Forum › Valkyrie Drive, New Multimedia Project by Senran Kagura's Creator

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

I imported the 64GB one from Japan after originally buying a 32GB one for like $100. -_-

32GB was like not enough to hold all the digital downloads I wanted.

last edited at Jul 22, 2016 8:44PM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

If I were to only... get physical copies of games (or inb4, only got the Valkyrie Drive game), would I need a memory card >_>
Yes I'm losing motivation.
I'm not sure what to do rn, I think I'm gonna take a break from thinking about this and do other things. I'll come back to it tomorrow maybe. I'll probs just end up ordering a 16GN one online, I don't see myself downloading/using it much
I realllyyy winged it sigh

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Patches take up a lot of space.

The second gen model has 1GB onboard but that is nothing. Mem card is required.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Patches take up a lot of space.

The second gen model has 1GB onboard but that is nothing. Mem card is required.

What are...
Patches.
obvious noob

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

When there is an update for a game, it has to download a patch. This is either fixes or new data. These vary from small in size to some large in size. Like they can be 20MB to 500MB or even a Gig.

joined Sep 21, 2014

When there is an update for a game, it has to download a patch. This is either fixes or new data. These vary from small in size to some large in size. Like they can be 20MB to 500MB or even a Gig.

For physical games too? D;

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Yes. You do not have to download patches, but they might not let you use some DLC or you may run into bugs without them.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

In the case of games with a significative delay between their releases in different regions, the usual is for the localization to include the patches out of the box.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Hmm will the sketch lil 4GB card be enough for patches? >_>

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

A cursory search tells me there's an update to 1.05 which is about 400MB. Assuming there were versions 1.01-1.04 before it, and each one was at most 500MB in size, you're looking at a possible total of 2.5GB of patches. Assuming the 1GB of storage that comes with the Vita is required for system files and that those files must be transferred to the new card, you're left with 0.5GB of free space. A little tight, but it would probably be fine as long as you don't have to download anything else and save files for the game aren't ridiculous.

Those are all very "worst case scenario" numbers; it's possible that the 1.05 update was a straight jump from the release version, in which case you'd have more like 2.5-3.5GB of free space. Plus I don't own a Vita myself (basing this off of the PSP I used to own) so I'm not sure how it manages its files.

TL;DR I'd get the 4GB card first, only purchasing it after I have the game and Vita in hand, and making sure to buy it from a reputable retailer with a good return policy. Once it arrives I'd immediately test it to see if it fits the patch(es) and save files: if it works, great; if it doesn't, RMA the card while it's still eligible for return and get a larger one.

last edited at Jul 23, 2016 2:13AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Don't worry about space too much. You can back up your stuff on your PC/Laptop.
Some games like "the Arland Trilogy" won't fit in anything smaller than 16 gigs. I'm doing just fine with 8Gb atm, but I'll probably invest in a 32Gb eventually...Curse you Sony....

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

A cursory search tells me there's an update to 1.05 which is about 400MB. Assuming there were versions 1.01-1.04 before it, and each one was at most 500MB in size, you're looking at a possible total of 2.5GB of patches. Assuming the 1GB of storage that comes with the Vita is required for system files and that those files must be transferred to the new card, you're left with 0.5GB of free space. A little tight, but it would probably be fine as long as you don't have to download anything else and save files for the game aren't ridiculous.

Those are all very "worst case scenario" numbers; it's possible that the 1.05 update was a straight jump from the release version, in which case you'd have more like 2.5-3.5GB of free space. Plus I don't own a Vita myself (basing this off of the PSP I used to own) so I'm not sure how it manages its files.

TL;DR I'd get the 4GB card first, only purchasing it after I have the game and Vita in hand, and making sure to buy it from a reputable retailer with a good return policy. Once it arrives I'd immediately test it to see if it fits the patch(es) and save files: if it works, great; if it doesn't, RMA the card while it's still eligible for return and get a larger one.

4GB is too small to be worth it. If you only plan to get a couple of games then 8GB is the way to go at least If you plan to use the Vita quite a bit then 32GB is a must.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Dark_Tzitzimine, so I've taken a long enough mental break from thinking about the PSVita. Right now I'm scrolling through some games on the Playstation Store and I'm wondering. When they tell you the minimum KB, what do they mean? Minimum for what?

last edited at Aug 2, 2016 1:32AM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

The minimum space needed on your memory card for the game. When they use KB is just to save files while MB is for full games.

Bhikkhuni has finally gone live on Amazon US by the way

https://www.amazon.com/Valkyrie-Drive--Bhikkhuni--PlayStation-Vita/dp/B01JHQURLY/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1470114244&sr=8-10&keywords=valkyrie+drive

joined Sep 21, 2014

The minimum space needed on your memory card for the game. When they use KB is just to save files while MB is for full games.

Aah yes, thank you for clarifying :)

Bhikkhuni has finally gone live on Amazon US by the way

https://www.amazon.com/Valkyrie-Drive--Bhikkhuni--PlayStation-Vita/dp/B01JHQURLY/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1470114244&sr=8-10&keywords=valkyrie+drive

Will amazon be selling the Liberator Edition thing? Or is it to be ordered on a specific site?

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

The Liberator Edition is an exclusive of Rice Digital sadly.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

And is up on VGP with free worldwide shipping and the preorder bonus cards

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/valkyrie-drive-bhikkhuni-pre-order-bonus-art-cards-vita-free-shipping-p-24112.html

joined Sep 21, 2014

And is up on VGP with free worldwide shipping and the preorder bonus cards

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/valkyrie-drive-bhikkhuni-pre-order-bonus-art-cards-vita-free-shipping-p-24112.html

Oh, thank you for sharing, for sharing all the time actually. I'll look into it when I get home. *-* Though I haven't really got a reason/motivation to want the Liberator Edition. What was it they gave you? Just the soundtrack and some art cards?

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

The Liberator Edition includes the cards, the OST, an Artbook, a pouch for the Vita and a brand new cover designed exclusively for the west.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Bad news, the game was refused rating in australia

http://www.classification.gov.au/Pages/View.aspx?sid=3vA5%252feP0eGR37lLJWejArw%253d%253d&ncdctx=Gf3clnni9V4gkuJO9ojrXmuWQ%252fzY%252fgxWhVma0JjC9tuxxRE7tuZ%2blJweCnU%2biOI3

TechRaptor inquired the australian board for their reasons to do this and here's the answer they got

The Australian Classification Board has responded to our inquiry regarding the rating of Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni. As they explain it, the reason why the game was Refused Classification is because the game promotes elements that offend standards of morality, and also uses sexuality as an incentive and reward. A major factor in the refusal of classification is due to “implied sexual violence” in the game, especially if they pertain to incentives or rewards.. The response we received cited 1(a) and 1(c) of their Code in their reasoning.

http://techraptor.net/content/valkyrie-drive-bhikkhuni-banned-australia

last edited at Aug 10, 2016 12:01AM

joined Oct 12, 2013

I just imported a 64gb card and went ddl only for my Vita. PSN is always having sales, so you can build up a collection for peanuts, but the initial hump of investing in a card does understandably put people off. Sony really shot themselves in the foot with the proprietary memory thing. I do want to buy Valkyrie Drive though, it’ll probably be the only physical game I own.

joined Sep 21, 2014

I ordered a 32GB one, rip my wallet

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

My sides

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

There really is a dril for every occasion.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

There really is a dril for every occasion.

Next you're going to tell me you also read Chuck Tingle.

last edited at Aug 18, 2016 4:39PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.