Forum › Yuka vs Byakruen Reloaded discussion

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

Is Byakuren really this powerful to overthrow Yuuka?

For some reason, I do not want to accept this.

joined Dec 18, 2013

Honestly, Tohonifun spends far too much time obsessing about powerlevels and very little on actual character, and even then he gets it all wrong. He has Yukari almost lose to Yuuka in one book. That should tell you all you need to know.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Eh, it tells me that they're fan made doujins that try to give a alternate depiction of the world, as they usually do. Some people wanna make very accurate doujins where everyone is exactly as strong as in canon, some wanna make fun brawl's where people punch each other a lot.

I think the best thing about Touhou doujins is you can have things where Wriggle is a punching bag bullied by others, and others where she has strengths and skills that secretly make her extremely strong, as seen as in stuff like Wriggle vs. SDM. The variety of genres from comedy to horror, diverse depictions of the setting, it's that kind of thing that makes them so interesting.

joined Apr 10, 2013

Eh, it tells me that they're fan made doujins that try to give a alternate depiction of the world, as they usually do. Some people wanna make very accurate doujins where everyone is exactly as strong as in canon, some wanna make fun brawl's where people punch each other a lot.

I think the best thing about Touhou doujins is you can have things where Wriggle is a punching bag bullied by others, and others where she has strengths and skills that secretly make her extremely strong, as seen as in stuff like Wriggle vs. SDM. The variety of genres from comedy to horror, diverse depictions of the setting, it's that kind of thing that makes them so interesting.

+1!

I just rarely see Yuuka being beaten - mostly a Namusan fight - but really, this is awesome by itself. The action scenes, Byakuren's feeling towards the help her crew gave her, is priceless.

joined Apr 10, 2013

Also, love the profile picture~

2015-01-01_00005
joined May 12, 2014

Is Byakuren really this powerful to overthrow Yuuka?
For some reason, I do not want to accept this.

You shouldn't accept it. I sure don't.
The author seems to have forgotten about quite a bit. S/he seems to obsess over power levels that have been undefined since Highly Responsive to Prayers.

While we're on the subject of the PC98 games, do you remember when Yuka fought Shinki, the God of Makai? Isn't Hokkai just a remote corner of Makai? Doesn't that mean that Yuuka should have won anyways?

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Oh fuck off, clearly fuck off. It was so obvious that Byakuren was going to win. The author made Yuuka lose, just fuck off. You made an extra just for making Yuuka lose, congrulations you fuck you did what you wanted. I love this author but I get kinda disappointed when authors do shits like this. Like in every doujin Marisa will win for sure, just fuckkkkkk offff. But Reimu is an exception because she is the godess lives in our hearths.

last edited at Mar 18, 2016 9:46AM

Nlridingaa
joined Aug 15, 2016

I am amused by some of the reactions here, I must have not experienced the things that make Yuuka so unbeatable, I know her fan image is that of a violent sadist, but that doesn't mean she is strong. Isn't she just a flower youkai? I'm surprised she could hold her own against Byakuren. Anyway, the Yuuka vs Murasa fight was great! I thought the final fight was good too, but the ending was a bit abrupt and maybe they should have kept it a bit more vague if she would serve or not. Also what does those youkai on deck have against making their appereance that of cute girls lol.

47571239_1082868645220236_4572154478010040320_n
joined Oct 19, 2018

I don't actually care who win here, but the ending is.. cute?

joined Oct 29, 2019

The Yuuka here seems to differ a lot than in canon.

For one, here she seems to just be a stray youkai who is pretty strong rather than the absolute powerhouse (Sanae can push her back in part 1 kinda validates this)

she also doesn't seem to have garden of sun here

Kinda wish she's a bit stronger in part 2 though, since she seems to be stronger in the first part

last edited at Dec 9, 2019 12:39PM

Touhou%20i.2
joined May 16, 2021

I'm just here for the story and I did get quite the nice one. Honestly speaking I don't much about the various comparisons one can make between each Touhou character's powers but it sure doesn't mean that that should stop artists of making their own interpretations of their abilities. In all due respect the doujin itself doesn't need to keep in align with the general lore of Touhou since it is supposed to be a fan made story about the cast in the franchise.

Nonetheless the creative use of Murasa's ability really does sell the idea of not fighting in their own turf. Though there could be more to both Hijiri and Yuuka's abilities than just spell cards and fist fights.

Great story still!

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Isn't Master Spark far from Yuka's strongest ability?

To reply you must either login or sign up.