Forum › Posts by Kiena

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

I was wondering where the drama teacher was. And look who's standing outside the nurse office

On the very last page as they are made to do. She's obviously an expert.

EDIT: Thinking a bit more about it, depending on who she is, there are so many potential triangles and even other polygons possible yet. The common thing is drama. A different role for her would suddenly make the manga stand out. (The odd spacing so far didn't really help.)

last edited at Jan 5, 2018 2:15PM

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

Yuki Kitsune

And what do you want to bet that the substitute nurse is her old flame?

I'm assuming that as well since it was the only noteworthy thing for the teacher to say... Chapter 4 makes it even more likely, though no face-to-face meeting yet. Expecting some heavy drama, as usual, involving her, one way or the other. A neat solution of the situation would be a very welcome surprise.

last edited at Jan 3, 2018 3:46PM

joined May 20, 2013

Thank you, bitfarb. Sooner or later I'll acquire Sun/Moon and at this point it'll be the Ultra version, probably.
That really sounds like a loss, but maybe they make up for it later. In Ulta Lillie doesn't go away and can accompany the player (i.e. Mizuki) in the post game. That sounds better to me than the original, and maybe there is another scene as well. Maybe that one got moved to a later point, unless too much have changed.
EDIT: Thank you too, Shinii, that sounds promising.

last edited at Jan 1, 2018 3:14PM

joined May 20, 2013

And yeah, Lillie here is fairly accurate to the game. Well, the first ones at least. The Ultra versions change stuff up so much it's hard to say. I quit playing when I got to a certain area and an important scene was entirely replaced.

If you quit because of that change, could you elaborate in a spoiler?

Kiena
Blue Method discussion 30 Dec 06:00
joined May 20, 2013

My whole statement or that which is written in the spoiler tag?

I was referring only to the spoiler part. The rest I kept for context, and isn't subject to doubt either, since Strawberry Panic is quite over the top.

I just checked the end of the collection, found no trace of anything similar, still, maybe I should look harder... I bought it and the manga to support English releases, but I wasn't too much of a fan of the anime either, so I didn't read them yet in the end... Maybe someone else can also confirm whether anything like that was in any of the editions or not.

Kiena
Blue Method discussion 30 Dec 05:23
joined May 20, 2013

Indeed, Strawberry Panic! manga is Yuri, but it was also meant as a parody of Class-S. From what I have heard, in the novels, all of the girls in Strawberry Panic! get married to men after graduation, but that needs verified

Then that was omitted from the English "complete" novel collection.

joined May 20, 2013

A question for those doubting the cheating...

What else can this page mean other than that she should already be the brother's wife instead (i.e. the little sister's sister)?

last edited at Dec 26, 2017 6:02PM

joined May 20, 2013

What is in the phone? WHAT'S IN THE PHONE?! WHAT'S IN THE F#*KING PHONE?!

The message from the cheating husband saying he will still not be back until later than the accident happened. (Unless it got deleted by his friendly and considerate mistress.)

joined May 20, 2013

Is this really the end? The afterword made it sound like the author was not yet done writing about this couple.

There's been a couple more chapters so far.

Is that a good or bad thing? There was huge turn (over 2 years). Either Yamanaka has changed and they'll show that, or she didn't and they'll be sad to read...

She also wrote that her other storyboards were rejected. I hope we'll someday be able to read those. They may actually be better.

last edited at Dec 24, 2017 2:03PM

joined May 20, 2013

I thought it could be a take on schizophrenia as well. The ending is ambiguous because the other students don't seem to acknowledge Isoya's presence to confirm she's fine.

So was the whole murder her fantasy? What about Isoya's absence? What about the ghosts? (Her room had no one else in it when "Isoya" visited her.) Are only the ghosts fantasies? Did she kill other people as well if the murder was real?

Usually only the continuation of a story is left for people to imagine. In this case maybe what we read as well.

EDIT: On the other hand, something that supports the whole thing not being real from the start is how she speaks to the ghosts in class, with a complete lack of awareness of the classmates' audible reactions. This interpretation is way easier on the mind, too.

last edited at Dec 21, 2017 11:06PM

joined May 20, 2013

I have lists for things that are bad in various ways but this starts deserving its own... Something like "trash"...

joined May 20, 2013

I kinda feel bad for not being into this series at all.

It's...okay, I guess?

