Forum › Posts by Kiena

joined May 20, 2013

The second (and last) part seems to make a lot of sense, even if it doesn't explain some things.
I still don't get why Ayumi stuck to Rina. Unless she couldn't properly reject her and only managed to avoid kissing an so on. Then that'd mean Rina stuck to her instead. Otherwise, Ayumi was just simply two-timing and got caught with one of them first (Saki being the more forceful, apparently), got thrown out, then didn't care about hiding anymore. Saki may be the most decent person overall in the story, just being unlucky having fallen for Ayumi?
Alright, it leaves a lot unexplained, but at least two characters' reasons become clear.
Shuri seems to be a slightly better person than this chapter suggests, since above all she tried to protect or save (and get) the person she loves. Even if she's underhanded and manipulated the teacher, who had gone along with Shuri's voting plan because she loves her... At least Shuri didn't agree to the teacher's demanded payment and remained faithful to (or obsessed of) Rina, whom she still isn't going out with. In the end she tries to make Rina notice her, and we don't get to know more than this...
Of course, none of those reasons and intentions make the voting any less wrong altogether.

Given how there is nothing more to the story than these two chapters, I'd summarize it as a forgettable series of bad events, people, and examples. Oh, and good art to have more to be sad about.

last edited at Jan 24, 2018 3:31PM

joined May 20, 2013

Okay, can I just kick this asshole in the dick right now or I'll have to wait because there is a line?

In there too. Please wait for your turn. In case anything will be left to kick... Guk-Hwa is at the front of the line.

joined May 20, 2013

Kissing while time stopped, thats workplace sexual harassment!

But its Yuri, so its ok.

That's not how it works.

joined May 20, 2013

This was horrible!

Messed up, sure... Horrible? Well... If someone isn't only into it for the "pure" (fetishist's?) yuri, then considering that at least Mio is apparently Bisexual (though everything points toward that Sakura may also be), it was a possible way for her to get out of that situation. Which would've worked better if there was no real other love interest (of either gender) to keep their bond more romantic. While I thought this through, however, I realized that Mio was actually Cheating on Masato (the guy) at the end. At that point it started becoming horrible for me too, instead of just ignorable.

Their relationship's problems (miscommunication, lack of confidence, dealing with hetero-normative external and internal expectations), while the realistic kind I don't really like to see in manga in addition to the real world, were interesting, and could have been solved better. I don't like soccer either, though, so I don't mind that I have no reason to read it again because of a better story.

Kiena
Aria's Egg discussion 13 Jan 14:00
joined May 20, 2013

I just realized that I never ever really knew... Do birds even pee?

Nope, they always get rid of a mix of what they don't need.

Kiena
Aria's Egg discussion 13 Jan 13:43
joined May 20, 2013

But, who around here would like to eat this egg? Haha

On the flip side, having the ability to provide the one(s) you love with something your body produces is something nice, isn't it? There already is breast milk for babies. An infertile egg each month would be just a more regular variation of that, in this sense, for a bird girl, not even intended for the child (since the child would be a fertile egg). So if one offered it to me, I don't think I'd refuse unless I had something against the person who laid it. From friends and relatives I'd likely welcome it. (Fertile eggs are something else though, for a lot of reasons (I'm not happy when I encounter real ones either), especially from bird girls...)

Nice and thought provoking story, the only downside is that it's somewhat traumatic for her. In their world, I hope her guardian's words were a good start for her to accept how it works, and that that process lets her be more honest with others once she loves herself enough to feel comfortable. (My continuation of the story if it never gets written.)

last edited at Jan 13, 2018 2:02PM

Kiena
Image Comments 11 Jan 17:23
joined May 20, 2013
Ds82uydumaa_mum-orig

It's so evident everyone watches RWBY that no longer does anyone mind two spoilers in the picture without the tag. With only 2 episodes left, the season might also end with a cliffhanger... It would be fitting.

joined May 20, 2013

Is it one of Momono Moto's first works? It looks a bit disjointed or perhaps a teensy bit too abstract in how it is written. I guess I'm supposed to feel as puzzled as the teacher as to why the student is acting this way, but I don't know...

Still like it, though.

Looking at her pixiv, the first chapter is from 2014. Then new chapters every so often. There was a relatively short time between the last two chapters (9 and 10). No new sight of the creepy cousin, so far. I hope they intend to finish it with at least similarly short gaps if it ends up coming to that kind of plot.

joined May 20, 2013

No nsfw tag?

No Rape either.

last edited at Jul 9, 2019 12:55AM

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

Drama! Drama is coming!

Game of Tropes

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

I was wondering where the drama teacher was. And look who's standing outside the nurse office

On the very last page as they are made to do. She's obviously an expert.

