Forum › Wonder Woman Is Officially Queer

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Eh?

I always prefered her with Batman.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Eh. What the writing team thinks doesn't matter unless they actually do something with it

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Eh?

Why wouldn't that be possible?

Look up "bisexual" or "pansexual" on Google, there's a good fellow.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Eh. What the writing team thinks doesn't matter unless they actually do something with it

It's more what DC editorial allows them to do. There have been writers wanting to make her bi or pan for a very long time (and her mom a married lesbian), but they weren't allowed to do more than subtext, as in "I'm not looking for a girlfriend either" or "They call it Paradise Island for a reason" (in response to a comment about it being all women).

It's possible that Wonder Woman's physical model, Olive Byrne, was bisexual as well (she was certainly polyamorous), so the concept is pretty much in her DNA.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Eh?

No i mean it doesn't mean matter anyways since i prefer her and batman as fav. DC pairing.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Eh?

No i mean it doesn't mean matter [to me] anyways since i prefer her and batman as fav. DC pairing.

It matters because representation is important

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Admittedly I'm biased since I've loathed Rucka's current work on the title but I wouldn't give a lot of thought to this announcement. See, WW as character is ultimately WB's property and thus is at the whims of higher interests than her current writer. So, I find extremely unlikely this will bring relevant changes to the character.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Admittedly I'm biased since I've loathed Rucka's current work on the title but I wouldn't give a lot of thought to this announcement. See, WW as character is ultimately WB's property and thus is at the whims of higher interests than her current writer. So, I find extremely unlikely this will bring relevant changes to the character.

Except WB has shown no inclination to mess with the decisions of DC editorial to date, which have often contradicted decisions made for the film versions, or gone in pretty weird directions. So I wouldn't be worried about micro-managing of the comics from that level.

DC editorial on the other hand is inclined to do some pretty dumb, often arbitrary stuff. Like not allowing Batwoman to get married, for instance.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Except that WB vetoed King and Seeley plans to make Dick Grayson bi during their Grayson run. And Dick is a second tier character, you really think they wont raise questions about Diana? Especially with the big role Steve will have on her movie?

And bear in mind that Rebirth is all about DC going back to the classic version of their characters in an attempt to cater at those who failed to find the N52 interesting.

To reply you must either login or sign up.