Forum › Mirai 2015 - Yuri by Deen?

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

So apparently in this year's Mirai, a training project for young animators, Deen might show a yuri(-ish?) anime.

Here's what Animenewsnetwork says:
Plot Summary: Eri, a girl who likes to stay indoors, meets a mysterious but enthusiastic transfer student named Haru. Eri used to love to sing and Haru loves Eri's singing. The story follows the two during one summer of their high school life as their love sometimes overlaps and sometimes passes by each other.

Kenichi Ishikura is the director. That's the guy that made Sakura Trick look like a Shaft anime so that's pretty awesome.
Also, pictures:

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Interesting, potential yuri.
Also visually colorful, love the look.

Is there any trailer/PV/clip or anything showing animation? Or only screenshots?

Ejej
joined Aug 24, 2014

Looking forward to it!

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

sakura trick director! there's hope for actual kissssss!!!!

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Will be interesting to see Ishikura's style when he has an actual budget to work with. Continuing on the staff, it's not just the director of Sakura Trick on board- There's also the producer, writer, and animation studio. Also have the character designer of Sora no Method and Girl Friend Beta, but that doesn't mean much

So, I'm looking forward to it

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I would not go into this with high hopes, not expecting anything stronger than subtext.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Oh it looks interesting but no...I can't jump in with high expectations I just cant! haaaawwwww.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

It's out, it's good, and it's pretty gay. Not openly romantic, but it's not at all hard to read Haru and Eri as dating by the end

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

It's out, it's good, and it's pretty gay. Not openly romantic, but it's not at all hard to read Haru and Eri as dating by the end

Does it have any male character that could in the future become a love interest?

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Does it have any male character that could in the future become a love interest?

No. Not that it matters, since this was a complete story. If it gets turned into a series I'd expect them to start over

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

No. Not that it matters, since this was a complete story. If it gets turned into a series I'd expect them to start over

Great! My body is ready for the subtext, but I need to wait for the translation....

And I sure hope it becomes a serie, pray to Madokami-sama.

last edited at Mar 30, 2015 10:14PM

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

There are subs floating about. Haven't seen them, so I can't really vouch for their quality.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Nyaa already subbed it, I think.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

There is two versions on Nyaa, translated by caffeine and Mori, anyone know if there's much difference between them?

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=672001
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=672157

last edited at Mar 30, 2015 10:26PM

joined Jul 2, 2013

Nothing really special about the characters nor the story. Animation was pretty nice, but doesn't really stand out from the rest of the Mirai shorts. It did make me smile some though, so I guess that counts for something.

There is two versions on Nyaa, translated by caffeine and Mori, anyone know if there's much difference between them?

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=672001
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=672157

I watched caffeine's and it looked decent.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I watched it now and it's pretty gay indeed, but not gay enough! They're never gay enough dammmit! And I sure hope that Haru and Eri are dating in the end, it's made by the director of Sakura Trick after all so it's possible.

Nothing really special about the characters nor the story. Animation was pretty nice, but doesn't really stand out from the rest of the Mirai shorts. It did make me smile some though, so I guess that counts for something.

Although It's really nothing special, it seens to have potential to make an anime, a shame they probably will never make one, do they ever make anime from short animations or ova like that? I can only think of Black Rock Shooter.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I can vouch for the Mori subs being fine

I watched it now and it's pretty gay indeed, but not gay enough! They're never gay enough dammmit! And I sure hope that Haru and Eri are dating in the end, it's made by the director of Sakura Trick after all so it's possible.

It's not like they were subtle about which way Haru swings, and Eri was okay with sharing a bed with her...

do they ever make anime from short animations or ova like that?

It's fairly common. OVAs are often a way of gauging interest in a full series. In theory, this shouldn't be the case with Anime Mirai, but even then it wouldn't be the first

joined Jul 2, 2013

Although It's really nothing special, it seens to have potential to make an anime, a shame they probably will never make one, do they ever make anime from short animations or ova like that? I can only think of Black Rock Shooter.

Anime Mirai is a government funded project meant to train young, new animators. Usually, you don't get more, but there have been cases like Trigger's Little Witch Academia Kickstarter or Madhouse's Death Parade.

This doesn't look like something that will be popular enough for a special treatment though.

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 12:20AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

do they ever make anime from short animations or ova like that? I can only think of Black Rock Shooter.

Mirai 2013 showed Little Witch Academia and Death Billird. Little Witch Academia is getting a second OVA and the sequel anime to Death Billiard, Death Parade, just finished airing. So it's definitely possible.

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 12:13AM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

This doesn't look like something that will be popular enough for a special treatment though.

Ins't that always the case with yuri? yuri never get enough love...

Mirai 2013 showed Little Witch Academia and Death Billird. Little Witch Academia is getting a second OVA and the sequel anime of Death Billiard, Death Parade, just finished airing. So it's definitely possible.

Somehow I doubt this will have an anime, at least it's what I'm going to believe for now, when it's related to yuri my hope is crushed a lot of times, why would now be different?

If I'm not using the term wrong, isn't yuri like the underdog of the genres in japan? always the one with less mangas, animes and games, always the one that they make joke's about in het/harem anime, even yaoi seens to get more of everything compared to yuri dammit!

(I'm sure talking a lot on Dynasty today)

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 12:28AM

joined Jul 2, 2013

The short being yuri-ish isn't really the problem. Ongaku Shoujo does not stand out in any way like Little Witch Academia or Death Billiards did.

You never know though. Japan loves idols.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

The short being yuri-ish isn't really the problem. Ongaku Shoujo does not stand out in any way like Little Witch Academia or Death Billiards did.

You never know though. Japan loves idols.

"Japan love idols", by love you mean "insanely obsessive in a stalker way"?

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Ongaku Shoujo does not stand out in any way like Little Witch Academia or Death Billiards did.

Well, that's pretty hard to do.

joined Jul 2, 2013

Ongaku Shoujo does not stand out in any way like Little Witch Academia or Death Billiards did.

Well, that's pretty hard to do.

Of course, but that's exactly why they deserve the extra contents.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Watched it. Certainly did not feel like I wasted my time, so it's fine for what it was I guess... Colorful.

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 1:07AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.