Forum › Silver Fire discussion

Moukou_avatar
joined Apr 2, 2013

I love this doujin. It's good to re-read this one. It's such a good RemiSaku story. It has a lot going for it. Even manages to have a brief fight scene. Definitely a favorite of mine.

Thanks for putting it on the reader. I appreciate it.

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

I ship meilingxsakuya but I guess a little bit of sakuyaxremilia ain't so bad. This is the first sakuxremi doujin I've read too. Not bad at all.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Oh that Jojo Bizarre Adventures reference.

"Sakuya's World"

=== "Dio's world"

Niceee!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I only learned today that Nakatani made touhou stuff, and it's goooood

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I looooooove this story. It's the doujin that finally made me go off and play Touhou, just to see if this ship was canon. That's such a shipper thing to say, but honestly I was struck by the intensity of emotion Remi and Sakuya showed.

Sakuya's resistance, her defying Remilia to prove her own autonomy, is also something I have yet to see in any other RemiSaku fanwork. Stories where Remi is just dominant while Sakuya adores her as a submissive servant leave me frowning. Their relationship, especially once romantic feelings hypothetically become involved, is complicated and intriguing because in the Touhou canon, Sakuya freely speaks her own mind, is snarky, and yet unquestionably serves Remilia. This maid role is not one she seems inclined to leave, and one wonders what binds her so willingly to the SDM. Conversely one wonders why Remilia keeps her so close by; I'm pretty sure Sakuya is the person she spends the most time with, a great deal more than anyone else.

I felt Nakatani explored their dynamic well. The doujin's lacking in some things like background context, character past, and relationship development, but it's spot-on in seeing them through to the natural end of this tension, as they act in ways which fit them. Bonus points for cheerful, oblivious Meiling; showing Patchy and Remi being friends and talking about feelings; childish, even innocent, not-just-insane-axe-murderer Flandre; immature, yet trying to act mature Remilia; and Sakuya being something more than perfect, being vulnerable in a way which doesn't break character. One of my favorite scenes: Sakuya flushing as she says she's not okay with having no say in how things will go, right after giving a list of reasons for why it wasn't possible. Felt like a great depiction of her typical reservedness strained by uncontrollable emotions.

The re-occurring mentions of human mortality vs. youkai immortality provided a nice backdrop. I think its biggest contribution comes in highlighting the significance of Sakuya pledging her life (literally) to Remilia.

One of my absolute favorites on this site. :) For something so simple and short it still made a big impression on me and ran deep. I've already returned to read it about once a week (on average over two months). XD

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

I love this doujin. It's good to re-read this one. It's such a good RemiSaku story. It has a lot going for it. Even manages to have a brief fight scene. Definitely a favorite of mine.

Thanks for putting it on the reader. I appreciate it.

Exactly this.

Shanilairis
joined Mar 27, 2021

RemiSaku ga kyou no tea time!
My all time favourite SFW vanilla wholesome RemiSaku oneshot. Way before I even realized that Rireba actually does non-2hu, too. (I own full YagaKimi paperback, mind you)

It's the doujin that finally made me go off and play Touhou

I could perhaps say that I'm one of the 3-5 biggest 2hu freaks I know(personally), yet I'm pretty confident I'll NEVER resort to actually playing it even once(not for the lack of trying by peers to lure me to the dark side lol). It's just kind of a pointless stubbornness on my side at this point. By the way, the fandom calls people like us "secondaryfags". : )

last edited at Jun 24, 2021 1:51PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.