Forum › Drowsiness Prevention discussion

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

The art is soo cute

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Just noticed during the kissing: holding hands fingers intertwined.
(Details matter)

last edited at Mar 12, 2014 2:48AM

X
joined Jan 6, 2014

That page 5...

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Sakura trick doujin? awesome.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Why isnt this listed as a Sakura Trick doujin? Arent they normally tagged with the pairing? Yuu x Haruka or something?

After "getting used to being friends" this was a refreshing one-shot. :3

last edited at Mar 12, 2014 3:05PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Why isnt this listed as a Sakura Trick doujin?

Cause...it isn't. It's complicated and there's some disagreement in terms of how we're supposed to categorize these things. We'll figure it out some day.

Arent they normally tagged with the pairing? Yuu x Haruka or something?

For now, assume all stories in this anthology will have the same themes and pairings as the main series, the latter of which will not be tagged.

last edited at Mar 12, 2014 3:10PM

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

How is it not a doujin of Sakura Trick when they are quite obviously the girls from the series? O.o Complicated in deed.

joined Nov 11, 2010

I think it's worthwhilie to keep doujins and official anthologies separate. However from a user perspective it is indeed somewhat counterintuitive that doujin and anthology categories are completed unrelated to each other. I wouldn't say this is just a doujin and anthology issue though, because you can't access a series' doujin or anthology pages from even the main series page either. Although this is just my opinion, what I would suggest is more direct linking between related categories rather than any merging of two together.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I think it's worthwhilie to keep doujins and official anthologies separate. However from a user perspective it is indeed somewhat counterintuitive that doujin and anthology categories are completed unrelated to each other. I wouldn't say this is just a doujin and anthology issue though, because you can't access a series' doujin or anthology pages from even the main series page either. Although this is just my opinion, what I would suggest is more direct linking between related categories rather than any merging of two together.

Also, pairing tags helps find these anthologies together with doujins (talking about being intuitive for readers, not for correct uses of such)

last edited at Mar 12, 2014 3:48PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

How is it not a doujin of Sakura Trick when they are quite obviously the girls from the series?

Because it's published and endorsed by the company behind Sakura Trick. Doujinshi are a firm step below that, completely unofficial.

I wouldn't say this is just a doujin and anthology issue though, because you can't access a series' doujin or anthology pages from even the main series page either. Although this is just my opinion, what I would suggest is more direct linking between related categories rather than any merging of two together.

If I'm understanding correctly, you're interested in more series being treated like Saki?

Though it may ultimately be a band-aid solution, official anthologies could be directly linked to (but not filed under) from the main series page and the doujins page. Not the prettiest(?), but I do think this would improve both visibility and properly link together related series/anthologies/whatever without improperly classifying anything.

last edited at Mar 12, 2014 3:51PM

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Ah I see, I didn't realize the manga was official.

joined Nov 11, 2010

If I'm understanding correctly, you're interested in more series being treated like Saki?

Ah, yeah, direct linking via editing the descriptions would be one way to go about it. The other would be programatically adding a "related categories" list to each page. Either way would mean an increase of work for somebody so I didn't want to specify a method explicitly.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Ah, yeah, direct linking via editing the descriptions would be one way to go about it. The other would be programatically adding a "related categories" list to each page. Either way would mean an increase of work for somebody so I didn't want to specify a method explicitly.

Glad I understood. I had a similar thought yesterday(?) when there was a discussion taking place, wanted to see if we were on the same page or not.
Might go ahead and do it the next couple days then.

last edited at Mar 12, 2014 5:43PM

joined Mar 3, 2017

Aaahhh....
These two are always so cute!

To reply you must either login or sign up.