Forum › Otsu Hiyori discussion

A_channel_wallpaper_11-t2
joined Mar 1, 2014

One of the best yuri authors ever! I absolutely love you, Otsu Hiyori!

last edited at Apr 1, 2014 12:11PM

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

I wonder why she hasn't released anything in forever. Bummer.

Edit: Dang. Didn't realize she has an ongoing shoujo series. If I had know I would't added it to my recent amazon.jp order. Bummer. Its not yuri but I hope its selling well for her.

last edited at Apr 2, 2014 6:24AM

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

^read Erica's article to answer your question . . .
I really hope it'll be scanlated.

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

^ Haha thanks. You answered right as I was editing my comment.

69c76a90jw1exw6rq32l5j215o1jkwwc
joined Jun 1, 2013

I miss her yuri works T_T

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Turtleduck Scans translated the first chapter of Otsu Hiyori last manga, Otomodachi kara Hajimemashou.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Great !! I honestly didn't think it would ever be translated

joined Dec 5, 2014

^Same, I'm glad they picked this one.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Turtleduck Scans translated the first chapter of Otsu Hiyori last manga, Otomodachi kara Hajimemashou.

After reading it, I think it could have developed into yuri really easily.

But it's not gonna happen, since it's already 2 volumes and no yuri there.

Still an interesting read.

last edited at May 15, 2015 4:30PM

kagakujinjya
Art
joined Jan 31, 2013

Is it 'latest' or 'last'? Why last? She's my favorite yuri author, I hope she continues writing.
I think Otomodachi kara hajimemashou will be a long series like girlfriend from Morinaga Miruku, it's said in the article that it's girl meets girl, boy meets boy.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Is it 'latest' or 'last'? Why last? She's my favorite yuri author, I hope she continues writing.
I think Otomodachi kara hajimemashou will be a long series like girlfriend from Morinaga Miruku, it's said in the article that it's girl meets girl, boy meets boy.

Latest, english is not my native language, sorry, I also think it'll be a long series, I hope it becomes yuri with time, probably not, but would be nice if Otsu Hiyori can't help but make it into yuri anyway, after all she only made yuri until now, why change that now? Why...

last edited at May 18, 2015 10:16PM

kagakujinjya
Art
joined Jan 31, 2013

Latest, english is not my native language, sorry, I also think it'll be a long series, I hope it becomes yuri with time, probably not, but would be nice if Otsu Hiyori can't help but make it into yuri anyway, after all she only made yuri until now, why change that now? Why...

Oh, that's good to hear. I was shocked when I thought she's quitting. Personally, I think it's good for her if she wants to try different genre so she won't be jaded by yuri. As long as her main genre is yuri, that is.

I'm not criticizing your English, I'm not good myself.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

This is what I heard as well. And, since someone picked it up, does that mean it'll start showing up here or is it being put out somewhere else?? I've been wanting to read that one for a while.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Wow, the scanlators are fast, 3 chapter in 5 days

You can find it on batoto
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/otomodachi-kara-hajimemashou-r15375

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Turtleduck Scanlations has reached chapter 6.5 of Otomodachi kara Hajimemashou (Let's start with a friend). All of those chapters are also available on the batoto reader. It looks like the series is two volumes (14 chapters) long. I think it's very well written. I'd really like to see it uploaded here.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Turtleduck Scanlations has reached chapter 6.5 of Otomodachi kara Hajimemashou (Let's start with a friend). All of those chapters are also available on the batoto reader. It looks like the series is two volumes (14 chapters) long. I think it's very well written. I'd really like to see it uploaded here.

It is good, but I'm worried as it is the only Hiyori work that isn't labeled as yuri anywhere, but just shoujo. Story has clear yuri subtext, so maybe it just doesn't end with a couple (would fit the tittle)? Can't say since I didn't see raws.

last edited at Sep 24, 2015 3:20PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

It is good, but I'm worried as it is the only Hiyori work that isn't labeled as yuri anywhere, but just shoujo. Story has clear yuri subtext, so maybe it just doesn't end with a couple (would fit the tittle)? Can't say since I didn't see raws.

