Forum › The Harvin’s Concern discussion

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I don't know Granblue so somebody will have to help me out with the groping characters.

Djeeta is trash in this, it's great.

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

@Orange Pekoe

Cagliostro is the founder of Alchemy in Granblue's world. Was originally born very sickly (and male) and eventually made alchemy as a "fuck you" to life so she wouldn't die young, and just kept working on making her body more and more to her tastes over millenia. Can't swim (not relevant but something we learned with the release of her summer version).
Not relevant to this story but there's a great Cross fate episode between her and Ladiva (the other trans character I know of in GBF)

Charlotta's the captain of the Lumiel knights and her fate episodes are basically all following the fact that she's super awesome and chivalrous but doesn't like people thinking she's a child so she wants to get taller so they stop, she's a harvin and they generally gap out below 4 feet.There was one event about her trying to give up GBF's version of happy meals to appear more mature.

This does have a good point in that it would make sense for Charlotta to go to Cagliostro for growth potions... or considering how often she offers it to people (Deliford, Ladiva, etc.) A new body... though she only offers cute girl bodies even to Deliford who's a husband and I think father and like 40 or something? So she might not be willing to aim for height... I dunno sorry for the rambling.

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

Most of the Harvin females are so friggen cute, but picturing a taller more normally proportioned Charlotta ain't bad either.

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

"I AM IN LOVE WITH EVERY GIRL IN THE CREW!"

Madoromicloseup
joined Mar 6, 2018

I am so interested in playing Granblue, yet I am sad that it is unavailable in English.

last edited at Aug 29, 2019 8:14PM

Smallpred
joined Jun 29, 2015

I am so interested in playing Granblue, yet I am sad that it is unavailable in English.

But it is? I''ve been playing GBF for over a year now.

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

Yeah you can play in English super easy. It's just not on the English app store so you either have to use QooApp or play on a computer.

joined Jul 22, 2014

Say this been bugging me, why did they release the manga and anime using the male avatar?
Might as well get around to checking out the game considering the huge amount of interesting artworks the last couple years.

joined May 26, 2016

@Cloy552 you can play it on your phones browser just setting up an account may be something also playing GBF on the app itself is 100% a mistake and you gimp yourself doing so

@Reirin because they wanted to? Its also a standard thing to do the only one where i haven't seen that the case is for GFL where the MC in the manga is female but you are genderless in the game anyway

Smallpred
joined Jun 29, 2015

Yeah i registered and play the game on a PC using google chrome. If I need to play while on the go I use the google browser on my tablet. I didn't even know there was an app lol

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

I can't see how using a browser would be intrinsically better than the app.

joined May 26, 2016

because a large amount of the time is it a unresponsive mess where you have to click the same command more then once to to active or confirm them. There is also already a decent delay in raids and co-op between non JP and JP players the app just makes it even more unplayable. I can honestly go on the app is honestly really used in extreme cases or you want to throw some money down for rolls atleast IMO.

last edited at Aug 30, 2019 12:54PM

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Say this been bugging me, why did they release the manga and anime using the male avatar?

Is extremely common for developers to never acknowledge the existence of the female MC option, as a result of their understanding that most of their playets are het males and the anime/manga setting being wish fulfillment. The male MC makes it easier for their target demographic of the manga/anime to self insert.
Djeeta is, however, more popular than Gran.

Anyway, I wonder who would still be laughing after witnessing the sheer badassery that is Light Boxtato.

last edited at Aug 30, 2019 5:46PM

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

I've only played this game one time and is kind of hard to explain, but believe me and the others, the app is shit. You can try using and see for yourself how bad it is.

I do use it. I haven't had any problems.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

@Orange Pekoe

Cagliostro is the founder of Alchemy in Granblue's world. Was originally born very sickly (and male) and eventually made alchemy as a "fuck you" to life so she wouldn't die young, and just kept working on making her body more and more to her tastes over millenia. Can't swim (not relevant but something we learned with the release of her summer version).
Not relevant to this story but there's a great Cross fate episode between her and Ladiva (the other trans character I know of in GBF)

Charlotta's the captain of the Lumiel knights and her fate episodes are basically all following the fact that she's super awesome and chivalrous but doesn't like people thinking she's a child so she wants to get taller so they stop, she's a harvin and they generally gap out below 4 feet.There was one event about her trying to give up GBF's version of happy meals to appear more mature.

This does have a good point in that it would make sense for Charlotta to go to Cagliostro for growth potions... or considering how often she offers it to people (Deliford, Ladiva, etc.) A new body... though she only offers cute girl bodies even to Deliford who's a husband and I think father and like 40 or something? So she might not be willing to aim for height... I dunno sorry for the rambling.

Hey thanks, I appreciate the rambling!

joined Nov 21, 2018

Rumor has it that the anime staff wanted to use both Gran and Djeeta as dual protagonists, but CyGames said no. Djeeta instead appears as the Captain in the animated one-shot episodes for the blue-ray releases based on sillier events (numbered as Extra 1 and 2).

joined May 26, 2016

why is this always posted when this isn't true....

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

Of course Gran is the "canon" main protagonist - you always want to aim for the biggest target group and female yuri whales are rare.

This game eats tons of time and it's gacha, so it will be frustrating. Story and characters are good though. There is some yuri subtext with certain crew members too, but meh.

(Vira best girl)

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

According to Famitsu rankings, is true.

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

I blame the fact that Gran is the default protagonist even if Djeeta's adorable and has better outfits in general.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

What game-based anime developers think men want: male protagonist with no personality or a generic personality at best
What men (and women) really want: female protagonist as a RAGING LESBIAN

Also I didn't know Cagliostro was trans. Cool.

Rumor has it that the anime staff wanted to use both Gran and Djeeta as dual protagonists, but CyGames said no.

I would've liked to see that. Japanese companies don't know their fanbases.

last edited at Sep 4, 2019 4:31PM

joined May 26, 2016

According to Famitsu rankings, is true.

And the new years votes every where for GBF seem to say otherwise both are generally 50/50 with a 1% change every so often

To reply you must either login or sign up.