+1
For me it's mostly Shinku's character what ruins it. Besides a serious lack of sense.

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

I wonder if the mental illness in this story is supposed to be Seri's phobia of men. She denies being a lesbian and the faceless voices stress that everything is just because she had bad experiences with boys from the get go. Of course the fact that she ponders whether Ryouko was her first love implies that may be partially or completely wrong. If it isn't, though, then her condition, and the loneliness – or even isolation – it led to, made her the prey of Ryouko, whom we don't know anything about. Twice, I guess. Just a dark reading of the story based on the anthology's title. (Also it doesn't reflect my opinion about whether having such feelings towards men is an illness or not.)

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

Just add Cheating. There is nothing not to spoil. Might as well add Bisexual, too. It'd help people decide whether they want to read it or not.

joined May 20, 2013

Wow. This is development. Will it end in tragedy?

Kiena
Yuri☆Kome discussion 10 Jul 13:35
joined May 20, 2013

I thought this was a comedy. I don't find manipulative rape funny...

what an easy woman...

Way to blame the wrong person...

Kiena
Cutie Beast discussion 23 Jun 13:07
joined May 20, 2013

The scanlator is missing from chapter 4.

Other than that, not liking it so far, and nothing can redeem what happened all the way from the start.

last edited at Jun 23, 2017 1:11PM

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

I think Touko is going to use Sayaka for comfort instead, now that both of them know that Sayaka is aware of Touko's issues and Touko is fine with that. This will get interesting...

I wouldn't bet on that, because their conversation still ended with Touko thanking Sayaka for worrying, without any apparent intent to discuss it further. Not impossible, I just don't think it's very likely. Many authors would certainly go into that direction from here, but Nakatani Nio...? It could be interesting in either a good or bad sense, though I hope the story remains as good as it has been until now – even with all the tension – and won't become messy.

last edited at Mar 29, 2017 5:06PM

joined May 20, 2013

@Kiena
I just felt that the various plotlines ended in an unsatisfying manner. The Oga x Himeko plotline just sort of ended with "they've sort of become normal friends". The Kusanagi plotline just sort of ended with "bad Kusanagi! don't!". And the Sayuri x Mikoto plotline just sort of ended with "I want to be together". I'd have liked to see more mutual displays of love. :/

I also felt that the intention might've been to continue it longer, but maybe it didn't depend only on the author. The idea of a different answer to why Mikoto is an angel, or other expansion ideas might've been rejected, or the story wasn't popular enough? I don't know which magazine it ran in originally. The whole's existence and ending still makes me happy enough, though, which can't be said about many other works.

last edited at Mar 20, 2017 3:02PM

joined May 20, 2013

@Kiena
I found the 4th volume to be really underwhelming. =A=

(Tried not to be specific, but not recommended for people who didn't read the 4th volume.)

It may be true that neither the ending of the story, nor the other elements in that volume are completely original, yet I still appreciate this – much longer and thus better built-up – version of a certain one-shot it reminded me of. Seeing what comes after, or having more twists, would've been even nicer, definitely, but it's still the remaining quarter of a story I ultimately like.

last edited at Mar 20, 2017 2:23PM

joined May 20, 2013

To ease those people's suffering who really need it (because they don't enjoy the anxiety), spoiling as little as possible (a lot could be told, it's totally worth waiting for): There was no kiss.

joined May 20, 2013

I like TsubaHonk but something about this doujin felt...off to me? IDK maybe I'm just picky

Same here. Tsubasa didn't strike me as someone employing such tactics against rivals or treating relationships so lightly.

joined May 20, 2013

The cover seems to take place after Maki figured out what Nico meant... At second glance, after reading the story.
It was very funny. n.n Neither of them got the standards of the other...

joined May 20, 2013

10/10, Better than yuri.

I politely disagree. Though there could be more action stories with good yuri romance in them. (Thinking of Hayate x Blade, but a bit more serious in every way.) There was still some funny indirect Maki x Nico in it, anyway.

Kiena
Beloved L discussion 03 Nov 15:47
joined May 20, 2013

It's just a guess, but the last page could also mean Wei Wei's past, heartbroken self appeared before her to scare her with the possibility of Ding Yi (her new 16-year-old lover) may also betray her like Si Chen did (at around the same age?).

last edited at Nov 3, 2016 3:51PM