Forum › Posts by Kiena

Kiena
Yuri☆Kome discussion 10 Jul 13:35
joined May 20, 2013

I thought this was a comedy. I don't find manipulative rape funny...

what an easy woman...

Way to blame the wrong person...

Kiena
Cutie Beast discussion 23 Jun 13:07
joined May 20, 2013

The scanlator is missing from chapter 4.

Other than that, not liking it so far, and nothing can redeem what happened all the way from the start.

last edited at Jun 23, 2017 1:11PM

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

I think Touko is going to use Sayaka for comfort instead, now that both of them know that Sayaka is aware of Touko's issues and Touko is fine with that. This will get interesting...

I wouldn't bet on that, because their conversation still ended with Touko thanking Sayaka for worrying, without any apparent intent to discuss it further. Not impossible, I just don't think it's very likely. Many authors would certainly go into that direction from here, but Nakatani Nio...? It could be interesting in either a good or bad sense, though I hope the story remains as good as it has been until now – even with all the tension – and won't become messy.

last edited at Mar 29, 2017 5:06PM

joined May 20, 2013

@Kiena
I just felt that the various plotlines ended in an unsatisfying manner. The Oga x Himeko plotline just sort of ended with "they've sort of become normal friends". The Kusanagi plotline just sort of ended with "bad Kusanagi! don't!". And the Sayuri x Mikoto plotline just sort of ended with "I want to be together". I'd have liked to see more mutual displays of love. :/

I also felt that the intention might've been to continue it longer, but maybe it didn't depend only on the author. The idea of a different answer to why Mikoto is an angel, or other expansion ideas might've been rejected, or the story wasn't popular enough? I don't know which magazine it ran in originally. The whole's existence and ending still makes me happy enough, though, which can't be said about many other works.

last edited at Mar 20, 2017 3:02PM

joined May 20, 2013

@Kiena
I found the 4th volume to be really underwhelming. =A=

(Tried not to be specific, but not recommended for people who didn't read the 4th volume.)

It may be true that neither the ending of the story, nor the other elements in that volume are completely original, yet I still appreciate this – much longer and thus better built-up – version of a certain one-shot it reminded me of. Seeing what comes after, or having more twists, would've been even nicer, definitely, but it's still the remaining quarter of a story I ultimately like.

last edited at Mar 20, 2017 2:23PM

joined May 20, 2013

To ease those people's suffering who really need it (because they don't enjoy the anxiety), spoiling as little as possible (a lot could be told, it's totally worth waiting for): There was no kiss.

joined May 20, 2013

I like TsubaHonk but something about this doujin felt...off to me? IDK maybe I'm just picky

Same here. Tsubasa didn't strike me as someone employing such tactics against rivals or treating relationships so lightly.

joined May 20, 2013

The cover seems to take place after Maki figured out what Nico meant... At second glance, after reading the story.
It was very funny. n.n Neither of them got the standards of the other...

joined May 20, 2013

10/10, Better than yuri.

I politely disagree. Though there could be more action stories with good yuri romance in them. (Thinking of Hayate x Blade, but a bit more serious in every way.) There was still some funny indirect Maki x Nico in it, anyway.

Kiena
Beloved L discussion 03 Nov 15:47
joined May 20, 2013

It's just a guess, but the last page could also mean Wei Wei's past, heartbroken self appeared before her to scare her with the possibility of Ding Yi (her new 16-year-old lover) may also betray her like Si Chen did (at around the same age?).

last edited at Nov 3, 2016 3:51PM

joined May 20, 2013

Supernatural, because of the curse (and extraordinary luck)?

Kiena
Image Comments 05 May 13:20
joined May 20, 2013
53117976_p7

Must add... Reading like that isn't good for your back. n.n;

Kiena
Poolside discussion 30 Apr 03:20
joined May 20, 2013

(also convenient other lesbians having sex is convenient)

Sorry for pointing it out, but that praise was misplaced. It's a straight couple they saw.

