Forum › How did Dynasty Scans come to be? Or, even, what exactly is Dynasty Scans?

joined Jun 25, 2021

The name makes it sound like it's a single scanlation group, but it's got stuff from everyone.

This question bothered me a lot a year or three ago. I never really figured it out.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Feel like there was a thread like this recently...

Dynasty-scans was a group, and still have stuff hosted here. The description is as follows:

Dynasty was founded in 2005 in order to pick up Pastel, after it was licensed by Del Rey and Animewaves had dropped the series. The three founding members were Wyvern_D (editor), Co_ol (translator) and ChronoXVIII (editor, proofreader). The group started with only one project but quickly expanded the number of series scanlated, favoring shoujo-ai and manga that had kickass artwork.
Everyone hates us now, but loves the reader! Love-hate relationships are the best.

The simple "story" version is that the remaining staff lost interest in continuing scanlation, but remained interested in building upon the reader. Back then, there was no MangaDex. There wasn't even Batoto yet. Hosting lossless scans on a not-for-profit basis was a rarity, and it was important to them. So, they kept at it and eventually pushed a lot of the boring work off on a few volunteers (like myself). Nowadays I'd think of dynasty-scans.com as just being the domain for the much larger Dynasty Reader. But you never know, maybe someone will pop in eventually and a random scanlation will turn up here.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Tangent question: is readm.org another scummy aggregator, or more like mangadex, or what? What's even the difference between such sites?

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

If you want to see something really trippy, check out the old website and forum from 2007.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

rainbow8 posted:

Tangent question: is readm.org another scummy aggregator, or more like mangadex, or what? What's even the difference between such sites?

mangadex and dynasty lets scan groups upload, remove and edit their works and shows the group name, plus the quality is higher, scummy aggregator sites just use bot programs to copy anything from mangadex or big groups without asking permission, they won't credit the group or the person doing the work, and on top of that, they will decrease the image quality and size so their shitty servers can keep stealing more works.

If you see sites like readlmao superfreemanga or readALLxD.com or any other where you can't see the group's name (besides the credit page inside the chapter) in the chapter list, it's just a scummy aggregator, they don't really care they will copy whatever is available.

last edited at Nov 2, 2021 11:07PM

joined Jun 25, 2021

Feel like there was a thread like this recently...

possible. but sadly no forum search, so I wouldn't know

At any rate, thanks for shedding some light on the issue

joined Jan 14, 2020

If you want to see something really trippy, check out the old website and forum from 2007.

Huh, very trippy website, but fairly conventional forum software.

To reply you must either login or sign up.