Forum › Shoujo no Kisetsu discussion

Sungji
joined Mar 23, 2011

stupid ryouko!

joined Aug 6, 2013

This is so sad! Just leaving her like that! Ugh!

joined Apr 14, 2013

What a bitch :/

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

Second chap with "happy ever after"!!! Wanna wanna wanna!!!

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Good End...wasn't it? (Wondering if I'm the only one who saw this)

I'm really curious - as our tiny sample size mostly plays to tropes, or doesn't actually address bisexuality at all - are there any manga that actually have a positive bisexual character?

last edited at Oct 28, 2013 6:08PM

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

What a bitch :/

I know right? I thought so too T-T
She could've been at least a little kind to her.

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

... That first short-haired girl... sigh
I hate those...
GAH!

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

LYOUKO YOU BITCH!!

Capture_001_18092013_1154032
joined Mar 2, 2012

I'm really curious - as our tiny sample size mostly plays to tropes, or doesn't actually address bisexuality at all - are there any manga that actually have a positive bisexual character?

Octave? Setsuko is arguably bisexual altough of course it is really of no big relevance too the story.

joined Sep 25, 2011

I think that depends on whether or not Emi adopted Ryouko's use 'em and leave 'em policy. I mean she did use, near enough, the exact same words that were used on her. But, then again, Emi was talking about finding love again so there is definatly hope.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Octave? Setsuko is arguably bisexual altough of course it is really of no big relevance too the story.

Oh, thanks. She remains largely a mystery to me, and her sexuality is never brought up properly, but it sorta works.

I think that depends on whether or not Emi adopted Ryouko's use 'em and leave 'em policy. I mean she did use, near enough, the exact same words that were used on her. But, then again, Emi was talking about finding love again so there is definatly hope.

Yeah, I most definitely saw it as the latter. Following the narration, Emi found a new love and was intent on pursuing it. She never had any intention of leaving Ryouko, so I see nothing to suggest she had any reason to leave the new girl she found.
If you also factor in the "bisexuals = swingers" attitude that I've seen Saki Kaori use a few times now, I feel a bit more confident with that original feeling.

Ah32
joined Mar 3, 2011

Just because someone decides to sleep with someone of the same sex doesn't automatically make them bisexual. Also, the stereotype of bisexuals two-timing or up and leaving someone of the same sex to go back to the opposite sex is really getting old.

I'm definitely sure there are plenty of bisexuals out there who are like this: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/happy_picture_diary_ch04#4 Yes, people who are like this exist. Takes one to know one...

last edited at Nov 1, 2013 5:00PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Just because someone decides to sleep with someone of the same sex doesn't automatically make them bisexual.

Sure. Applies the other way too, which is part of what makes Octave an imperfect example.

Also, the stereotype of bisexuals two-timing or up and leaving someone of the same sex to go back to the opposite sex is really getting old.

Yeah, hence my asking.

I'm definitely sure there are plenty of bisexuals out there who are like this: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/happy_picture_diary_ch04#4 Yes, people who are like this exist. Takes one to know one...

/high fives

Awesome. By far the best good example I've seen (if comically sad).

Ah32
joined Mar 3, 2011

Sure. Applies the other way too, which is part of what makes Octave an imperfect example.

Well, I sort of agree and disagree. I don't think there's one perfect example since everyone is different and sexuality is fluid, not static like most people make it seem or want it to be.

/high fives

Awesome. By far the best good example I've seen (if comically sad).

Thanks and yeah, I can think of no better example.

Also, sorry if it seemed like I was going after you in specific. I was speaking more in general terms and out of general frustration. I've seen topics surrounding this subject derail into negativity towards bisexuals and didn't want it to go down that path, is all. ^^

last edited at Nov 1, 2013 7:30PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Well, I sort of agree and disagree. I don't think there's one perfect example since everyone is different and sexuality is fluid, not static like most people make it seem or want it to be.

Oh, sure.
I suppose I was mostly interested in positive expression by a notably bisexual character. Any example fulfilling that would be "perfect", in my book.

Also, sorry if it seemed like I was going after you in specific. I was speaking more in general terms and out of general frustration. I've seen topics surrounding this subject derail into negativity towards bisexuals and didn't want it to go down that path, is all. ^^

Don't worry, I didn't take it that way at all. We have pretty similar feelings on the whole, and my entire reason for posting initially was due to my frustration with the tropes - and some of the negativity that can be brought to light because(?) of them. Nice to see that avoided in this thread.

Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

whistle wow...what an ending DX

E8xkjfiweawhwl5
joined Sep 23, 2013

fall in love again without knowing if she will be rejected again

joined Apr 14, 2013

The narcissism is spreading

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

Shitty end. Damn truly. She got completely played by her first love, and now she goes after younger girls just like the one who broke her heart.

Shigure%20beach
joined Oct 18, 2017

putting aside any tropes, just as a relatively moral human being what Ryouko did was extremely horrible and she is, rightly, a bitch.

I'd go so far as to argue that potentially it skirted the borderline of rape because, despite not directly saying no, she didnt exactly say yes either. Not exactly proper consent if she was too confused to say yes or no before the emotions fried her brain for a little

last edited at Aug 20, 2018 1:31AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.