Kiena
Image Comments 15 Apr 14:50
joined May 20, 2013
[kitao_taki]

Is it Nena x Ano in Palm, Lower Back and maybe in Thigh, too?

joined May 20, 2013

Also, did you find any other fucked up manga in your search...? I would like to have their names if you found any, sorry, I just can't resist xD

I was just looking for it here. If you look for the categories associated with it, you can easily come across those I encountered during my search. The sheer number of the results was creepy. Even the scanlation group is familiar, that's how I may have found it in the first place, and everything else seems to match, too, so I'm about 97% sure it's that one.

joined May 20, 2013

Updated my earlier post with the title. I'm fairly certain it's that one. No idea why I didn't give up looking for it, I guess it helped forgetting the topic of this thread.

joined May 20, 2013

What manga it was? You remember the name?

I think it was this one: Bradherley no Basha/Bradherley's Coach

The D&D joke was about that there are multiple dices used in those tabletop games with many sides (e.g. d20, d100), which also means plenty of edges.

last edited at Jan 7, 2016 2:00PM

joined May 20, 2013

A very visible warning about the contents before the links would've been nice. Reminded me of a manga I ran into in the past, in which young girls were sold then given to prisoners to mass rape and kill. The purpose of yuri in this is just to try making it more awful, at best, I guess. Without knowing what is said, I think it would be about the same with a male protagonist, having a heroine is just some sort of service. (Claymore influence, next to Little Red Riding Hood and who knows how many others?) Along these lines, I'd say it's a "werewolf story with yuri" rather than what the title does. A werewolf story with gore, rape, and yuri because "why not?".

last edited at Jan 7, 2016 1:17PM

joined May 20, 2013

Wait why is this tragedy?

I admit thinking about that Tragedy may not be the most fitting tag. Just something along the lines. Like Drama rather than Romance, as well as Aaaaaangst and/or Yuri crush rather than plain Yuri. My reasoning is that while the original ending left space for wishful thinking about Matsuri coping with the situation without much damage, the extra pages appear to depict more of an unspeakable rejection than embarrassment or guilt. How Koyuki sees it depends heavily on the interpretation of her last lines, but I can read into it that, after their earlier relationship was permanently ruined, things may stay like that until either she has to give up on Matsuri for any chance of not being avoided, or she'll be pushed away completely. I'm glad because it seems people can interpret it differently, with a positive outlook. Personally, the tags don't matter to me that much I'd insist on changing them. I came to expect seeing something mutual in Romance stories, but I have no intention of arguing about whether or not it can be found in this with anyone, just expressed my own opinion, possibly too plainly earlier.

joined May 20, 2013

So...this should have a tragedy tag on it, right?

Read this originally, then with the bonus, then tried to forget it. Since it came up again in the featured anthology, just wanted to say, pretty much +1.

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

The afterword is great.

In every respect. 2nd-2 was a good conclusion of Nao's history with Sis, but the best part was the afterword for me.

joined May 20, 2013

Looks like it's Maiko's neighbor in class though. Or at least, the hair is similar.

A bit longer maybe, or not, but the uniform is definitely different. Would be nice if they could just realize they got caught, and find a bed, after taking risks, in the future.

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

Who's got money on Maho being the Princess' descendant or reincarnation?

That was one of my first thoughts after waking up. Lengthy hit-or-miss spoiler reasoning follows. The accident could've been when Maho was a baby that her legs turned into a fishtail in the seawater. I'd bet on that she's the daughter of the princess, and the stone might have been passed on to her willingly, though the overall circumstances of her existence might not be too nice. Maybe the princess wanted to ask Rena to protect, free, or possibly join her daughter at the shrine, but died too soon without the stone. Maho could be seen as being held captive at the shrine, bond emotionally to Yuiko, misled by the story of her accident and allergy to water, given a supposedly noble purpose, and being guarded, despite the freedom to visit other places nearby on land.

last edited at Dec 20, 2015 6:41AM

Kiena
Stretch discussion 10 Sep 15:45
joined May 20, 2013

Is everyone here playing the farewell game, or did the confused people just skip that part entirely?

joined May 20, 2013

Now the question may be when that "former friend" will show up to be jealous of Hana and make her jealous at the same time. I'll be a bit sad if I guessed right.