stuff on FF.net, I went to AO3.

To reply you must either login or sign up.