If it's a shoujo manga then perhaps the two girls end up with the two boys by the end :P And it isn't tagged as yuri, subtext doesn't matter at all when at the end the girl is with a boy.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

If it's a shoujo manga then perhaps the two girls end up with the two boys by the end :P And it isn't tagged as yuri, subtext doesn't matter at all when at the end the girl is with a boy.

Before anyone started translating it I saw its entry on MAL and baka updates and on both sites it was listed as shoujo without any shoujo-ai/yuri tags, but after reading it, it become clear that mc have some kind of feelings towards one of her first friends (female friends). Well it is still possible in second volume we will get some het action since some guys were shown at the beginning and 1 had interested in MC, but since then everything was focused on girls and clear subtext that MC might starting to feel something to one girl. So instead of someone (either boy or girl) confessing to MC and she stating to start as friends, she might be actually the one to want to start something, but will be told to start as friends. Though she already is friends with them, so maybe it will be boy confessing but she will tell him to start from friends? Anyway it seems to not have any solid romance with either gender and I didn't see it being tagged as romance as well. Until I read the rest, my best guess is that is her first work, so no yuri ending yet, but no het as well, since judging by her other works, she doesn't really like it ;x (hint rest is only yuri).

last edited at Sep 24, 2015 3:49PM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Wasn't this work clearly stated non yuri since the begining ? As her first non yuri work ? Because that's how I've always seen it

Oh and it's one of her latest manga, not the first ta all x)

last edited at Sep 24, 2015 4:30PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Wasn't this work clearly stated non yuri since the begining ? As her first non yuri work ? Because that's how I've always seen it

If it was stated like that, then she failed hard, since it has clear yuri subtext xD

There goes my theory 8D Didn't bother to check, was guessing based on the fact that every single other one is a yuri xD

I hope she won't decide to stop writing yuri and switch genre to shoujo/romance ;/

joined Mar 25, 2013

If it was stated like that, then she failed hard, since it has clear yuri subtext xD

There goes my theory 8D Didn't bother to check, was guessing based on the fact that every single other one is a yuri xD

I hope she won't decide to stop writing yuri and switch genre to shoujo/romance ;/

All her works here are yuri yes, she has other works (: I think in one of the translated afterwords she stated she wanted to distance herself from yuri and write het or at least not yuri. As I said though, subtext isn't worth shit if at the end she gets together with a guy :]

last edited at Sep 24, 2015 5:56PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

All her works here are yuri yes, she has other works (:

All her work is yuri.

I think in one of the translated afterwords she stated she wanted to distance herself from yuri and write het or at least not yuri.

Fucking great. There is so little good yuri authors and my favorite decided to change genre =.=

As I said though, subtext isn't worth shit if at the end she gets together with a guy :]

We still don't know how it ends. If anything I expect ending without any couple.

last edited at Sep 24, 2015 6:08PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

All her works here are yuri yes, she has other works (:

All her work is yuri.

If that is all her work then I stand corrected.

I wouldn't count on English sites to show all works of a Japanese author though. Oh well, when it gets translated and if it gets uploaded here we'll see how it ends xD

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I wouldn't count on English sites to show all works of a Japanese author though.

MAL is usually pretty accurate as well as baka updates, since they add even works that aren't translated. Sure some old one could be missed, but especially for more recent authors, I think they cover all of them.

Oh well, when it gets translated and if it gets uploaded here we'll see how it ends xD

Well I'll know how it ends even if it won't be uploaded here ;x I could even without translation if I would bother to check raws xD

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I hold in my hot little hands volume 2 of this work. At the end of volume 1, it says (1) end, but at the end of volume 2, it just says end. So it's probably only two volumes long, but that's not certain. If it is just two volumes long, is it yuri? Het? Yaoi? I haven't actually tried to read the second volume, but just looking at it I can't tell that any couples are forming. The three girls do have some interaction with the three boys and occasionally one on one, but there doesn't seem to be any new couples. On the very last page, (big spoiler, giant spoiler, I'm not kidding!) Chizuru (the MC's most likely yuri love interest) says "I haven't got a boyfriend yet during summer break! Hmmm. So if it's just two volumes, it doesn't seem like yuri or het to me. But if there's going to be more, then we don't know yet.

last edited at Sep 24, 2015 6:54PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.