EDIT: Thinking a bit more about it, depending on who she is, there are so many potential triangles and even other polygons possible yet. The common thing is drama. A different role for her would suddenly make the manga stand out. (The odd spacing so far didn't really help.)

last edited at Jan 5, 2018 2:15PM

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

Yuki Kitsune

And what do you want to bet that the substitute nurse is her old flame?

I'm assuming that as well since it was the only noteworthy thing for the teacher to say... Chapter 4 makes it even more likely, though no face-to-face meeting yet. Expecting some heavy drama, as usual, involving her, one way or the other. A neat solution of the situation would be a very welcome surprise.

last edited at Jan 3, 2018 3:46PM

joined May 20, 2013

Thank you, bitfarb. Sooner or later I'll acquire Sun/Moon and at this point it'll be the Ultra version, probably.
That really sounds like a loss, but maybe they make up for it later. In Ulta Lillie doesn't go away and can accompany the player (i.e. Mizuki) in the post game. That sounds better to me than the original, and maybe there is another scene as well. Maybe that one got moved to a later point, unless too much have changed.
EDIT: Thank you too, Shinii, that sounds promising.

last edited at Jan 1, 2018 3:14PM

joined May 20, 2013

And yeah, Lillie here is fairly accurate to the game. Well, the first ones at least. The Ultra versions change stuff up so much it's hard to say. I quit playing when I got to a certain area and an important scene was entirely replaced.

If you quit because of that change, could you elaborate in a spoiler?

Kiena
Blue Method discussion 30 Dec 06:00
joined May 20, 2013

My whole statement or that which is written in the spoiler tag?

I was referring only to the spoiler part. The rest I kept for context, and isn't subject to doubt either, since Strawberry Panic is quite over the top.

I just checked the end of the collection, found no trace of anything similar, still, maybe I should look harder... I bought it and the manga to support English releases, but I wasn't too much of a fan of the anime either, so I didn't read them yet in the end... Maybe someone else can also confirm whether anything like that was in any of the editions or not.

Kiena
Blue Method discussion 30 Dec 05:23
joined May 20, 2013

Indeed, Strawberry Panic! manga is Yuri, but it was also meant as a parody of Class-S. From what I have heard, in the novels, all of the girls in Strawberry Panic! get married to men after graduation, but that needs verified

Then that was omitted from the English "complete" novel collection.

joined May 20, 2013

A question for those doubting the cheating...

What else can this page mean other than that she should already be the brother's wife instead (i.e. the little sister's sister)?

last edited at Dec 26, 2017 6:02PM

joined May 20, 2013

What is in the phone? WHAT'S IN THE PHONE?! WHAT'S IN THE F#*KING PHONE?!

The message from the cheating husband saying he will still not be back until later than the accident happened. (Unless it got deleted by his friendly and considerate mistress.)

joined May 20, 2013

Is this really the end? The afterword made it sound like the author was not yet done writing about this couple.

There's been a couple more chapters so far.

Is that a good or bad thing? There was huge turn (over 2 years). Either Yamanaka has changed and they'll show that, or she didn't and they'll be sad to read...

She also wrote that her other storyboards were rejected. I hope we'll someday be able to read those. They may actually be better.

last edited at Dec 24, 2017 2:03PM

joined May 20, 2013

I thought it could be a take on schizophrenia as well. The ending is ambiguous because the other students don't seem to acknowledge Isoya's presence to confirm she's fine.

So was the whole murder her fantasy? What about Isoya's absence? What about the ghosts? (Her room had no one else in it when "Isoya" visited her.) Are only the ghosts fantasies? Did she kill other people as well if the murder was real?

Usually only the continuation of a story is left for people to imagine. In this case maybe what we read as well.

EDIT: On the other hand, something that supports the whole thing not being real from the start is how she speaks to the ghosts in class, with a complete lack of awareness of the classmates' audible reactions. This interpretation is way easier on the mind, too.

last edited at Dec 21, 2017 11:06PM

joined May 20, 2013

I have lists for things that are bad in various ways but this starts deserving its own... Something like "trash"...

joined May 20, 2013

I kinda feel bad for not being into this series at all.

It's...okay, I guess?

+1
For me it's mostly Shinku's character what ruins it. Besides a serious lack of sense.

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

I wonder if the mental illness in this story is supposed to be Seri's phobia of men. She denies being a lesbian and the faceless voices stress that everything is just because she had bad experiences with boys from the get go. Of course the fact that she ponders whether Ryouko was her first love implies that may be partially or completely wrong. If it isn't, though, then her condition, and the loneliness – or even isolation – it led to, made her the prey of Ryouko, whom we don't know anything about. Twice, I guess. Just a dark reading of the story based on the anthology's title. (Also it doesn't reflect my opinion about whether having such feelings towards men is an illness or not.)

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

Just add Cheating. There is nothing not to spoil. Might as well add Bisexual, too. It'd help people decide whether they want to read it or not.

joined May 20, 2013

Wow. This is development. Will it end in tragedy?